Character reveal Megathread

Replies

• Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    EU Fans, u got your wish, now make sure you spend money on him so we don't have to.
    Now please shut up and don't ask for anymore EU characters that only 10 people know of...

15 million plus people know about him, but I'm guessing you failed math.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    EU Fans, u got your wish, now make sure you spend money on him so we don't have to.
    Now please shut up and don't ask for anymore EU characters that only 10 people know of...

Yes let's keep asking for nightsisters who no one cares about. Fact is most of the EU characters are just more interesting as characters. What did Jango ever do? Besides be a glorified **** donor and get his head chopped off like a punk? P.S. Thrawn is canon now.

What did Jango ever do?.

Quite allot if you read the EU.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.
    Slightly more than Krennic.

Anyway, I think the problem was word choice. When they said "Fan Favorite" they were mistakenly thinking in terms of fans of many things--people who like what they like. But nerds on the internet are a different breed of fan, more solipsistic. So when you say "Fan Favorite" they read it as "Your Favorite," and if the character happens to be anyone other than their favorite character, they get mad because "WHAT FAN LIKES THAT CHARACTER?!"

The moral of the story is that there are more fans with more opinions than yours. So what qualifies as a fan favorite doesn't necessarily mean it's the dude--and it's always a dude in this scenario--you want it to be.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    What did Jango ever do?.

My point is more than those calling Jango more of a fan favorite than Thrawn, likely never read any of Jangos best accomplishments because it was a comic run, or played the Bounty Hunter game.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Yes let's keep asking for nightsisters who no one cares about. Fact is most of the EU characters are just more interesting as characters. What did Jango ever do? Besides be a glorified **** donor and get his head chopped off like a punk? P.S. Thrawn is canon now.

What did Jango ever do?.

Quite allot if you read the EU.

My point exactly lol. Jango in the movies was whatever. You have to go outside the movies to get a lot of stuff. Some of the posters here think if it's not in the movies it doesn't count end of story.
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

Anyway, I think the problem was word choice. When they said "Fan Favorite" they were mistakenly thinking in terms of fans of many things--people who like what they like. But nerds on the internet are a different breed of fan, more solipsistic. So when you say "Fan Favorite" they read it as "Your Favorite," and if the character happens to be anyone other than their favorite character, they get mad because "WHAT FAN LIKES THAT CHARACTER?!"

The moral of the story is that there are more fans with more opinions than yours. So what qualifies as a fan favorite doesn't necessarily mean it's the dude--and it's always a dude in this scenario--you want it to be.

Sure but there are a plethora of characters to choose from. Think about all the popular videogames or even from the movies themselves! Instead we get a character that is known for being in a book series the majority of star wars fan probably didn't read. Announcing it being a fan favorite is baffling considering all the more well known and more liked characters.
  • Options
    For all those not knowing about Thrawn and already dismissing it... you would be gladly surprised if u read the books (Thrawn trilogy), then be amazed this character appeared in the SW universe so many years ago...
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

Sure but there are a plethora of characters to choose from. Think about all the popular videogames or even from the movies themselves! Instead we get a character that is known for being in a book series the majority of star wars fan probably didn't read. Announcing it being a fan favorite is baffling considering all the more well known and more liked characters.

Thrawn is only matched by characters in the likes of Revan or Darth Bane.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

You sir made me learn a new word today and for that I salute you.

Hope thrawn (99.9% sure it is obviously thrawn) is an empire cleanser.
  • Options
    Who's Jango again ? Do more than 3 people from this forum know ? I am more familiar with DJango.
  • wittsbm
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Okay thrawn isn't MY fan favorite, and I WAS hopping for Jango, who happens to be one of my favourite characters in large part due to his back story in EU.

BUT there is no denying that thrawn IS a fan favourite, and this reveal is a win for a lot of players

And for them that's awesome. I know if it were reversed and Jango was revealed I'd be stoked and a lot of other players would be disappointed it's just the way it is, in the meantime we got a pretty good roster of characters for everyone!
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

With all due respect to your opinion, Thrawn is no match for neither Revan, nor Darth Bane. He remaines as a secondary character compared to those two (as of SW lore).

I won't deny that I'm disappointed with the choice of the new character, I'd like to see Revan for sure, or Galen Marek, still I'm ok with it, if he makes an Empire team viable. What I dislike about it is he is not selected as fan favorite because of his place in EU, but Disney's Rebels.
  • Options
    Boreas wrote: »
    What did Jango ever do?.

With all due respect to your opinion, Thrawn is no match for neither Revan, nor Darth Bane. He remaines as a secondary character compared to those two (as of SW lore).

I won't deny that I'm disappointed with the choice of the new character, I'd like to see Revan for sure, or Galen Marek, still I'm ok with it, if he makes an Empire team viable. What I dislike about it is he is not selected as fan favorite because of his place in EU, but Disney's Rebels.

It very much depends on which lore you read.

When it comes to Legends novels the major conflict was the Yuuzhan Vong war.

Thrawn and Palpatine are both major players who tried to find a way to combat the unknown theat they knew was coming.

Interestingly Zhan included this aspect of Thrawn into his new novel but we no longer know what the threat is (Snoke maybe?)

Revan in the grand scheme of things is equivalent to Thrawn.

