Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Check_It wrote: »
    +1 to the nerf :) it's a strat for lazy people that don't want to have to work for their rewards.

Let me fix this for you.

Hard work is done without paying a dime. Lazy people spend money to accomplish something.

Hard work is sticking with your guild to help them accomplish something. Ditching less advanced players to merge guilds is the exact opposite. Something is accomplished but in a lazy way.

Hard work is coming up with new solutions to different phases. Lazy work is to follow the trends.

Question to devs:

It's fine to do 25-30% of P1 without touching any buttons other than aoe with Maul and retribution with GK?
    It's fine to solo P1 with one character having a zeta?
    It's fine to solo P2&P4 with clones?

Could you please clarify what are the allowed builds so we don't accidentally come up with more new ideas?

I'm afraid that devs will nerf Nute back into oblivion rather than work on the mechanics of the phases.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Check_It wrote: »
    +1 to the nerf :) it's a strat for lazy people that don't want to have to work for their rewards.

Let me fix this for you.

Hard work is done without paying a dime. Lazy people spend money to accomplish something.

Hard work is sticking with your guild to help them accomplish something. Ditching less advanced players to merge guilds is the exact opposite. Something is accomplished but in a lazy way.

Hard work is coming up with new solutions to different phases. Lazy work is to follow the trends.

Allllll the YESS!!!!!

lNEg8.gif
  • Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    We've been playing this game for what, 18 months now? Yet we're still waiting weeks and even months for bug fixes and QoL updates that may not even come.

(...) Well if the Nutinni fiasco has taught us anything, it's that 'bugs' can actually get addressed and fixed within 24-48 hrs...which begs the question as to why things like Teebo take 6 months (to come up with another PTP toon that uses the same stealth mechanic so it has to get fixed to keep up profits) before it gets fixed.

Constant nerfs, lack of actual content, and the continual release of drastically unbalanced toons is seriously taking its toll on the players, and this is just getting ridiculous.

Please stop treating the players like Beta-testers.

^^ exactly my thoughts!!!
    And THIS IS NOT A BUG - so it doesn't need a fix. It's just team synergy.

I disagree, I think its a bug on jawas assists.
    Ive already posted, but its lost in this thread, here is nute leader ability description:
    · Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge
    Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.
    So would be impossible for them gain 2x 50% tm.
    Please @SnakesOnAPlane give me your thoughts as I respect your opinion

It all depends on how you define turn. It can mean either the length of time from when any toon gains the turn symbol until they finish and it passes to the next toon, or it can mean the duration from when they gain the turn symbol until the next time that toon gains it again.

The Royal Guard actually uses both meanings at the same time in his unique, he gains health and turn meter based on when any toon in the fight takes a turn, but loses taunt based on when he himself takes turns. Unless the Royal Guard is actually bugged, but I would have thought someone would have noticed that by now if he was.

It is entirely possible that Nute's lead was never intended to give more than 50% turn meter gain between a units own turns, in which case they will fix the bug and everything will go back to normal. It is also possible that units were meant to be able to gain additional turn meter from assists or counter attacks, but we have no proof, and I can't imagine they would admit that now that it has been shown to have such game breaking effects.

I suppose they could choose to find some other way of dealing with this than declaring it a bug, fixing it, and then perhaps paying out a few crystals like they did with all the problems with Zader, but it seems the most likely action, and the one that will cause the least long term damage to the game.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    If the purpose of the raid was to promote teamwork, the gear box would not be based on damage rank in the raid.
    This is a nerf so that the whales can keep taking #1. Let's call it what it is cg/ea.

Whales don't even care about the Lego neuter because they can use whatever team composition to max out score to begin with lol

As for the Lego Neuter nerfing, you barely need good gear and mods to use that team...so it's a good thing they are nerfing it? The whole point of haat is different people taking on different phases, it's a team effort, nothing in a quality raid should be cheesy easy.

Lmao, please tell me how 1 person soloing P1 with Zylo is not cheesy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    well, party's over. announced that they'll sit down next week and talk about that. which means its not WAI as it comes to their opinion. so nerf incoming.
  • Appo2619
    72 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Soo the one of community(have to search for the name) found a good haat team which is relatively easy to obtain, accessible for everyone and gives everyone the opportunity to kill the haat raid a little bit faster(good for new haat guilds imo). EA: Hey-They used a working leadership NERF IT!!

It is like EA is trying to stop the "creativity"....We(okay a person managed it) were sitting on the drawing board and created a good p2 team based on a WAI leadership and EA wants to nerf it immediately...WHY?! You can't always fix things if you don't like the fact that a (surprisingly good) strange team managed to score a good amount of damage....So theoretically they have to "fix" teebo too because he is able to solo p1 of rancor and with the right team the whole raid....
    There are enough guilds struggling with the Haat so why shouldn't they have the opportunity to make the raid completion a little bit easier?

There are definitely more important things to fix like the removal of challenge gear of the raid rewards, or the tie breaker of a raid leaderboard, or more Qol updates, or working on ships and so on!! But don't nerf/fix a working team because you don't like it!

