Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Lugo is a bigger investment than zylo

990 stars Vs 330 stars

23 gear levels Vs 10 gear levels

Millions more credits and More green blue purple mats as well what's the fuss about

Plus u need rng with Lugo where zylo u can kill the whole phase guaranteed

Get out of here with your logic. This is an internet forum. It is only for rants, emotions, grips and complaints.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Lugo is a bigger investment than zylo

990 stars Vs 330 stars

23 gear levels Vs 10 gear levels

Millions more credits and More green blue purple mats as well what's the fuss about

Plus u need rng with Lugo where zylo u can kill the whole phase guaranteed

Get out of here with your logic. This is an internet forum. It is only for rants, emotions, grips and complaints.

Your right, we don't need logic here!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    How long did people have to invest in this team between the time they found out about this team & the announced balancing changes? I thought it was only a couple days. If so, that is only a couple days resources spent, which is still ****, but not the end of the world. They haven't even announced what the changes are going to be though, have they? I'm hoping that the team will still do good damage after they are done, just not solo phases. I would start farming nute now with that hope, but I'm using arena shipments for shard shop currency while nihilus is there.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't fixed at all since my guild isn't haat ready btw, but I doubt the complaining about it will make the devs change their minds.
  • Options
    Didn't bother to read it all, FYI they have a test server filled with players from YouTube, you might know some of them. And just because something is tested doesn't mean all possibilities were tested, some may be not noticed till is already on market. Main line on projects, done is better than perfect.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    Options
    remember teebo fix and how fast it goes with SA
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Neither of those could be put on auto, did much less damage and required more investment.

This, exactly this. Unless you haven't put hundreds of hours and money into it you shouldn't benefit. Good you clarified it.

That's quite the strawman.

Sorry but yes you need to invest either time or money to beat the most challenging game mode. Otherwise you may as well let people Sim he raid like daily challenges.

And someone did put time in. Instead of going with the known teams that worked, someone thought outside the box and looked at how characters' abilities worked, how the raid worked and figured out by retreating specific characters at a specific time, he could get outstanding results. Time was spent on this solution.

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately. Sorry @Lugo you did a good job! Thanks anyway! Keep on crafting!

giphy.gif

Yes, I made that.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Offer him a hearty handshake and a pat on the back.

I know there are lots of posts about this already, ...

Not quoting the whole post but this is very well said. This typically happens in all games when you have people looking at ways to beat raids. I've played a lot of MMORPGs and raids always have some solution that is a "surprise" to the developers.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Unfortunately. Sorry @Lugo you did a good job! Thanks anyway! Keep on crafting!

giphy.gif

Yes, I made that.

Hmmmm love it
  • Options
    Loooooolllllll
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think its really up for debate whether they'll remove this strat. They already said it was not in keeping with what they want and they will fix it.

The real debate is how it gets fixed.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad they gave a heads up at least and not simply dumped a nerf weeks later once everyone had done farming the characters.
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    I don't think its really up for debate whether they'll remove this strat. They already said it was not in keeping with what they want and they will fix it.

The real debate is how it gets fixed.

To me the real debate is about this statement "disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes"

Zeta Kylo in P1 also "disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes"
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine."

-Lugo, probably, when he solos the next raid with Ugnaut and CUP
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    Only the strongest guilds should get HAAT rewards!! .... all those little guilds they don't need rewards or kenobi shards. Anything that works for them should be nerfed immediately. This is getting really bad. Does anyone test these characters before they are released?

So punish those who figured out a poor man's squad to manage damage that only the top dog squads can do? This isn't a "shame on you" to the player who figured it out. I'd say shame on you to the employee who totally failed their job testing these characters.

Being a software tester is not as easy as it sounds.

Doesn't matter they get paid to do it

And?

The point is that there are hundreds of possible team combinations just under Nute lead in this one game mode. It's tough to make sure no defect ever gets through.

There is no defect. Everything is working exactly as described (that alone is kinda surprising). By the same argument chirpantine shouldn't work, or TM manipulation in rancor.

False equivalency. Neither of those could be put on auto, did much less damage and required more investment.

