• Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Patience!!!

I read your comment and looked at your profile pic
  • Options
    Seriously?

Come on.. if they do communicate and something happens BEYOND THEIR CONTROL even.. people get up in arms. If they say nothing PEOPLE GET UP IN ARMS. It's just a Lose\Lose.

This has been a really unique week, people have been trying very hard to get this stuff out. :/

Can we just give them a break?

Please?

They take the complaints with a grain of salt. Like any other business, they push to make an unrealistic deadline, and it gets pushed back. I agree that people need to give them some slack, but I doubt anyone working on the project will loose any sleep because forum members are crying the update took longer than what they pushed for.
  • Options
    Seriously?

Come on.. if they do communicate and something happens BEYOND THEIR CONTROL even.. people get up in arms. If they say nothing PEOPLE GET UP IN ARMS. It's just a Lose\Lose.

This has been a really unique week, people have been trying very hard to get this stuff out. :/

Please?

Why would we give them a break? It was Tuesday then Wednesday oh now it's Thursday but it might not even come out today. This is not being handled well whoevers fault it is, they could do a much better job at communicating.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Please?

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Then it wouldn't be funny anymore! :smiley: j/k
    Btw it is always a lose/lose even if everything went perfectly. People would still complain about downloading and restarting the app cause it took "ALMOST FIVE MINUTES!!!
  • Options
    Seriously?

Please?

I am usually the one that defends the developers on these forums, so they get breaks.

If there was a problem with the updates going live a simple in game in box would have been great.

I had 40 players in my guild not do GW guild activity, thinking they would get better drops on nodes, as a result I missed out on guild currently and missed out on 7* Ewok Elder for heroic raid.

Small things like this cause a snowball effect. It's hard enough to keep up even after spending bulk $ to do so.

So while you ask to give a break, all I am asking for is update on a situation.

Had you done so, there would be no need for this thread.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Didn't I read yesterday the update was already in the hands of Apple/Google? I really just want to know if I should do my GW battles now, because I've got almost no time left to play. I don't mind waiting, but I hate not getting updates from EA/CG until the end of the day.

You read someone's speculation about the situation. People on the Internet can be unreliable.

The person making the updates is not the same person making the decisions, they may not know until the end of the day. Even awesome people have to wait for others sometimes, right @CG_Kozispoon. :smile:
  • Options
    Seriously?

Please?

I am usually the one that defends the developers on these forums, so they get breaks.

If there was a problem with the updates going live a simple in game in box would have been great.

I had 40 players in my guild not do GW guild activity, thinking they would get better drops on nodes, as a result I missed out on guild currently and missed out on 7* Ewok Elder for heroic raid.

Small things like this cause a snowball effect. It's hard enough to keep up even after spending bulk $ to do so.

Opportunity cost, obviously the extra 20% of credits from GW for one day outweighed the benefits of the raid to your guild.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Seriously?

Please?

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Then it wouldn't be funny anymore! :smiley: j/k
    Btw it is always a lose/lose even if everything went perfectly. People would still complain about downloading and restarting the app cause it took "ALMOST FIVE MINUTES!!!

5 minutes. What are they using dial up.
  • firrib
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Please?

They take the complaints with a grain of salt. Like any other business, they push to make an unrealistic deadline, and it gets pushed back. I agree that people need to give them some slack, but I doubt anyone working on the project will loose any sleep because forum members are crying the update took longer than what they pushed for.

I don't think anyone here is "crying" about the update taking longer, they are frustrated at the lack of communication about it. We don't know if it is taking longer, and therefore won't come out today, or if it isn't taking longer and the guy who is set to push it out is just on his break. That's what everyone is posting about: lack of communication.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't mind when the update comes out and if they need more time that's fine and I would prefer that the updates goes smooth. But the lack of communication in a consistent area is annoying. This is a great game and will continue to be but the biggest problem has always been the lack of transparent communication.

