[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    [
    Cg seems to always release news without the right amount of info for it.

Lol defined by you?

Remember when GCs were released? It wasn't that long ago. They did some "end of the beta" post and that was it. No announcement if what we then got was the real deal or anything. Total radio silence.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?

At this point, none. There is no fleet element in place.

That is somewhat disappointing to me personally. Is there a chance they could be added in later like they were for GAC? I feel like fleets have been totally abandoned. Are there any plans for fleets in any future game mode?

Yes both GCs and conquests, from my understanding, have the capability to be expanded to ships in the future.

Yeah, they did mention GC can include ships months ago, when they introduced GCs i believe

I forgot all about it, and seeing how GCs are, I don't think fleets will be well received by the playerbase

Fleets without a "mod type system" is also a bit "lame" for the PvE front. I mean they can only make it so difficult due it basically being a pilot "gear check".

I absolutely love ships, and I can't wait to get more ship based content, but it just doesnt seem like a focus at the moment.

That's really sad. Given the way ships have been treated I kind of wonder why they ever bothered putting them in-game at all at times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?

That is somewhat disappointing to me personally. Is there a chance they could be added in later like they were for GAC? I feel like fleets have been totally abandoned. Are there any plans for fleets in any future game mode?

Yes both GCs and conquests, from my understanding, have the capability to be expanded to ships in the future.

Yeah, they did mention GC can include ships months ago, when they introduced GCs i believe

I forgot all about it, and seeing how GCs are, I don't think fleets will be well received by the playerbase

Fleets without a "mod type system" is also a bit "lame" for the PvE front. I mean they can only make it so difficult due it basically being a pilot "gear check".

I absolutely love ships, and I can't wait to get more ship based content, but it just doesnt seem like a focus at the moment.

That's really sad. Given the way ships have been treated I kind of wonder why they ever bothered putting them in-game at all at times.

They have their place, and I enjoy what we have, but yes it feels like a short road to no where. Hopefully things will pick up again, but who knows.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »

They have their place, and I enjoy what we have, but yes it feels like a shirt road to no where. Hopefully things will pick up again, but who knows.

Yup I agree with you, space battles where such a big thing for me when I watched star wars, just watching the opening scene where you see the rebel ship flying in, I was like oh my God that is the coolest thing I have ever seen and then the massive star destroy shows up right behinded and it was breathtaking. When they added ships to the game, I was hoping it would be a huge thing but so far it has just been a 400 crystal income boost. Really need some new things for ships
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They have their place, and I enjoy what we have, but yes it feels like a shirt road to no where. Hopefully things will pick up again, but who knows.

Yup I agree with you, space battles where such a big thing for me when I watched star wars, just watching the opening scene where you see the rebel ship flying in, I was like oh my God that is the coolest thing I have ever seen and then the massive star destroy shows up right behinded and it was breathtaking. When they added ships to the game, I was hoping it would be a huge thing but so far it has just been a 400 crystal income boost. Really need some new things for ships

Yeah, that is why I really hope for some sort of ship raid, just to try and give us a taste of that.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    This is very exciting and may be a good enough reason to stick around some more, which is the point I guess ^^

The no-fleet thing is understandable, as some players don't like this aspect of the game; On top of that, focusing development on ground only may allow this game mode to hit the tables sooner.
    However, it may be as it was with GAC and fleet could be implement later on. Maybe an optional pathway of sor so that players who don't like fleet could move around and still complete the Conquest.

For each aspect of the game, there are people who don't like it. Does it mean that everything should be left to rot? Oh wait, that explains so much! (j/k)
    There are no ships even in GC, and that one has been around for a while, so I have my doubts about them being added. It almost looks like ships are considered a failure but too big to outright remove.

First off, I like ships big time. True, I'm getting bored with fleet battles lately, because Arena is stale and there is nothing else to do with ships, except 2 battles every 2 days in GAC. So I'll gladly join with the "let's put space zones in conquest" acapella band.

Still, I give CG some slack because it's an 'add-on' to the game, almost an optional component; it's Galaxy of Heroes, after all. GAC gives me hope that it won't be that way forever, and that we'll see ships in PvE: assault battle fleet tier, raid, GC, Conquest. But it needs a lot of work from the team and if they use this time to develop a new game mode instead, hopefully a fun one that a whole lot of players would enjoy, I won't blame them.
    There may be a basic economic reason: if ships don't make people spend (which I don't know), why wasting time developing this instead of new game modes to keep players engage and new cool characters to keep their wallets open ? (this is not a rant. I don't except CG to work pro bono).

