Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    Check_It wrote: »
    +1 to the nerf :) it's a strat for lazy people that don't want to have to work for their rewards.

+1
  • Options
    Since the Devs mention that they want the whole guild to participate, what about the 3 man team that solo ed the haat. Granted it was excellent coordination and a lot of moving of mods. Would that also be considered an exploit? Or rather an unintended outcome?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

You couldn't put Teebo on auto.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

We all know this isn't WAI.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

As an aside, I didn't realize you speak for 80% of the player base.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.

You watched that video and thought "wow that's cool, the devs definitely aren't going to nerf this"?

No because I actually realized what the guy did and looked into it. Funny thing when you realize how game mechanics work like that. Also no because they re made Nute's leader ability when they released R2 so they knew full and well what it would do on the tank raid, and they had plenty of time to have at least one beta tester use this leader ability in the Tank raid

Being a software tester is tough. It's easy to miss one edge case like using Nute and 2 random Jawas in the tank raid.

They can't give us all cheat codes to the tank raid. It was cool to see it happen and kudos to the guy who figured it out.

It's not software testing. This could have been completely avoided it they just told one of their workers to use a Nute Lead in every part of the game and to try out different squad comps. They would have had a head start on Lugo and would have been able to "fix" it before Lugo ever even thought about looking for it.

If you've done any software development you would know that what you're saying is much more time consuming than it seems.

EA makes $316,000 a day. You're telling me that they couldn't hire a team of beta testers to stress test this 1 leader ability with squad comps in the amount of time between Nute's leader update and now? Hell I could have done that for a grilled cheese a coke.

It's easy to see this issue after it's already been discovered.

It shouldn't be up to the players of the game to "discover" these "issues" as you put it, the only thing that was discovered was yet another squad that could get high scores in P2 and P4 of hAAT. Every mechanic in this squad is working as intended, and yet CG decides on a whim to shut it down in record time. Honestly, when was the last time something that was WAI was shut down this fast?

It's an incredibly complex application with an infinite number of scenarios to test and a finite number of testers.

It's not working as intended for 3 toons requiring little investment to Solo the most difficult game modes.

I don't think you understand what the term "working as intended" means. Every single mechanic of the Nute/Jawa squad was within the realms of this game. No fluffball reason given by the devs about teamwork and cooperation changes that.

I'm sure they intended for 3 junk toons one not even needing purple gear to Solo the most challenging game mode. Yup.

Yeah you definitely have no idea what the term "WAI" means.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    If you spent thousands to build these HAAT teams....no words. Also, f2p players have a monetary value, and are probably actually more important than a few sad whales.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Molmaxwell wrote: »
    Since the Devs mention that they want the whole guild to participate, what about the 3 man team that solo ed the haat. Granted it was excellent coordination and a lot of moving of mods. Would that also be considered an exploit? Or rather an unintended outcome?

Don't worry CG will get right to it.. in August :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.

You watched that video and thought "wow that's cool, the devs definitely aren't going to nerf this"?

No because I actually realized what the guy did and looked into it. Funny thing when you realize how game mechanics work like that. Also no because they re made Nute's leader ability when they released R2 so they knew full and well what it would do on the tank raid, and they had plenty of time to have at least one beta tester use this leader ability in the Tank raid

Being a software tester is tough. It's easy to miss one edge case like using Nute and 2 random Jawas in the tank raid.

They can't give us all cheat codes to the tank raid. It was cool to see it happen and kudos to the guy who figured it out.

It's not software testing. This could have been completely avoided it they just told one of their workers to use a Nute Lead in every part of the game and to try out different squad comps. They would have had a head start on Lugo and would have been able to "fix" it before Lugo ever even thought about looking for it.

If you've done any software development you would know that what you're saying is much more time consuming than it seems.

EA makes $316,000 a day. You're telling me that they couldn't hire a team of beta testers to stress test this 1 leader ability with squad comps in the amount of time between Nute's leader update and now? Hell I could have done that for a grilled cheese a coke.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all of that ****. Yo can't honestly believe that it would have been too difficult for literally any of the devs to run this new leader ability in the tank Raid considering they had planned Nute's update probably months in advance? With what they make they could hire a team of stress testers that use nothing but Nute lead and they would have found this within a couple of days.

But at what cost? And out of a player base of how many thousands only 2 thought of this idea? It sounds easy to think that this was a possible scenario that needed to be tested after someone's thought of it.

No, the same thing happened with Teebo in the Rancor Raid and he's still highly viable for that one. This raid has been out for 7 months and we are just now beginning to see Teebo like squads for select phases of this raid. Teebo works on the entirety of the Rancor Raid and had for nearly a year.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Despite all the crazy stuff happening I would like to applaud lugo. When I first read the thread I thought he was trolling. However when I saw screenshots and videos then I saw that it was a genius strategy. You have to applaud the guy for coming up with something creative and different instead of using the same brainless teams. Well done lugo, well done indeed.

Credit to Shaunyvee for original idea
    Post edited by Bobby777 on
  • Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    They responded quickly because it didn't potentially cost you money to get the team up and running. Plain and simple.

