HotFix Update 5/17/2017 [Megathread]

1235Next

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Tarkin 's rework looks pretty amazing..... And you won't have to wait for that

How is Tarkin amazing? He has a (potential) strong AOE hard to set up that he probably won't get to use. His leader zeta is way less useful compared with QGJ, Zaul or even Nihilus zetas, or even EP's non zeta leader ability. And all other abilities are potency or debuff related, when rebels or GK hybrids can line-up 4 or 5 cleansers.

I agree but at least his lead can't be resisted by rebels and with the speed increase troopers can gain decent ground.

For example my current troopers would have the following speed under Tarkin

Veers 252
    Snow 222 ( with almost 3400 offernse)
    Storm 235
    DT 237
    Shore 159

And if you remove only 2 from each number you will have the speed of your troopers under the current Tarkin, and I wouldn't call him amazing :)
    Just because the debuffs can't be resisted by rebels doesn't mean is a problem for them, they have 4 cleansers, without Rex or Gk that can be used with them.

I'm not saying Tarkin will be amazing or even good because stuff on paper don't always work out and darkside being shafted and the chaze epidemic and how empire got pooed on I don't exepect much but his lead would still then force the cleanse each turn because one you get to health your effects can't resisted
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Zader can still solo, it'll just be actually challenging/interesting... Magmatrooper + TFP should keep TM down enough and even the Tarkin rework might be used by Zader users
  • Lord_LeBobcat
    300 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Rex can give the whole team 42% to 90% TM everytime Palpatine acts from his aoe special passive plus his main is 6 attacks X 7.5% to 15% TM.

This may seem like too much but it's Wai I beleive Rex is just that good
    Happens every turn since it's a passive ability.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Lol who's to say you can not still solo rancor?

Not w zader anyways. Maybe a teebo team w jyn tfp rex phasma could do it

Nope @GhostTruckin has done it since the bug fix. P1 is just more dicey but it still works. Fix ur potency bruh
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Sith pass - 3 sith, more rebels
    Empire pass - 2 empire, more rebels

Great game.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed we get another rebel. But since she's a Jedi, too, that makes me happy. God knows the Jedi need a pass in a big way.
  • Options
    Vador still weak
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed we get another rebel. But since she's a Jedi, too, that makes me happy. God knows the Jedi need a pass in a big way.
    Uh, Fulcrum Ahsoka is not a jedi.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Where's the Dark Side's Chaze? or Rex? or GK/Zarriss? It's beyond ridiculous at this point. All the Dark Side debuffs mean squat when Chirrut / Rex /GK can dispell them instantly. And all three of those can pretty much rotate it so they never get a debuff on them again. Throw in GK's crit immunity and foresight and any empire squad is useless.
    The only way I usually beat those crews with a dark side crew is a Nihilus lead, which doesn't rely on many debuffs, and doesn't trigger GK's taunt, or Zarriss's zeta unique.
  • Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Where's the Dark Side's Chaze? or Rex? or GK/Zarriss? It's beyond ridiculous at this point. All the Dark Side debuffs mean squat when Chirrut / Rex /GK can dispell them instantly. And all three of those can pretty much rotate it so they never get a debuff on them again. Throw in GK's crit immunity and foresight and any empire squad is useless.
    The only way I usually beat those crews with a dark side crew is a Nihilus lead, which doesn't rely on many debuffs, and doesn't trigger GK's taunt, or Zarriss's zeta unique.

This. Triple cleanse makes any characters relying on Debuffs rendered useless. with all the cleansing, they have enough to cleanse each turn perpetually. Then on top of the cleansing they get this TENACITY UP DEBUFF IMMUNITY where nobody can land a buff.

You can't ability block anyone, because someone cleanses it
    You can't use buff immunity, because someone cleanses it
    If you use characters like DT or B2, if you use aoe dispel they have 1-2 buffs as a result, using TFP for buff immunity is worthless as well.
    Basically, you can't land squat on anyone for any period of time. And if you aren't using multiple cleanses, you are probably dead already as the Healing from Chirrut is off the charts ridiculous. You have to basically one shot each character or they fully heal.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Options
    And that's exactly my point. What does the Dark Side have that can do anything similar to, or the complete opposite of that (since they are "Dark Side"). Nothing. Now you add this Ahsoka that I saw on the video do essentially 70-80k on one attack?
    I'm usually the cheerleader for this game, but right now, I'm just annoyed by the lack of balance between light and dark.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Sith pass - 3 sith, more rebels
    Empire pass - 2 empire, more rebels

Great game.
    Can't wait for the Rebel pass...
  • Options
    I was nominated by my guild to ask for an update. We would like to know how to focus our time and resources. Please let us know when and how we will receive Ashoka Fulcrum, updates to Grand Moff Tarkin and anything else in the near future. We are very excited as it Anniversary week and woul appreciate any insight you can share.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I was nominated by my guild to ask for an update. We would like to know how to focus our time and resources. Please let us know when and how we will receive Ashoka Fulcrum, updates to Grand Moff Tarkin and anything else in the near future. We are very excited as it Anniversary week and woul appreciate any insight you can share.
    Just go rebels. Can't go wrong with the favored faction.
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Options
    What's going on with mods
  • Starbuck
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know, but i think threads are being shut down or moved. There were lengthy discussions about this 1 hour period where mod upgrading was free, so everyone upgraded all their mods and then sold them for huge profits. So basically you have a heap of players with massive credit balances giving them a huge advantage now over people that didn't do it.
  • Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    I don't know, but i think threads are being shut down or moved. There were lengthy discussions about this 1 hour period where mod upgrading was free, so everyone upgraded all their mods and then sold them for huge profits. So basically you have a heap of players with massive credit balances giving them a huge advantage now over people that didn't do it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112206/mod-upgrades-arent-using-credits-properly-resolved#latest
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    She's going to have terrible health and much weaker attacks at 3 and 4 stars. You'll have to wait for her to be a Mac truck. DN was rare being highly viable at low stars in arena

That's not true at all. All the great characters have been viable at their lowest star level with high gear. Chirrut, Baze, Nihilus, Kenobi, shore, and Fulcrum Ahsoka will as well.

Nihilus is TRASH at 3*.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    She's going to have terrible health and much weaker attacks at 3 and 4 stars. You'll have to wait for her to be a Mac truck. DN was rare being highly viable at low stars in arena

That's not true at all. All the great characters have been viable at their lowest star level with high gear. Chirrut, Baze, Nihilus, Kenobi, shore, and Fulcrum Ahsoka will as well.

PpV0evc.png

Though I do feel the need to point out that three of those are tanks - so the huge damage loss from being low stars is unimportant - Chirrut was super squishy at three stars and only viable at max or near max gear with Baze, and Nihilus was only viable because his OHKO didn't care what star level he was, you just had to keep him alive.

So all tanks, or special cases. It remains to be seen whether ATF will fall into that latter camp or not.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »

PpV0evc.png

Though I do feel the need to point out that three of those are tanks - so the huge damage loss from being low stars is unimportant - Chirrut was super squishy at three stars and only viable at max or near max gear with Baze, and Nihilus was only viable because his OHKO didn't care what star level he was, you just had to keep him alive.

So all tanks, or special cases. It remains to be seen whether ATF will fall into that latter camp or not.

Lol, good points and great image.