Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Smack
    36 posts Member
    Options
    I
    Okay, everyone knows about the Lugo Manuever. Everyone agrees it is working as intended. Can we please just let the guilds manage this?
    Each guild has their own Zylo rules, Start and Stop rules, zero damage registration etc. This is no different. The whole Rancor can be solo'd does that mean a fix is coming for that as well? We've had to level and gear up these little dudes for mods. They are otherwise useless. Except for the Lugo Manuever. This is merely one part of one phase. Please, throw us a bone and leave the mechanics alone.

It is NOT working as intended.. why do people keep ignoring that?? It is only meant to grant TM to main attack NOT on assists... smfh
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Ok. For the people that keep posting "I don't understand why people are crying about it" "let it stay" "they're fixing this before everything else" I'm going to try to help you understand a little bit. People have busted their butt and wallet for months to get teams up and running for the haat. Clones, resistance,zader teams, droids take ALOT to build to gear 11. This raid is supposed to be the toughest thing to accomplish in the game. It took my guild along time to be able to complete it...but we did. They didn't make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase with very little effort to get them to gear 8. This lame threesome wouldn't even work until R2 came out and they buffed nutes leader ability. (Do you kind of see why people would be mad by this?) Yes the devs screwed up...by buffing nute. It's on them for what is happening right now. (If nutes leader ability is working as intended right now) If they nerf which I think they should, they should acknowledge their mistake and give an apology for creating something they didn't intend to do. Believe me they didn't intend for 3 chit toons to be able to shutdown the tank in topple. They also responded to this quickly because maybe just maybe they don't want the backlash of people complaining how they spent resources getting this little team going? Which if you had the 3 starred up it would take you a DAY to get them running. And I'll save you some typing....I think Zylo should be fixed also.

I think you're missing the biggest issue with this. And that is the pathetic hypocrisy of the dev post addressing it.

I get that. Would you rather they say nothing and stealth nerf? Atleast they are warning people so they can stop farming the setup. And from this thread the biggest issue isn't the wording of a dev comment. It's that people are getting their cheap setup taken away from them.

Meh it doesn't bother me. I am one of the ones that dumped cash for my toons to get the tank raid knocked out. Good on lugo for figuring out an easier way.
  • Options
    Smack wrote: »
    I
    Okay, everyone knows about the Lugo Manuever. Everyone agrees it is working as intended. Can we please just let the guilds manage this?
    Each guild has their own Zylo rules, Start and Stop rules, zero damage registration etc. This is no different. The whole Rancor can be solo'd does that mean a fix is coming for that as well? We've had to level and gear up these little dudes for mods. They are otherwise useless. Except for the Lugo Manuever. This is merely one part of one phase. Please, throw us a bone and leave the mechanics alone.

It is NOT working as intended.. why do people keep ignoring that?? It is only meant to grant TM to main attack NOT on assists... smfh

At this point they're obviously trolling or they're genuinely willing to sacrifice the devs having resources to build us cool stuff for the quick fix of beating the raid with no effort.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    The tank raid was poorly designed, pretty much from the onset. Normal mode came out as if no one had even tested it, and it took those guilds that couldn't do heroic weeks to finish it. Then the devs nerfed it, and suddenly having a great jawa and jedi lineup didn't matter anymore, and we could barely keep it open for 12 hours. We've tried to set up rules but because there are no tools to log attacks by guild members they're nearly impossible to enforce. And the gulf between normal and heroic is still massive. P1 should have been the last phase, as it's the worst phase for damage and no one wants to waste heroes on it, so everyone just waits til nearly refresh time in Normal. And it's becoming clear heroic was meant for those who play this game as a second job. Heroic broke apart more casual guilds and punished those guilds that wanted to stick together and play the game as a GAME. AAT is simply the worst part of the game, IMO.
    So I don't think the devs should do anything about Nute. The only people a nerf would hurt are more casual guilds. Hardcore guilds can just kick players that use this tactic if they choose to see it as cheap, and almost everyone in those guilds has Kenobi already. Nerfing him will also drastically reduce the exchange of tactics, in fear that a completely legitimate squad will bring on a nerf in the name of whatever the devs consider the spirit of the raid. Leave it be and let people enjoy the game.

+1,000,000
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    To anyone complaining about this team being too easy, have you actually tried to run it? It's hard to set up and keep it going!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If Zylo was allowed to solo phase 1, why not this Nute + jawas team?
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Lugo is a bigger investment than zylo

990 stars Vs 330 stars

23 gear levels Vs 10 gear levels

Millions more credits and More green blue purple mats as well what's the fuss about

Plus u need rng with Lugo where zylo u can kill the whole phase guaranteed

Get out of here with your logic. This is an internet forum. It is only for rants, emotions, grips and complaints.

