Chaze is broken, especially with Rex

Replies

• MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll just restate it, there is a ceiling to chaze, eventually most people who are going to invest in them will have done so with nothing else left to buy. That is when they will meet their demise. People also buy other characters, gear, crystals, ECT. That is a lot more purchasing power overall then the investment you can make for only two characters. The proper way for balance would be to nerf them/change their synergy, but the way that they will end up doing this will be releasing chaze 2.0. And then the meta will be chaze 2.0 plus chaze. And that is truly game breaking. Now there are counters if you want to consistently beat the duo, after the power creep nerf to chaze with chaze 2.0, good luck.

Do it the right way ea, choose to keep the income flowing from the rest of the 99.9 percent of the things in game to buy, don't rely specifically on two characters to bring home the bacon.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    From what I've observed from a lack of action, the game isn't broken, everything's proceeding as it should, stuff anyone else who's invested time (probably money too) in any other toon. Your donations to EA are much appreciated, what? You expected some equity from your spending on toons that aren't meta? Don't make me laugh
    Yeah, god forbid people want to be able to play the game without conforming to what everyone else is doing.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    REM wrote: »

You're talking about baze being good at substar and subgear. Ya. I know. I can see that. How many heroes do you think can work that well?
    Any tank can be 3-4* and be just as effective.
    Almost all heroes cannot get g11 unless they are 85. So yes. Leveling is a huge deal. G11 is much better than g10. Heroes can't use mods unless level 50. So I could argue the level is actually the most important ways to increase a hero.
    Yet even though you believe this, the proof is that a lower levelled and geared Chaze team is winning just fine. I see it on my shard all the time. It's not something out of the ordinary.
    Underleveled, undergeared, underpstarred toons to the degree the OP has displayed should not be able to compete with completely maxed and zeta heroes.
    And yet they can compete just fine being lower starred and levels.

Those things would matter more if these were real PVP battles and not rendered almost trivial because of atrocious A.I.

It is what it is. You can either accept the reality of it or get mad and throw a fit that will do you or anyone else no good whatsoever. The developers will keep making broken toons like Chaze. And the horrible A.I. is ALWAYS going to be one of the biggest factors in the outcome of an arena match.

Or, we can try to change things. It seems like you have just given up.

Also, if looked at the OPs photo, you'd see there is only 1 tank in the team. Yet they can compete with the with big boys. All the intent of this thread is to display evidence that these toons don't have to be maxed out to be extremely effective. So what does that mean? I'll tell you tiger, it's means these toons are very good and outclass a lot of other toons. Soooooooooooo, this means people who own them don't have to spend so much and have no incentive to do so. Why? Cuz they can already hit the pinnacle of "pvp" and climbed the mountain without all the hard work.

Do you think that is a good model for game health? Oh wait. You want it to just stay the status quo. Cool. So with that, do you expect power creep to come in and make these heroes less relevant? Or are you totally okay with having the best possible toons this game has to offer ? Forever!

You obviously aren't paying much attention. They just added another OP'd toon with R2. And in a few days there'll be yet another one with the new Ashoka. Because rebels aren't OP'd enough already. And the devs care so much about balance, that they just did an Empire pass and the best characters to come out of it -- by far -- are 2 rebels, Ashoka and R2. That's some great comedy, really.

Do you have any idea how much money the devs have made off of Chaze? How much more they will make off of Ashoka? People with more money than sense that think 7* is ultra important will be giving their money away in droves on ridiculously overpriced packs for 5 shards a pop. $11 for 5 shards! As long as that keeps happening, nothing will change, tiger.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    It's possible they might be using some kind of hack. Which would only work on offense. Otherwise I can't really see it. That's an amazing team. But with mediocre mods and average gear they shouldn't be able to knock out number one on shards of any caliber to speak of.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Lmao on entirety of that team being low stars. What's it's power score?
    36k previously

Stars and level in arena don't count for much.
    And this guy's using the best team you can have without GK, right now.
    ...and it's cool for him to walk all over geared, G11, 7 starred, raid-invested teams for free? That sounds fair to you?

Did I say it was fair?
    I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation to you.

You make 7* characters sound like they mean something, and they really don't for arena.
    Neither Chirrut or Baze can get a zeta, and they don't need one anyway. They are the most broken duo in this game. They can literally do everything: Dispel, cleanse, heal, high damage, debuff, taunt, etc. They are the problem for the most part. Without those 2, I don't think the guy in your arena shard is able to do what he does.
    We're on the same page, really, though I'd like to drift more from stars and onto gear which should rightfully be a factor. It clearly isn't. Zetas should also be as well. It isn't either. There's something awfully upsetting about working hard (and spending $$) on your team only to watch it not even matter. Chaze is F2P at this point, so you don't really even have to spend anything on them -- just farm it to 3-4 stars and g8-g9 and you're set. You can tackle maxed out teams.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of toons don't need a lot of stars (and this certainly is one of those) but they do need good gear and decent mods.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    A lot of toons don't need a lot of stars (and this certainly is one of those) but they do need good gear and decent mods.
    Forget stars.

