Rey is totally busted.

Replies

• Options
    You are all for keeping Poe's turn meter reduction, thus giving your team a huge advantage by letting 2-3 of your heroes attack before anyone else, certainly making it a 5 vs 4 or 5 vs 3 after the first turn (because you farmed for Poe and have him), yet one instance of Rey smoking your team you call for nerf (because you don't have her). She is fine. At least she is RNG based...instead of taunt = win.
  • Options
    Foresight % chance on basic attack is only 40% at max so you were just very unlucky...
  • Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »
    You are all for keeping Poe's turn meter reduction, thus giving your team a huge advantage by letting 2-3 of your heroes attack before anyone else, certainly making it a 5 vs 4 or 5 vs 3 after the first turn (because you farmed for Poe and have him), yet one instance of Rey smoking your team you call for nerf (because you don't have her). She is fine. At least she is RNG based...instead of taunt = win.

That was the first thing I thought too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    You got really unlucky. She is enough of a problem that I target her first, but not enough that I freak out when I see her on another team.
  • Options
    Wouldn't this type of thread either be better in the bugs section or privately sent to support so staff can be the ones to be notified rather than a public forum where game staff are known not to even post on (or check?) for days/weeks. Plus the whole matter of arguments (not the proper definition with regards to debating, but 'fights') and petty ridiculing between people with opposing viewpoints. The "Poe matter" should be a lesson to learn from hopefully.
  • Options
    No one even comes close to her in damage. You can't make it near the top of arena or raid without her. Doesn't matter how much money you spend, if you don't get this 1 character you are limited in your ingame achievements. Even with a deep roster you just can't compete against team after team in Galactic Chore when they all have a Rey that will 1 shot anyone not fully shielded. If the devs can take the time to nerf Fives, why is anyone who farmed a random crummy new school character given autowin like that? It's the most glaring laughable imbalance in a game that's getting more laughable as time passes.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    5's want nerfed he was fixed

And nerf you.
  • Verodio
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I thought this was a joke thread at first. She goes down quick and easy. If you leave her alone you deserve what happens next. Also, she's nor on very many of the top teams. Start using her and you'll see her weaknesses.
  • Options
    Shut the front door
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You should put this under Character Feedback. They're closing nerf threads is this Discussion forum. Plus, it's kinda like spam at this point.

Oh, and Rey is not an instawin. She does go down hard if you focus quickly.
  • Options
    Another loser noob trying his best to make the game give him free wins
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee

Can you close down this nerf thread?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rey is fine how she is.
    She hits like a brick when setup correctly BUT
    A) She has low health and defence/armour
    B.)She is very vunerble to debuffs- which also lower her attack power
    C) Her flurry attack (The one that does all the damage) is treated as a single attack so it can entirely miss
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I have never used Rey in arena and get rank #1 or #2 everyday. I didn't even want her until raids but even then I still placed top 10 without her.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options

This reeks of "I'm farming/using her, don't nerf me bro".

When everyone uses her, it's time for a nerf.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    She's not required to win.... she's fine.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »

This reeks of "I'm farming/using her, don't nerf me bro".

When everyone uses her, it's time for a nerf.

I don't use her, and I'm part of everybody. I say leave her alone. And close this thread.
  • Options
    Close this thread please, im tired of seeing all these nerf threads, so annoying and waste of space
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    She does crazy damage and super fast, she'll gain foresight easily too. Yeah focus fire and she'll die, but you can focus fire anyone and they'll die, so what are your guys point? They need to balance a lot of characters but they wont do it, why? Who knows the devs are absolute ****. They pull in that big bucks since most people will buy the chromiums for her specifically. Idk why yall keep saying shes fine, when shes really not lol
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ban all Toon Nerf's Period, just Wreaks the game a little more, Every time it's been done in the past. yes History usually repeats...!

Creates Negative Culture & long term effects for the players that have persisted on ranking them up.

We need Positive Solutions.!!

A Much Better Idea would be balance 2 or 3 other toons to counter act a toon with better Defence/Attack abilities.

Which EA_Jesse has done by asked for player feedback on Buffing toons in this weeks Friday Update.
    Post edited by PardeyGirL on
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Options
    Frommer wrote: »
    @BentWookiee

Can you close down this nerf thread?

No everyone had the right to give feedback when they are having a difficult time beating a toon. :)

• Options
    Ok.. heads up.. you might not agree with the sentiment of the OP.. I will remind you that personal attacks are not a great idea.. neither is language that is filtered.

• Options
    I have no problems killing Rey before she ever had a chance to get a shot off the vast majority of the time.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Its change from Dook the noob killer to Rey the noob killer

Whaaaa I this person beat me/I cant beat this person so it must be their fault not my own whaaaa
  • Options
    Stun Rey... Rey dies. What's the problem
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Rey's the epitome of the glass cannon archetype. She does what she does, and does it very well. She's great on offense (go figure), but the AI handles her very poorly. So if you know how to handle her, you'll do fine. Her high damage comes at the cost of:
    --Low HP
    --No leader ability
    --Low Tenacity and a loses up to 23% of her damage when debuffed.

No need for a rebalance. The reason you see her so often is that she does the most damage, reduce that damage and you're going to have to reduce those drawbacks to compensate and you'll wind up in the same place you started.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We Need more like Rey High DPS Toons for Guild a Battles too....!
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    The should just make her a jedi. Then she will have to be terrible.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well there is definitely a problem with Rey!!!! In arena my Rey that's 7star, gear 9 and attack abilities maxed, 7, 7 maxed is being killed in one hit by Rey with power of 7190 maxed in abilities, assuming her gear is 11!!!! is definitely screwed up ..... Thank to EA with fing everyone over on gear because you can't fined MT5 callers.... it is impossible beat Maro