Phoenix Squadron (Rebels) upcoming events!

Replies

• Options
    So disappointed... Why always rebels ?
    Before releasing new toons why not upgrade the ones we all have but that are useless ? Ewoks ? Nightsisters ? Tuskens ? Droids ?

I understand you want to keep Jedi luke and R2d2 for a special event, but why no 5th ewok for god sake !!
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I would love to see Thrawn , but, as Disney has already thrown out the entire EU & now claims the silly carttoon is canon, I doubt we'll ever be seeing him.
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    XiliX wrote: »
    Personally, I would love to see Thrawn , but, as Disney has already thrown out the entire EU & now claims the silly carttoon is canon, I doubt we'll ever be seeing him.

Based on the wording of the "special event in April" which you'll need these characters to participate, I foresee Thrawn in the very near future.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

Then its great that thrawn is brought back to life in this so called silly cartoon you call it..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn is in that silly cartoon. Along with grown up Ashoka probably the only good thing about adding the characters here.
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Thrawn is in that silly cartoon. Along with grown up Ashoka probably the only good thing about adding the characters here.

I'm surprised they included him. Clone Wars was great, but I honestly couldn't get through the 1st season of Rebels.
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options

I'm surprised they included him. Clone Wars was great, but I honestly couldn't get through the 1st season of Rebels.

For season 1 and 2 watch only the episodes with vader and ahsoka in them if CW fan. Skip rex reintroduction, it's silly and zeb is infuriating, and jusg know they found rex cause he knows were the old CW bases are. Watch second part of season two finale to avoid helicopter lightsabers. Season three, at least the last few episodes with Thrawn and sabine have been really good and now it actually seems a little more better than the empire monster of the week episodes they have been doing.

But if it wasn't canon I would never watch except to continue ahsoka and rex's stories.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

For season 1 and 2 watch only the episodes with vader and ahsoka in them if CW fan. Skip rex reintroduction, it's silly and zeb is infuriating, and jusg know they found rex cause he knows were the old CW bases are. Watch second part of season two finale to avoid helicopter lightsabers. Season three, at least the last few episodes with Thrawn and sabine have been really good and now it actually seems a little more better than the empire monster of the week episodes they have been doing.

But if it wasn't canon I would never watch except to continue ahsoka and rex's stories.

Aside form the training episode I found sabines arc a bit dull tbh. The latest episode with thrawn was reallly well done. The other episode I disliked was iron squadron, but overall season three is much better in quality over the first two.
  • Options
    Kallus will kill Thrawn. We won't get Thrawn. Sorry.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »

Aside form the training episode I found sabines arc a bit dull tbh. The latest episode with thrawn was reallly well done. The other episode I disliked was iron squadron, but overall season three is much better in quality over the first two.

Ya iron squad was a real letdown. It's really insane the quality of animation, stories, and charactersation are so bad when compared with CW. And ezra and kaanan vs vader and surviving was just silly beyond belief.
  • Options
    I couldn't be more excited.

New characters from current content are being released. It helps that Rebels has become such an amazing show (I loved it from the beginning, in spite of its rough start, mostly because it felt more like the Star Wars stories I grew up with).

As much as I love KOTOR, I'm happy to see that we are getting content based on new material. If you aren't happy with it, it is only going to get worse for you. There is a lot of new material coming out (young Han and Lando and the new female droid and whoever Woody is playing, for starters). Obviously we need Jedi Luke, but we really don't need to buff characters who were in a brief story line in Clone Wars before adding new material. Yet, they will eventually get buffed.

I think the devs are doing a great job balancing the release of new content with buffs to the old content.

Rebels is more popular than you may think. It is canon even if you don't like it (I am willing to make that concession for crap like Jar Jar and Grievous and midichlorians, perhaps others can accept that helicopter lightsabers are canon too, as...silly as they may seem to you).

The fact is, most of the people who are complaining are going to farm this stuff anyhow.

