Mod pack improvements missed the mark

Replies

• Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    OMG......the amount of money people spend on this game is RIDICULOUS. i'd honestly be embarrassed to tell people i spent that much on a free mobile game.

i can see an occasional $20-$50 here and there but there isn't anything worth $400.

It depends on how much you earn or how much disposable income you have. Money is relative.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/

If that's you, you're not even a guppy let alone a whale/kraken.

That is me. Regularly top 10 in PvP (with droids no less, if you think that a f2p could still pull that off in my shard full of whales, I'll scoff at you), regularly #1 in ships, regularly #2 in my guild raids. I've ONLY been playing since December 10th, and am in a guild that doesn't run heroics, and only recently switched to running 6 stars regularly. I am totally a Kraken/Whale. Don't want to get too much into specifics, but once you've spent thousands of dollars on a game in a few months... Yeah, that makes you AT LEAST a whale.

If it was a matter of pride, I'd be claiming I was f2p, not the reverse.

I started this game because several of my rl friends play it, and I saw how the game play reminded me of magic. I reached a point where I could leave my friends guild or spend money to progress as I wished. I chose to spend money.

I have been playing for 4 months and have a 7 star ewok scout that I barely ran any hard modes for. I have 15 7 star characters, a handful in t10, 1 in t11, and many in t9. As I said, I don't run heroics, I'm not in a top raiding guild. I'm in a guild that will take down its own heroics eventually and screw other people's progression curves.

My money spent is apparent in my profile if you have all the facts.

But it's easy to try to make judgement calls without all the relevant facts, so I'll forgive you your ignorant comment.

@Woodroward this is called a GUPPY, and I bet I spent more than you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/usd/collection/

And to be clear, I am a old shard player but only started playing seriously from OCTOBER.

I'm not about to get into an E-Peen contest over my bill on this game. I am embarrassed about it actually. A guppy is not someone who has spent thousands of dollars in 4 months. Now please stop trolling me, and go bother someone who you can actually prove wrong.
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    OMG......the amount of money people spend on this game is RIDICULOUS. i'd honestly be embarrassed to tell people i spent that much on a free mobile game.

i can see an occasional $20-$50 here and there but there isn't anything worth $400.

I'm guessing you're young and still think your perspective is the only perspective. As you get older, even if you don't have money you realize others do. Everybody has their own thing they spend money on.

Edit: typo
  • Options
    It was a huge shame that the value of these packs was so far lower than simply buying mods from the shop. I bought about 30 packs to test them out and was very disappointed. If they had been better value than the shop I would have spent a LOT more money.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

That is me. Regularly top 10 in PvP (with droids no less, if you think that a f2p could still pull that off in my shard full of whales, I'll scoff at you), regularly #1 in ships, regularly #2 in my guild raids. I've ONLY been playing since December 10th, and am in a guild that doesn't run heroics, and only recently switched to running 6 stars regularly. I am totally a Kraken/Whale. Don't want to get too much into specifics, but once you've spent thousands of dollars on a game in a few months... Yeah, that makes you AT LEAST a whale.

I started this game because several of my rl friends play it, and I saw how the game play reminded me of magic. I reached a point where I could leave my friends guild or spend money to progress as I wished. I chose to spend money.

I have been playing for 4 months and have a 7 star ewok scout that I barely ran any hard modes for. I have 15 7 star characters, a handful in t10, 1 in t11, and many in t9. As I said, I don't run heroics, I'm not in a top raiding guild. I'm in a guild that will take down its own heroics eventually and screw other people's progression curves.

But it's easy to try to make judgement calls without all the relevant facts, so I'll forgive you your ignorant comment.

And to be clear, I am a old shard player but only started playing seriously from OCTOBER.

I'm not about to get into an E-Peen contest over my bill on this game. I am embarrassed about it actually. A guppy is not someone who has spent thousands of dollars in 4 months. Now please stop trolling me, and go bother someone who you can actually prove wrong.

To be had, it doesn't look like you have spent any money on mods, gear, or high priced heroes at all- that is what's blowing everyone's mind.