You can only "auto" after the strategy and setup of the required units under ideal circumstances and rng, which is no different than the strategy to spam zylo aoe 8 times then retreat and repeat. It's the same process
  • Options
    You are going to nerf this team composition that has been available FOR FREE since day 1 of the raid, but nobody has had the insight to actually put it together. Not even your own development team. And neither did the favored player guilds that obviously get preferential treatment.

And now, because somebody had an epiphany and shared it with us, NOW you are going to stomp it into the ground. Why? Because it's not "working as intended." Lame excuse. Everything is working as designed.

It seems to me more like this great idea has embarrassed the upper echelons and suddenly made it much more viable for players with free characters and lower-level guilds to put the HAAT on farming status. Can't have that, can we?

Newsflash, HAAT rewards are not that great anyway. It still takes an eon to gather even a small amount of HAAT exclusive gear to move even one character from g10 to g11. It is actually much more effective to just save crystals and buy what you need from shipments. However, it is still the only place to get Kenobi shards, and a couple of raid-only gear that quite frankly makes little difference when you can only use it on characters already at g11.

But now that the HAAT gear **** is crumbling, you want to patch up the holes to stop the trickle of raid exclusive gear from the little guy that went out on a limb to farm NUTE GUNRAY despite all indications that this was a terrible character. Instead of applauding the ingenuity, you want to punish it.

Dirty pool, I say.

You have all my disappoint.
    Q3esq3J.gif
    Yglq0zT.gif
    1TN81GT.gif

For the record, I do not have Nute myself and use of this strategy has no direct impact on my guilds ability to complete HAAT. But modifying the way it works now just stinks to me.

You need a new gear wall? Build some content, raise the level cap, and introduce g12 and g13.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    i hope they neuter p1 Kylo strategy along with this. I see little difference.

And clones since they can clear a phase too.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    People are right, it's not a bug, it's a design flaw. And EA is right too when they say this flaw has to be fixed.
  • littleBroFives
    203 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So I have a Idea for a Fix but First I would like to get a few things out of the way. I Am a Completely F2P Gamer and have never spent a dine and intends to never spend a dime on app games. I also have all the Jawas in the game to 7 star and from gear 8 to gear 9 i got them strictly for the Mod Challenges. So I do not stand to lose anything because the Devs Fix this issue I got Jawas for a purpose they fulfilled that and now I use them as GW back up when I need them. Here is Proposed Fix that I think won't effect the raid to much but it will change things big time. here is how the Jawa Raid buff could read "whenever A Jawa uses a basic ability they call a random ally to assist unless this ally is a droid the ally cannot score a critical hit but does 250% damage."
    Please If the Devs see this think about making this an option I think this would help the little Jawas be usefully which would be cool I was excited when the got some raid love last year.
    But for your Reasoning to be Legit Devs you need to Fix Zylo too Just Declassify the Escape as a ability or something off that sort. actually I apologize I am not in the world of programming and I think we as consumers underestimate the difficulties of coding A game as complicated as this. Thanks EA CG I think you guys have created A great Game and a wonderful community. (albeit a kinda whinny Community). Keep up the good work and I have been so Happy to see Zaul start to die out in the top 50 of my arena shard were I hover most days
  • Paarngfig
    112 posts Member
    Options
    @EventineElessedil ...you hit the nail on the head... too bad it will fall on deaf ears.

Sure wish CG would react this quickly to "real" game deficiencies...but yet again, deaf ears
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    To me the real debate is about this statement "disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to earn as much from the guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes"

FTFY. It's about the revenue stream. Whales bemoan the fact that there's a cheaper alternative to achieve what they have, and EA sees a potential loss of revenue since guilds as a whole have less need to shell out for gear/shards to clear the HAAT.

Oddly, the whales and conglomerate guilds are mostly silent on this issue. No call to boycott, but I guess this fight doesn't benefit them too much.
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You are going to nerf this team composition that has been available FOR FREE since day 1 of the raid, but nobody has had the insight to actually put it together. Not even your own development team. And neither did the favored player guilds that obviously get preferential treatment.