We shouldnt need to search mega threads on these forums, Reddit, and twitter to get updates. There should just be consistent posts in the updates section so everyone knows where to look and what the newest update is.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Seriously?

Please?

You did get an update.. every day.. I am sorry it was not the update you wanted to hear, but still it was an update. :|

As far as "saving stuff" .. is an extra couple of rewards a "make or break" in any way?.. I would probably use them rather than lose them... after all you got an update that said the update was uncertain. I think the smart play is to use it before you lose it. :|

(which reminds me I need to finish the GW I was saving for the update)
  • Options
    Seriously?

Please?

Agree. I appreciate the communication and can wait as long as it takes. I would prefer a quality product rather than a rushed one.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Look what i have started haha i agree n they shud say "sorry guys due to technical difficulties we will just launch next week" simple. Not double guessing n guilds stocking up on gw
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    self entitlement, unlimited self entitlement
  • Options
    Plus 1 for the last 2 posts
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Serya wrote: »
    I really don't mind when the update comes out and if they need more time that's fine and I would prefer that the updates goes smooth. But the lack of communication in a consistent area is annoying. This is a great game and will continue to be but the biggest problem has always been the lack of transparent communication.

We shouldnt need to search mega threads on these forums, Reddit, and twitter to get updates. There should just be consistent posts in the updates section so everyone knows where to look and what the newest update is.

Yep. Especially the second part.
  • Options
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Please?

Agree. I appreciate the communication and can wait as long as it takes. I would prefer a quality product rather than a rushed one.

Ohhh. It'll still feel rushed.
  • Options
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Please?

Ohhh. It'll still feel rushed.

Very true
  • Options
    Sorry,
    No. I don't feel they deserve a break. It's a business...period...out to make money.....so why should there be a break provided? Communication (Along with many other things) is paramount for players and this situation is no exception. No....no break.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    This is why EA/CG chooses not to always be as transparent as possible. If something goes wrong on their end, there aren't riots as a result. If they had just said, "update will be out soon" or "update goes live next week" everything would be fine
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I feel with all the complaints as to where Devs post information in the forums they should add a dev tracker option to the forums.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This is why EA/CG chooses not to always be as transparent as possible. If something goes wrong on their end, there aren't riots as a result. If they had just said, "update will be out soon" or "update goes live next week" everything would be fine

^^Agreed!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Truckin wrote: »
    Sorry,
    No. I don't feel they deserve a break. It's a business...period...out to make money.....so why should there be a break provided? Communication (Along with many other things) is paramount for players and this situation is no exception. No....no break.

Do you feel that someone giving a waitress/waiter heck because their food isn't coming out when it's supposed to is right?

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    self entitlement, unlimited self entitlement

Haha, preached in Darth Sidious voice of course.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Please?

The problem is that this is the official forum. This is the place that should have the updates and statuses put out. Not twitter, not Reddit or any other platform. It takes just as long to tweet as it does to post here. I don't tweet, so I don't get those updates, I come here for info about the game.
  • Options
    Seriously?

Please?

They need more coffee... Can we get them some coffee? It always helps...
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

fine if you are free to play. why would you expect anything.

As far as I myself go, I have invested plenty, to the point that I know I've paid more then enough to pay a devs salary for a few months. So sorry if it seems rude if me to expect to be well informed .

Because I DO.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry,

Do you feel that someone giving a waitress/waiter heck because their food isn't coming out when it's supposed to is right?

Do you feel that the waiter/waitress should let the customer know if the food is coming out late? Should the waiter/waitress given an estimation of when the food might come out, or admit it if he/she has no idea?

A business is seen as a whole, not the sum of its parts. If you dine at restaurant that has impeccable service, but horrendous food, would you return?
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry,

Do you feel that the waiter/waitress should let the customer know if the food is coming out late? Should the waiter/waitress given an estimation of when the food might come out, or admit it if he/she has no idea?

A business is seen as a whole, not the sum of its parts. If you dine at restaurant that has impeccable service, but horrendous food, would you return?
    Well said
This discussion has been closed.