Chaze is broken, especially with Rex

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Nute was nerfed because it trivialized both monetary and time investments. Sub leveled, sub starred, sub modded and no zeta teams trivializing high investment teams with multiple zetas, mods maxed gear etc. should fall in the same category IMO.

This is how to grab the devs attention. Max level/star Squads that are g11 and have zeta should be able to defend teams like the one posted.

Yep Chaze is now becoming bad for their bottom line. Thus I foresee a nerf/counter toon/hilarious power creep on the horizon.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I can beat Chaze. That still doesn't mean they're balanced.

Ditto. The problem is they are a OP duo that has everything in two toons.

-Tank
    -Healer
    -Cleanser
    -Debuffer
    -DPS

And the list goes on and on and on.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I think R2 is more OP than Chaze ever was.

R-2 and the 4 ewoks would never win a match.

Chaze and 3 tuskens. Would still win on offense. That's the difference.

GK, DN, and the three tuskans would also win.

Both GK and DN exist on more #1 teams than either Chirrut or Baze.

GK I understand the concept why he's powerful. Darth Nihilus as well I guess, he's one of the most powerful Sith lords in (non) canon. I've said previously that I have no issue with their being powerful toons with awesome abilities, I just question who some of those abilities have been given to. Chaze in my eyes have no reason to be made as ridiculous as they are. By all means give them synergy, but game breaking synergy? I'd expect that to be between someone like GK & Anakin or EP & Vader, not between a blind monk and a guy with a big gun on his back that don't actually do much in the Star Wars universe at the end of the day.

This is a holotable game. The power of toons isn't meant to represent their power in movies or TV.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Nute was nerfed because it trivialized both monetary and time investments. Sub leveled, sub starred, sub modded and no zeta teams trivializing high investment teams with multiple zetas, mods maxed gear etc. should fall in the same category IMO.

This right here is 100% spot on. Very much a double standard IMO.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Stars and level in arena don't count for much.
    And this guy's using the best team you can have without GK, right now.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    REM wrote: »
    ...and it's cool for him to walk all over geared, G11, 7 starred, raid-invested teams for free? That sounds fair to you?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

This is not accurate. Levels are super important. Want to zeta a toon? Get it leveled. Want to move to g11? Better spend those credits to level the hero high enough to equip it.

Stars mean less, but are still important. I would not be surprised if star level of heroes unlocked equipible star level of mods in the future.
  • Pariah_Anathema
    312 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Could be the guy is cheating. Using a hacked version of the game, the same stuff that was happening during tournies. could he possibly be legit beating zaul groups? sure. would he be beating the same group starred up, leveled up, and zeta'd up? not likely. idk but i do believe not all the cheaters have been weeded out yet..
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    ...and it's cool for him to walk all over geared, G11, 7 starred, raid-invested teams for free? That sounds fair to you?

Work smarter not harder.

If you have a max team losing to him you don't know how to organize or mod a team.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    They win on offense and lose on defense. It's not that hard.

Sure, whatever. I don't care.
    80 beating full 7-starred, 85, G11, ZETA'D characters.

Are you serious?

Rex / Chaze is broken lol.
    While I completely agree with chaze being "broken" (I guess that's the word to use) I'm lvl 85 with lvl 80 toons and wreck gear 11 zeta teams daily. My team is gear 10 without zetas and sup par mods. Everyone wins on offense.
    Really now? You can do that with any non-zeta'd, low starred, undergeared characters? Be specific, what team can you pull that off with that isn't Chaze / Rex versus teams that are geared, modded and zeta'd?

