Character reveal Megathread

Replies

• Options
    I think I'll just log into the game whenever this goes live. Really no interest at all in anything EA Play.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    Guys, what if this is just a clever ruse? I'm still rooting for Jango

One can hope. Mainly because all their hints pointed to Jango. Definitely none of their hints pointed to Thrawn.

So if it is Thrawn then their hints are no longer worth anything.

I'm still kinda hyped for Thrawn because I assume he's a cleanser and a rebel destroyer (later Chaze). But Jango would probably be more universal like Boba. Thrawn is niche.

I have 40 pieces of Zeta and 20,000 crystals ready for Jango, but for Thrawn? Nah, not really interested.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Yoda event or marquee?
    Yoda event-
    Phoenix ?
    Empire/Imperial trooper (ty smithie d)
    Surprise twist - ships?

Marquee- we want ze monies zebowski!

I ve only watched the movies before I started playing this game. Then watched CW then Rebels. Now I'm branching off and reading some of the books. Honestly for those that do not know of Thrawn he is really cool and I suggest you read the new book.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    If Thrawn he'll come with a ship improvement or something. Probably finally adding droids/enchantments like mods.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    To anyone who hasn't read any of the Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn and still hopes the reveal character is jango fett...
    Please do yourself a big favour and read them.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    To anyone who hasn't read any of the Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn and still hopes the reveal character is jango fett...

Oh, I'm still ok with it being Thrawn, especially if he's a cleanser and Chaze killer.

But none of their hints make sense for him. Like at all. Plus he'll be a niche character while Jango would've probably been universally used like Boba in many areas of the game.

But I'll still take Thrawn.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly believe that the people who aren't fans of Thrawn simply haven't read any of the Zahn books. I can't imagine reading any of those books and not being a Thrawn fan.
    The SW:R character is a pale imitation of the book Thrawn.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    But none of their hints make sense for him. Like at all.
    Oh, really? We've had three hints: "fan favorite", "shrouded in secrecy, but worth the wait", and the photo.
    How does he not fit those hints, "like at all"?
    Plus he'll be a niche character while Jango would've probably been universally used like Boba in many areas of the game.
    How on earth do you think you can make that assessment without seeing a kit for either one?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I honestly believe that the people who aren't fans of Thrawn simply haven't read any of the Zahn books. I can't imagine reading any of those books and not being a Thrawn fan.
    The SW:R character is a pale imitation of the book Thrawn.

Yeah, Thrawn is a beast for sure. But unless you read books or saw this last season of Rebels you don't know who he is.

Jango was in the actual movies that most fans know. Only super fans read books and/or watch the CGI cartoons.

And again, the hints the Devs gave could be tied to Jango, not to Thrawn. That, and they said they were done with Empire. Yet here we are looking at another Empire toon that is probably Thrawn.

I'll give it a 1% chance that this is a big troll job by the Devs but not a good bet.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    But none of their hints make sense for him. Like at all.
    Oh, really? We've had three hints: "fan favorite", "shrouded in secrecy, but worth the wait", and the photo.
    How does he not fit those hints, "like at all"?
    Plus he'll be a niche character while Jango would've probably been universally used like Boba in many areas of the game.
    How on earth do you think you can make that assessment without seeing a kit for either one?

Jango fits fan favorite. More people know him over Thrawn. For sure.

"Shrouded in secrecy" - Clone program was shrouded in secrecy.

"Redacted" event - Kamino was Redacted from the Jedi archives.

Devs said a long time ago they were goin to do something big for Separatists, yet they have not. Plus we have a Jedi Capital ship, Empire Capital ship, Republic Capital ship, but no Separatists.

One Grevious rework that makes him a ship commander and boom. All wrapped up in a nice bow.
  • Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Also Thrawn makes sense. The Fulcrum gif that they used dipicted the exact moment that Thrawn hijacked Fulcrums transmission to the Rebels. So it kind of just makes sense that it was teasing both Fulcrum and Thrawn.

The pop-up mentioned new content. What do y'all think that will be? I'm guessing Thrawn will likely be released with a new Capital Ship, since you can't really have a Grand Admiral without one now can you? Since we already have an Imperial Capital Ship however, I would also guess that we'll see some significant changes to the ship content sometime this month

Thrawn needs to have a capital ship and he HAS to be OP in ship battles (not so much in regular arena)
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I could infer Jango being more universal because he's a bounty hunter, mercenary, whatever you wanna call it. Like Boba.