I still hope the ships will become a more integrate part of the game someday, but it may be a long shot.
  • Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?

I reached out to design and they said fleets won't be in Conquest at launch. Can't say for sure if they'll be added later on, but it seems like it could be a possibility in the future.
  • Doja, will the rewards be on scale with TB? Or will they be mediocre like GC? I’m not asking for direct spoilers, just for a feel on how worth time this game will be for end game players.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    This is very exciting and may be a good enough reason to stick around some more, which is the point I guess ^^

The no-fleet thing is understandable, as some players don't like this aspect of the game; On top of that, focusing development on ground only may allow this game mode to hit the tables sooner.
    However, it may be as it was with GAC and fleet could be implement later on. Maybe an optional pathway of sor so that players who don't like fleet could move around and still complete the Conquest.

For each aspect of the game, there are people who don't like it. Does it mean that everything should be left to rot? Oh wait, that explains so much! (j/k)
    There are no ships even in GC, and that one has been around for a while, so I have my doubts about them being added. It almost looks like ships are considered a failure but too big to outright remove.

First off, I like ships big time. True, I'm getting bored with fleet battles lately, because Arena is stale and there is nothing else to do with ships, except 2 battles every 2 days in GAC. So I'll gladly join with the "let's put space zones in conquest" acapella band.

Still, I give CG some slack because it's an 'add-on' to the game, almost an optional component; it's Galaxy of Heroes, after all. GAC gives me hope that it won't be that way forever, and that we'll see ships in PvE: assault battle fleet tier, raid, GC, Conquest. But it needs a lot of work from the team and if they use this time to develop a new game mode instead, hopefully a fun one that a whole lot of players would enjoy, I won't blame them.
    There may be a basic economic reason: if ships don't make people spend (which I don't know), why wasting time developing this instead of new game modes to keep players engage and new cool characters to keep their wallets open ? (this is not a rant. I don't except CG to work pro bono).

I still hope the ships will become a more integrate part of the game someday, but it may be a long shot.

On a personal note, I too like ships and would love to see some more utility for them in the future.
  • If it's fun, it will be worth the time :)

The GC rewards arent actually bad, many of them I'm completing in a quick session.
    I think the absence of a new Raid, and its accompanying prizebox, really soured GC for many people, it did for me at first. GC wasn't what I wanted after a long drought, but I've come around.
  • If it's fun, it will be worth the time :)

The GC rewards arent actually bad, many of them I'm completing in a quick session.
    I think the absence of a new Raid, and its accompanying prizebox, really soured GC for many people, it did for me at first. GC wasn't what I wanted after a long drought, but I've come around.

All we need is a death star raid
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    [
    Cg seems to always release news without the right amount of info for it.

Lol defined by you?

It would appear to be more than just me considering i was replying to kyno replying to someone that is basing an opinion on missing information.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    In the interest of giving feedback

Ive read this post a few times now and thought about it some more.... and ive come to the following:

Where is the rest of the Road Ahead? One thing? Thats all? This reads like a State of the Galaxy for me. Shouldnt this be about Quarter 1 and what you are going to deliver.

We got mando tag and the Armorer... and maybe this by march end.... what else?

Its hard to feel the ocean of content that was promised when all im seeing is 1 new thing you guys are working on in your biggest post for this quarter.

Sadly, im not even seeing a lot of specifics on it to get really pumped about it.

Its really hard to get excited about it when i already see something i dislike (stamina) and i lack information to offset that dislike.

You say you are getting good feedback, but we get nothing visual to see? Not even a pic of a data disc? You can just stamp the pic with work in progress and tell us subject to change.... but why not show off some of the game mode you are getting feedback on?

I want to get excited for something here but you make it so hard and im not sure why
  • Amen brother! Would be nice to know what era of content is up next
  • But this is the way! Lol
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Its hard to feel the ocean of content that was promised when all im seeing is 1 new thing you guys are working on in your biggest post for this quarter.

You’re mistaken. Oceans and endless wells are what we got last year. They’ve promised no such thing this year although I’m hoping for a more practical promise this time around — perhaps building an infinite hotel or chopping up a pea and reassembling it into a sun.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »

You’re mistaken. Oceans and endless wells are what we got last year. They’ve promised no such thing this year although I’m hoping for a more practical promise this time around — perhaps building an infinite hotel or chopping up a pea and reassembling it into a sun.

