Mod pack improvements missed the mark

Replies

• NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You haven't posted any "math". Please do so.

All you talk about is Ewok Scout. Give me the math behind 7 starring Ewok Scout. You haven't yet. All you've said is "use math instead of perceptions." The onus is on YOU to prove me wrong. So far you haven't. Please show me where you used "actual math" because I see 0 breakdowns of your precious Ewok Scout farm.

I 7 starred him on my main account, which I linked earlier in this thread. That's without actively farming him, at all. If I wanted to farm him in the past, I would have hit his hard nodes and refreshed them. That, with the rate he drops from bronziums would have made him a relatively easy farm compared to a character like FOTP, which only has 2 hard nodes and 0 places he drops other than Chromiums.

You're still deflecting. Nothing I've posted in this thread concerning you has been refuted.

You just use the same three things over and over again. "Math, perception, ignorance" yet there is absolutely nothing you have said that refutes anything I have called you out on.

Guppy/Whale/Kraken are LEVELS of spending. You can not spend a single dime after spending a few thousand dollars and you're still a whale. What is so hard to understand about this? It's not the frequency, it's the amount. Then again, in your 25+ years of freemium gaming (lol) you may be getting Alzheimers in your old age. How long before you tell me to "get off your lawn!"
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

All you talk about is Ewok Scout. Give me the math behind 7 starring Ewok Scout. You haven't yet. All you've said is "use math instead of perceptions." The onus is on YOU to prove me wrong. So far you haven't. Please show me where you used "actual math" because I see 0 breakdowns of your precious Ewok Scout farm.

I 7 starred him on my main account, which I linked earlier in this thread. That's without actively farming him, at all. If I wanted to farm him in the past, I would have hit his hard nodes and refreshed them. That, with the rate he drops from bronziums would have made him a relatively easy farm compared to a character like FOTP, which only has 2 hard nodes and 0 places he drops other than Chromiums.

You're still deflecting. Nothing I've posted in this thread concerning you has been refuted.

You just use the same three things over and over again. "Math, perception, ignorance" yet there is absolutely nothing you have said that refutes anything I have called you out on.

Guppy/Whale/Kraken are LEVELS of spending. You can not spend a single dime after spending a few thousand dollars and you're still a whale. What is so hard to understand about this? It's not the frequency, it's the amount. Then again, in your 25+ years of freemium gaming (lol) you may be getting Alzheimers in your old age. How long before you tell me to "get off your lawn!"
    I have given you the math. It's easy enough. If your ability to judge a young account is as good as you think it is, you don't need me to do it again. So you can either reread the thread to find it, or work it out yourself. One way or another, you will see that it backs up my claim. You 7 starred him on your main account... which is how old? You do realize that this, if anything, backs up my claim about not being able to have him 7 starred on my just barely 4 months old account?

• Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

I have given you the math. It's easy enough. If your ability to judge a young account is as good as you think it is, you don't need me to do it again. So you can either reread the thread to find it, or work it out yourself. One way or another, you will see that it backs up my claim. You 7 starred him on your main account... which is how old? You do realize that this, if anything, backs up my claim about not being able to have him 7 starred on my just barely 4 months old account?

But I never actively farmed him, and you did. That's what you're failing to look at.
  • Options

But I never actively farmed him, and you did. That's what you're failing to look at.

Reread the thread. If you actually remembered any of our conversation you wouldn't be saying this.

• Options

Reread the thread. If you actually remembered any of our conversation you wouldn't be saying this.

This was all I could find from your "math"

"I don't farm hard mode only characters, yet I have a 7 star ewok scout and clone sergeant, and you're going to say all of my 7 stars are easy to farm? I'll have been playing for 4 months on monday... Those are NOT easy farms."

Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say here, but you're saying you didn't farm Ewok Scout and 7 starred him in 4 months? That not only defies logic, but the laws of math lol.

Bravo on clone sergeant though.
  • Options
    Quick break from all the back and forth.

I just 6 starred FOTP today. Yay!

Now I have go get 98 more shards. Nooooooooooo

giphy.gif

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

"I don't farm hard mode only characters, yet I have a 7 star ewok scout and clone sergeant, and you're going to say all of my 7 stars are easy to farm? I'll have been playing for 4 months on monday... Those are NOT easy farms."

Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say here, but you're saying you didn't farm Ewok Scout and 7 starred him in 4 months? That not only defies logic, but the laws of math lol.

I 7 starred him by buying Jawa & Ewok packs. Same with Clone Sergeant, and Droid and Clone packs.

Those packs I found worthwhile because they weren't as random so were guaranteed to give me shards for characters I wanted without being over the top in cost.

