Mod pack improvements missed the mark

Replies

• Options
    Aurodium? Remember Those? Oh yeah, you don't because you've only been playing for 4 months.

So basically, you don't even know the history of the game and you're trying to act like you're some sort of, to borrow your term, "Know-it-all".

Oh you're right, none of the games previous releases are documented anywhere. Knowledge of that can't be seen anywhere... /end sarcasm.

The fact of the matter is. I can see how characters have been released since the start of the game without having been playing since the start of the game, but you can't see what leveling is like now unless you are leveling now.

Being a know-it-all means thinking that there is no relevant information you need to know about a subject outside of what you already know. I actually DO have knowledge of the game prior to my playing, but you DON'T have knowledge of leveling now.

Your comparison is inadequate. I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong, hence I am no Know-It-All. You, however, have proven over and over in this thread that you won't admit when you're wrong (while oozing holier than thou attitude from reply #1 to me), which leads to you being one.

In other words, your attempt at deflection (thinking error) has failed.

• Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Bought several of the new mod packs, regretted it immediately. All trash. I need exactly one type of mod, the same type of mod everyone else needs: +17 speed or better secondaries. Allow me to buy them AND ONLY THEM. I've spent my last dime on these trash packs, on all things actually, because my team can only get better than it is now with SPEED SECONDARIES. My arena rank will only go up if I can match my opponents' speed. What is so hard to see about this? You broke the game with ridiculous speed values and have yet to do a thing to fix it for those who didn't win the mod lottery.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Bought several of the new mod packs, regretted it immediately. All trash. I need exactly one type of mod, the same type of mod everyone else needs: +17 speed or better secondaries. Allow me to buy them AND ONLY THEM. I've spent my last dime on these trash packs, on all things actually, because my team can only get better than it is now with SPEED SECONDARIES. My arena rank will only go up if I can match my opponents' speed. What is so hard to see about this? You broke the game with ridiculous speed values and have yet to do a thing to fix it for those who didn't win the mod lottery.
    I see the bigwigs reading this and grinning. After they are done congratulating themselves, they give themselves bonuses with your money, cut the devs pay, again, and laugh all the way to the bank.

• Options
    It's kind of hard
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I see the bigwigs reading this and grinning. After they are done congratulating themselves, they give themselves bonuses with your money, cut the devs pay, again, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Well, I'm pretty sure they contract the development to some cheap coding factory, so you're probably right.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

Edit
  • Options
    It's takes so long when you are waiting for certain gear to appear in shipments when you managed to save up a lot of crystals.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    @Woodroward you'd think that after spending "thousands of dollars" on this game you'd be able to at least climb up to 1st on your arena leaderboard everyday. The fact that you can't even do that and choose to run those subpar droids shows your ignorance in this game. Evidently money can't buy skill :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @Woodroward you'd think that after spending "thousands of dollars" on this game you'd be able to at least climb up to 1st on your arena leaderboard everyday. The fact that you can't even do that and choose to run those subpar droids shows your ignorance in this game. Evidently money can't buy skill :smile:

Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement.

I haven't spent any money in over a month specifically because of the necessity for the new exclusive toon/team every month, and refuse to play follow the leader. If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen that your point had been cancelled out before it was made.

Thanks for playing and losing.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    spending thousands is the tip of the iceberg on some shards, lol. guppies.

I have no shame in saying I spend a good bit. And that F2P kick my behind in arena and have better mods. I think if you check mod shop and shipments 3 times a day plus wake up once in the middle of the night, and you religiously participate in raids, you will easily beat a lot of spenders. I rather give some money to keep up with the "skilled" players. I check shop twice a day do my arena at night and register for 0 points in raids. LOL.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/

If that's you, you're not even a guppy let alone a whale/kraken.

That is me. Regularly top 10 in PvP (with droids no less, if you think that a f2p could still pull that off in my shard full of whales, I'll scoff at you), regularly #1 in ships, regularly #2 in my guild raids. I've ONLY been playing since December 10th, and am in a guild that doesn't run heroics, and only recently switched to running 6 stars regularly. I am totally a Kraken/Whale. Don't want to get too much into specifics, but once you've spent thousands of dollars on a game in a few months... Yeah, that makes you AT LEAST a whale.