Was about to say that, ocean of content was last year
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

Lol im still waiting on the ocean to roll in from last year. Must be a lunar tidal thing, but it never appeared last year.

Figured id spot them a year... like giving them a do over
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Lol im still waiting on the ocean to roll in from last year. Must be a lunar tidal thing, but it never appeared last year.

Figured id spot them a year... like giving them a do over

Yeah global warming happened and the ocean dried up, so don't get ur hopes up
  • when you guys are developing this game mode please don’t make it anything like MSF raids, that game mode is so boring to play. assuming conquest is something similar.
  • Like others here I’m surprised they’ve let the fleet meta / fleet arenas rot without releasing anything for the ppl that want to keep an advantage in fleets. What a waste. It started off so strong and used to actually mean something. It wasn’t sold to us as just an “add on” originally. Now all veterans have finished all the farms and we all have the same fleets.

Hope this game mode is fun guys, we need it badly
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    On a personal note, I too like ships and would love to see some more utility for them in the future.

Please ask them to consider giving those of us that enjoy fleets something new PVE-wise. A new Fleet Resource Event for signal data, Mythic versions of Chimera/HMF, or even 1-2 Fleet Assault Battles.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

Please ask them to consider giving those of us that enjoy fleets something new PVE-wise. A new Fleet Resource Event for signal data, Mythic versions of Chimera/HMF, or even 1-2 Fleet Assault Battles.

Or at least let us build fleet squads. Id like that
  • The road ahead seems very bumpy...
  • Moff_Mymeds
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I would love some feedback from CG on Fleets

Perhaps they intend to release a bunch of ships in a big surge at some point? I mean anything released piecemeal I have resources stockpiled to aquire without any $pending. I imagine many veteran players are in the same boat.

My wishlist for Fleets is a High Republic Jedi Fleet vs The Nihil :)

Love the, High Republic, there is so much SWGOH could do with it. (Yes, ewww books, me want redundant tv shows about Clone Wars...)

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ships has become a topic of discussion in the Road Ahead MEGA, due to the fact that ships are excluded (for now) from the Conquest game mode.

With only two ships and two capital ships released in all of last year (both cap ships in Feb, Rebel Y-wing in May, and Imperial TIE Bomber in June), ships not in the newest game mode and not in any Galactic Challenges, it seems like ships have been forgotten about.

Can we get an update as to the future of ships? I anticipate a couple more ships coming in soon, perhaps the Razor Crest, a new republic X-wing, maybe a new Slave-1, which is great and all, but will there be any other place on the holo tables where ships can be used?

I understand that some people do not like ships, but there is people that do enjoy them and would like to see them be a little more useful than they are now.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ships has become a topic of discussion in the Road Ahead MEGA, due to the fact that ships are excluded (for now) from the Conquest game mode.

With only two ships and two capital ships released in all of last year (both cap ships in Feb, Rebel Y-wing in May, and Imperial TIE Bomber in June), ships not in the newest game mode and not in any Galactic Challenges, it seems like ships have been forgotten about.

Can we get an update as to the future of ships? I anticipate a couple more ships coming in soon, perhaps the Razor Crest, a new republic X-wing, maybe a new Slave-1, which is great and all, but will there be any other place on the holo tables where ships can be used?

I understand that some people do not like ships, but there is people that do enjoy them and would like to see them be a little more useful than they are now.

Yup, I have every single ship maxed out -some pilots, was the first person in my guild to get both Mal and nego 7 starred, but man there is nothing to do, best time is TW where I get to use all of my fleets and enjoy it. Right now I can't use my chimera, executrix, home one, endurance, finalizer, or the raddus(don't even like this one tbh) it's either malevolence or negotiator at the moment, rest are just eating dust until TW comes around.
    Not to mention that we are still missing 3 major capital ships, sith empire, bounty hunters aka underworld aka zann consortium, and old republic capital ship.

Please CG ships need some love too, skip a galactic legend and give us more ships and a game mode just for ships
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    The road ahead seems very bumpy...

Pretty empty. Seems like 1 truck and thats it
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Fourms: We need more to do!
    CG: Here's an entire new game mode on the way
    Forums: That's it???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Fourms: We need more to do!
    CG: Here's an entire new game mode on the way
    Forums: That's it???

I have been playing for 5 years...I just found out this game has ships!! If it wasn’t for this thread I would have missed it.