Regarding the rebels faction, there are more viable factions than one now, the meta isn't a single team but rather (as it is in most games) how a handful of newly released characters interact with established others. There are exciting new combinations. Once you get past the Wedge/Biggs/Lando bump early on, there really is a lot more diversity through the Arena in older shards and in the top 50.

I am very excited for these new characters.
  • Options
    I am fed up with this new format for dropping characters! It's a ripoff if you wanna max a toon, why can't we get new toons in the shipments or cantina nodes??? Seriously I have played this game since the beginning and the same crap is still in the gw store, cantina store and arena store! Why can't we get some new stuff that's farmable???? So sick of the insane cash grab
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Lol people trashing Rebels haven't even watched the show, let alone season 2 or 3. Rebels is the current animated series and it only makes sense to have them in the game. Sure Ezra is whiny and Kanan is meh, but I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars.

I thrash the show and watched every episode

So stop watching
  • Options
    I imagine we will see Thrawn in game when his book is released. The Thrawn trilogy was by far my favorite Star Wars book series and it still makes me sad they are no longer cannon. I have yet to see any of the Rebels season 3 and I hope they are doing that character justice in the tv show.
  • Options
    I imagine we will see Thrawn in game when his book is released. The Thrawn trilogy was by far my favorite Star Wars book series and it still makes me sad they are no longer cannon. I have yet to see any of the Rebels season 3 and I hope they are doing that character justice in the tv show.

His character is still in-tact. They didn't actually change too much about him. In the new book a lot is going to be explained about his exile. I'm assuming they will tie him in to Snoke, being from outside of the galaxy.

The most recent episode is a great example of how they kept his genius (and fighting ability) in-tact.

• Lasertoast
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Not that it matters since people that only watch the show wouldn't know, but officially the creators of Rebels have said the Inquisitor's lightsabers have Grav-Lift technology allowing them to fly... The Saber blade isn't actually pushing air to lift them, the blades just happen to spin.

Is it just a cop out excuse for a bad idea? Yeah probably. But there you go, nowhere in canon can a lightsaber act as a helicopter, unless it has grav lift technology built in.

People come up with such **** excuses to how things work in Star Wars and can't accept an explanation for this? Give me a break.

• Options
    I know that they have to make money somehow but releasing 4 characters in a month where most people are only going to be able to 3 or 4 star them (making them virtually useless) really seems kinda pointless to me.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

You couldn't get through the first season of Rebels but you got through the first two seasons of Clone Wars just fine? The first two seasons of CW were NOT that good. They picked it up great in Season 3 until the end though. Same for Rebels. First season was barely watchable, but season 2 picked it up and season 3 is even better than that.

I would recommend going back and fighting through the short first season of Rebels.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Great. More light side ships.
  • Options
    Lasertoast wrote: »
    People come up with such **** excuses to how things work in Star Wars and can't accept an explanation for this? Give me a break.

Me: "Greatest duel in Star Wars history."

Dude With Rebels Problems: "Yeah, but look at that stupid thing that happened before that."

Me: "Yeah, I can see not liking that. Look at this other cool thing that happens later."

DWRP: "But stupid thing!"

Me: "Look at all these other cool things!"

DWRP: "But stupid thing is stupid!"

Me: "Okay, don't watch it"

DWRP: "Everybody hates it because I don't like it and it is stupid because of helicopter light sabers."

Ok, your loss.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

You couldn't get through the first season of Rebels but you got through the first two seasons of Clone Wars just fine? The first two seasons of CW were NOT that good. They picked it up great in Season 3 until the end though. Same for Rebels. First season was barely watchable, but season 2 picked it up and season 3 is even better than that.

I would recommend going back and fighting through the short first season of Rebels.

I agree completely. Clone Wars was just as bad (actually more unwatchable for me) in its first couple of seasons than Rebels.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I am fed up with this new format for dropping characters! It's a ripoff if you wanna max a toon, why can't we get new toons in the shipments or cantina nodes??? Seriously I have played this game since the beginning and the same **** is still in the gw store, cantina store and arena store! Why can't we get some new stuff that's farmable???? So sick of the insane cash grab

They do have to make money? Paying an insane amount of money for 3 months exclusivity is not a bad deal for FTP. What I think is really bad is the gear bottleneck that is a bit eased with the QoL but still really present.
  • Options
    We don't need any more rebels. Show some other factions some love too.

