Daily Crystal Booster Pack Problems

Replies

• Options
    Still no response! I been watching this thread like a hawk!
    Ally code: 557-818-159
  • Options
    I see Jesse is just completely ignoring this topic. Even sent a PM a couple days ago.
  • Errant
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    As a heavy spender on micro transaction games I like I am literally speaking with my wallet. Maybe losing out on 500+ dollars in purchase a year will get their attention. My account has the purchase history to back up what I am saying and so should they investigate my claims they will see I mean it!

Please level the offerings EA I am not asking for anything ridiculous I am just asking you to offer the same experience to all players, its already got enough RNG in it!
  • Options
    I have 2 accounts

My main, LordYUGOLOTH is on a S6 edge device and he has access to that 7 day crystals pack

My other account, RIFT, is on an iPad Air and didn't get any special packs.. Same location ..

No logic here..either that, or they like to torture people and are using their own dark side to create some levels of frustration...
  • Options
    I have 2 accounts

My main, LordYUGOLOTH is on a S6 edge device and he has access to that 7 day crystals pack

My other account, RIFT, is on an iPad Air and didn't get any special packs.. Same location ..

No logic here..either that, or they like to torture people and are using their own dark side to create some levels of frustration...

Its Random on first creation. I have gotten 7day, 21 day and no offering by clearing game data on the same device and hitting play as guest and starting from scratch....
  • Options
    I posted this exact topic in the general forums yesterday to create some awareness and tell people about how to create accounts over and over till you get the 21 day pack (Thanks to Errant for doing the leg work on this) and i got a warning level 2 on my account and they removed my posting. There is some very shady stuff going on here, the fact that this posting i started about a week ago has over 800 views and 25+ postings has been ignored for so long says something. EA_Jesse has been posting on many other topics but dancing around this one on purpose. They have read this post each time someone new makes a post you can be sure of it, i would bet they are watching this like a hawk waiting for an excuse to remove the whole post.
  • Options
    I posted this exact topic in the general forums yesterday to create some awareness and tell people about how to create accounts over and over till you get the 21 day pack (Thanks to Errant for doing the leg work on this) and i got a warning level 2 on my account and they removed my posting. There is some very shady stuff going on here, the fact that this posting i started about a week ago has over 800 views and 25+ postings has been ignored for so long says something. EA_Jesse has been posting on many other topics but dancing around this one on purpose. They have read this post each time someone new makes a post you can be sure of it, i would bet they are watching this like a hawk waiting for an excuse to remove the whole post.

That's crazy. Certainly puts a bad taste in one's mouth. The game doesn't look so appealing after hearing you got an infraction for what you said, indicating the mod is fully aware of this, but yet has never posted in here and doesn't respond to PMs.
  • Options
    Wow, just saw this...absolutely ridiculous! I guess I'm not buying a 7 Day pack again. Figure now might be a good time for a Google Play review. Some people are getting 1225 crystals more than others but paying the same price. That's just messed up.
  • Options
    Once the 7 or 21 days have passed, can you purchase these packs again?
  • doomtroopers
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This was posted today. Its hilarious what this EA_Jesse says, he is an ADMIN for the forum.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1282/really-hope-devs-listen
  • Options
    I came here from SW Uprising, after they pulled a nasty bait and switch trick on everyone i have took my refund for all $ spent on that game, uninstalled it and came here. Unfortunately (for me, because i like the game) will have to do the same here, if i get a perception you guys are playing some shady marketing games with me. I have spent only $30 on the game so far, but i'll invest some extra time on my side to make apple refund it. Do not disrespect your playerbase, especially when it comes to the subject of our money. All we ask for is an explanation why is this happening...
  • Options
    I don't want to know why its happening I want the options equalized. Offer one to all NOT different ones to each account based on RNG at account creation. Offer all of us 21 day subs or NONE of us. Its really unfair specially when it comes to a game like this.
  • doomtroopers
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If this whole posting is taken down, you all know why. They didnt want to answer us so they just shut it down!
    Really though i gotta say how dumb it is on EA's part, all we want is to spend MORE money, and all were just asking for is what 1/3 of the people were already given at the start.
  • Options
    The other interesting thing is that the OP's photos show they are paying $5.79 for 7 day packs and mine shows it as $4.99. So in addition to paying the same for different packages, some players are being charged more money for the same packages.
  • Options
    Yes, it makes no sense at all as a lot of people want this option to spend in their store. A few days ago I purchased $200 in iTunes cards in anticipation of the movie release. Yes, I realize they won't miss my money if I leave as some people spend more than that a week. I'll also be requesting a refund from Apple for money already spent on this game.
  • Elleby
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Before someone says its because we have different phones/carriers or live in different areas, we both have iphone 6 with same provider and live one block from eachother.