That's why it shows that I spent money. There's no way I could have done so without dropping hundreds on those packs.

I also bought a lot of First Order/Resistance packs.

• Options

giphy.gif

I finally started farming that bozo too. 17/100 :(
  • Options
    The ignorant comment here is trying to use a 7* ewok scout as an example of your status.....

Why you trying to troll too? You want this thread closed?

The only ignorant comments in this side topic were the ones made by Deaconyourmouth. If you don't see that, you don't realize what an invested in young account looks like either.

Ewok Scout has only one hard mode available until you are about 3 months into the game, and 2 for around a month or more after that. At a 1/3 drop rate that averages out to about 144 shards for him. At a 1/5 drop rate, which is the more accepted number I have seen, that's about 90 shards for him. So having an extra ~200+ shards for him seems like an easy bronzium haul over less than 4 months to you? In reality, I got maybe a shard or two from hard modes, so 320 from bronziums?

For some one who can judge a young account, the money spent would be apparent just by the presence of a 7 star ewok scout on a less than 4 months old account, let alone the amount of gear, levels, stars, etc. on the account.

Side note:he was actually my 5th 7 star character.

Now please do not continue the trolling trend further.

• Options

I 7 starred him by buying Jawa & Ewok packs. Same with Clone Sergeant, and Droid and Clone packs.

Those packs I found worthwhile because they weren't as random so were guaranteed to give me shards for characters I wanted without being over the top in cost.

That's why it shows that I spent money. There's no way I could have done so without dropping hundreds on those packs.

I also bought a lot of First Order/Resistance packs.

You probably could have saved a bunch of money by switching to hard nodes. Lol.

I get it. You probably would have had a little bit of a longer wait and it would have been cheaper if you hit hard nodes and refreshed them, but whatever works for you.
  • Options
    Amazing this thread is still open.
  • Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Amazing this thread is still open.

Mods are probably having a hardcore nap.
  • Options

giphy.gif

It's torture, but so worth it for FO team and fleet ... FOST is a whole another story. Total pain.
  • Options

giphy.gif

It's torture, but so worth it for FO team and fleet ... FOST is a whole another story. Total pain.

I need about 10 shards to 5 star him. About 20 for FOST. Glad I dropped some crystals on packs for them. Farming mods isn't fun, having to wait to be able to farm is torture.
  • Options

giphy.gif

I need about 10 shards to 5 star him. About 20 for FOST. Glad I dropped some crystals on packs for them. Farming mods isn't fun, having to wait to be able to farm is torture.

I think it's a good bet before Episode VIII. Who knows if they will buff the FO team or introduce a new toon then but it seems like a good thing to plan for. I also find them fun to use.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    All of this bickering reminds me of children who just need to get the last word in. Someone be the bigger person and don't even respond.

They probably are children with access to mommy's credit card.
  • Options

giphy.gif

Farming mods is probably the worst thing in this game by far.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So reading the post I've learned @Woodroward is right and everybody else is wrong. Also, since he said he was done posting on page 2, it's an imposter trolling! No one is this clueless.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @Woodroward you'd think that after spending "thousands of dollars" on this game you'd be able to at least climb up to 1st on your arena leaderboard everyday. The fact that you can't even do that and choose to run those subpar droids shows your ignorance in this game. Evidently money can't buy skill :smile:

Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement.

I haven't spent any money in over a month specifically because of the necessity for the new exclusive toon/team every month, and refuse to play follow the leader. If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen that your point had been cancelled out before it was made.

Thanks for playing and losing.

"Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement. "

This statement is wrong. Money has everything to do with getting #1 in arena. Why would you even spend money if not to claim the best reward there is in this game: 500 crystals per day.??

Also, i am proof that skill can keep you in the top. I farmed Jedi since the beginning and i've NEVER changed my Jedi team for any meta team of the time... When Zetas came, my path was clear. I farmed and worked (without spending money) on toons and raids. Today i run zQGJ, Aayla, GK, Yoda and JKA. I rank 1 everyday. It was through skill and learning that i achieved that spot.

I am sorry to claim this, but you're a noob. If you spent that much money on the game then it was only obvious you should be ranking at the top. If you played long enough there are no excuses for why you don't have any competitive arena team except droids (which aren't competitive for a while now).

You spent your money poorly. Be happy as you will, of course, you can play whatever ways you want, but your not being productive to yourself. It's simple, and it's true. Deny it, accept it, it won't change the fact.