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Appo2619 wrote: »
    Soo the one of community(have to search for the name) found a good haat team which is relatively easy to obtain, accessible for everyone and gives everyone the opportunity to kill the haat raid a little bit faster(good for new haat guilds imo). EA: Hey-They used a working leadership NERF IT!!

It is like EA is trying to stop the "creativity"....We(okay a person managed it) were sitting on the drawing board and created a good p2 team based on a WAI leadership and EA wants to nerf it immediately...WHY?! You can't always fix things if you don't like the fact that a (surprisingly good) strange team managed to score a good amount of damage....So theoretically they have to "fix" teebo too because he is able to solo p1 of rancor and with the right team the whole raid....
    There are enough guilds struggling with the Haat so why shouldn't they have the opportunity to make the raid completion a little bit easier?

There are definitely more important things to fix like the removal of challenge gear of the raid rewards, or the tie breaker of a raid leaderboard, or more Qol updates, or working on ships and so on!! But don't nerf/fix a working team because you don't like it!

Thoughts?

Can't I'll get banned.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    I'd say stick to your gun and DO NOTHING...roll on with whatever you're doing.
    We need EQUALITY AND JUSTICE
    Free Lugo!!

Nice to see Billy D. In here too...

On a serious note there does seem to be a way to address this nobody's really talked about. Everyone is worried about all players having GK, but they could just release a new raid.

I'm not trying to trivialize the hundreds of hours this would take the devs, but it solves the problem without a nerf. Most 1/2 way decent guilds are using a 24 hr 0 damage rule on hRancor, but nobody seems to care that the raid is easy for most max level guilds. Why? Because there is another raid with a better toon behind it.

Another raid where only the fattest of whales can clear on day one would essentially make everyone happy here, and might even be a great way to release a very iconic character.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Lmao, please tell me how 1 person soloing P1 with Zylo is not cheesy

Exactly.
  • Options
    Probably going to end up pushing the June fan favorite back to July so they can pour all resources into this "fix."
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'd rather have the daily contributions tally actually work than a nute nerf. I agree it should be low pri if it deserves a look at all...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Appo2619 wrote: »

Thoughts?

Can't I'll get banned.

Same here :mask:
  • Options
    Probably going to end up pushing the June fan favorite back to July so they can pour all resources into this "fix."
    For some reason I'm thinking august
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    I disagree, I think its a bug on jawas assists.
    Ive already posted, but its lost in this thread, here is nute leader ability description:
    · Nute Leader ability
    Backroom Subterfuge
    Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.
    So would be impossible for them gain 2x 50% tm.
    Please @SnakesOnAPlane give me your thoughts as I respect your opinion

So let me try this on you then for explanation.

Datcha and Scavenger both have 0% TM. Tank goes and Datcha's turn comes. Datcha shoots, crits and gains 50% TM for the FIRST TIME on his turn. Scavenger is called to assist, scores a critical and gains 50% TM for the FIRST TIME on this turn. He was already close to 100% anyway.

Situation before Scavenger's turn is that Scav is at 100% TM and Datcha at 50%.

Scavenger attacks, scores a critical and for the FIRST TIME gains 50% TM. Datcha assists, crits and for the FIRST TIME gains 50%.

Situation before Datcha's move is that Datcha is at 100% and Scav at 50%.

They don't gain TM more than they should.
  • Options
    Here's my piece about EA wanting full guild participation to beat these raids.

I know I'm in the minority, but I barely participate in the HAAT raids because frankly, my guild doesn't need me to.

I am glad to take the 45th spot for doing 150k damage on auto with a consistent jedi counter team simply because I am bored with this raid.

Early on I worked my tail off to get my 2% in on each phase to make sure my guild could finish, but when 5 players could do 75% of the damage on their own, I stopped bothering. I could rank in the teens every raid but I'm just not interested.

On a larger note, what would make the raid (and the game as a whole) interesting is being able to play with a wider range of characters. I'm F2P and understand that P2P will always have early access to the best toons, but it now takes about a month on average to get a toon fully maxed out. It would take almost 6 months to fully max out a team like Clones or Resistance from scratch, and that could mean ignoring arena required toons like Nihilus to do so.

If EA REALLY wants everyone in a guild to participate in the raid, can it be because we WANT to play the raid and not because we HAVE to?

I would gladly play the raid more if I could play a team like Clones or Resistance or Imperial Troopers, but what stops me? The grind.

Want I-Troopers? Too bad Veers is only available in hard nodes and Chromiums. Too bad again that Shoretrooper is only available on ONE 20-energy hard node that is impossible to beat for 90% of the player base. (I have it 1-starred).

Want Clones? Too bad Clone Sergeant is a hard node farm.

Want Resistance? Too bad Finn has one hard node and a cantina node when there are 3 other cantina nodes you need to farm first for arena toons.

And the kicker? GEAR. Gear is so hard to come by. And not just the new gear, but the old gear too. If EA could just give us a little WD-40 for the gear grind it would be so appreciated.