Calm down bro, I never said I could do it with any toon nor did you say that any toon could do it. I currently have no toons at gear 11 or any zetas as I stated. I don't use or have the chaze duo, before DN came out, I used either FO who was under starred and gear or I used Phasma lead with CT fives, Kylo, Yoda and opress. Both teams I was able to wreck almost anyone on offense even without max gear and abilities. I'm not defending the situation, just explaining what people are able to do. For awhile now people only needed high gear and mods to do good. Stars mean almost nothing anymore.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Could be the guy is cheating. Using a hacked version of the game, the same **** that was happening during tournies. could he possibly be legit beating zaul groups? sure. would he be beating the same group starred up, leveled up, and zeta'd up? not likely. idk but i do believe not all the cheaters have been weeded out yet..
    He loses at times, but has a higher win ratio. There are also lower levels (around 82-84), granted they are more geared, pulling similar on the shard. I thought he was but this just isn't the case. He's being carried by his comp.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

Work smarter not harder.

If you have a max team losing to him you don't know how to organize or mod a team.
    Guess our entire shard has no idea how to organize their teams either. Guess all our fully geared, high-speed mods, 7-starred characters running good, solid compositions means nothing either.

Are you a Chaze user?
  • Options

Work smarter not harder.

Guess our entire shard has no idea how to organize their teams either. Guess all our fully geared, high-speed mods, 7-starred characters running good, solid compositions means nothing either.

Are you a Chaze user?

Yeah, it looks like your entire shard has no idea how to organize or mod their teams. If you're telling me fully maxed Zaul teams can't penetrate that level 80's team then there is a strong possibility that the majority of your shard suffers from an intellectual disability.
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    Options
    :D Another nerf thread in disguise? :p
  • Options
    From what I've observed from a lack of action, the game isn't broken, everything's proceeding as it should, stuff anyone else who's invested time (probably money too) in any other toon. Your donations to EA are much appreciated, what? You expected some equity from your spending on toons that aren't meta? Don't make me laugh

You're wrong. The fact about the OP is that someone who put $100-$200 on gear (gear 8-10), and say, $300 (roughly) on a 4 star Chaze (with free shards in the fleet shipment for Chirrut to 6 stars) with a 3 star Nihilus and, 5 star R2, and 6 star Rex all level 80 with mediocre mods and no Zetas should absolutely NOT beat a team of someone who spent $400-$500 (or more) on gear to gear 11, used a synergized faction (Sith, since Rex should have no synergy whatsoever with Nihilus or Chaze and R2 never had synergy with any of them from the movies except maybe Rex a little), invested lots of time in ships to get Zetas for Zaul, Zavage, as well as spending many credits and time investing in star levels and farming, are all level 85, and have great 5 dot mods. Does that make sense? With your argument you may as well say that a level 60 Rex, Chaze, R2 and Nihilus, all 4 stars, 2 dot mods, gear 7 should beat a level 80 Zaul, Savage, Palpatine, Sith Assasin, and Sith Trooper, all 6 stars, 4 dot mods, gear 9-10, and have Sith synergy. No, that's just plain wrong. Nerf Rex/Chaze!
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Work smarter not harder.

Are you a Chaze user?

Yeah, it looks like your entire shard has no idea how to organize or mod their teams. If you're telling me fully maxed Zaul teams can't penetrate that level 80's team then there is a strong possibility that the majority of your shard suffers from an intellectual disability.
    /facepalm

Of course we beat this team on offense. Easily.

The gripe is that this undergeared, underleveled, free (in the literal sense of little to no investment) can beat fully maxed teams is questionable.

But you can continue sticking your head in the sand, thinking this is okay.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I think R2 is more OP than Chaze ever was.

R-2 and the 4 ewoks would never win a match.

Chaze and 3 tuskens. Would still win on offense. That's the difference.

Granted.

However, take any arena viable LS arena squad and add R2 and that squad just became much tougher.

zQGJ teams
    GK led teams
    Wedge led teams
    Rex led teams

All teams I could beat easily enough before.

R2 well modded can crit for 17k on his basic. That is WITHOUT Wedge lead.

He stuns reliably, has powerful support buffs and one of the most damaging debuffs in the game, AND he hits like a truck.

Not to mention the cleanse on crit.

