Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb are double drops 25th-27th inclusive? So Friday Saturday and Sunday. Ending Monday reset (1am). Thanks.
    The event will start at the beginning of the day on 25th of May and run 72 hours.

To put in the human terms: If are in line on Thursday for the midnight showing of the Solo movie, you will need to wait for the start of the movie to get your double drops. You could then watch Solo 30.21 times while getting sweet sweet double drops
  • Options
    Is there any way to move the position of characters and ships now with the update?
  • Jayne
    12 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb are double drops 25th-27th inclusive? So Friday Saturday and Sunday. Ending Monday reset (1am). Thanks.
    The event will start at the beginning of the day on 25th of May and run 72 hours.

To put in the human terms: If are in line on Thursday for the midnight showing of the Solo movie, you will need to wait for the start of the movie to get your double drops. You could then watch Solo 30.21 times while getting sweet sweet double drops

Well said! I need to buy Solo tickets x 30 back to back showings
  • Options
    Jayne wrote: »

Well said! I need to buy Solo tickets x 30 back to back showings

Or wait for it to hit Netflix.
  • Options
    Def look into removing gear requests from chats. I’d much rather have a crystal advertisement there
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sion and Marr are farmable now? Client restart soon?
  • Options
    Please change the zeta display to be similar to how Stars is displayed for a character. The current zeta badge is just awful, icon too large and too imposing on the character portraits. I applause the intention to give player easier access to information, but the execution is just not good.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    I doesn't bother me and some of my guildmates actually prefer that way to remind them of donating. :D

Nice to see Visas and Sion becoming free to play but i would have liked if they used some of the cantina nodes instead (there are a few without characters). Usually i take about 2 months to farm there while double that on hard nodes.

Same. Nobody in my guild has complained and I actually find it more convenient.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb very nice update, it made me very happy except two things:
    Please, please, please,please give us the ability to turn the donations in chat on/off and the ability to turn off sort by height. One makes the chat interface almost unusable and the other makes many squads look terrible and causes many misclicks due to muscle memory/force of habit!!!
  • Options

We haven’t met yet, SB Crumb, but I like you.
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I have a question. The bug giving people the incorrect damage amount has been around since the beginning, why would a fix cause you to delay the new rewards? I don't see the correlation. Literally the most important thing in the raid are the shards and they have been incorrectly distributed since the beginning. Frankly the rationale behind this delay very difficult to understand.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    Zevox wrote: »
    Curious: in the past, when we've had double drops, it's included Galactic War, but in these notes that is not listed among the things that will have double drops. Is that an oversight with the notes, or a deliberate change?
    Double drops will only be available on following:
    • Light Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Dark Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges
    So, deliberate change, then. Good to know, at least.

@Zevox not a “deliberate change,” because not every double drop event is the same. This time, it does not include GW.
  • Options
    The new update is terrible loading......? Why is there no mod management a guild arena for practice for tw or tb. Why are you not implementing these fun factors to the game. Chat and a few different icons for energy omg what a joke. No wonder other games are more appealing.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    This looks great! Up next: General Greivous rework...??
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    Options
    Why does every new character have to be locked to one hard node =[ There's already so many to farm that way.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Why does every new character have to be locked to one hard node =[ There's already so many to farm that way.

$$$
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The update is actually pretty good dude, I like it better than the supposed QoL we had earlier this year. I agree that those features you mentioned are much needed and I hope in time we'll get them (this year) but we certainly can't trash this update
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    @Zevox not a “deliberate change,” because not every double drop event is the same. This time, it does not include GW.
    Every widespread double drop event (as opposed to the few narrowly targeted ones that applied only to specific nodes) to date has been the same, including all tables, mod challenges, and galactic war. This time around, they're choosing to exclude galactic war. That is both a change from past events and a deliberate choice on their part.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The update is actually pretty good dude, I like it better than the supposed QoL we had earlier this year. I agree that those features you mentioned are much needed and I hope in time we'll get them (this year) but we certainly can't trash this update

Dude, all they did was pretty much move some information around. The "auto 0 for raids" thing is nice - but other than that, so far it's just a few minor UI changes (and, quite frankly, ones I don't find particularly helpful or aesthetic). I've heard that some of the new features for guild officers are nice. That's fine. But so far, I have been thoroughly unimpressed with this "update".