If it was a matter of pride, I'd be claiming I was f2p, not the reverse.

I started this game because several of my rl friends play it, and I saw how the game play reminded me of magic. I reached a point where I could leave my friends guild or spend money to progress as I wished. I chose to spend money.

I have been playing for 4 months and have a 7 star ewok scout that I barely ran any hard modes for. I have 15 7 star characters, a handful in t10, 1 in t11, and many in t9. As I said, I don't run heroics, I'm not in a top raiding guild. I'm in a guild that will take down its own heroics eventually and screw other people's progression curves.

My money spent is apparent in my profile if you have all the facts.

But it's easy to try to make judgement calls without all the relevant facts, so I'll forgive you your ignorant comment.

lol you aren't a whale / kraken bud

everyone has their own definition.... but you need to have spent at least 5k+ to be in even considered that.

I'm far from being a kracken.... and look at my profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lordstyling/
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement.

I haven't spent any money in over a month specifically because of the necessity for the new exclusive toon/team every month, and refuse to play follow the leader. If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen that your point had been cancelled out before it was made.

Yes it doesn't take skill, but surely with the money you've spent your roster would be fleshed out enough that arena is a breeze. Maybe put those crystals to better use, say arena refreshes or mod shipment refreshes? I mean it's fine if you just want to dump money into the game and not want to dominate your arena shard :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Mylion wrote: »
    Im done with the gambling side of this game. Like the pheonix characters 5-30 shards. Well i have them all 7* and how many times did 30 drop...once. Gambling is fine with allypoints and thing you earn it is not ok with money. EA/CG its time to stop

Why on earth would they when people like you actively condone their ethics and business plan by purchasing regardless?
  • Options

Yes it doesn't take skill, but surely with the money you've spent your roster would be fleshed out enough that arena is a breeze. Maybe put those crystals to better use, say arena refreshes or mod shipment refreshes? I mean it's fine if you just want to dump money into the game and not want to dominate your arena shard :smile:
    Ships are a breeze, raiding is a breeze. Arena's a lower priority. I can farm and gear toons faster than the other people in my shard because I focused on multi purpose universal toons. which will lead to me staying on the leaderboard in my shard and climbing back up eventually. I spent my crystals strategically and skillfully. Now please be done with your insistence on continuing the lame brained trolling started by another ignorant poster.
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Aurodium? Remember Those? Oh yeah, you don't because you've only been playing for 4 months.

So basically, you don't even know the history of the game and you're trying to act like you're some sort of, to borrow your term, "Know-it-all".

Oh you're right, none of the games previous releases are documented anywhere. Knowledge of that can't be seen anywhere... /end sarcasm.

The fact of the matter is. I can see how characters have been released since the start of the game without having been playing since the start of the game, but you can't see what leveling is like now unless you are leveling now.

Being a know-it-all means thinking that there is no relevant information you need to know about a subject outside of what you already know. I actually DO have knowledge of the game prior to my playing, but you DON'T have knowledge of leveling now.

Your comparison is inadequate. I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong, hence I am no Know-It-All. You, however, have proven over and over in this thread that you won't admit when you're wrong (while oozing holier than thou attitude from reply #1 to me), which leads to you being one.

See, this is where you're wrong. I have an alt account that I've been leveling strictly f2p. I wouldn't call myself a whale by any means but I have paid on my main account. I'd consider myself a dolphin there. Maybe not even a dolphin.

But I will tell you this. My f2p alt account does everything you do, better, has a slightly better roster, And hasn't spent a dime. So yes, I know what leveling is like now.

You're just defending your position that you've spent so much money when veteran players are saying you're not a whale and saying your roster is weak.

It's okay to feel bad after getting terrible ROI. lol

Nice 17th place arena finish yesterday, champ. Lol
  • Options

See, this is where you're wrong. I have an alt account that I've been leveling strictly f2p. I wouldn't call myself a whale by any means but I have paid on my main account. I'd consider myself a dolphin there. Maybe not even a dolphin.

But I will tell you this. My f2p alt account does everything you do, better, has a slightly better roster, And hasn't spent a dime. So yes, I know what leveling is like now.

You're just defending your position that you've spent so much money when veteran players are saying you're not a whale and saying your roster is weak.