• Check_It
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Amongst all the hate, I say good job guys. Yes each toon separate is WAI but that team together is clearly something that needs to be addressed. It's not like princess zody that can get good damage, it's not like the teebo teams that can get a few phases down in Rancor and it's not even like the zader teams because they at least require some effort and strategy to make it happen. This team is simply for the lazy who want the rewards without having to work hard. You get the two stealthed then hit auto. I'm (not) sorry you spent some of your time leveling him up. Move on.

Once again, good job devs!
  • Options
    The game felt exciting this morning, tonight, it feels like a crap grind again.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

It shouldn't be up to the players of the game to "discover" these "issues" as you put it, the only thing that was discovered was yet another squad that could get high scores in P2 and P4 of hAAT. Every mechanic in this squad is working as intended, and yet CG decides on a whim to shut it down in record time. Honestly, when was the last time something that was WAI was shut down this fast?

It's an incredibly complex application with an infinite number of scenarios to test and a finite number of testers.

It's not working as intended for 3 toons requiring little investment to Solo the most difficult game modes.

I don't think you understand what the term "working as intended" means. Every single mechanic of the Nute/Jawa squad was within the realms of this game. No fluffball reason given by the devs about teamwork and cooperation changes that.

I'm sure they intended for 3 junk toons one not even needing purple gear to Solo the most challenging game mode. Yup.

They can't solo the raid either, they dealt High damage to 2 out of the 4 phases of the raid and struggled on phase 4 due to the adds in that phase and RNG. They really only were able to solo phase 2 reliably.
  • Options
    RIP, Lugo.
    I have a feeling this will be just as iconic as August
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    TMK wrote: »
    There is no bug. They just don't like the fact, that the strategy doesn't require any highly paid toons to be effective.
    FTFY
  • Options
    RIP, Lugo.
    I have a feeling this will be just as iconic as August

Dude, like no joke I'll start using this because Lugo deserves it for sure.
  • jonni
    133 posts Member
    Options
    this thread is so fun.
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    · Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge
    Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.

Post edited by Nickielll on
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all of that ****. Yo can't honestly believe that it would have been too difficult for literally any of the devs to run this new leader ability in the tank Raid considering they had planned Nute's update probably months in advance? With what they make they could hire a team of stress testers that use nothing but Nute lead and they would have found this within a couple of days.

But at what cost? And out of a player base of how many thousands only 2 thought of this idea? It sounds easy to think that this was a possible scenario that needed to be tested after someone's thought of it.

No, the same thing happened with Teebo in the Rancor Raid and he's still highly viable for that one. This raid has been out for 7 months and we are just now beginning to see Teebo like squads for select phases of this raid. Teebo works on the entirety of the Rancor Raid and had for nearly a year.

You had to play the game actively with strategy for an hour with Teebo not just put it on auto.
  • Options
    Absolutely. It's been way too long since we've had anybody really create a f2p squad that isn't OP and is WAI. Lugo has now replaced CUP as the God of SWGOH
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Despite all the crazy stuff happening I would like to applaud lugo. When I first read the thread I thought he was trolling. However when screenshots and videos then I saw that it was a genius strategy. You have to applaud the guy for coming up with something creative and different instead of using the same brainless teams. Well done lugo, well done indeed.

Thanks
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Anyone can see that I have always been against NERFS, this case is different. Different Cuz the only investment that needs to be done is an Omega.

It is very discouraging we invest in teams with 2 or more zetas, gear, and learn strategies to have a team with only 2 toons on the G10 or G9 with MODS that any one has doing 9M damage on auto.

Ps: I Leave the applause for those who found the team
    This is the guy who was anti-nerf, but suddenly swaps position now. Sweet irony. These forums of late has really been bringing justice.
  • BigFish58
    204 posts Member
    Options
    Brilliant
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Thanks. I laughed. Hard.

Not sure how he'll recover from that.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

They can't solo the raid either, they dealt High damage to 2 out of the 4 phases of the raid and struggled on phase 4 due to the adds in that phase and RNG. They really only were able to solo phase 2 reliably.

Missed the point. You can't have people finishing the most challenging game mode on auto with minimal investment if you want them to be able afford to keep the servers running let alone build us new content.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

You had to play the game actively with strategy for an hour with Teebo not just put it on auto.

Oh, you naïve little man. It was so easy with Teebo and now that we have basic only auto, yes you can leave it on auto with minimal targeting from the player, if any at all. Plus with Jyn being made f2p it got even easier to auto.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    Can someone please post the picture of the nerf or nothin meme?

8fdaad3f085dd16065151d9eb857950d_its-nerf-or-nothing-memescom-nerf-or-nothing-meme_704-597.jpeg
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

Missed the point. You can't have people finishing the most challenging game mode on auto with minimal investment if you want them to be able afford to keep the servers running let alone build us new content.

No, you missed the point. Lugo was only applicable to half of that raid. Half of that was largely due to RNG and specific targeting from the player to take out specific targets.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Please chaze needs to be addressed before this, trash troll thread
  • Options
    Luuuugoooo jennnnnnkins
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Thanks. I laughed. Hard.

Not sure how he'll recover from that.

Thank you guys. You have made my day more fun :)
  • JP1200
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Please chaze needs to be addressed before this, trash troll thread

They wouldn't do that because it usually costs $$$ to get chaze. This was a f2p to merc tank so they needed to fix it asap.