I would be cool with all of it if he wasn't so fast and didn't hit so stinking hard.
  • Options
    The only way to legitimately fix them within the entire structure of the game is a nerf. Considering that they are able to pick up and move within any formation of five regardless of faction, the meta will continue to shift and move with them as the backbone. From early shards like mine, to ancient shards, they are the true meta in the game. And it's pretty sad that instead of a team of five, it's a team of chaze plus 3 that can make it to the top at least on offense running any kind of a decent 5 toons.

Fulcrum ashoka gonna be great right? Chaze+ashoka. R2 is awesome right? Chaze+r2. There is an investment financially for most people running baze. But there is a much greater overall revenue that comes in from gear purchases, other character purchases, so on so forth, that there is no way in heck that anyone could say there is not a ceiling to chaze financially for the game. Eventually, there will have to be something to take their place to dip into the wallets after most people already pay for them and nothing left to buy, and that is the power creep to something much worse to take their place.

It's either fix this now, level it out a bit, or its gonna get super crazy the next time around. People recognize this is a problem, even chaze users who have purchased them, there is two ways to fix it, I just hope for the sake of any resemblance of balance, they choose the right option.
  • Options
    From what I've observed from a lack of action, the game isn't broken, everything's proceeding as it should, stuff anyone else who's invested time (probably money too) in any other toon. Your donations to EA are much appreciated, what? You expected some equity from your spending on toons that aren't meta? Don't make me laugh

You're wrong. The fact about the OP is that someone who put $100-$200 on gear (gear 8-10), and say, $300 (roughly) on a 4 star Chaze (with free shards in the fleet shipment for Chirrut to 6 stars) with a 3 star Nihilus and, 5 star R2, and 6 star Rex all level 80 with mediocre mods and no Zetas should absolutely NOT beat a team of someone who spent $400-$500 (or more) on gear to gear 11, used a synergized faction (Sith, since Rex should have no synergy whatsoever with Nihilus or Chaze and R2 never had synergy with any of them from the movies except maybe Rex a little), invested lots of time in ships to get Zetas for Zaul, Zavage, as well as spending many credits and time investing in star levels and farming, are all level 85, and have great 5 dot mods. Does that make sense? With your argument you may as well say that a level 60 Rex, Chaze, R2 and Nihilus, all 4 stars, 2 dot mods, gear 7 should beat a level 80 Zaul, Savage, Palpatine, Sith Assasin, and Sith Trooper, all 6 stars, 4 dot mods, gear 9-10, and have Sith synergy. No, that's just plain wrong. Nerf Rex/Chaze!

It was sarcasm...
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Did I say it was fair?
    I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation to you.

You make 7* characters sound like they mean something, and they really don't for arena.
    Neither Chirrut or Baze can get a zeta, and they don't need one anyway. They are the most broken duo in this game. They can literally do everything: Dispel, cleanse, heal, high damage, debuff, taunt, etc. They are the problem for the most part. Without those 2, I don't think the guy in your arena shard is able to do what he does.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

This is not accurate. Levels are super important. Want to zeta a toon? Get it leveled. Want to move to g11? Better spend those credits to level the hero high enough to equip it.

Stars mean less, but are still important. I would not be surprised if star level of heroes unlocked equipible star level of mods in the future.

Actually, it is accurate. And no, levels for characters that don't need zetas doesn't really make much of a difference. For example: level 80 Chaze isn't much different than level 85 Chaze. And a 4* Baze is pretty much as effective as a 7* Baze in arena. The A.I. is stupid, which negates a lot of things that should be advantages. And Chaze is stupidly broken, which makes anyone who uses them have a much easier time.

You can be in denial about these things if you want, that's your choice.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao on entirety of that team being low stars. What's it's power score?
  • Options

Actually, it is accurate. And no, levels for characters that don't need zetas doesn't really make much of a difference. For example: level 80 Chaze isn't much different than level 85 Chaze. And a 4* Baze is pretty much as effective as a 7* Baze in arena. The A.I. is ****, which negates a lot of things that should be advantages. And Chaze is **** broken, which makes anyone who uses them have a much easier time.