If your phones are identical then why are the two images at completely different aspect ratios? The boxes in the center are the same size and the same amount of content is on the screen, but one screen is obviously a different aspect ratio then the other.

Not trying to be a ****, just curious and if they are different phone types then it throws your argument a bit off. I'm on Android, so my knowledge of iOS is limited, and there may be a logical explanation.
  • Options
    Elleby wrote: »
    Before someone says its because we have different phones/carriers or live in different areas, we both have iphone 6 with same provider and live one block from eachother.

If your phones are identical then why are the two images at completely different aspect ratios? The boxes in the center are the same size and the same amount of content is on the screen, but one screen is obviously a different aspect ratio then the other.

Not trying to be a ****, just curious and if they are different phone types then it throws your argument a bit off. I'm on Android, so my knowledge of iOS is limited, and there may be a logical explanation.

Honestly I don't think it matters if they were different phones anyway. As Errant stated, you can remove game data on your own phone and get different packages just by starting the game over on the same phone.
  • doomtroopers
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not at all Elleby thats a fair question. One of the images was a screen shot taken by my friend and sent to me, the other was a screen shot taken by my ipad mini 2. When i started i was using my iphone 6 (same as my friend) but i linked my account so i could play on both devices, and yes both my iphone and ipad showed the same crystal package. As Errant figured out though with multiple account creations its a totally random grab bag of crystal bonuses.
  • Options
    There's another admin posting now, maybe he'll actually attempt to figure this out. We are actually wanting to spend money. I would think this would be a quick fix.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten Really hope you guys are paying attention and working on a solution to this.
  • Options
    I hadn't recieved any offer for crystals. But I don't really have any intention of spending $$$. Although for 21 days of 100 crystals does seem worth 5 bucks for time I spent playing the game.
  • Options
    Still waiting for an answer EA. How many more people are you going to lose potential sales from?
  • Options
    The other interesting thing is that the OP's photos show they are paying $5.79 for 7 day packs and mine shows it as $4.99. So in addition to paying the same for different packages, some players are being charged more money for the same packages.

The difference in cost in based per country.. sadly
  • Options
    Even though this is about one of the most expensive games I've ever seen in my life and yet the support and overall care given to the product is very low. I read endless messages of users spending hundreds on this game and I'd advise you don't. Being #1 in EA's world just isn't worth it when you get second place treatment. We all need to accept that EA probably will fix as little as possible. A fix will come thru only if the bottom line is affected, nothing more.....
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on this. We will be rolling out Crystal Subscription Packs to the entire player base by the end of next week.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Thank you for that, and for letting us know. Very much appreciated.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    oh snap... there is a 21 day option?!!! i thought the 7 day was a good deal when it was offered to me... sheesh. i am sitting on a buttload of free Google Play credits... just sayin'.

Also, to the OP... why is it $5.79? Is that on iPhone? My 7 day was $4.99 (Android/Google)... but knowing there is a 21-day pack for the same price, i got screwed!
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on this. We will be rolling out Crystal Subscription Packs to the entire player base by the end of next week.

But will there be any adjustment for those of us screwed over by buying the 7-day pack option when there was a 21-day option offered? This is disingenuous at best... you can save a lot of PR face here if you make good on those of us who have already sent you money.

A vote of confidence, if you will, from your customers...

My Google Play review is in your hands, EA.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Congrats to everybody that posted here and a huge thanks to Errant for the work he did in finding out how/when the random sub packs worked. I'm still not going to hold my breath after it took over a week to get a single response but IF and that's a big IF they actually fix this problem i think most of us will be happy to drop 6$ for 21 days of crystals.
  • Errant
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Congrats to everybody that posted here and a huge thanks to Errant for the work he did in finding out how/when the random sub packs worked. I'm still not going to hold my breath after it took over a week to get a single response but IF and that's a big IF they actually fix this problem i think most of us will be happy to drop 6$ for 21 days of crystals.

I am pretty sure they will keep their word on this one its not fixing a bug, its changing "Working as designed" to be "Working as designed, in a fair way to all players" They are giving us the paying player base what we asked for a level offering to all accounts.

Cudos to correcting the issue. In the future use "special packages, for a limited time" to test out what works best not a RNG generator on account creation to give different offerings to different accounts. You will get a lot more respect from your paying user base.

Proper Method for testing this out would have been to offer:
    7 day subs for a week or two as a limited time thing, then 21 Day subscription for a limited month or 2, then nothing for a month or two and measure statistics and performance.

Sincerely the guy who does this for a living!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I have no option as well and i would certainly be buying the 21 day pak if they offered it.............

@EA_Jesse, i am tellin you come get my $ lol. Make the 21 day pak available and i will buy it instantly. All i need is the option to do so!!!!!!!!