Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Also, are we discouraged from spending time experimenting? Spending time getting to know the toons so well that we can come up with fantastic strategies? What, we are to stick to cookie cutter options and not search for unique solutions? Talk about a grey world without hope.
    It's hard enough to theorycraft, but then you have to invest in characters and actually play test it, this gives little hope or reason to even attempt theorycrafting in new interesting tactics in the future.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    We've been playing this game for what, 18 months now? Yet we're still waiting weeks and even months for bug fixes and QoL updates that may not even come.

(...) Well if the Nutinni fiasco has taught us anything, it's that 'bugs' can actually get addressed and fixed within 24-48 hrs...which begs the question as to why things like Teebo take 6 months (to come up with another PTP toon that uses the same stealth mechanic so it has to get fixed to keep up profits) before it gets fixed.

Constant nerfs, lack of actual content, and the continual release of drastically unbalanced toons is seriously taking its toll on the players, and this is just getting ridiculous.

Please stop treating the players like Beta-testers.

^^ exactly my thoughts!!!
    And THIS IS NOT A BUG - so it doesn't need a fix. It's just team synergy.

• Options
    >be dev
    >fix really obvious bug which was widely abused and seriously not intended
    >kids on forums starts to cry and blame me for their wild exploitation of the bug

• Options
    Lugo wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Despite all the crazy stuff happening I would like to applaud lugo. When I first read the thread I thought he was trolling. However when screenshots and videos then I saw that it was a genius strategy. You have to applaud the guy for coming up with something creative and different instead of using the same brainless teams. Well done lugo, well done indeed.

Thanks

Lugo shall be known as the most iconic forum member, since the forum has censorship, di cks out for Lugo props to Lugo!

Worth the warning :lol:
  • Eglend
    14 posts Member
    Options
    It's obvious now that the players are the ones testing all the 'content' (new toons) that comes out, so when can we stop being beta testers for this game?

You may think this is a sarcastic post, but I'm dead serious.

We've been playing this game for what, 18 months now? Yet we're still waiting weeks and even months for bug fixes and QoL updates that may not even come.

Meanwhile, we get punished with toon nerfs using the gear that takes months to farm. Oh, and remember all those bugs that persist for months and months while they get 'looked at' and 'tested'? Well if the Nutinni fiasco has taught us anything, it's that 'bugs' can actually get addressed and fixed within 24-48 hrs...which begs the question as to why things like Teebo take 6 months (to come up with another PTP toon that uses the same stealth mechanic so it has to get fixed to keep up profits) before it gets fixed.

Constant nerfs, lack of actual content, and the continual release of drastically unbalanced toons is seriously taking its toll on the players, and this is just getting ridiculous.

Generally, it has not been displayed to the playerbase that we are anything more than Beta-testers for this game, and that needs to change if there are any hopes of this game continuing through the end of this year (at best).

Considering SWTOR's even worse about this (Hard to believe I know, but trust me), I have to believe it's an EA design decision, so I doubt it gets addressed.
  • Options
    >be dev
    >fix really obvious bug which was widely abused and seriously not intended
    >kids on forums starts to cry and blame me for their wild exploitation of the bug

This
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Despite all the crazy stuff happening I would like to applaud lugo. When I first read the thread I thought he was trolling. However when screenshots and videos then I saw that it was a genius strategy. You have to applaud the guy for coming up with something creative and different instead of using the same brainless teams. Well done lugo, well done indeed.

Thanks

Lugo shall be known as the most iconic forum member, since the forum has censorship, di cks out for Lugo props to Lugo!

Nice! :lol:
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I think the nute/jawa combination is good. It gives people a reason to farm nute. Otherwise, he is useless, especially since there is absolutely nothing being done with ships, like ever. I farmed him just for the sole purpose he might be the separatists commander, as there should be one, but 8 months later, and the only thing we get for ships is tie advanced. 8 months of billions in profit, and they can't give us ship content? Characters isn't content. That's just milking the players wallets. Come on guys, give us a new raid, it can't be too hard to make a new raid every few months.
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    Options

(...) Well if the Nutinni fiasco has taught us anything, it's that 'bugs' can actually get addressed and fixed within 24-48 hrs...which begs the question as to why things like Teebo take 6 months (to come up with another PTP toon that uses the same stealth mechanic so it has to get fixed to keep up profits) before it gets fixed.