Your right, we don't need logic here!!!!!!!!

Logic is for dummies
  • Options
    yeah, they will make sure the leader ability does not persist after death for sure.

Or they could limit Nute's leadership to Scoundrels/Separatists only.

They could then perhaps add a Zeta to Nute's leadership which allows him it to apply to all heroes again.

What they cant do is nerf the Jawas in any way.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I've already spent a bunch of crystals trying to quickly farm nute in arena shipments for the big damage.

And it's WORKING AS INTENDED. As I'm sure has been said multiple times in this thread, if The Pit is allowed to be soloed by multiple team compositions, why is this Nute things a problem? WHY do you suddenly claim raids are to work together as a guild when it's about intraguild competition?

Leave it alone. There's nothing broken here. And I don't like the thought of spending to farm this character asap if he will no longer do what he's intended to do.

Changing things now will be bad. Just work on the newest raid and leave this one be.
  • Options
    Well said. It's amazing how many people miss this key point. They can't build us cool new stuff if they can't pay the bills.

Cool new stuff would be nice. We don't get nearly enough of that.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Ok. For the people that keep posting "I don't understand why people are crying about it" "let it stay" "they're fixing this before everything else" I'm going to try to help you understand a little bit. People have busted their butt and wallet for months to get teams up and running for the haat. Clones, resistance,zader teams, droids take ALOT to build to gear 11. This raid is supposed to be the toughest thing to accomplish in the game. It took my guild along time to be able to complete it...but we did. They didn't make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase with very little effort to get them to gear 8. This lame threesome wouldn't even work until R2 came out and they buffed nutes leader ability. (Do you kind of see why people would be mad by this?) Yes the devs screwed up...by buffing nute. It's on them for what is happening right now. (If nutes leader ability is working as intended right now) If they nerf which I think they should, they should acknowledge their mistake and give an apology for creating something they didn't intend to do. Believe me they didn't intend for 3 chit toons to be able to shutdown the tank in topple. They also responded to this quickly because maybe just maybe they don't want the backlash of people complaining how they spent resources getting this little team going? Which if you had the 3 starred up it would take you a DAY to get them running. And I'll save you some typing....I think Zylo should be fixed also.

I think you're missing the biggest issue with this. And that is the pathetic hypocrisy of the dev post addressing it.

I get that. Would you rather they say nothing and stealth nerf? Atleast they are warning people so they can stop farming the setup. And from this thread the biggest issue isn't the wording of a dev comment. It's that people are getting their cheap setup taken away from them.

It's not a cheap setup. It's brilliant and has a lower cost in terms of credits. I don't need the setup personally but I think this stuff is healthy for the game encouraging people to playtest rather than just be the same lame team that everyone sees, driven mostly by mods. You are suggesting discouraging creativity which is quite well- sad.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I

It is working as described. When something is not supposed to work on counter or assists the ability includes the phrase "during their turn" see echo and EP abilities.

As far as intended we'll only the Dev's know intentions. We only know those when they share them.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you cry for the nerf bat. Here you have a bunch of people clamoring for a chaze nerf that when something that benefits them comes down the pipe that what would benefit them is the thing that gets nerfed.

The irony.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I

It is working as described. When something is not supposed to work on counter or assists the ability includes the phrase "during their turn" see echo and EP abilities.

As far as intended we'll only the Dev's know intentions. We only know those when they share them.

On second thought, isn't an assist considered "attacking out of turn"? If it's not their turn maybe they shouldn't be getting the TM bonus according to how Nut's leader ability is phrased. "Each turn".

• Smack
    36 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    I

On second thought, isn't an assist considered "attacking out of turn"? If it's not their turn maybe they shouldn't be getting the TM bonus according to how Nut's leader ability is phrased. "Each turn".

Finally someone else gets it.. it's an attack out of turn
  • fpancheri
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    If Zylo was allowed to solo phase 1, why not this Nute + jawas team?

Because the minimum requirement for HATT is Gear 10 and mods V.

Zylo and Clones fit. A "blue gear" cleans p4 does not.

Post edited by fpancheri on
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I

They are only getting tm gain once each turn.

The ability doesn't state once during their turn it states each turn, like Chirrut heal, Ahsoka fulcrum cleanse.

To see an ability that limits to their turn see ep lead.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I

The ability doesn't state once during their turn it states each turn, like Chirrut heal, Ahsoka fulcrum cleanse.

