Territory Battles and what we(think we)know. [merged]

Replies

• Options
    Scout 7* g8
    Soldier 6* (75/100) g7 - the forever grind
  • Options
    I have the shards to 7 star HR Scout but currently only have him at 6 stars.

HR Soldier is at 8/100. Have been farming him for some time.

Both are gear 8.
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    I will literally never farm either one because they're both useless

That's what they said about Luke but here I am with CLS at G11

Farmer Luke is more useful than either Hoth character. And they told us we would need him before hand. For TB they told us we need everyone. 7500 units per guild

7500 units? Where did they say that?
    They said we could USE up to 7500 units, which is 150 characters per player in a full 50 player guild. Every character will be available for Territory Battles, some will get bonuses, some will unlock extra missions with extra rewards, but everyone will at least be useful. You don't NEED everyone, but you can USE everyone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

They said we could USE up to 7500 units, which is 150 characters per player in a full 50 player guild. Every character will be available for Territory Battles, some will get bonuses, some will unlock extra missions with extra rewards, but everyone will at least be useful. You don't NEED everyone, but you can USE everyone.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

• Options
    Just finished farming 7 star Soldier a couple of days ago... wow, worse farm then Clone Sergeant. At least CS popped up in Bronzium a few times. Scout wasn't, too, bad being in the store.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actively working on Scout. Accelerated Old Ben farming really helped with getting him from Cantina shipments from basically nothing (37/65). I'll unlock Soldier (38/50) but stop short of promoting him beyond that until I see exactly how crucial he is. I still have terrible memories of farming Jawas for an unreleased AAT.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Scout 85,7*
    Soldier 85, 79/100
  • Options
    I chose to farm First Order Tie Pilot and Resistance Pilot, they help in the space part and they also help in case of an event for the movie to come.
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I chose to farm First Order Tie Pilot and Resistance Pilot, they help in the space part and they also help in case of an event for the movie to come.

Hoth Rebel Scout is in the Cantina store, you could farm him too without interfering with those farms.
  • Options
    I'm here to brag. Yes bragging.

OK, not really. I'm here to post for you all to laugh at me.

Scout = 37/50 to unlock
    Soldier = 26/50 to unlock

Woe is me.

With Palpatine's Event just popping back up, gonna have to worry about getting my main Rebels up. My Palpy's only 5*. At least I got 4 weeks to try to get them to 7*.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • ObiShenobi
    83 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Scout: 6* g9
    Soldier 5* (65/85): g8.5

Farmed them because I farm everything.. I don't want to have to push soldier to 7 right now though... painful.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    Let me say, I am really glad to be to the point where I don't really have to scramble around for anything anymore. My Ewoks may be a little low, as are my First Order, Sith, and Resistance, but none of them are outside of farmable range, and I have basically every other faction well enough covered at this point.

It's going to be weird not to have to do these mad scrambles to meet requirements anymore... well at least until they pull another Phoenix/Thrawn on us again (which I am sure they will at some point).
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Let me say, I am really glad to be to the point where I don't really have to scramble around for anything anymore. My Ewoks may be a little low, as are my First Order, Sith, and Resistance, but none of them are outside of farmable range, and I have basically every other faction well enough covered at this point.

It's going to be weird not to have to do these mad scrambles to meet requirements anymore... well at least until they pull another Phoenix/Thrawn on us again (which I am sure they will at some point).

One of the best things I did is farm all the Mod Challenge teams to 85 7*. I was glad I did it, and glad when it was done.
  • Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »

One of the best things I did is farm all the Mod Challenge teams to 85 7*. I was glad I did it, and glad when it was done.
    I bet!

I'm probably going to be doing that soon again myself (got all the harder farms to 5 star), but I'm taking a break from intensive farming for a week or two.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I have both at 7*

:)
  • Options
    One's at 5*
    One's almost unlocked.
    I care so much about them I don't even know the name of the harder one to get.
    And the best part? Don't care.

Got too much other stuff to do in the game.
  • Options
    I have to finish Chopper, Poe, and FOO first!

Gotta finish Stormtrooper and FOO first as well
  • Options
    34/50 HRSo.HRSc 7 star
  • Options
    Hoth rebel soldier.... stupidly slow....
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

Hoth Rebel Scout is in the Cantina store, you could farm him too without interfering with those farms.

I did not realize, I ll take into account, thanks.
  • Options
    All those commenting "not farming them because they are pointless" 2 months from now will be changing their toons to "waaa waaa CG/EA didn't tell me I needed to farm these guys to at least 4 or 5 stars to participate in sections of territory battles"
    "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

https://swgoh.gg/u/humblemaverick/

• Options
    All those commenting "not farming them because they are pointless" 2 months from now will be changing their toons to "waaa waaa CG/EA didn't tell me I needed to farm these guys to at least 4 or 5 stars to participate in sections of territory battles"

Well, they specifically said that wouldn't happen, so yeah, we probably will be upset if they are required. I acknowledge they might be beneficial, but beneficial and required are 2 different things.
  • Options
    Yeah, people forget that useless Toons do get reworked....eventually.

I haven't been here that long, but Veers, StTr, SnowTr, MagmaTr, Farmer Luke, Old Ben, StHan, and Leia has been adjusted in recent memory.

I highly doubt the Devs will leave the old "useless" Toons alone.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    scout 263/65 (13 over 7star) lvl 1 no gear.
    soldier 63/65 lvl 1 no gear.

Ideally I should be able to get soldier to 7star when a formal event is announced. I might start trying to farm in now... I do not know if he shows up in shard shop....
  • Options
    Guess as well I should just ask the obvious - everyone wants to know ...

When exactly does Territory Battles and the dawn of GearLevel 12 begin?
    What are the requirements needed to participate?
    Any special characters we should be looking at while we wait?

PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!
  • Options
    I m tired.
  • Kael_Antilles
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

When exactly does Territory Battles and the dawn of GearLevel 12 begin?

We don't know. EA Gamercon is coming up and it's kinda expected to have at least more info then. Maybe it will launch... But we don't know

What are the requirements needed to participate?

Devs have said entire roster. Look it up, it's all over the forums and Reddit. Did you bother checking anything before posting this?

Any special characters we should be looking at while we wait?

Everyone! Swogh.gg has marked Hoth soldier and scout (as well as CLS) as toons or interest. Others suggest snowtrooper and veers, cause, makes sense. Sadly no Dax, but hey, maybe he's our next rebel! Starting that rumour here!

This discussion has been closed.