February release notes

Replies

• Ztyle wrote: »
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Haha omg EA, are you kidding?
    The new "codecard" events now cost less (rank 1 = 20 energy/ rank 2= 24 energy), but you earn much less too?
    Old credit battle rank 2: 50 energy - 110k credits
    New credit battle rank 2: 24 energry - 25k credits

So that's half the amount you earn than before. ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

Look again, and you will see thats if you get the 3x multiplier, the base is only 8,4 K

Yeah, I gotta say this is pretty bad. What a waste. Didn't mind spending crystals for energy if it's worth it. This isn't.

I can see why they have done it however as those stupid mining data cards give you less than half of what you could get with the old mining event. So rather than increasing the value of them, they decrease the value of this.
  • If the old mining events weren't being used all that frequently the new ones are gonna be used less.
    The reason that people weren't using them wasn't because they costed 50 energy and you only had an hour it was mainly because they didn't provide xp to lvl up and the exchange wasn't great compared to using that energy to get gear and shards.

They cost 1/2 less but they give 1/10 of the reward they used to give. In fact the old model with the new bonus energy would have been better, you could accumulate 105 energy get 45 bonus and do the event three times that is 250k credits if you use the same amount of energy you do the events 6 times and less be generous and say that you get an average of x2 reward across that's 16.8k per try and 101K. That's not very good, sure you can now spend a full day getting credits or training droids but players want to work on those shards and materials. All this without taking into account spending crystals to fill energy which worked with the old 1hr a day model. Also the lower tier should give xp, no player is gonna stop getting the extra xp when they are not max level.
    I was excited for this change but this not an improvement, in fact can we have the old events back please? :'(
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Battle Targeting
    • Targets will no longer swap between character turns when using manual Battle.

Doesn't work.
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

Yup, my target auto switched during a mission right just before the, latest client.
  • JC cool down on heal went to 4 instead of 3
  • Rey one shots everything @4 stars??? This is so JJ Abrams
  • EddieDeanNY23
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

It doesn't for me as well but everything else is ok. Good job guys.

I have an issue though regarding the in game economics.

First, there is a 60€ jedi pack available at the moment. (make sense with Yoda event)
    I just don't get why selling this kind of packs at this price. I mean 60€ is a week of food for me.
    On the other hand, I could have paid 5€ for a 2* toon or 10€ for a 4*.
    Even if it's a less good bargain (for me), it's an easier way to contribute a bit to the game instead of staying f2p.
    If you keep going with expensive packs, you can be sure I will never spend any money in the game.

Second, I find the exchange rate of the shard shop very unfair. (10 for 1)

And last point, the shard conversion rate of a toon you already have when opening a pack is ridiculous (7 shards for a toon you already have...)

I see the point. You make a game to get money. It's normal and of course I agree with that. But the way you show it transpires greed.

Take a look at hearthstone. They make a lot of money and you can start buying packs for 2.69€.
    Of course there are more expensive packs but you can contribute even if you have a small wallet. Conversion rate of cards you already have or don't want is tough but makes more sense (4 for 1)

I really think you're doing a great job on the game and its mechanics but if you don't manage to set fairer ingame economics, i don't see a long term bright future for SWGOH.

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

First, there is a 60€ jedi pack available at the moment. (make sense with Yoda event)
    I just don't get why selling this kind of packs at this price. I mean 60€ is a week of food for me.
    Even if it's a less good bargain (for me), it's an easier way to contribute a bit to the game instead of staying f2p.
    If you keep going with expensive packs, you can be sure I will never spend any money in the game.

And last point, the shard conversion rate of a toon you already have when opening a pack is ridiculous (7 shards for a toon you already have...)

I see the point. You make a game to get money. It's normal and of course I agree with that. But the way you show it transpires greed.