Level 80 and 85 isn't much of a difference? I guess gear 10 and 11 are pretty much the same...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Work smarter not harder.

This is incorrect.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Actually, it is accurate. And no, levels for characters that don't need zetas doesn't really make much of a difference. For example: level 80 Chaze isn't much different than level 85 Chaze. And a 4* Baze is pretty much as effective as a 7* Baze in arena. The A.I. is ****, which negates a lot of things that should be advantages. And Chaze is **** broken, which makes anyone who uses them have a much easier time.

You're talking about baze being good at substar and subgear. Ya. I know. I can see that. How many heroes do you think can work that well?

Almost all heroes cannot get g11 unless they are 85. So yes. Leveling is a huge deal. G11 is much better than g10. Heroes can't use mods unless level 50. So I could argue the level is actually the most important ways to increase a hero.

Underleveled, undergeared, underpstarred toons to the degree the OP has displayed should not be able to compete with completely maxed and zeta heroes.
  • Options

You're talking about baze being good at substar and subgear. Ya. I know. I can see that. How many heroes do you think can work that well?

Almost all heroes cannot get g11 unless they are 85. So yes. Leveling is a huge deal. G11 is much better than g10. Heroes can't use mods unless level 50. So I could argue the level is actually the most important ways to increase a hero.

Underleveled, undergeared, underpstarred toons to the degree the OP has displayed should not be able to compete with completely maxed and zeta heroes.

Hey you say that like you've been playing this game for more than a few months!

Shame on you, and your extensive knowledge.

Have they nerfed Rey yet?
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Options

Any tank can be 3-4* and be just as effective.
    Yet even though you believe this, the proof is that a lower levelled and geared Chaze team is winning just fine. I see it on my shard all the time. It's not something out of the ordinary.
    And yet they can compete just fine being lower starred and levels.

Those things would matter more if these were real PVP battles and not rendered almost trivial because of atrocious A.I.

It is what it is. You can either accept the reality of it or get mad and throw a fit that will do you or anyone else no good whatsoever. The developers will keep making broken toons like Chaze. And the horrible A.I. is ALWAYS going to be one of the biggest factors in the outcome of an arena match.

• REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Level 80 and 85 isn't much of a difference? I guess gear 10 and 11 are pretty much the same...

Maybe you should re-read the first post in this thread again. And then edit your comment appropriately. :)
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Any tank can be 3-4* and be just as effective.
    Yet even though you believe this, the proof is that a lower levelled and geared Chaze team is winning just fine. I see it on my shard all the time. It's not something out of the ordinary.
    And yet they can compete just fine being lower starred and levels.

Those things would matter more if these were real PVP battles and not rendered almost trivial because of atrocious A.I.

It is what it is. You can either accept the reality of it or get mad and throw a fit that will do you or anyone else no good whatsoever. The developers will keep making broken toons like Chaze. And the horrible A.I. is ALWAYS going to be one of the biggest factors in the outcome of an arena match.

Or, we can try to change things. It seems like you have just given up.

Also, if looked at the OPs photo, you'd see there is only 1 tank in the team. Yet they can compete with the with big boys. All the intent of this thread is to display evidence that these toons don't have to be maxed out to be extremely effective. So what does that mean? I'll tell you tiger, it's means these toons are very good and outclass a lot of other toons. Soooooooooooo, this means people who own them don't have to spend so much and have no incentive to do so. Why? Cuz they can already hit the pinnacle of "pvp" and climbed the mountain without all the hard work.

Do you think that is a good model for game health? Oh wait. You want it to just stay the status quo. Cool. So with that, do you expect power creep to come in and make these heroes less relevant? Or are you totally okay with having the best possible toons this game has to offer ? Forever!