GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    That team of lvl70's ur showing is weak. Very basic and easy to beat. Perhaps if you were a few lvl's higher pal.
    There is always tomorrow tho!!!!

I don't agree with this. It is highly dependent upon how often Phasma's assist ability procs, and there are days when it seems 70-90%
  • Options
    Lately I can't complete any GWs. I'm facing opponents 10 lvl above me less than halfway through, all VII+. How are opponents chosen for GW ?
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not even a hard L70 team. Throw everything at sid then take them one at a time with a 2-3 healers to refresh your squad. If it had a poe and daka doing dodgy revives I'd be worried.
  • Options
    It sucks but even completely F2P players have hit L70.

Good news is I'd imagine the L80 cap is some time away so you have plenty of time to reach the top level. There is a ceiling to abilities, gear and level it's about 27500 squad power or so. I haven't seen anyone higher than that.
  • Options
    Node 6, five 7* 70s... If your goal is to get people to quit EA, then you are are on the track. Your coders are absolutely devoid of intelligence. This is what happens when you outsource to India...
  • Options
    Nope. GW is still broken and EA is still striving to superior ineptitude...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i don't see an issue. i was up against teams 8-10 levels above me and haven't lost yet. still using the same 5 farmable characters...2 of which aren't even 7*. why do people give up just looking at a team they're up against? that's something i don't understand
    mighty chlorians
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I am confused at the issue here. He lost after winning 30 plus times straight? So is annoyed at the lack of challenge? Or annoyed that he focuses on an arena roster and his bench can't handle GW challenges.

I hope GW gets harder.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    i don't see an issue. i was up against teams 8-10 levels above me and haven't lost yet. still using the same 5 farmable characters...2 of which aren't even 7*. why do people give up just looking at a team they're up against? that's something i don't understand

If you have enemy team 10 level higher than you you are pretty below level 60 .we never say level difference is big issue but the gear and star

I am lvl 69 and always lvl 70 enemy ,only one level difference right? Which toons you have had 12000hp? No joke, geo soldier and ig 86 can do it with poggle.
    I think you won't tell me to stun them before they attack you right?

Btw today many of us have hard fight in GW. Be patient guys!!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    from what i've seen most posts complaining about gw, it's always the level that people point out. i've completed 60 gw's. 57 wins in a row. and yes, i do stun them.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

reizse wrote: »

Did you even read all the post? I said i beat the node and next. But had no remaining chracters to do the last two. That node wipe out most my bench.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    fair enough. the second part of my response is null and void, but the first part isn't. i guess if i were in your position, i would start on a full 70 max gear max skill b team.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Normally I would say this is a massive whinger topic, but it's true. GW is not very fun at the moment lol
    Tekken 7
  • Options
    It happened to me around level 50 to 57 as well
  • Options
    What makes me roll my eyes is the sense of entitlement in posts such as these "I've completed it the last 35 times, EA is being unfair to me not letting me do so this time". Take a break kid.

GW is meant to be hard. It is nor supposed to be like Challenges which are there to be completed each day. If you want easy fights, stick to Stage 1 Light and Dark Side battles.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    That team of lvl70's ur showing is weak. Very basic and easy to beat. Perhaps if you were a few lvl's higher pal.
    There is always tomorrow tho!!!!

Easy to beat??? Hes a level 62! Hows he supposed to beat a level 70? Plus how is that a weak team? 7 star sid and lumi is every team, boba and phasma are good, and even though Jawa isnt a star that team would still wreck him

That is a weak team, when you see Kylo/Dooku/Sid together now that's a ****.
    I beat level 70 when I was level 62 in GW on daily basis.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of posts lately about what GW difficulty is linked to or whatever. But i was wondering what characters you guys hate to see after you unlock that chest and check out the next squad. Obviously if the teams fairly low level and not high star, gear its not a big deal but sometimes you get thrown a real tough team. I personnaly hate seeing CT 5555 because I KNOW no matter how much i heal that at the end he'll be there with loads of health countering everything and wrecking me so im screwed for my next battle. Its evem worse when dooku is there. So what about you guys?
  • Options
    I retreat the most on battles against Sid+Dooku+Kylo.
    CT 5's isn't much of a problem, but I have 2 healers so I time it heal right before I take him out and end the round, and the other healer is good to go next right, plus JC's cooldown is quick.
  • Options
    I'm a new lv45 (only been playing 2 weeks) and just trying my 5th galactic war. By battle 9 I'm facing a lv5 player (2xlv58s and rest lv50 and minimum of 4 stars) I'm sorry I don't know how to link screenshots on here