Take a look at hearthstone. They make a lot of money and you can start buying packs for 2.69€.
    Of course there are more expensive packs but you can contribute even if you have a small wallet. Conversion rate of cards you already have or don't want is tough but makes more sense (4 for 1)

I really think you're doing a great job on the game and its mechanics but if you don't manage to set fairer ingame economics, i don't see a long term bright future for SWGOH.

You are so right!!!! The prices are overwhelming and not justified at all.
  • pcastaneda wrote: »
    If the old mining events weren't being used all that frequently the new ones are gonna be used less.
    The reason that people weren't using them wasn't because they costed 50 energy and you only had an hour it was mainly because they didn't provide xp to lvl up and the exchange wasn't great compared to using that energy to get gear and shards.

They cost 1/2 less but they give 1/10 of the reward they used to give. In fact the old model with the new bonus energy would have been better, you could accumulate 105 energy get 45 bonus and do the event three times that is 250k credits if you use the same amount of energy you do the events 6 times and less be generous and say that you get an average of x2 reward across that's 16.8k per try and 101K. That's not very good, sure you can now spend a full day getting credits or training droids but players want to work on those shards and materials. All this without taking into account spending crystals to fill energy which worked with the old 1hr a day model. Also the lower tier should give xp, no player is gonna stop getting the extra xp when they are not max level.
    I was excited for this change but this not an improvement, in fact can we have the old events back please? :'(

Agreed. I got used to the increased difficulty on GW (haven't finished it in a couple of weeks now). And I don't really care about paid chars becoming free. But this new profit mining is a joke.

You need to change the description because it certainly isn't 'piles' of credits! And why even bother having the lame battle for it. You may as well just make it the equivalent of a slot machine. It is simply a random exchange of energy for credits.
  • EA at it's best...
  • While I don't agree on the expensive cost of items (almost all ultimately), many people do so it's justified because it's making good money. Until "everyone" protests the prices and not purchase anything, the price range will probably continue.

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.
    Yep - in fact, it's worse. It also jumps around on AUTO now. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    am i the only one get Freezes (LAG) after the patch. Pls help or fix this
    ps:also re-downloaded game Android LgG4Beat = Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 1 GHz Cortex-A53 & 1.5 GB RAM
  • Game is better because of this patch, thank you.
  • Possible that there's a bug on shard shop? My DS is 7* and the shop is still locked.

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

Second that.. And from what i see its even worst, even on auto play my target switches randomly.. This is what i experienced, not sure about others though.. :(
  • medetec wrote: »
    rjowen27 wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    rjowen27 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a weird thing with the new update where lots of my characters heal themselves on attack in proportion to the damage they do. It's happening with Luminara, Jedi Consular, Kylo Ren, and Darth Sidious. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Is it a bug?

The health steal stat was enabled this patch.

I don't see it in the stat list - is there any way to see who has it, who doesn't, and to what extent?

Sort of, its at the very end of this max stats list on cantina http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

You may need to dasable a few stats from view to see it at the end.

Heres the top characters with over 15%

Asajj Ventress 45%
    Ahsoka Tano 30%
    Greedo 25%
    Captain Phasma 25%
    Darth Maul 20%

Theres a ton with 5-10% feel free to look em up.

Thanks for sharing :)

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

Fully agreed with you. I'm one of those players who spend money if a game really catch me in but I can't afford to spend 60€ on 2 characters and 1300 crystals...
  • Raven wrote: »

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

Second that.. And from what i see its even worst, even on auto play my target switches randomly.. This is what i experienced, not sure about others though.. :(

Exactly the same for me. Randomly switch targets.
  • Raven wrote: »

Battle Targeting

Doesn't work.

Yep - the update actually made this problem worse. It was at least working in Auto before - not it doesn't work at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Regarding the targeting change, if you are on auto battle yes, your characters will bounce around on who they target. However if you are on auto battle you can tap on an enemy character and your characters will stay on that target until it's defeated, unless of course an enemy character taunts. If you are on auto battle you'll notice that the targeting icon doesn't show at all unless you tap on an enemy character.