Chaze / Rex doesn't even need gear or high powered mods.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Looking at their squad battles won they've probably been playing less than six months. So maybe it's just a younger shard. Are you sure they don't have decent gear?
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    From what I've observed from a lack of action, the game isn't broken, everything's proceeding as it should, stuff anyone else who's invested time (probably money too) in any other toon. Your donations to EA are much appreciated, what? You expected some equity from your spending on toons that aren't meta? Don't make me laugh
    Yeah, god forbid people want to be able to play the game without conforming to what everyone else is doing.

But that's the model for this game now. Release OP'd characters, sit back and get PAID.
    Why would they change that? The people who spend the most money have spoken - give us an OP'd character that will make us win and we will happily give you way too much money.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    That is one of the meta teams right now and 2 of those characters are very difficult to get.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Forget stars.

That's not true. They need gear. They're totally beatable with certain toons well.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Go back and look at baze's protection. He's not very good until gear 10
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Forget stars.

That's not true. They need gear. They're totally beatable with certain toons well.
    As the posted player continues to beat G11 toons w/ G9? Keep in mind this picture is a few days late. I monitored this player because I was in disbelief this was actually happening. He's had time to add an additional star plus G10 to Baze / Chir.
  • Options

But that's the model for this game now. Release OP'd characters, sit back and get PAID.
    Why would they change that? The people who spend the most money have spoken - give us an OP'd character that will make us win and we will happily give you way too much money.
    I understand the motivations of the developers and the whales. But criticizing someone for not wanting to buy into that model is both unfair and absurd.

• Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Having him and gk together is very specific to beat, especially with Rex and r2. You're going to want to not crit or play Rex lead yourself. The addition of R2 makes that team even more difficult. The fact that they dropped so much proves that they are very beatable though.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    What are you running in your arena squad?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Having him and gk together is very specific to beat, especially with Rex and r2. You're going to want to not crit or play Rex lead yourself. The addition of R2 makes that team even more difficult. The fact that they dropped so much proves that they are very beatable though.
    You are completely missing the point.

• Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I understand the motivations of the developers and the whales. But criticizing someone for not wanting to buy into that model is both unfair and absurd.

A free to play DN lead Sith team can beat this team. For starters....
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

You're talking about baze being good at substar and subgear. Ya. I know. I can see that. How many heroes do you think can work that well?
    Any tank can be 3-4* and be just as effective.
    Almost all heroes cannot get g11 unless they are 85. So yes. Leveling is a huge deal. G11 is much better than g10. Heroes can't use mods unless level 50. So I could argue the level is actually the most important ways to increase a hero.
    Yet even though you believe this, the proof is that a lower levelled and geared Chaze team is winning just fine. I see it on my shard all the time. It's not something out of the ordinary.
    Underleveled, undergeared, underpstarred toons to the degree the OP has displayed should not be able to compete with completely maxed and zeta heroes.
    And yet they can compete just fine being lower starred and levels.

Those things would matter more if these were real PVP battles and not rendered almost trivial because of atrocious A.I.

It is what it is. You can either accept the reality of it or get mad and throw a fit that will do you or anyone else no good whatsoever. The developers will keep making broken toons like Chaze. And the horrible A.I. is ALWAYS going to be one of the biggest factors in the outcome of an arena match.

Or, we can try to change things. It seems like you have just given up.

Also, if looked at the OPs photo, you'd see there is only 1 tank in the team. Yet they can compete with the with big boys. All the intent of this thread is to display evidence that these toons don't have to be maxed out to be extremely effective. So what does that mean? I'll tell you tiger, it's means these toons are very good and outclass a lot of other toons. Soooooooooooo, this means people who own them don't have to spend so much and have no incentive to do so. Why? Cuz they can already hit the pinnacle of "pvp" and climbed the mountain without all the hard work.

Do you think that is a good model for game health? Oh wait. You want it to just stay the status quo. Cool. So with that, do you expect power creep to come in and make these heroes less relevant? Or are you totally okay with having the best possible toons this game has to offer ? Forever!

You obviously aren't paying much attention. They just added another OP'd toon with R2. And in a few days there'll be yet another one with the new Ashoka. Because rebels aren't OP'd enough already. And the devs care so much about balance, that they just did an Empire pass and the best characters to come out of it -- by far -- are 2 rebels, Ashoka and R2. That's some great comedy, really.

Do you have any idea how much money the devs have made off of Chaze? How much more they will make off of Ashoka? People with more money than sense that think 7* is ultra important will be giving their money away in droves on ridiculously overpriced packs for 5 shards a pop. $11 for 5 shards! As long as that keeps happening, nothing will change, tiger.

