Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Sthenos wrote: »
    When is this upgrade going live?? Do we know??

yeah, lots of the things like packs say "available 5/23". its the afternoon of 5/23 for me and i don't see anything?

They'll be unlocked with the update, which is due today or tomorrow. Don't worry, you'll be able to be disappointed by your 5 shard packs soon enough ;)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Wit some others... we didn't need a ship overhaul and 3v3... we wanted more ships and more to do with them.

I have enough to do, I don't really need quests - but extra rewards are always wanted, so *shrugs*

Don't care about titles, I'm glad some do, I assume titles will often come with quests (above) and rewards, but, again, *shrug*

Starter guilds and general helping new players rise up - doesn't do anythign for me - but I totally get health of the game so, *more shrugs*

Chat, we use dischord, like many. You still can't post screen shots in the game chat and it's not as persistent as dischord. Also, requests showing up is annoying, I see the work around, but c'mon.

Raid changes and tapping in is a great change - not quite as great as simming GW - but I'm 100% on board! Note, it's also the only change that we ASKED for... *shrugs... back to self*

giphy.gif

Like, I'm not against this update, really, but I feel the big giant update is a lot of stuff no one asked for.

There's 15 pages of STR complaints, many (most?) of those representative of 50 person guilds who want immediate changes in the raid...

giphy.gif

TL:DR; Less of the stuff no one asked for, more of the stuff we are asking for.

We want more ships because most of the current ones suck. So they are completely redoing all the ships and their abilities. How are those not new ships?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    They also need new colors.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I hate the 3 ships at start thing. Bad idea. Ugh
  • Yankee
    28 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Zevox wrote: »
    Curious: in the past, when we've had double drops, it's included Galactic War, but in these notes that is not listed among the things that will have double drops. Is that an oversight with the notes, or a deliberate change?
    Double drops will only be available on following:
    • Light Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Dark Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges

Now GW is included in the OP. What's up?
  • Options
    I hate the 3 ships at start thing.

You've played it?

• Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Usually it goes live closer to 4 pdt or 7 est. I'd guess if it's gonna happen today, we've still got 2-4 hours to wait. Most likely it gets bumped to tomorrow imo.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Usually it goes live closer to 4 pdt or 7 est. I'd guess if it's gonna happen today, we've still got 2-4 hours to wait. Most likely it gets bumped to tomorrow imo.
    Thanks, i was about to ask that.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Yankee wrote: »
    Curious: in the past, when we've had double drops, it's included Galactic War, but in these notes that is not listed among the things that will have double drops. Is that an oversight with the notes, or a deliberate change?
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges

Sweet!
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Yankee wrote: »
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges

Excelent! :D
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges
    So, deliberate change, then. Good to know, at least.

After your feedback, we went back and looked at why we didn't include Galactic War and it was just an oversight on our part. So good news everybody? The upcoming double drops will also include Galactic War!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges

After your feedback, we went back and looked at why we didn't include Galactic War and it was just an oversight on our part. So good news everybody? The upcoming double drops will also include Galactic War!

Solid. Thank you!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb are double drops 25th-27th inclusive? So Friday Saturday and Sunday. Ending Monday reset (1am). Thanks.
    The event will start at the beginning of the day on 25th of May and run 72 hours.

To put in the human terms: If are in line on Thursday for the midnight showing of the Solo movie, you will need to wait for the start of the movie to get your double drops. You could then watch Solo 30.21 times while getting sweet sweet double drops

like that will happen
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges

Wow awesome!! Thanks for letting us know today too, so we can know to save tomorrows GW. Really appreciate it!
  • UdalCuain
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    See this bit:

"Tagging Raid/No Damage Period: Officers can specify a period of time (1 to 24 hours) that players can tag the Raid but are not allowed to do damage. Tagging is done by tapping a “Join” button which will auto post 0 damage and qualify the player for rewards".

When you say not allowed to do damage, with the game actively prevent entry/a score above zero being posted or will it just be a banner/warning message?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    "that players can tag the Raid but are not allowed to do damage"

Seems very obvious to me that players won't be able to attack during the specified time.
  • UdalCuain
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »

Seems very obvious to me that players won't be able to attack during the specified time.