Since Thrawn is an empire character it's safe to say that he's only gonna affect Empire toons. And probably be a rebel destroyer based on his story.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing that "ties" Thrawn to it being him is the picture in the pop up.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Jango was in the actual movies that most fans know. Only super fans read books and/or watch the CGI cartoons.
    Meh, Zahn's Empire trilogy has sold more than 15 million copies. They're the most well known of all the Star Wars novels, and they're what started the EU in the first place.
    And Jango had less than 5 minutes of screen time. He was a bit character whose main claim to fame are his clones (including his "son").
    That, and they said they were done with Empire.
    I think they said they were done with the Empire faction pass, not simply done with Empire characters.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, Zahn's Empire trilogy has sold more than 15 million copies. They're the most well known of all the Star Wars novels, and they're what started the EU in the first place.
    And Jango had less than 5 minutes of screen time. He was a bit character whose main claim to fame are his clones (including his "son").
    That, and they said they were done with Empire.
    I think they said they were done with the Empire faction pass, not simply done with Empire characters.

Yes, exactly. Jango was a big part of the story of the Emperor's takeover, even if he had little screen time.

Boba had little screen time too, and EVERYONE knows him.

More people watched the movies than read those books.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    but will they include the ysalamiri with thrawn?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

Not only that, the popularity of the Thrawn trilogy is what made George Lucas make the prequels.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Jango fits fan favorite. More people know him over Thrawn. For sure.
    "More people" != fans
    "know" != favor
    "Shrouded in secrecy" - Clone program was shrouded in secrecy.
    The clones were secret. Jango wasn't.
    "Redacted" event - Kamino was Redacted from the Jedi archives.
    "Redacted" has a literal meaning, and the words "redacted" and "Kamino" are not used together as often as I think you're implying that they are. A stretch is a stretch.
    Devs said a long time ago they were goin to do something big for Separatists, yet they have not. Plus we have a Jedi Capital ship, Empire Capital ship, Republic Capital ship, but no Separatists.

One Grevious rework that makes him a ship commander and boom. All wrapped up in a nice bow.
    Jango was not a separatist. He did some "work" for Dooku, but his clones served first the Republic, and then the Empire. I'm not sure how you get some vague past mention of a separatist faction pass to be indicative of a current release for Jango.

And Jango would have nothing to do with a separatist capital ship.
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    but will they include the ysalamiri with thrawn?

Probably indirectly, like one of his uniques could be releated to their abilities.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Options
    At first I thought it was a silhouette of Tarkin, because he's the June shard this month....guess it's Thrace. Nice!
  • Options
    Just pointing out that the trilogy in question is actually the "heir to the empire" to avoid any confusion.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I've never heard of him. I would think fan favorite would be someone that all the fans of star wars have heard of. Not just those who watch star wars cartoons or read comic books.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Its jabba the hutt, like I said. Case closed.

Exactly what i was thinking along with 2 Tuskens
  • Options

Disturbingly yes........ that look exactly like Thrawn.... with White skin and normal eyes.

Like **** thats off putting
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Yeah I've never heard of him. I would think fan favorite would be someone that all the fans of star wars have heard of. Not just those who watch star wars cartoons or read comic books.

The dudes been around longer than ive been alive.

Its not like Thrawn is a new character
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

So your star wars knowledge is limited to the movies. Gotcha. Doesn't mean Thrawn isn't a fan fav. Revan is a fan fav also. So is Mara Jade(introduced in the Thrawn trilogy btw) do yourself a favor and get into the lore of star wars. Will make the movies better.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Why would you feel only those who have seen the movies are the fans?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, exactly. Jango was a big part of the story of the Emperor's takeover, even if he had little screen time.
    Jango was a tool in the Emperor's plan. His DNA was a "big part", but he, himself wasn't.
    And Jango ain't Boba.
    Not everyone who watched the one movie that he was in are even a fan of Star Wars, let alone that particular movie. And not everyone who is a fan of Star Wars who watched that movie considers Jango a favorite.

I would hazard a guess that a much, much higher percentage of people who read the Zahn books consider Thrawn a favorite than the percentage of people who watched Ep2 consider Jango a favorite.
    And pretty much every single person who read those books is a Star Wars fan, by definition.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Why would you feel only those who have seen the movies are the fans?

I mean i guess you could have seen the movies and not be a fan, like if after watching them you decided that you weren't a fan.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Jango was a tool in the Emperor's plan. His DNA was a "big part", but he, himself wasn't.
    And Jango ain't Boba.
    Not everyone who watched the one movie that he was in are even a fan of Star Wars, let alone that particular movie. And not everyone who is a fan of Star Wars who watched that movie considers Jango a favorite.

I would hazard a guess that a much, much higher percentage of people who read the Zahn books consider Thrawn a favorite than the percentage of people who watched Ep2 consider Jango a favorite.
    And pretty much every single person who read those books is a Star Wars fan, by definition.

Yeah i wouldnt consider Jango a fan favorite.
This discussion has been closed.