In all honesty, if it weren't for the 25th stuff, this is probably the most over-hyped, underwhelming update to date. And I've played for 2.5 years.

And yes - I know that Ships 2.0 is on the way. That scares me more than excites me. And they postponed the ships PvE table and dropped the TM fix. So yeah, if Ships 2.0 looks anything like the original launch of mods, or the more recent STRaid Rewards "fix", or the way they "fixed" the Resistance mythic event to make more "lore sense"...well, let's just say I'm considering opening up a temporary pitch fork and torches shop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Well, that's extremely disappointing. It also gives us a little insight into the "soon" continuum as seen by CG. This thread originally said they would be ready "very soon"...so apparently, "very soon" = 4-6 weeks. Thus, soon means 2+ months. If you're reading this (or pretty much anything I've posted today) use an Eeyore voice. That's how I feel about this update at this point.

635856343808345944-772533339_8837b2e4a68bdd250c4c0a5dd2bfbbeb.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    What about being able to SIM the Bronzium packs now that they have added SIM tickets to the dailys. I have well over 12k SIM tickets but still can not SIM the Bronzium packs come on people.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.
    @CG_SBCrumb my 2 cents are to keep it simple and to more or less do what the update originally said.
    When a toon hits 100% TM put them in a queue. If no one else is at 100% TM then the toon goes in slot 1. If there is already a toon at 100% TM then put them in slot 2 (or whatever the next available slot is). If multiple toons hit 100% TM at the same time, then the toon with the highest previous TM goes in the first available slot, the next highest in the next slot, etc. Only if multiple toons reach 100% TM at the same time and also had the exact same previous TM percentage do you use RNG to decide in which order they get added to the TM queue. Once all the toons are added just have toons take their turns in their queue order - e.g. on a first in first out basis. Except...
    For TM swapping abilities like Thrawn's GM Command you can't just add the swapped toon to the queue. Thrawn is in slot 1 when he uses the ability, so the swapped toon should be added to the queue so that they are in slot 1 and take their turn next. If the swapped toon had less than 100% TM then Thrawn gets whatever that percentage of TM is. If the swapped toon had 100% TM, then Thrawn just takes their spot in the queue. So if the swapped toon was in slot 3, then it moves to slot 1 for the next turn and Thrawn goes to slot 3.
    Maybe this is what was already being worked on. And it doesn't fix the problem that arena success can be (is?) dependent on speed mods, which are all based on RNG to begin with. But at least the battle itself has less RNG and you can see your opponent's speed mods before going in.

And last but not least PLEASE give us the ability to turn off guild donations in chat. The whole point of chat is to allow people to talk to each other and the donations spam makes that difficult. It breaks up conversations and clutters up the screen. Plus if you have an active chat people might miss donation requests in the chat, but then won't bother checking the guild screen for donations any more. If you want to call more attention to donation requests there must be a better way of doing that then blowing up your chat feature.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Will the Raid joining system allow day old accounts to join in heroic raids? lol

Edit: Wait what? We still have to wait for ship pve tables ;-;
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    FYI there is a secret way to remove the donation requests from guildchat.

Donate the requested gear, once fulfilled it disappears :)
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate.

All so dull and predictable.

Changes have been made. They'll be forgotten in a month.

No big deal. And if they're genuinely that painful to you then please, make a decision.
  • Options
    So if you were In a Dead guild and Wanted to leave and Join a Starter guild how would you do that?
  • Options
    Will that mean that Kylo’s command ship will be taken off the node or just First Order Stormtrooper?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    They only mentioned fost. So presumably command shuttle will be a steady supply of shard shop currency while you farm Sion.
  • Options
    Does that mean you can not choose what guilde you are in?
    If I am in a 70M Guild and a friend of mine just starts playing - can we play and enjoy the game together or is he forced to be in a guild that the game has choosen for him?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic update, easily the best update of the year, can not wait to get into ships!

Unsure why TB was postponed but otherwise amazing.