Like many said before, they probably have synergy with phoenix team mostly, they can fit in a rebels team but I think they will be more independant.

This. They may as well not even be rebels. They're pretty much only going to work with Phoenix Squadron. Look at Chopper... he's terrible on his own, he's only balanced assuming he gets 4-5 more unique abilities piled on top of him.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol people trashing Rebels haven't even watched the show, let alone season 2 or 3. Rebels is the current animated series and it only makes sense to have them in the game. Sure Ezra is whiny and Kanan is meh, but I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars.

You ironically underscored the problem - that is, there are many Star Wars fans that refuse to watch the show..or that can't...or that simply don't. That is exactly part of my concern with this new content - it's target audience (Star Wars fans who watch the show, like it, play this game and are willing to pay for in-game content) is WAY too small.

Yes, we better focus on a 15 year old game instead!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

So stop watching

But then people will belittle him when he speaks poorly of the show as one of "those" people who trashes the show even though he doesn't even watch. lol

Honestly, the other concern is that they are seeming to speed up the character release process. There are still bugs on character that are months old (Teebo still, technically isn't working right yet) - and the Bug Bin lists at least 4-5 long time characters that are still not WAI. My concern is this:

More content at a faster pace = more bugs (and less time for the dev. to bug fix as they are focused on cranking out new content faster.)

This just sounds like a recipe for bug soup.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

So stop watching

But then people will belittle him when he speaks poorly of the show as one of "those" people who trashes the show even though he doesn't even watch. lol

Honestly, the other concern is that they are seeming to speed up the character release process. There are still bugs on character that are months old (Teebo still, technically isn't working right yet) - and the Bug Bin lists at least 4-5 long time characters that are still not WAI. My concern is this:

More content at a faster pace = more bugs (and less time for the dev. to bug fix as they are focused on cranking out new content faster.)

This just sounds like a recipe for bug soup.

No kidding. Need to spend a month or 2 just fixing all the bugs.
    the majority of the new character have come out affected by some sort of bug. Hell Chopper already has one.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Well all this complaining about more rebels, yet the last group of rebels (R1) I was not able to get any of the main characters, I only have Pathfinder and Bistan (who had 2 seconds on screen time). I have more dark side from R1 than I have rebels from R1.

I'm glad these events will let us unlock them like they did with the R1 empire and the latest sith.

I'm glad for new stuff and am looking forward to seeing/ playing the new events and UNLOCKING new heroes!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Not that it matters since people that only watch the show wouldn't know, but officially the creators of Rebels have said the Inquisitor's lightsabers have Grav-Lift technology allowing them to fly... The Saber blade isn't actually pushing air to lift them, the blades just happen to spin.

Is it just a cop out excuse for a bad idea? Yeah probably. But there you go, nowhere in canon can a lightsaber act as a helicopter, unless it has grav lift technology built in.

Haha in my mind I created an antigravity device (ya technically impossible but you know what I mean) that is in the hilt and powered by the crystal. Dumb yes, but it allowed me to contiune watching the episode without hating it lol. Still doesn't excuse it or the skinny sabers. And yes yes, they were originally like that but who cares it looks silly.
  • Options
    Supposedly Maul will have synergy with Phoenix Squadron.

There's something for you all to think about.
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Supposedly Maul will have synergy with Phoenix Squadron.

There's something for you all to think about.

Where did you hear that?
    He should definitely have some synergy with Ezra. Maybe reduce his TM to give himself a buff.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

"Check out these new light sabers with Grav-Lift technology!! Order yours now by dialing the number on the screen! If you call right now, we'll even include this handy light-knife vegetable chopper. All this - including the patented Grav-Lift lightsaber! - for only 99,999 credits! But order soon - these will be gone in just a few parsecs - they're literally flying off the shelves!!!"

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*