I disagree, I think its a bug on jawas assists.
    Ive already posted, but its lost in this thread, here is nute leader ability description:
    · Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge
    Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.
    So would be impossible for them gain 2x 50% tm.
    Please @SnakesOnAPlane give me your thoughts as I respect your opinion
  • Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    everyone could take 10 secs instead of posting and go review the game.
    Nickielll wrote: »

Ive already posted, but its lost in this thread, here is nute leader ability description:
    · Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge
    Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.

Exactly, each turn, not every time they fill their turn meter.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, what topic was I following? There's no cohesiveness to this megadump
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    Options

· Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge

Well, you will only have a new turn when you fill the turn meter
  • Options
    +1
  • Options

· Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge

Not true, you can definitely take a turn outside of your normal turn, for example , 5's or dooku, they take a turn to counter attack.
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    Options

· Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge

Not true, you can definitely take a turn outside of your normal turn, for example , 5's or dooku, they take a turn to counter attack.

Thats not a turn, its an attack out of his turn

Dooku· Unique · Level 8
    Flawless Riposte
    Count Dooku has 100% Counter Chance. In addition, whenever he attacks outside of his turn, he deals 30% more damage, has a 25% chance to gain 45% Turn Meter, recovers 10% Protection, and gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options

Thanks

Lol
  • Options

· Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge

Thats not a turn, its an attack out of his turn

Dooku· Unique · Level 8
    Flawless Riposte
    Count Dooku has 100% Counter Chance. In addition, whenever he attacks outside of his turn, he deals 30% more damage, has a 25% chance to gain 45% Turn Meter, recovers 10% Protection, and gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.

Fair enough.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Great :) Our guild just got excited that we'll have a bigger chance to get through a HAAT relatively soon...and now it's gone... :) Yeah I get the purpose of the Raid is to promote teamwork but maybe it would be easier for players to develop Raid teams if the current Raid rewards system was actually any good and we had less problems getting good mods....
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Back to the drawing board. Can't wait to endure hours of strategy and coordination to get some challenge gear and shards for a toon I could not care less about.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    If the purpose of the raid was to promote teamwork, the gear box would not be based on damage rank in the raid.
    This is a nerf so that the whales can keep taking #1. Let's call it what it is cg/ea.
  • Options
    Ah. A megathread how conveinent.
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    If the purpose of the raid was to promote teamwork, the gear box would not be based on damage rank in the raid.
    This is a nerf so that the whales can keep taking #1. Let's call it what it is cg/ea.

Whales don't even care about the Lego neuter because they can use whatever team composition to max out score to begin with lol

As for the Lego Neuter nerfing, you barely need good gear and mods to use that team...so it's a good thing they are nerfing it? The whole point of haat is different people taking on different phases, it's a team effort, nothing in a quality raid should be cheesy easy.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Nute is variety.. before they mostly talk about overhype ahsoka that they don't even have lol
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Changing this is a sure sign there's no new raid coming any time soon, else they'd leave it be like they did the rancor.
  • PR01Zeus
    61 posts Member
    Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    It'll be fixed folks, count on it.

The simplest fix is to change the leader ability to 49% TM gain. No one gets hurt.

And send Lugo some crystals, because fair play the guy beat the developers at their own game.

I hope they do more than that. 49% will still equate to several million in damage. It'd probably still be able to solo also. No way should three toons have the ability to put up those kind of numbers with trash mods and gear.

Why not? Teebo and qui gon and Rex can do it in rancor raid, I say leave it how it is or what's next? They're gonna make the rancor a team battle too?
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    CG will look at responses that are respectful and productive.

Everyone will be respectful if CG are respectful to all players equally, not just those who pays. The complaints are NOT about Nerf, but the fact that these are so quick to get a response while all of those P2P or OP toons that hundreds are complaining about has ZERO responses (chaze, maul, wiggs, etc etc).
    Whale Complaints = Prompt Response
    F2P Complaints = Ignored
    RAGE!!!
  • Options
    I'd say stick to your gun and DO NOTHING...roll on with whatever you're doing.
    We need EQUALITY AND JUSTICE
  • Options
    I'm pretty late to this thread but can we call this strategy "Spitting out a Lugo"?
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks

Ooo Lugooo....THE MAN himself!!
    You're now famous, Revolutionary HERO!
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Whales don't even care about the Lego neuter because they can use whatever team composition to max out score to begin with lol

As for the Lego Neuter nerfing, you barely need good gear and mods to use that team...so it's a good thing they are nerfing it? The whole point of haat is different people taking on different phases, it's a team effort, nothing in a quality raid should be cheesy easy.

Don't you dare nerf my lego!