Hell, I like to supersize my Mcdonald's and proclaim myself a billionaire and food critic. I guess it's just a matter of perspective, and each to their own.

Good luck hope you got some good mods if you're buying mod packs.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »

To be had, it doesn't look like you have spent any money on mods, gear, or high priced heroes at all- that is what's blowing everyone's mind.

Hell, I like to supersize my Mcdonald's and proclaim myself a billionaire and food critic. I guess it's just a matter of perspective, and each to their own.

Good luck hope you got some good mods if you're buying mod packs.

I didn't want to buy any of the characters that cost $400 to level, so I didn't. I don't think there's a good return on investment on them. I don't want the flavor of the month, that's not why I joined. I bought clones and droid packs, I bought ewok and jawa packs, I've bought loads of gear from shipments and galactic gear packs, I've bought tons of ships. I've bought tons of credits and building materials and training droids. The sheer number of geared and leveled characters I have alone should show how much I have spent on this game. But that's probably not apparent to someone who has been playing this game for quite some time.

• Options
    You make poor life choices if you spent $400 on those packs
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

If you've spent thousands of dollars, you've done it completely wrong.

I refuse to believe that you have. 4 months in, if you're a whale/kraken you'd have way more than 15 easily farmable 7bstar characters. Your roster is a huge mess and if you have spent thousands of dollars, I feel sorry for you. You have almost 0 exclusive "whale" characters and the ones you do have are low level/gear which tells me.. you unlocked them through the events and left them. This is not whale, let alone kraken, behavior.

Also.. Your comment about droids being top 10 in PvP with droids is completely feasible on a young shard like yours so.. that proves nothing.

It's okay to say you've spent, but it's laughable that you call yourself a whale/kraken.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    I still miss the days before mods existed.
    This

Mylion wrote: »
    I appreciate you split the packs into their type, but increasing the price and lowering the quality is really sad. 400$ worth of mods not one worth using. And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them. Get rid of 3 dot mods all together and increase the quality of the mods. I really cant believe the "cash grab" mentality is so strong with you guys. Its embarassing when at the end of the day there is nothing to this game. Lastly. All mods should drop with a speed secondary no matter what. All other mods are useless. <end rant>. Guys im really starting to get irritated and you need to provide value for the money we invest. I am really at my limit here

I find it funny; "I can't believe the cash grab" but you are spending $400 on a known cash grab.
    Clearly it works.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    Options
    All I know, is I was seconds from spending $50, and have changed my mind after reading the comments. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of players like me who were gonna pull the trigger, but aren't now. I went from excitement, to slight annoyance in about 2 minutes. Pretty lame devs, pretty lame!
  • Options
    vazelos81 wrote: »
    I didn't buy any mod packs when they were around in the past. After seeing all the posts about how great they were, I was eagerly awaiting the day they came back so I could get some. After reading the multiple threads about reduced quality I've decided to save my cash though. I am really disappointed. \sigh

Me too. I was waiting the time i could get a mod pack since i never bought one in the past but i was dissapointed after seeing these messages.

+1
    I was going to buy a few until I saw the poor hits.
    EA, there has to be value for customers, or you just come off looking tacky and money grubbing...
    Whales/krakens need to have advantage...

I agree, I'm not a big spender but I should get an advantage over those who don't spend and at the same time be at a disadvantage against those who spend more than me.

They don't release cosmetic things to buy to change how things look so anything bought should help get you ahead of those who spend less.

The current releases are hurting the light spenders. Whales keep on whaling and f2p are happy because they know they are not losing out by not buying anything.

Those who spend should have an advantage over those who don't, but the only advantage they should have should be one that equates to time. Spending money should save you time, but not get you things that other people can't get.

That's the only way to maintain the chance to compete for f2p players in a freemium game. If what is available for money isn't set in some sort of ratio of time to acquire vs money spent, then the game always ends up dying. I know, I've been playing freemium games for over 20 years.

And I am a whale/kraken in this game.