Why are you so intent on making this person feel bad about the way he/she spent their money?
  • Options
    WildMango wrote: »

Why are you so intent on making this person feel bad about the way he/she spent their money?

I'm not. I called him out on his being a "whale/Kraken" when he's obviously not, and it devolved from there lol.
  • Options

I'm not. I called him out on his being a "whale/Kraken" when he's obviously not, and it devolved from there lol.

This whole thread has turned into this ... lol

giphy.gif

• someonesolddude
    187 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I understand you guys need to make money, but at least give us quality things to spend it on. Otherwise many of us simply won't spend it. I was one of the people waiting for the mod packs to return. Though, from the look of it their not worth getting anymore. Funny thing is you guys would probably end up making more money if you gave us the ones you did before. Some of us don't have 500 dollars to get a whole set of perfect 5 star mods with. To the devs...this is a new low Welp

Edit: was "warned" for putting EA in the title
    Post edited by someonesolddude on
  • someonesolddude
    187 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I understand you guys need to make money, but at least give us quality things to spend it on. Otherwise many of us simply won't spend it. I was one of the people waiting for the mod packs to return. Though, from the look of it their not worth getting anymore. Funny thing is you guys would probably end up making more money if you gave us the ones you did before. Some of us don't have 500 dollars to get a whole set of perfect 5 star mods with. To the devs...this is a new low Welp

Edit: was "warned" for putting EA in the title
    Post edited by someonesolddude on
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with them?
  • Options
    I spent 40 dollars on mod packs; if I got better mods, I would have spent more. This is the end of my mod pack spending. I literally got one useful mod from the pack. RNG or not, I won't be chancing it again.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Whats wrong with them?

I only bought one but I got mostly 3* star mods, some 4* a I think one 5* mod, non of them very good. I guess that the same thing repeats if you buy a lot of them. I would rather spend my crystals on cantina energy refreshes to farm mods.
  • Options
    Aldaron wrote: »
    Whats wrong with them?

I only bought one but I got mostly 3* star mods, some 4* a I think one 5* mod, non of them very good. I guess that the same thing repeats if you buy a lot of them. I would rather spend my crystals on cantina energy refreshes to farm mods.

You are correct; like I said, dropping 40. Only got one 5 dot mod with speed secondary. The rest were just useless; should have just saved the crystals and waited for what I wanted in the mod store.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Whats wrong with them?

They upped the price by 66% and gave us the ability to select the "set" you want.

Since speed secondaries > set in most cases, the pack is not worth the extra 66%. (IMO)

If you are really desperate to fill out a set in which you can't complete the challenge (speed and offense for most I would guess), then a pack or two could be useful.

I pulled 4 and got 2 speed secondaries... one 3 dot (pretty much trash) and one 5 dot purple (which didn't upgrade). I have seen reports of about 7% speed secondary on 5 dot (so 1 per 2 packs). Others have reported 10 speed secondaries with 4 packs...

So as with many of these things the RNG swing/value can be large. I would say value could be better than spending crystals in the shop but not by much.

This game is about managing resources long term, they constantly change the meta and while mods are reusable the large RNG swings is pure gambling imo.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Was there any reason to suspect that the mods would be any better than the ones you get from the challenges?
  • someonesolddude
    187 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »
    Whats wrong with them?

You are correct; like I said, dropping 40. Only got one 5 dot mod with speed secondary. The rest were just useless; should have just saved the crystals and waited for what I wanted in the mod store.

At this point waiting for them in the mod store would be a much better and cheaper alternative. Were not dum EA! Minus the guy who requested a maul buff hehe
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with them?

TL;DR (this, or any of the other posts about mod packs): They raised the price and the mods that drop are predominantly useless - and worse than previous packs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Whats wrong with them?

EVERYTHING
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    The mod packs now aren't nearly as good as before. We're asked to pay an extra 40% just for the ability to choose which set to buy. I was much happier with 600 crystal deal for the random mods that they did before...

This. Please bring back mod packs in their previous iteration!!!

Ironic - EA/CG has shown with several events that they are perfectly willing and capable of trotting out the same old events....unless we like it. Then it gets"improved". lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

This whole thread has turned into this ... lol

giphy.gif

Don't most of them? lol