This wouldn't be possible if they weren't gaining tm on assist. And an assist is out of turn.

I think the wording of the leadership ability is too vague.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I keep reading these comments about people being upset because they put in so much work (and probally money) to gear and level some toons its an insult to have a nute lead that can cause a far more better performance than all your gear 11 monsters can dream of, please stop crying big babies i cant wait to bench my g11 droids on p2 and then test them elsewhere, and nerfing nute is very lackluster to say the least after all this is no cheat, sad and kinda weak to see people react like this cause theyre cash investments dont yield the same as nute, me im just gonna join the club until the party is over not cry about it. Its a game remember what does that mean to you
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    I

This wouldn't be possible if they weren't gaining tm on assist. And an assist is out of turn.

I agree that it wouldn't be possible if they were not gaining TM on assist. I also agree that an assist is out of turn. However the lead ability does not state that it is limited to their turn it limits it to the "first time they score a critical hit each turn." It is not worded as "first time they score a critical hit during their turn."
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I

Chirrut gets his heal over time from his basic, which is used when he counters. It's not based on his "turn".

Nute's leader clearly states during each turn, and an assist is out of turn.
  • Options
    For the record: What people choose to spend their money on is entirely their own choice. Some can think spending $10000s on a car is ridiculous, as is buying an expensive home, watch, jewelry, song, game or the like. Spend money on the things you enjoy. Life is short.

However, creative and clever players being punished for their innovations? Disagree.
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Oh please...sure money can buy the best teams but obviously money doesn't buy brains. It took a very clever and creative gamer to come up with this "trash squad". If you have that much money to throw away, how exactly does this effect YOUR gaming experience? You're still probably getting the best rewards, right? You must be ranking top 5 in arena, right? But this ruffles your feathers because someone got creative and didn't spend a ton of cash on this squad? What exactly does this hurt: your ego?
    Good post.

yes, that's what i'm talking about. i totally agree w/ you. it's not the spending, but, the attitude & treatment that puts me off. couldn't have explained it better, @Jedi_Reach_. very well said.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I

Chirrut gets his heal over time from his basic, which is used when he counters. It's not based on his "turn".

I am not taking about his heal over time I am talking about his heal that happens each turn if an ally has a hot.

When they have want to limit an effect to a characters turn they have stated that it is limited to their turn. It is not a new concept of having an ability only active during their turn

Here is an example of such.
    Xa8wxZ6.jpg
  • Options
    Recently, a way to do significant damage to the AAT in phases 2 and 4 of the Tank Takedown raid have been discovered in the community. While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.

I'm sorry @CG_Kozispoon , @Vampire_X , I like the game, I like the devs, I'm on here most weekdays... but I do call some bull on this. A number of players have said it, and I know I've posted it more then once:

The only real teamwork in this game is in the top of the arena. People collaborate to share payouts. It's a team where 24 players can, in theory if not also in practice with some luck, can get a #1 payout time. #1 every day, all week, forever. That requires some management and work. Potentially 168 #1 payouts. But half it - 12 players #1 it in a day - 84 #1 payouts a week.

Meanwhile - guilds get 2-3 Pit & 2 AAT raids a week. It's a real leaderboard, with only one #1 payout per raid - everyone else falling down from there. So Five #1 payouts in a supposed guild?

Five #1's in a week for 50 guildies to fight over. 84 #1's (potentially) for 12 arena 'shardmates' to share 100% evenly.

Again, I'm sorry, but I fail to see where you are encouraging guildies to fight together - verse arena where people really are supposed to fight against each other? And so on topic, RE Nute, I find the 'teamwork reason' ridiculous. On top of just saying you aren't going to do Nerfs... here it comes.

(for the people who want to say they get better raid rewards at lower level, it's all RNG, and it's because you are more likely to place < 3 and > 3 place - which is how a bias forms. Plus, it's RNG, unlike Arena which is guaranteed payout with crystals you can use to buy gear, which is the real limitation in this game.)

TL:DR - More Teamwork in Arena then in Raids, which are mini leaderboards. Nute is just an extension of the competitive neture of the raid and a how to better come out on top.

sorry excuse for something that's old. i.e. nute lando era. now someone found a use for nute in another area. great job lugo. and this is my second and last post on my opinion.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    oOoabuoOo wrote: »
    Recently, a way to do significant damage to the AAT in phases 2 and 4 of the Tank Takedown raid have been discovered in the community. While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.