+1000000
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I refuse to believe that you have. 4 months in, if you're a whale/kraken you'd have way more than 15 easily farmable 7bstar characters. Your roster is a huge mess and if you have spent thousands of dollars, I feel sorry for you. You have almost 0 exclusive "whale" characters and the ones you do have are low level/gear which tells me.. you unlocked them through the events and left them. This is not whale, let alone kraken, behavior.

Also.. Your comment about droids being top 10 in PvP with droids is completely feasible on a young shard like yours so.. that proves nothing.

It's okay to say you've spent, but it's laughable that you call yourself a whale/kraken.

You obviously have no freaking clue how to look at a yong account.

I spent my money wrong? HAHAHAH! That's right, being top 10 in every competitive bracket there is, is not a good use of money. Step off troll.

I PURPOSEFULLY have no "exclusive" Whale characters. I spent my money on characters that will help me farm, period. SCREW BUYING the tactical advantage toons. That's a cop out. I want to win with MY COMBO's, not be a follower troll.

Also you may remember me saying that it should be time=money in this game. EXCLUSIVE characters violate that rule. I wouldn't buy them out of principle anyway. I don't farm hard mode only characters, yet I have a 7 star ewok scout and clone sergeant, and you're going to say all of my 7 stars are easy to farm? I'll have been playing for 4 months on monday... Those are NOT easy farms.

You sir are a troll.

I spent my money how I wish. Droids absolutely COULD NOT be top 10 in my shard without having spent money. Every single leveled character on my roster is a purposeful choice. I am a combo master, I leveled the pieces to my combos.

Keep your stupid, ignorant comments to yourself, you troll. Make judgement calls about things you are qualified to make judgement call about in the future.

Do not respond to me again. Keep my name out of your mouth. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Go troll under a bridge somewhere.

What's laughable is your insistence that you personally can judge a young whale by looking at their account, because all you've proven is that you can't.

Here: I'll throw you one bone to keep you from making statements that show off your ignorance in the future:

THIS is a guppy account that started around the same time as me that used to be in my guild: https://swgoh.gg/u/xodium/collection/

Don't judge any more young accounts until you can tell the difference, and see the thousands spent.

Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is my last comment on this side topic.

What determines whether or not someone is a whale is how much money they have spent on the game, not how they've spent their money in game.

For example: If someone has all the Phoenix characters 7 starred right now, are they a whale?

On my shard they would be. On a shard from game start there's no way to tell. They could have been saving up crystals for a while. So you could have non-whales with 7 star Phoenix right now on an older shard.

So does that mean that anyone without the Phoenix 7 starred on my shard isn't a whale?

Of course not, just like having a 7 star Baze, Chirrut, Sith Assassin, Nihilus, or any other exclusive character isn't necessary to have spent a lot of money. Nor are they necessary to have spent your money wisely (quite the opposite in fact). I could have farmed those exclusive characters and be excelling in one area of the game. Instead I farmed and geared a whole bunch of characters to excel in every area of the game.

I located the most universally capable characters I could, and those are the characters I farmed. That's where I spent my money. Because I want a guaranteed ROI. not to be the tippy top for one brief shining moment. Now I am focusing on characters exclusive to certain game modes to flesh out my general character base.

Ewoks are in many events and great on the Rancor.
    Jawa are great in the tank raid and needed for crit damage mods, which WERE the best mods in the game, but not for arena anymore.
    droids were good for pvp when I started farming them, great for galactic war, great for AAT
    Jedi are needed for the Yoda event, defense mods, and get a bonus in the tank raid, plus are pilots.
    Rebels are needed for tenacity mods, are good in PvP, are great in the AAT raid and in Galactic War.
    Clones are good in the AAT raid, and galactic war. Rex & 5s have universal effectiveness.

I've been farming up all the teams I need to take on everything in this game. My buys have been strategically made to allow me to progress at the fastest possible pace in all areas of the game, and I am quite rightfully proud of the job I have done, and how well spent my thousands were. I am most glad that I didn't waste any of my money on exclusive content.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    I think these poor quality drops has discouraged a lot of spending. Let's hope they come better for the celebration.
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I spent my money wrong? HAHAHAH! That's right, being top 10 in every competitive bracket there is, is not a good use of money. Step off troll.

