Territory Battles and what we(think we)know. [merged]

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    DeepChu wrote: »
    Actually the 30 people who did 30 get 30 themselves. The other 20 people who did nothing get nothing. I don't remember in which part read it, but I'm pretty sure that is the way it will work.
    Not quite. If all 50 members participate in the TB, but only 30 are able to do the special challenge mission for ROLO shards, then all 50 will get 30 shards each. But if a player doesn't participate in the TB at all, then they won't get those 30 shards.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    BOLD PREDICTION: Within six months we'll have a Naboo Territory Battle that will give Padme.

SECOND BOLD PREDICTION: Within a year we'll have a Scariff Territory Battle that gives......... SOMETHING.

BOLDEST PREDICTION: Folks will be mad about something next week.

I think the battles an maps are being developed now and Faction passes will dictate what character is given. Geonosis, Jango. Starkiller base, Hux. Space battle corosaunt, JKA star fighter. Death Star 1 space, Red 5.
  • Options
    RevJJ82 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this mode a lot. I am in a guild with a lot of casual or ftp players and am probably one of the top players in terms of roster etc. Will I mind that my 'hard work' will give less active, or newer players rewards as well? Nope. I like helping my guild members out, and I hope it strengthens the guild as a whole. So I hope that is what this new mode will accomplish.
    Congratulations on being a healthy, well-adjusted individual now what are you doing here with all these degenerates who don't understand this is a video game? ;)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    We also know that there is a timer. We don't know yet what the timer represents (e.g. time required to defeat a particular Territory in a certain timeframe).
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    We also know that there is a timer. We don't know yet what the timer represents (e.g. time required to defeat a particular Territory in a certain timeframe).

Yes, timers....
  • Options
    Territory battles is an opportunity for everyone to show how they can contribute to the guild. No one from the game is off the table for this mode. You may not be doing the greatest in raids right now but if you have some characters 7* that are more uncommon, you will be a major asset to your guild.
  • RevJJ82
    66 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this mode a lot. I am in a guild with a lot of casual or ftp players and am probably one of the top players in terms of roster etc. Will I mind that my 'hard work' will give less active, or newer players rewards as well? Nope. I like helping my guild members out, and I hope it strengthens the guild as a whole. So I hope that is what this new mode will accomplish.
    Congratulations on being a healthy, well-adjusted individual now what are you doing here with all these degenerates who don't understand this is a video game? ;)

Killing time at work :wink:
  • Options
    Geonosian and droid are actually races not subfactions. Human was in the game once upon a time.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So far it sounds like TB will be sorta like a raid in that guild points will be needed to launch but gameplay will basically be a GW on steroids where some rewards will be shared, like shards.

Battles will most likely have specific requirements and specific rewards, shards we know and they have mentioned some battles will reward bonus' to other battles.

I would also guess that the requirements will be somewhat loose, one character here, faction there but there will most likely be a use limit for each character or health/stat will be tracked like in GW. I would guess the first though.

Requirements and/or character use limits seem like the most obvious ways to encourage/force the scale of depth they are alluding to (7500 characters for a guild).

Heck for one person to complete a TB they could require pretty much every character forcing choices on what resources/shards you want to give up.

Should be interesting, curious if/how they will manage the resources. There will be a time where a whole guild will be able to win a battle giving 50 shards which will then be converted to shard shop currency.

• Options
    BOLD PREDICTION: Within six months we'll have a Naboo Territory Battle that will give Padme.

SECOND BOLD PREDICTION: Within a year we'll have a Scariff Territory Battle that gives......... SOMETHING.

I hope that they'll be future territory battles on different planets, one alone seems so cool!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    "Don't forget to start farming my shards on the one and only dark side battle node, bro"

31bRebelSoldier.JPG

• Options
    I saw some posts talking about Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier will have some kind of buffs.. can someone point me to the source of where this came from?
  • Options
    I saw some posts talking about Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier will have some kind of buffs.. can someone point me to the source of where this came from?
    There is none. It's speculation.

But they've said that certain characters (specifically Commander Luke and Hoth Han) will ne needed for certain missions within the thing, so it isn't too off the wall to presume there might be a similar mission that needs Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier.

In all honesty, though, farming them is just a good idea anyhow. They're not bad characters, and--at least for me--it's not like I have anything better to farm out of Cantina. I'll take a break from Pao to get the Scout. Or Soldier. I forget which one is from Cantina shipments...
  • Options

But they've said that certain characters (specifically Commander Luke and Hoth Han) will ne needed for certain missions within the thing, so it isn't too off the wall to presume there might be a similar mission that needs Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier.

In all honesty, though, farming them is just a good idea anyhow. They're not bad characters, and--at least for me--it's not like I have anything better to farm out of Cantina. I'll take a break from Pao to get the Scout. Or Soldier. I forget which one is from Cantina shipments...

Alright, thanks - just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a post with information or something because I couldn't find a source for it. That said, I don't think I'll farm them for now, I finally got CLS (thought I wasn't gonna make it!) and it depleted all my resources. Back to Phoenix/Resitance/FO...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Screenshots were posted on the forum recently and removed that indicated Rebel Solider was needed.