I'm sorry @CG_Kozispoon , @Vampire_X , I like the game, I like the devs, I'm on here most weekdays... but I do call some bull on this. A number of players have said it, and I know I've posted it more then once:

The only real teamwork in this game is in the top of the arena. People collaborate to share payouts. It's a team where 24 players can, in theory if not also in practice with some luck, can get a #1 payout time. #1 every day, all week, forever. That requires some management and work. Potentially 168 #1 payouts. But half it - 12 players #1 it in a day - 84 #1 payouts a week.

Meanwhile - guilds get 2-3 Pit & 2 AAT raids a week. It's a real leaderboard, with only one #1 payout per raid - everyone else falling down from there. So Five #1 payouts in a supposed guild?

Five #1's in a week for 50 guildies to fight over. 84 #1's (potentially) for 12 arena 'shardmates' to share 100% evenly.

Again, I'm sorry, but I fail to see where you are encouraging guildies to fight together - verse arena where people really are supposed to fight against each other? And so on topic, RE Nute, I find the 'teamwork reason' ridiculous. On top of just saying you aren't going to do Nerfs... here it comes.

(for the people who want to say they get better raid rewards at lower level, it's all RNG, and it's because you are more likely to place < 3 and > 3 place - which is how a bias forms. Plus, it's RNG, unlike Arena which is guaranteed payout with crystals you can use to buy gear, which is the real limitation in this game.)

TL:DR - More Teamwork in Arena then in Raids, which are mini leaderboards. Nute is just an extension of the competitive neture of the raid and a how to better come out on top.

sorry excuse for something that's old. i.e. nute lando era. now someone found a use for nute in another area. great job lugo. and this is my second and last post on my opinion.

Everytime someone finds a use for nute they "fix" him. Poor guy.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    So it's okay to Solo phase 1 with one character. (Zylo)
    It's also okay to Solo Phase 4 with five characters. (Princess Clones)

But now it's not okay to Solo Phase 4 with Nute and two Jawas?

What am I missing here? Hasn't Nute been reworked a couple of times already?
    Whenever we get to have fun with something, the thing gets Nerfed? Hmmm
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I

I am not taking about his heal over time I am talking about his heal that happens each turn if an ally has a hot.

When they have want to limit an effect to a characters turn they have stated that it is limited to their turn. It is not a new concept of having an ability only active during their turn

Xa8wxZ6.jpg

If that's happening during Chirrut's assists maybe that's not working properly either, since it says the start of each turn. Attacking out of turn isn't the start of a turn.
  • Options
    I

Xa8wxZ6.jpg

If that's happening during Chirrut's assists maybe that's not working properly either, since it says the start of each turn. Attacking out of turn isn't the start of a turn.

Fix chirrut

Oh wait I forgot we can't do that because that's what everyone is spending money on... Have to wait until August when everyone has chirrut.

Then only then will chirrut bugs be addressed after they have cashed in on all the farming
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I

Xa8wxZ6.jpg

I will take back my statement about chirrut heal. I forgot part of the ability wording, so it is a bad example.
    However I still stand with my example of ep lead ability wording. If it is supposed to be limited to their turn (ie not allowed on assists) then the ability should have stated "first time they score a critical hit during their turn."
    Again it is not a new concept to limit an ability to a characters turn nor is the possibility of an assist.

Maybe that is how they will "fix" nute is change it to "limited to first time they score a critical hit during their turn." but that is not how the ability is currently worded and it is working exactly like it is worded even if that was not their intent. Intentions can only be guessed at, players only have the data available to us which the way the ability is worded it should be working on assists, as it is the first attack of that character during that turn.
    Nute Gunray's Leader ability has been adjusted: Turn Meter gain on Critical Hit has been increased to 30/40/50% from 20/25/30% at ranks 3/5/8, but can now only trigger once per turn (i.e., multi-hit, multi-attack, and AoE abilities will only trigger the effect once on the first Critical Hit scored.)
    No where in that statement is the words assists.
    They were trying to stop one character from gaining 100% tm with one attack and it currently does that.

The other fix they could do is make the TM gain 40 or 45% (this is my guess as to what they will do).
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    So it's okay to Solo phase 1 with one character. (Zylo)
    It's also okay to Solo Phase 4 with five characters. (Princess Clones)

But now it's not okay to Solo Phase 4 with Nute and two Jawas?

What am I missing here? Hasn't Nute been reworked a couple of times already?
    Whenever we get to have fun with something, the thing gets Nerfed? Hmmm

1 guy has cleared a phase once with clones after months of work. With this it was 3 toons on auto and there were dozens of copycats the same day because it takes almost no investment to build the team. And they could put it on auto. That's the difference.