For manual battle, the target should never change unless an enemy character taunts.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • RamzaBeoulve
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Regarding the targeting change, if you are on auto battle yes, your characters will bounce around on who they target. However if you are on auto battle you can tap on an enemy character and your characters will stay on that target until it's defeated, unless of course an enemy character taunts. If you are on auto battle you'll notice that the targeting icon doesn't show at all unless you tap on an enemy character.

For manual battle, the target should never change unless an enemy character taunts.

Yes but the solution is to have each character target the last targeted enemy as a default
    And have a random auto target as the first attack then each subsequent attack targets that enemy until the enemy is defeated which then the target dissapears and you random auto target another enemy. All the while being able to target any enemy at any time manually. Also you should be able to choose how your auto target targets an enemy such as: highest hp, highest physical dmg, lowest armor, lowest shard level, lowest speed, if they're a tank, support, Jedi, sith, droid
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Regarding the targeting change, if you are on auto battle yes, your characters will bounce around on who they target.

Why would they intentionally change this? That makes no sense. Now, setting a battle (challenge or lower level one) on auto means you have to still sit and make sure targets are chosen intelligently if the battle is even close. At least before this actually had some point as youcould set it to auto and have a reasonable chance, as the targets would stay targeted until defeated.

So it seems that the AI has been intentionally changed - now programmed to play intelligently against the player, but poorly and randomly for the player when on Auto.

Wow.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Regarding the targeting change, if you are on auto battle yes, your characters will bounce around on who they target.

Why would they intentionally change this? That makes no sense. Now, setting a battle (challenge or lower level one) on auto means you have to still sit and make sure targets are chosen intelligently if the battle is even close. At least before this actually had some point as youcould set it to auto and have a reasonable chance, as the targets would stay targeted until defeated.

So it seems that the AI has been intentionally changed - now programmed to play intelligently against the player, but poorly and randomly for the player when on Auto.

Wow.

There's no reason to get mad this app is still in development
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Wow.

There's no reason to get mad this app is still in development

Lol - yep we're all beta testers. Awesome.

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Regarding the targeting change, if you are on auto battle yes, your characters will bounce around on who they target. However if you are on auto battle you can tap on an enemy character and your characters will stay on that target until it's defeated, unless of course an enemy character taunts. If you are on auto battle you'll notice that the targeting icon doesn't show at all unless you tap on an enemy character.

@EA_Jesse ,
    If I open up a challenge, manually select an opponent, and click auto, my first character will more often than not attack someone other than I targeted.

This is intended behavior, because I did not select a target while auto was running?

You realize CG had turned auto into a game of whack-a-mole that now needs to be babysat? There's not much that's "auto" about that.

And that because targets can only be selected while auto is running, there's almost always at least one attack after an opponent character dies that will be targeted at someone the player does not chose. Previously, when an opponent character was about to die, I could stop auto, choose my next target, and restart auto having my team focus that character. This has been destroyed for an alternative that gives the player sitting in front of the screen less control. But opponent AI doesn't have the same problem, it knows to focus people now.

What was the developers' intention behind this change?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member

Jesse, that's not actually happening. Especially on wave three of the main challenge battles. (Vader, Fett, Bane). It just keeps bouncing the target even if you click on one.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • @EA_Jesse
    Another targeting issue is AOEs and dispels.

I'll have selected a target and my team will be focusing it down. Then an enemy gets a buff (not taunt) and Asajj tries to dispel it. To do this she has to switch to the buffed enemy hero.

When there is an AOE the target is automatically switched to the left most enemy on the screen. If that AOE doesn't kill them then they will continue to focus down that almost full health hero.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »

Jesse, that's not actually happening. Especially on wave three of the main challenge battles. (Vader, Fett, Bane). It just keeps bouncing the target even if you click on one.
    Ok, I see what the issue is now. You have to click *once* on your target. Any further clicking disables the targeting reticle and your auto team will go all unhinged again. When you target only one though it seems to actually stick. This is a change from the old method, and why we're having trouble with it.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.