It's pretty much impossible to proceed past this in my opinion. Even if I do get lucky my squad won't be in any state for the next fight. Even my unstoppable kylo ren is getting a severe beating. Looks like I'll only be taking 400 gems from this one

To be honest although I agree I want it to be a challenge I don't think it should be ridiculous/impossible - surely the matching system needs some work

My stats btw 2 finished/3 unfinished
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Princess Leia
    Lando Calrissian
    Poggle the Lesser
    Poe Dameron
    Barriss Offee
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Old Daka
  • Options
    I hate dooku. If I ever have a injured team it seems to be a unwritten rule that my next three enounters will be phasma leads with dooku sid and kylo and take 5 or 6 turns before I can move. But regardless I still clear 9 out of 10 times over the last month. Some days it takes me an hour an a half of finding a squad that can take a team when I have a few injuries on my main team and cant get heals to sync up.
  • Options
    Poggle if enemy team has it most of the time is one shot kill
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Make it to lvl 70 in 2 wks or so and your lvl mismatches will go away

So wait two weeks to be able to clear something i had been doing for the last 35 days straight? That would put me out 70 character shards from GW shipments, numerous ability mats, and the random shard at the end.

Looking forward to your video.
  • Options
    Even at level 70 it doesn't matter. Unless you've spent thousands you're not going to have enough troops to fight through ten plus level 70 fights. GW is broken until they fix it.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is why GW males no sense and is unfair. That was your hardest node at evel 62

This is mine:, and I'm 70 35k3h37.png
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is why one should have suicide squads. Kill or maim at least one enemy and you're on your way. Regular cannon fodder is for absorbing heavy AOEs and/or getting rid of taunts.

In another thread, a guy was asking why are people short of credits/ levelling more toons than necessary for arena. I should link here. For moments like this.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that, yes, I have faced such enemies and have managed to be on a long win streak. And, yes, it's been a grind to set up 2 teams upto a satisfactory level. Some toons like Dooku, 86 and 88,I've farmed specifically for GW. Also JC and maxed Daka's heal. That was a real pain, diverting purple mats from my Arena squad :cry:! Not to mention, never enough credits. Some days I used to stop farming and do the credit key card Challenge. Good for me, I'm 70 now.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Get more toons. Build a deeper bench. I have several teams in GW:

The A team: Barriss, Lumi, QGJ, and then either Leia+ Maul or Fives+Dooku.

Turn manipulation: Phasma, Kylo, FOO, FOTP, Maul.

Droid DPS: IG-88, IG-86, HK-47, Poggle, Poe.

Counter attack: Ima-Gun Di, Fisto, Aayla, old Ben, Ahsoka.

Empire slowplay: Tarkin, Vader, ERG, Snowtrooper, Ventress.

Yes, I have a lot of toons. I'm not saying everybody should have hundreds of heroes and spend thousands on this game. But there are plenty of Free to play people who clear GW often. Get the easily farmable toons first, and try to decide what kind of team they should ideally belong in.

Once you have two teams with decent synergies your chances to finish GW will be much better.
  • Options
    Poe/Poggle isn't a problem in GW, just send out fodder and make then waste their special.

The main ones are Rey, FOTP and Geo. Individually they're not a problem, it's when they're all on the same team.
  • Options
    Myzyri wrote: »
    Even at level 70 it doesn't matter. Unless you've spent thousands you're not going to have enough troops to fight through ten plus level 70 fights. GW is broken until they fix it.

Only if you have reached 70 focusing only on your arena squad. I'm 70 and it's been a whole lot easier since I crossed 60. It was quite difficult in the 50s and I compensated for the difficulty by working on extra toons specifically for GW. Maybe that's why it's become easier.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Umm, so OP states that "Galactic War is broken" because of a tough matchup.

Then proceeds to state that he/she has successfully cleared GW every day the last few weeks.
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    [They edited away Obi-Wan! :O - Nonemo]
    Post edited by Nonemo on