What is the point spending money when she is given away for free in the marque events. I mean. She should be able so blindly win at 3* g10 and level 80. Why even bother using her zeta?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

A free to play DN lead Sith team can beat this team.
    We are not talking about winning. We can do that (picture even shows he dropped rank, clearly he can be beaten) We are discussing the fact that his undergeared, underleveled, non-zeta'd, minimally invested team is able to stand toe to toe with zeta'd, maxed geared teams.

This is the point.

Stay on topic.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

No. I'm really not. It's a tough team. Your assuming all teams should have a fair shake but that's not how the game works. You have to counter.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I just beat that team last night in gw. I know some counters..... Learn to roll with how the game actually is. Or don't play it.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

No. I'm really not
    Yes, you are. ---v

A free to play DN lead Sith team can beat this team.
    We are not talking about winning. We can do that (picture even shows he dropped rank, clearly he can be beaten) We are discussing the fact that his undergeared, underleveled, non-zeta'd, minimally invested team is able to stand toe to toe with zeta'd, maxed geared teams.

This is the point.

Stay on topic.

• REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze is F2P at this point, so you don't really even have to spend anything on them -- just farm it to 3-4 stars and g8-g9 and you're set. You can tackle maxed out teams.

Chirrut, you can reasonably farm for free. But Baze crystals in shipments are still going to sell as long as he only has one hard node at end game that many people don't have access to or can't even beat. And then if you do beat it, you finally get to unlock him 3 months later. Lol

And yeah, Rex/Chaze is broken. You don't need good mods, as Rex speeds up your team with a ton of turn meter boosts. And good luck trying to kill Rex quickly when Baze starts with an auto taunt and then re-taunts every time Chirrut breaks a finger nail.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Thread saved, thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding Aero.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    This threads a joke. So you basically are saying if your team has more power then the opposing team, you should win. Why not just put in a "win" button that the team with the most power can skip the fight and press. I've lost to many teams where I was 5k+ more than my opponent in power in both arena and fleet battles, and I've also been on the other side where I was the underdog and won. Suck it up buttercup.
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Options
    Guy makes a bad team choice, loses to guy who did better team choice and starts topic here.

If toons were created equal, it wouldn't be a game of choices. Choices wouldn't matter. If you want such environment, try different game, chess. (although I do not know what would you do with the advantage of white starting..)

But amount of abilities means that there will always be better choice and worse choice. There will always be META. Even if they tried, only way to have equal chances of different teams is "chess" = same abilities...
    What do you think would happen if they nerf chaze? There would be different META and once again you would cry if it is not something you have? Until your favourite team ends up on top?

Who picks better, wins more. Who picks worse, wins less. And when someone picking (close to) best (he) meets someone who does not, he does not even need so much gear and mods. Until he meets someone who did even better choice of dedicating resources to gearing that team up. Or better team. Or team which works without too much gear and can beat him 60% times on offense and can beat anyone else 80%+.
    Choices, choices, choices...
  • Options
    It's a EA/CG bot they are everywhere, it's fine
  • Options
    Platzman wrote: »
    Guy makes a bad team choice, loses to guy who did better team choice and starts topic here.

If toons were created equal, it wouldn't be a game of choices. Choices wouldn't matter. If you want such environment, try different game, chess. (although I do not know what would you do with the advantage of white starting..)

But amount of abilities means that there will always be better choice and worse choice. There will always be META. Even if they tried, only way to have equal chances of different teams is "chess" = same abilities...
    What do you think would happen if they nerf chaze? There would be different META and once again you would cry if it is not something you have? Until your favourite team ends up on top?

Who picks better, wins more. Who picks worse, wins less. And when someone picking (close to) best (he) meets someone who does not, he does not even need so much gear and mods. Until he meets someone who did even better choice of dedicating resources to gearing that team up. Or better team. Or team which works without too much gear and can beat him 60% times on offense and can beat anyone else 80%+.
    Choices, choices, choices...
    Lilpup wrote: »
    This threads a joke. So you basically are saying if your team has more power then the opposing team, you should win. Why not just put in a "win" button that the team with the most power can skip the fight and press. I've lost to many teams where I was 5k+ more than my opponent in power in both arena and fleet battles, and I've also been on the other side where I was the underdog and won. Suck it up buttercup.
    Two of the most asinine, openly blatant, shockingly dyslexic, biased posts I've seen on these forums in weeks. Congratulations. I'm impressed.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I think R2 is more OP than Chaze ever was.

R-2 and the 4 ewoks would never win a match.

Chaze and 3 tuskens. Would still win on offense. That's the difference.

What? I run Chaze under Jyn lead with K2/cassian, and I sure can't beat everyone. I have +90 on Chirrut.