I PURPOSEFULLY have no "exclusive" Whale characters. I spent my money on characters that will help me farm, period. SCREW BUYING the tactical advantage toons. That's a cop out. I want to win with MY COMBO's, not be a follower troll.

Also you may remember me saying that it should be time=money in this game. EXCLUSIVE characters violate that rule. I wouldn't buy them out of principle anyway. I don't farm hard mode only characters, yet I have a 7 star ewok scout and clone sergeant, and you're going to say all of my 7 stars are easy to farm? I'll have been playing for 4 months on monday... Those are NOT easy farms.

You sir are a troll.

I spent my money how I wish. Droids absolutely COULD NOT be top 10 in my shard without having spent money. Every single leveled character on my roster is a purposeful choice. I am a combo master, I leveled the pieces to my combos.

Keep your ****, ignorant comments to yourself, you troll. Make judgement calls about things you are qualified to make judgement call about in the future.

Do not respond to me again. Keep my name out of your mouth. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Go troll under a bridge somewhere.

What's laughable is your insistence that you personally can judge a young whale by looking at their account, because all you've proven is that you can't.

Here: I'll throw you one bone to keep you from making statements that show off your ignorance in the future:

THIS is a guppy account that started around the same time as me that used to be in my guild: https://swgoh.gg/u/xodium/collection/

Don't judge any more young accounts until you can tell the difference, and see the thousands spent.

Lol you're so mad.

I've looked at your arena payouts. Your AVERAGE is 9th place. With droids. On a young shard. You do know that we can see your average arena payout, right?

You're doing it wrong.

If you're a "kraken" like you claim to be, Your average arena finish wouldn't be 9th. It would be at least 5 if not 3. As far as I can tell, you've NEVER finished first. So Yes, You're doing it very wrong. Lol how's 14th place treating you? Great ROI there. Lololol

There's no way to determine your ships payout so I'm just going to assume you're lying about that too.

I can't wait until your shard matures and you're left in the dust with an empty wallet because you have no clue what you're doing. You have horrific mods, You're on a young shard where droids still can compete. Good luck in 3 months. "Combo master" LOL.

Clone sarge and ewok scout drop a ton in bronziums. I literally have never farmed a single node of clone sarge nor ewok scout. My ES is 15 shards from 7 star and my CS is 60/85. So i really dont know what you're trying to prove here.

You've been playing for 4 months. If you're actually farming ES and CS, they SHOULD be 7 star by now.

Basically, you've spent a lot of money foolishly, you exaggerate how much you've spent, and you're terrible at the game.

As for "keep your name out of my mouth", I'll address you however and whenever I want to.

https://giphy.com/gifs/meme-steak-seasoning-l4Jz3a8jO92crUlWM
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Guys please dont hijack my thread. Its loosing its purpose
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Bought 3. They are no longer relevant the way they've been tweaked. Much better to farm or use the mod store for credits. Won't be buying any more... That's for sure!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

You sir are a troll.

Keep your ****, ignorant comments to yourself, you troll. Make judgement calls about things you are qualified to make judgement call about in the future.

Lol you're so mad.

I've looked at your arena payouts. Your AVERAGE is 9th place. With droids. On a young shard. You do know that we can see your average arena payout, right?

You're doing it wrong.

If you're a "kraken" like you claim to be, Your average arena finish wouldn't be 9th. It would be at least 5 if not 3. As far as I can tell, you've NEVER finished first. So Yes, You're doing it very wrong. Lol how's 14th place treating you? Great ROI there. Lololol

There's no way to determine your ships payout so I'm just going to assume you're lying about that too.

I can't wait until your shard matures and you're left in the dust with an empty wallet because you have no clue what you're doing. You have horrific mods, You're on a young shard where droids still can compete. Good luck in 3 months. "Combo master" LOL.

Clone sarge and ewok scout drop a ton in bronziums. I literally have never farmed a single node of clone sarge nor ewok scout. My ES is 15 shards from 7 star and my CS is 60/85. So i really dont know what you're trying to prove here.