PS: Of course, i've spent money on this game as well (not nearly 1k, let's say 200 bucks tops), in the addicting start... But as soon as i started to rank top 10 i started spending a lot less, after i reached top 1 everyday, i stopped spending. It's been some months now. 500 crystals a day, why spend money? I just have to harvest them ;D

• Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @Woodroward you'd think that after spending "thousands of dollars" on this game you'd be able to at least climb up to 1st on your arena leaderboard everyday. The fact that you can't even do that and choose to run those subpar droids shows your ignorance in this game. Evidently money can't buy skill :smile:

Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement.

I haven't spent any money in over a month specifically because of the necessity for the new exclusive toon/team every month, and refuse to play follow the leader. If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen that your point had been cancelled out before it was made.

Thanks for playing and losing.

"Skill has nothing to do with taking rank #1 in arena, and neither does money. That's all about your mods and having the flavor of the month. To claim otherwise is the true ignorant statement. "

This statement is wrong. Money has everything to do with getting #1 in arena. Why would you even spend money if not to claim the best reward there is in this game: 500 crystals per day.??

Also, i am proof that skill can keep you in the top. I farmed Jedi since the beginning and i've NEVER changed my Jedi team for any meta team of the time... When Zetas came, my path was clear. I farmed and worked (without spending money) on toons and raids. Today i run zQGJ, Aayla, GK, Yoda and JKA. I rank 1 everyday. It was through skill and learning that i achieved that spot.

I am sorry to claim this, but you're a noob. If you spent that much money on the game then it was only obvious you should be ranking at the top. If you played long enough there are no excuses for why you don't have any competitive arena team except droids (which aren't competitive for a while now).

You spent your money poorly. Be happy as you will, of course, you can play whatever ways you want, but your not being productive to yourself. It's simple, and it's true. Deny it, accept it, it won't change the fact.

PS: Of course, i've spent money on this game as well (not nearly 1k, let's say 200 bucks tops), in the addicting start... But as soon as i started to rank top 10 i started spending a lot less, after i reached top 1 everyday, i stopped spending. It's been some months now. 500 crystals a day, why spend money? I just have to harvest them ;D

I'm sure you wouldn't be in the top if you didn't have good mods. This means that a large portion of your success is basically due to luck. Money can't buy good RNG on mods, neither can skill. Therefore the biggest determination in someone's PvP rank is luck plain and simple.

The simple fact that you say you don't spend a lot of money and still rank highly in arena means you are contradicting your denial of my statement that money is not the biggest determination in PvP rank.

I am not a noob. A noob is clueless. I was purposeful in my purchases. Just because you can't understand my goals doesn't mean that they aren't good. It doesn't make me clueless. However, to try and judge my progression without taking my personal goals into account does make one clueless with their comments about the value of my purchases.

Arena is merely one facet of the game, and less important than fleet or raiding in my opinion. It is a gamble on whether or not you will keep the rank you have by spending money on it, but it is no gamble whether or not you will continue to do good damage on raids or beat events with the toons you have to get those rewards.

The Noob comment is thinking that there's only one avenue to success in this game, or that only one goal in it is worthwhile.

• Options
    Arena has the best rewards and it's not close. 500 crystals a day. Rank 1st everyday that's a vaults worth a month. Maybe you should focus on that instead of trash han solo shards or pure luck rng nonsense ship battles.
  • Options
    Arena has the best rewards and it's not close. 500 crystals a day. Rank 1st everyday that's a vaults worth a month. Maybe you should focus on that instead of trash han solo shards or pure luck rng nonsense ship battles.

That doesn't matter to me. I don't give a rat's **** about getting crystals every day. So you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you have an actual point other than your preference.
  • Options

That doesn't matter to me. I don't give a rat's **** about getting crystals every day. So you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you have an actual point other than your preference.

Yes you're right. Much bether to buy them instead of getting them for free. Enjoy raid han and normal tank.
  • Options

Yes you're right. Much bether to buy them instead of getting them for free. Enjoy raid han and normal tank.
    In this instance, there is no right. But why should someone who has no problem getting as many crystals as they want prioritize getting crystals over other things in game?

That makes no sense.
  • Options

In this instance, there is no right. But why should someone who has no problem getting as many crystals as they want prioritize getting crystals over other things in game?

That makes no sense.

Hey man its your journey. Free is better than not free to most people. You've shown you're not most people.
  • Options
    The OP be like:

giphy.gif

Lol, I hope his preferences were set to get an email notification whenever there's a response.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    The OP be like:

giphy.gif

Lol, I hope his preferences were set to get an email notification whenever there's a response.

Was thinking the same thing lol

whid1.gif
  • WildMango
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    iW4PS.gif
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    WildMango wrote: »
    iW4PS.gif