Bane well... Canonically he created the rule of two..... but all his lore is in Legends so we dont know how large of life he was but his Legacy reached Palps
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the fan favorite is Spector Thrawn
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

Thrawn and Palpatine are both major players who tried to find a way to combat the unknown theat they knew was coming.

Interestingly Zhan included this aspect of Thrawn into his new novel but we no longer know what the threat is (Snoke maybe?)

Bane well... Canonically he created the rule of two..... but all his lore is in Legends so we dont know how large of life he was but his Legacy reached Palps

Thrawn has an importance of course, I never denied that, but imho his importance is political/military in a short period. Revan and Bane changed the course of things in the galaxy forever and left undying legacies. I did not mean to dismiss Thrawn, but Revan and Bane are on a much higher place few, if any can reach.
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

He was selected for Rebels due to being a fan favorite from the EU. He was originally supposed to make an appearance in the clone wars show (and for the record so was Revan & Malak who are still being considered for season 4) so saying he's a fan favorite because of Rebels isn't entirely accurate.
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

Thrawn has an importance of course, I never denied that, but imho his importance is political/military in a short period. Revan and Bane changed the course of things in the galaxy forever and left undying legacies. I did not mean to dismiss Thrawn, but Revan and Bane are on a much higher place few, if any can reach.

Revan really isnt. He barely had any lasting impact other than being a powerfull being that other Sith wished they could be.

Thrawn however charted the unknown region for the empire which allowed the remenants to escape and form the First Order.

So in the new canon..... Without Thrawn.... you would have no First Order.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

He was selected for Rebels due to being a fan favorite from the EU. He was originally supposed to make an appearance in the clone wars show (and for the record so was Revan & Malak who are still being considered for season 4) so saying he's a fan favorite because of Rebels isn't entirely accurate.

Let me make it clear, I never denied his place in EU, but it's apparent that his recent popularity is from Rebels kid show, anyone is free to deny it of course.
    What did Jango ever do?.

Revan really isnt. He barely had any lasting impact other than being a powerfull being that other Sith wished they could be.

Thrawn however charted the unknown region for the empire which allowed the remenants to escape and form the First Order.

Revan really is,... and for "new canon" believe me I'd wholeheartedly accept the absence of all of it :)
  • Options
    Who's Thrawn?
    Is he from the computer games or the cartoons?
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

Let me make it clear, I never denied his place in EU, but it's apparent that his recent popularity is from Rebels kid show, anyone is free to deny it of course.
    What did Jango ever do?.

Revan really is,... and for "new canon" believe me I'd wholeheartedly accept the absence of all of it :)

Revan really isnt.

Hes a fan favorite like Thrawn... but definately had no lasting impact on the galaxy.

Bane definately did.
  • Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

What did Jango ever do?.

Thrawn has always been popular. It's just meow more people are exposed to him from the TV show.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    What did Jango ever do?.

What did Jango ever do?.

Revan really isnt.

Hes a fan favorite like Thrawn... but definately had no lasting impact on the galaxy.

Bane definately did.
    What did Jango ever do?.

What did Jango ever do?.

Revan really isnt.

Bane definately did.

Talking about revan in 2017 LUL LUL LUL
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Causality is reversed there. His existence in SW:R is due to his immense, lasting popularity with many long-time SW fans.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    So it's another one from the kids cartoon?

Meh.
  • Options
    Not a fan of Thrawn at all but I'm still excited because it could potentially be a new fleet commander and new ships. GIVE ME TIE BOMBER AND B-WING!
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options

Meh.

In kids cartoon because he was already popular.. not the other way round.

It's not hard people! :)
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, he's from the cartoon the same way that Vader, Maul, Lando, Leia, etc. are, as well.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Me2 wrote: »

Meh.

In kids cartoon because he was already popular.. not the other way round.

It's not hard people! :)

And now he is in the game not because of EU but because of Kids' cartoon, I guess it's too hard for some to get it.
  • wittsbm
    22 posts Member
    Options
    gorjdesign wrote: »
    Who's Jango again ? Do more than 3 people from this forum know ? I am more familiar with DJango.

I'll humor this one... jango had more screen time than maul, is front and center on the poster for attack of the clones, out maneuvered kenobi in a dog fight, had his own solo video game, was the top Bounty hunter of his time, he's the genetic blueprint for every clone to be perfect soldiers in the clone wars, he "fathered" Boba fett.. the ultimate fan favourite, and was taken out by Mace Windu who (arguably) bested sidious which yoda couldn't do.

Just a reminder of who Jango is. Django wouldn't stand a chance
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    wittsbm wrote: »
    gorjdesign wrote: »

I'll humor this one... jango had more screen time than maul, is front and center on the poster for attack of the clones, out maneuvered kenobi in a dog fight, had his own solo video game, was the top Bounty hunter of his time, he's the genetic blueprint for every clone to be perfect soldiers in the clone wars, he "fathered" Boba fett.. the ultimate fan favourite, and was taken out by Mace Windu who (arguably) bested sidious which yoda couldn't do.

Just a reminder of who Jango is. Django wouldn't stand a chance

Which Django? The unchained ex-slave one? Or the original Franco Nero?
This discussion has been closed.