FULL Phoenix Squadron Abilities(Comments and questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Come join our family
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    wow, on paper they look to be incredibly strong...
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, skip these characters because in April they will release a whole new set of characters that are stronger than March's... It's really bad design/logic.

I'll wait till they release the OP dark side toons from this show on March 15th.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    JojoGalaxy wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing. After a little more research, found this:

Cantankerous Clanker
    Starts: March 9th
    Ends: April 7th
    Min Level required: 20
    Main Rewards:
    First Time Completion, Tier 1: None
    Repeat Play: Chopper shard x1
    First Time Completion, Tier 2: Ability materials
    Repeat Play: 1000 Credits
    First Time Completion, Tier 3: 1 Omega Material
    Repeat Play: 1000 Credits

I was hoping for more shards on T2&T3... after seeing the above, they may as well not even have T2&T3. By the time you get to T3, the event will be over, or just about, anyways. In any case, I'm not hard up for omegas, and don't care enough to do the math to see how many you can possibly get.

One.

It says right in the description you get one for first time completion, 1000 credits on repeat.

Wait, so no shards after unlocking T2?

One omega. And yes, no extra shards if you unlock, as it says. But you will still get the shard from t1
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately i don't have 2k dollars (guessing low) to build up that team... I'll farm Kanan and Ezra though (when he shows up).
  • Options
    Wow talk about broken op. Can't wait for 1-1000 arena to all be running Phoenix squads. Pathetic.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    These toons are so OP that I can see them soloing tank raid on max gear in auto from P1 to P4 it's not even funny
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I usually say don't judge until the toons are released but this is ridiculous I'm questioning that the devs literally know no nothing about balance but whatever.

Obviously they take one step forward with updates and 3 steps back
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to know if the uniques persist after death or if I take out 1 Phoenix member, do they all lose that unique?
  • Options
    I'm gonna love it in 6 months!
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Why doesn't Sabine have a bounty hunter tag? She's a mandalorian, who fought to free Mandalore from sith influence, who worked as a BOUNTY HUNTER for years.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Kivoku wrote: »
    Why doesn't Sabine have a bounty hunter tag? She's a mandalorian, who fought to free Mandalore from sith influence, who worked as a BOUNTY HUNTER for years.

Same reason Asajj doesn't have the sith tag nor the bounty hunter tag.
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So with addition of Pheonix Squadron we have some toons crossing borders. We have jedi with rebel tags (where toons like Old ben don't), and droids with rebel tags now. Just wondering why Sabine doesn't have a BH tag on her.

She is a mandalorian, born on Mandalore, who worked as a Bounty Hunter after being exiled by the empire. She then returned to free Mandalore from sith influence.

She even fights like the other BHs, with multiattacks, increased crit chance/dmg.

Kinda adds up, but I guess rebels take precedence...
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Because she wasn't
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I just want to know if the uniques persist after death or if I take out 1 Phoenix member, do they all lose that unique?

It sounds like they lose it. But don't worry, they revive
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    Options
    @Supercat
    Kivoku wrote: »
    who worked as a Bounty Hunter

See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabine_Wren
  • Options
    So which Phoenix squad member would people prefer to leave since theres 6 of them?
  • Options

Yes when you kill one it's unique goes away for the rest of the crew. So it's not like wiggs who still effects Biggs after wedge dies. @Nebulous
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

It sounds like they lose it. But don't worry, they revive
    Sounds like we need to ability block the **** out of Hera.
  • Options
    Am i the only one who doesnt understand anything about this phoenix rebels? I dont know who they are.. I dont know how they work. I cant understand theyr described synergy (at least i dont get it) .. I cant understand why do they gain each possible buff out there .. They seem like .. A bit of everything.. Which doesnt makes them op in any direction.. Rly.. What do they offer to me, that i could think of using them.. Where are the easy abilitys like... 'deals physical dmg to target enemy' .. To me its way to complex to understand whats the deal with them.. My english must be really bad tho
  • Options
    i personally think adding a kid like ezra to the game ruins the concept of the game. ezra should never be able to take down real jedi or sith. he is a child who isnt even trained by a real jedi master (kanaan is no jedi if we are being authentic to the force) but that doesnt seem to matter by looking at his stats it seems authenticity of star wars doesnt matter to developers.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    i personally think adding a kid like ezra to the game ruins the concept of the game. ezra should never be able to take down real jedi or sith. he is a child who isnt even trained by a real jedi master (kanaan is no jedi if we are being authentic to the force) but that doesnt seem to matter by looking at his stats it seems authenticity of star wars doesnt matter to developers.

> Ewoks
    > Ugnaught
    > Jawa

None of these should even be anywhere near close to being able to fight someone like a Clone trooper let alone a Jedi or a sith. Ezra would probably beat a single clone trooper in a fight, so theres that.
  • Options
    The team looks impressive, but I think Zader and Zaul teams will eat them for lunch... no good taunt (just a normal one that requires use of a special) and heavy reliance on specials. Ability block and DN cooldown increase will keep them from shining. Buff immunity and shock will also neuter them for the most part.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The team looks impressive, but I think Zader and Zaul teams will eat them for lunch... no good taunt (just a normal one that requires use of a special) and heavy reliance on specials. Ability block and DN cooldown increase will keep them from shining. Buff immunity and shock will also neuter them for the most part.

We have no idea how fast Sabine, Zeb and Ezra are though. If Sabine and Zeb are fast that could be problematic. They do lack a nice cleanse though which is good, otherwise they'd be excessively good.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Lore < Playability << Money
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

> Ewoks
    > Ugnaught
    > Jawa

None of these should even be anywhere near close to being able to fight someone like a Clone trooper let alone a Jedi or a sith. Ezra would probably beat a single clone trooper in a fight, so theres that.
    Could you imagine a game balanced like that. With the huge disparity in power across the series once palpatine is added he would be uncontested (going by legend standards). It would definitely limit character freedom and usefulness. I'm glad they are not restricted by lore.
  • Options
    Because like many char their tags represent them at a specific time. she was never a rebel and bounty hunter at the same time so would not make sense to give her both tags.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, the complexity creep is almost as insane as the power creep. The main deal is that Hera gives all Phoenix characters each other's uniques, which is like 5 leader skills in one. Also, they are from a kids' cartoon at least half of the people here despise.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Yeah, the complexity creep is almost as insane as the power creep. The main deal is that Hera gives all Phoenix characters each other's uniques, which is like 5 leader skills in one. Also, they are from a kids' cartoon at least half of the people here despise.

I remember back when skill descriptions only took up 1 line...
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

How will zader teams eat them? For every debuffs they just heal way more back.
This discussion has been closed.