Why would they remove it if the image wasn't legit?
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Screenshots were posted on the forum recently and removed that indicated Rebel Solider was needed.

If it's a full roster event, why would we NEED one specific toon?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

For the Hoth battle node/area to be able to fully participate, for the completion-tist or OCD tendency types like myself.
  • Options

For the Hoth battle node/area to be able to fully participate, for the completion-tist or OCD tendency types like myself.

But what about Veers and SnT?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Probably, but the Hoth Brothers are a pair that most probably never bothered farming, and Solider looks like a pain to farm.
  • Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Fürkész wrote: »

Padmé and/or Droideka.... Jango... I wish it will happen.

Peeps Jabgo doesnt even deserve legendary status

Of course not, neither of them. They are just good characters but definitely not legendary.

We've been through this. Thrawn regived Star Wars via the EU, havent you seen the stampede when he was announced in rebels.

Jango is just a Boba rehash.
  • Options

Not really wrong to be really into the game either, there's players of all sorts.

TB reward structure is different than raids though, some will look at the 30 people providing "free" rewards to those that don't have full rosters, but unlike raids you will get less yourself by carrying them. If you replace the weaker people, instead of getting 30, you could get 50. You are in essence giving your rewards away through lost opportunity.

Some still won't care, but it is a significant difference esp when you see shardmates getting new toons and G12 faster even though you are a whale. Before weak guildmates didn't adversely affect you.
  • Options

I could have SWORN there was a communication indicating that certain characters (Hoth-themed) would get some sort of bonus/buff/etc (like those for Jedi in AAT raid for example)...but I cannot find it now. Perhaps it was merely forum speculation.

Hmmm. This is gonna bug me now.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options

I could have SWORN there was a communication indicating that certain characters (Hoth-themed) would get some sort of bonus/buff/etc (like those for Jedi in AAT raid for example)...but I cannot find it now. Perhaps it was merely forum speculation.

They seemed to have taken the screenshots off the forum:

• Options

I think it was from a podcast. Radio-tattoine or something like that.

• Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    So...Territory battles are basically another GW with shared rewards and atrocious requirements ?
    I don't want to be the guy who will be kicked from his guild because he doesn't have enough toons to compete. All of this doesn't seem much player friendly to me, and i was hoping guild members will share a game experience more than simple rewards (more like what The Walking Dead app did since they already implemented such content).

Wait and see then.
    Wait and see... but it seems like a guild breaker. All the good players move up, the mediocre stay put and the weak get weaker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125525/8-7-state-of-the-galaxy-review-crazyexcuses

What will happen is all the top players who have invested significant time and/or money will join together to continue their progress with players of equal strength.

Once the top guilds fill up, moderate strength guilds will do the same and that will trickle down as lower and lower tiers are formed based on roster strength and activity.

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others. They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

So essentially Territory Battles will group equal skilled players together to continue their progression. Perhaps as content becomes under control top guilds will pull back and more diverse guilds will form again until the next major update.

Why do we think there is something wrong with this?

Your 3rd paragraph sums it up perfectly. The people who are just getting carried and have no rhyme or reason will now have specific tasks they can be working on with filling out squads. I get it might feel like a tall task to farm a perfect HAAT team, but hopefully with battles they can now focus on specific units needed for battles. And if they are useless to the guild like they are now (minus 600 tix) then yes I think they should get kicked. Six months after battles aren't a new thing then guilds will normalize and those players will be taken back under a wing and they will start to accrue the new shinies from TB. But if they can't be forced to focus and make quality teams now then they should be cut loose.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    We know that some battles won't require highly powerful characters. So some of the people who are newer to the game can still full fill requirements. If a battle is 2 stars / level 50 or higher. Go in with 2* gear 5 and 3* mods level at 60. Once we use the characters, they may be out of the lineup, so that sounds like the reason we have to choose our teams and use the entire team. As I looked at the picture, there looked to be a bunch of battles. And rewards will vary per battle.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

We saw Wicket fighting the AAT once, too, and whenever a character is announced we see them at gear 12.

Alpha builds don't necessarily indicate release content. If the image was from a previous release, why wouldn't they pull it?

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying they won't be used for anything. I'm saying that we don't know anything and there's a lot of folks talking like they have inside info when they're as ignorant as we are. As I said, I'm farming the Scout because he might be useful.
  • Kapp
    35 posts Member
    Options
    The image of Hoth Rebel Soldier being required for a node was a leak from a BETA tester that violated their NDA. That is why it was removed. TB was still in very early BETA testing at that time and could be totally different now, but there are going to be character requirements, and the Hoth boys would make a lot of sense.
  • Options

Probably, but the Hoth Brothers are a pair that most probably never bothered farming, and Solider looks like a pain to farm.

Not really, my HRS has managed to sneak farm himself to 22/65, probably from bronziums and GW.
  • Options

This is a game?
This discussion has been closed.