You've been playing for 4 months. If you're actually farming ES and CS, they SHOULD be 7 star by now.

Basically, you've spent a lot of money foolishly, you exaggerate how much you've spent, and you're terrible at the game.

Your ignorance is showing. Yes my arena rank shows. The fact that I am top 10 speaks for itself. Droids could make top 50 on my young shard until a couple weeks ago if f2p, The ONLY reason I can compete with them and hit top 10 still is BECAUSE I paid.

You have NO IDEA what it is like in the young game these days or you wouldn't you running your mouth like it was full of your name. Wiggandoba groups shut down droids before level 80, I was beating them because I was higher geared than them.

I just told you I don't do hard mode farms MR. judgements without knowledge. Pay attention.

Basically, I've spent a lot of money VERY WISELY. Your judgement is poor, and you like to troll honest players with valid points.

I didn't spend money to be first in arena. I spent money to excel in EVERY aspect of the game. But some people have tunnel vision and think whale only means exclusive characters and 1st place in arena.

Go take your misconceptions and shelve them along with your idea that you can accurately judge other people's accounts.

And yes, I am irritated. **** running their mouths off with ignorant comments always **** me off.

• Options

I apologize. I am not trying to hijack your thread, but I'll be damned if I'll just let an **** troll lie about me with no repercussions.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    So much drama... so little value. What a waste of internet space.
  • Options

I apologize. I am not trying to hijack your thread, but I'll be damned if I'll just let an **** troll lie about me with no repercussions.

Well, you sure showed him, huh?

Interwebs repercussions!
  • Options
    There are many types of whale and lots of ways to play this game.

Some whales aim for number one in arena, join a strong guild and spend money to be the best of the best. Other whales spend money to have fun and collect their favourite characters. There is also many types of whale in between. I have played games where whales spend thousands on cosmetics.

If someone is having fun then they are playing the game correctly.
  • Options
    This is a very puzzling argument.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Nah.

f3dc34b4a58ccd8830eb74aea5b9d28e.jpg

• Options
    I'm not sure what is going on... lol. I was expecting something entirely different when I came into this thread.
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    WildMango wrote: »
    I'm not sure what is going on... lol. I was expecting something entirely different when I came into this thread.

My thread got hijacked because the definition of whale was determined to be more important than us getting the short end of the stick becuase of the changes to the mod packs.
  • Options

My thread got hijacked because the definition of whale was determined to be more important than us getting the short end of the stick becuase of the changes to the mod packs.

In fairness, it had been pretty well universally accepted that the mod pack now sucks prior to the tangent.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Hahahahahahaha!!
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Nah.

f3dc34b4a58ccd8830eb74aea5b9d28e.jpg

This made me laugh ^^.... and the mod packs are disappointing to say the least
  • Options

You sir are a troll.

Lol you're so mad.

You're doing it wrong.

Your ignorance is showing. Yes my arena rank shows. The fact that I am top 10 speaks for itself. Droids could make top 50 on my young shard until a couple weeks ago if f2p, The ONLY reason I can compete with them and hit top 10 still is BECAUSE I paid.

You have NO IDEA what it is like in the young game these days or you wouldn't you running your mouth like it was full of your name. Wiggandoba groups shut down droids before level 80, I was beating them because I was higher geared than them.

I just told you I don't do hard mode farms MR. judgements without knowledge. Pay attention.

Basically, I've spent a lot of money VERY WISELY. Your judgement is poor, and you like to troll honest players with valid points.

I didn't spend money to be first in arena. I spent money to excel in EVERY aspect of the game. But some people have tunnel vision and think whale only means exclusive characters and 1st place in arena.

Go take your misconceptions and shelve them along with your idea that you can accurately judge other people's accounts.

And yes, I am irritated. **** running their mouths off with ignorant comments always **** me off.

Lol.

K.

On a scale of 1 to Chris Brown, how mad are you at a stranger on the internet right now?

PS. You're still bad at the game.