It has only been possible since 04/25/2017, less than a month, that is why it is only now being found.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106764/game-update-4-25-2017#latest
    Nute Gunray's Leader ability has been adjusted: Turn Meter gain on Critical Hit has been increased to 30/40/50% from 20/25/30% at ranks 3/5/8, but can now only trigger once per turn (i.e., multi-hit, multi-attack, and AoE abilities will only trigger the effect once on the first Critical Hit scored.)

The TM gain of 50% is what made it work. At the previous 30% it would not work.
  • Options
    Let's do an imagination exercise. Let's suppose DEV will allow this stategy as it is and Nute will "live". What's next ?
    I will start also to farm Nute and the gang and apply the strategy. But there is a risk..
    Both Raids are old, really old, and DEV will change and update them just because they should. And then, the strategy will not work, not anymore.
    In conclusion, in my opinion the request to nerf/not nerf Nute it is an emotional request to game difficulty, not a logical request.
    The logical request should be to add content or change something for which are reasons to last more against normal game development.
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    robertohui wrote: »
    Let's do an imagination exercise. Let's suppose DEV will allow this stategy as it is and Nute will "live". What's next ?
    I will start also to farm Nute and the gang and apply the strategy. But there is a risk..
    Both Raids are old, really old, and DEV will change and update them just because they should. And then, the strategy will not work, not anymore.
    In conclusion, in my opinion the request to nerf/not nerf Nute it is an emotional request to game difficulty, not a logical request.
    The logical request should be to add content or change something for which are reasons to last more against normal game development.

That is funny. The only thing that has been updated in the rancor raid has been bug fixes. Nothing to increase it's difficulty.
  • robertohui
    82 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    scuba, you said nothing has been changed, just bug fixed. It has not been changed.. yet
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

And now, because somebody had an epiphany and shared it with us, NOW you are going to stomp it into the ground. Why? Because it's not "working as intended." Lame excuse. Everything is working as designed.

It seems to me more like this great idea has embarrassed the upper echelons and suddenly made it much more viable for players with free characters and lower-level guilds to put the HAAT on farming status. Can't have that, can we?

Newsflash, HAAT rewards are not that great anyway. It still takes an eon to gather even a small amount of HAAT exclusive gear to move even one character from g10 to g11. It is actually much more effective to just save crystals and buy what you need from shipments. However, it is still the only place to get Kenobi shards, and a couple of raid-only gear that quite frankly makes little difference when you can only use it on characters already at g11.

But now that the HAAT gear **** is crumbling, you want to patch up the holes to stop the trickle of raid exclusive gear from the little guy that went out on a limb to farm NUTE GUNRAY despite all indications that this was a terrible character. Instead of applauding the ingenuity, you want to punish it.

Dirty pool, I say.

You have all my disappoint.
    Q3esq3J.gif
    Yglq0zT.gif
    1TN81GT.gif

For the record, I do not have Nute myself and use of this strategy has no direct impact on my guilds ability to complete HAAT. But modifying the way it works now just stinks to me.

You need a new gear wall? Build some content, raise the level cap, and introduce g12 and g13.

Wrong, this is possible only since 1 month when Nute was reworked and kind of buffed.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    I find it funny how the mega thread is "Nute Nuances."

I get the alliteration, but "Nute Nerf" fits that category.

There's nothing nuanced about this.

Nuance Definition: a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound.

There's nothing nuanced about this:
    Gallagher-_Sledgeomatic.gif

• Options
    Come on guys can we please act reasonable here the Devs do not have the Man power to think of and try every team Comp in the game we the Players are there test group essentially and Even professional Games like Halo 5 or something like that that takes years to make still has unforeseen bugs. Can we please cut the Good Devs a little slack and Thank them for an awesome game
  • Options
    The beauty and fun of a game like this is that it keeps changing and We need to be Ok with that when that is what we ask for
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    robertohui wrote: »
    scuba, you said nothing has been changed, just bug fixed. It has not been changed.. yet
    and i don't see anything changing with the difficulty of rancor raid.

3 months after release, mods came out. Mods allowed to utterly destory the pit
    after that level increase with release of zeta new gear level

No adjustments to the rancor raid for either. Just don't see it happening.