I'm thinking specifically about purple gear. The average purple gear requirement is around 1100 pieces for a toon, and often that includes at least 2-3 sets of stun cuffs, yet stun cuffs are barely easier to farm than they were a year ago when they were added AND we have 30 or 40 more toons that need them.

I think I currently need about 1200 or 1300 cuff salvage for my toons at their current gear levels, which doesn't include characters that need more than one set at their respective levels and assuredly doesn't include what they need at later levels.

At one set per week, that's 24 weeks just for STUN CUFFS on those characters alone. Meanwhile 4 or more new characters are being released every month, each one being even more "must have" than the last.

All this is to say that if we could farm new toons to viable (key word here is VIABLE) levels at a pace even just twice as fast as we do now, F2P players would STILL only be gearing half the number of toons released each month.

Unless this happens I won't actively compete for high ranks in the HAAT raid. I won't even attempt this Nute strategy though it would be so easy to do so.

So as far as the Nutinni strategy goes, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a ****."
  • Daemoe
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is unfair. I have no intentions to build a Lugo team, but the man has a point. He found a fantastic strategy. Instead of being rewarded, devs will punish all of us by making hAAT even harder than it actually is.
    I'm the leader of a small guild, and these "updates" made me think about leaving the game.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Absolutely. It's been way too long since we've had anybody really create a f2p squad that isn't OP and is WAI. Lugo has now replaced CUP as the God of SWGOH

Droids, Resistance and Clones are FTP and WAI. They are OP if you consider the expected output of a raid team.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    So they are gonna nerf Lugo now :(

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Also, this is nothing to do with wanting teamwork. This is to do with the loss of revenue from players having to gear multiple squads.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Lugo wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Despite all the crazy stuff happening I would like to applaud lugo. When I first read the thread I thought he was trolling. However when screenshots and videos then I saw that it was a genius strategy. You have to applaud the guy for coming up with something creative and different instead of using the same brainless teams. Well done lugo, well done indeed.

Thanks

Ooo Lugooo....THE MAN himself!!
    You're now famous, Revolutionary HERO!

Lol
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Daemoe wrote: »
    This is unfair. I have no intentions to build a Lugo team, but the man has a point. He found a fantastic strategy. Instead of being rewarded, devs will punish all of us by making hAAT even harder than it actually is.
    I'm the leader of a small guild, and these "updates" made me think about leaving the game.

You and me both bro. Lugo found awesome team that's WAI, and they jumping to this so fast its disgusting. Sooooo many other things go by unadressed. The game has TONS of problems that are brought up everyday, yet they feel the need to jump only on this one. Disgusting.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    gorki wrote: »
    Daemoe wrote: »

You and me both bro. Lugo found awesome team that's WAI, and they jumping to this so fast its disgusting. Sooooo many other things go by unadressed. The game has TONS of problems that are brought up everyday, yet they feel the need to jump only on this one. Disgusting.

This.

How about them focus on the rebels problem instead of nerfing the other factions that actually is WAI!! lol
  • Options
    Dear devs,
    How about we let qui gons be qui gons, and just leave it alone.
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lol, one person did something clever so we the community are being unfairly punished by taking away something we never knew about until yesterday and wouldn't be able to think of without him.

The unjustified outrage in here is simply hilarious.

Pay Lugo, not us
  • Cuhullin
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Give the guild officers the ability to properly manage raids, e.g. registration, damage limits, level (player/toon) min/max, etc ..., then it wouldn't matter how much damage a uniquely synergistic set of toons manage to do, and doesn't break the game mechanics while allowing for maximum guild participation.

Ultimately, since damage is the key requirement for player rankings in a raid, shouldn't it be up to the guild leadership how much damage a guild member does that counts towards a raid? So what if players can solo a phase? Maybe that phase is where the guild needs the most help.
    Post edited by Cuhullin on
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am a bit torn with respect to this development. On the one hand I was totally happy to see a new strategy that opens up the game. On the other hand this also meant that my guild's focus over the last few months would have been for nothing...I myself invested a lot in hAAT teams so that we could finally beat it, and we made it about a week ago. But the random nerfing/buffing just because something turns out to not be "intended" really sucks! It makes a really bad impression of (a) not caring about the customers, and (b) lousy feature implementation. Point (b) is OK, though, since everyone can make a mistake from time to time. I hope we get at least an apology.

Also, why would anyone start levelling and gearing the 2 Jawas + Nute before waiting at least a couple of days for a dev response?!? I bought 20 Nute shards, and that's it...no damage done for me.
  • Options
    This is a poor decision that will lose trust of some players. Plain and simple.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    They should at least make it possible to use this team in some way. Nute being useful was such a great thing to hear
  • Options
    Why are the devs looking into Lugo's Nute team composition when Zylo has been able to solo P1 HAAT for months?

The Zylo solo was clearly an unintended consequence of his zeta ability, but there has been no mention on it being banned by the devs.

So why is this new team composition being treated differently?