No need to be a ****. We can prohibit engagement in certain areas in TW and TB, but people still manage to attack those areas. They just get a warning, not actively stopped.
  • UdalCuain
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Also, thanks very much for the in-game pop-up stating the expected time of the update. Very useful to some people for planning around payouts etc, even if they have to Google the current PST time. Small thing but nice work.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    And nothing but server maintenance messages
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    iroppqh11wrq.jpg

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat There's a payout lost.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »

No need to be a ****. We can prohibit engagement in certain areas in TW and TB, but people still manage to attack those areas. They just get a warning, not actively stopped.

Wrong. You can't prohibit damage in TW and TB, you can only leave messages about it that people can choose to follow or to ignore.
    If that were the case in the current update then they would have said so, instead the text says "not allowed to do damage".

So next time before calling someone a **** pay better attention to what you are reading.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Also, thanks very much for the in-game pop-up stating the expected time of the update. Very useful to some people for planning around payouts etc, even if they have to Google the current PST time. Small thing but nice work.

I liked this post, but now I can't get into the game to do my arena battles lol.
  • Options
    yeah going to lose my payouts too
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Not a very good start (unless I missed an announcement about server maintenance)...
    unknown.png
    This happens after winning the 1st Quest (Rebel tutorial with Leia and Old Ben).

Update: it happened to a guild mate after the ships tutorial.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Revi wrote: »
    Fantastic update, easily the best update of the year, can not wait to get into ships!
    Honest question (not trolling here) - what specifically is so amazing? I wanted to like this update - and to this point, all it looks like to me is that the UI has had a few minor tweaks. For a non-officer who is in a guild who doesn't use the in-game chat anyway, there are basically no important functional changes. And the few aesthetic changes are, at best, a wash (and that presumes you actually like certain things grouped together the way the devs have decided they will be moving forward).

The ability to sim GW was much more time-saving then auto-posting a zero in a raid - which is the closest thing to "like" for me in this update.

Get ready for a long sentence with lots of, commas. ;)

As an officer who is in a guild that uses Discord but doesn't demand it from all members, and as the designated attack dog of the officer group, for me, the ability to PM someone to tell them to stop putting D in the wrong TW territory, and the ability to PM someone to tell them to sit out the next raid for hitting the current one early, is one of the best QoL things I've seen in this game, ever, and the raid controls, despite needing some more improvements, such as longer than 24 hour lockout, or ability to launch on specific day of week, is awesome too.

Beyond that, ship arena is going to be shaken up, both due to format, and buff/nerf of the meta/non meta ships, and despite the fact that I get first most every day, I'm still excited about this. It's not really any fun fighting the same exact ships all the time, so it will be interesting to see who I'm facing after the dust settles on this.

And double drops.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Okay, so, if I may summarize:

Paragraph one is a plus for guild officers.

Paragraph two is primarily based on the hope that "Ships 2.0 must be better than current ships because it'll be different...for a while"

And double drops - which would have happened because of May 25th anyway, so isn't technically part of the "update".

Cool - I didn't miss anything then. As a non-officer in a guild that uses Discord (and it is required) who likes the current ship arena, this update is fairly meh for me. Congrats to guild officers and those who need to use the in-game chat then, I guess.

Samesies. The update isn't a huge deal. Glad they are doing it overall, but would much rather have a reworked GG and have the JTR event run again than this.
  • Catarra
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Nice job on borking the whole game, fellas. *sigh*
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Not a very good start (unless I missed an announcement about server maintenance)...
    unknown.png
    This happens after winning the 1st Quest (Rebel tutorial with Leia and Old Ben).

Samsies - happens after I try to do any of the new content.
  • Options
    Why is everything causing a game crash now? Server Maintenance - Restart constantly
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    unknown.png

I get that screen, haven't gotten it since 6:30 EST when it forced a client restart.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have now managed to do Tier I of the whole of the Rebels Basic training without the Restart pop-up.
    edited