Territory Battles and what we(think we)know. [merged]

Replies

• Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Unles your in a guild with partial participation. Then you might want to switch.

That's all about management. Any guild worth their salt should be removing the inactives on a regular basis. Some are more heavy handed than others but from personal observation I've seen guilds that had people on their roster who had been inactive for more than 75 days. I quickly left after seeing that.

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    This has gotten kind of far afield.

It seems likely to me that we'll assign unused toons (i.e., separatists and clones and other non-Hoth factions) to various missions. On those missions, we won't actually play but instead get points based on total character power.

It sounds like those missions will unlock abilities to be used in the Hoth missions, where we'll actually play.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    This whole mode sounds cool. I'm hoping my guild is up to it.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    This has gotten kind of far afield.

It seems likely to me that we'll assign unused toons (i.e., separatists and clones and other non-Hoth factions) to various missions. On those missions, we won't actually play but instead get points based on total character power.

It sounds like those missions will unlock abilities to be used in the Hoth missions, where we'll actually play.

That would be sad new content so I am dearly hoping that's not the case. Nothing they have introduced has offered missions other than using sims on auto. Hopefully we have playable content.
  • Options
    Harsh, but i can't disagree :(
  • Options
    So...Territory battles are basically another GW with shared rewards and atrocious requirements ?
    I don't want to be the guy who will be kicked from his guild because he doesn't have enough toons to compete. All of this doesn't seem much player friendly to me, and i was hoping guild members will share a game experience more than simple rewards (more like what The Walking Dead app did since they already implemented such content).

Wait and see then.
    Wait and see... but it seems like a guild breaker. All the good players move up, the mediocre stay put and the weak get weaker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125525/8-7-state-of-the-galaxy-review-crazyexcuses

What will happen is all the top players who have invested significant time and/or money will join together to continue their progress with players of equal strength.

Once the top guilds fill up, moderate strength guilds will do the same and that will trickle down as lower and lower tiers are formed based on roster strength and activity.

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others. They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

So essentially Territory Battles will group equal skilled players together to continue their progression. Perhaps as content becomes under control top guilds will pull back and more diverse guilds will form again until the next major update.

Why do we think there is something wrong with this?
  • Options
    weak can't be carried anymore, and we will finally have the answer to freeloaders :)
  • Options
    So...Territory battles are basically another GW with shared rewards and atrocious requirements ?
    I don't want to be the guy who will be kicked from his guild because he doesn't have enough toons to compete. All of this doesn't seem much player friendly to me, and i was hoping guild members will share a game experience more than simple rewards (more like what The Walking Dead app did since they already implemented such content).

Wait and see then.
    Wait and see... but it seems like a guild breaker. All the good players move up, the mediocre stay put and the weak get weaker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125525/8-7-state-of-the-galaxy-review-crazyexcuses

What will happen is all the top players who have invested significant time and/or money will join together to continue their progress with players of equal strength.

Once the top guilds fill up, moderate strength guilds will do the same and that will trickle down as lower and lower tiers are formed based on roster strength and activity.

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others. They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

So essentially Territory Battles will group equal skilled players together to continue their progression. Perhaps as content becomes under control top guilds will pull back and more diverse guilds will form again until the next major update.

thank you, we've had months of "nerf hAAT because my guild can't do it".
  • Options
    I fear many guilds will suffer though... But yes it will be good for the game in the long run.
  • Options
    Since there 5 X Battle for hard nodes should I start farming these hero?
  • Options
    I fear many guilds will suffer though... But yes it will be good for the game in the long run.

how?
  • Options
    They stated that they will get a bonus of some kind but won't be needed for TB
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    weak can't be carried anymore, and we will finally have the answer to freeloaders :)

Conversely: I can carry my friends and get them better characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm farming them...not getting stuck like I did with CLS
  • Options
    no, but the MIGHT be needed for ROTJ luke, I mean CLS needed episode 4 toons ROTJ luke should need episode 5 toons.
  • Options
    BOLD PREDICTION: Within six months we'll have a Naboo Territory Battle that will give Padme.

SECOND BOLD PREDICTION: Within a year we'll have a Scariff Territory Battle that gives......... SOMETHING.

BOLDEST PREDICTION: Folks will be mad about something next week.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Anyone else think that Ally Points are going to be needed for the Territory Battles? I seem to remember them mentioning something about them being needed even after tournaments, but it would be a way down the line. I have hoarded since then just in case, and it feels like it may pay off.
    Or I might just be deluded...
  • Options
    Nope
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Everyone plays the game differently and to your own enjoyment, super competative players will band together to compete in TB but thats ok, thats what they play star wars for... Others are I want it all and I want it now type players and thats ok to they will jump ship (guild) and get everything and get bored quickly until the next big thing... Others enjoy the social aspect of the game and will stay in current guilds and have fun playing and building towards TB learning off the ones who have mastered it and guess what thats ok to... Then others won't care in the slightest and just play because its something to do and thats ok to...

For me the beauty of it is you can make your own choice and follow the force the way you see fit, it won't break every guild it will break some but thats what the wgame wants foe you to find your own path, for me i plan on staying as i like my guild and i believe that our guild will in time be strong enough to compete just not day 1, but we have a good bunch..
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    StGregory wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Ally Points are going to be needed for the Territory Battles? I seem to remember them mentioning something about them being needed even after tournaments, but it would be a way down the line. I have hoarded since then just in case, and it feels like it may pay off.
    Or I might just be deluded...

I doubt it
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    BOLD PREDICTION: Within six months we'll have a Naboo Territory Battle that will give Padme.

SECOND BOLD PREDICTION: Within a year we'll have a Scariff Territory Battle that gives......... SOMETHING.

Padmé and/or Droideka.... Jango... I wish it will happen.
  • Options
    Launching in September it looks like.
  • Options
    Fürkész wrote: »

Peeps Jabgo doesnt even deserve legendary status
  • Options
    From what they released, freeloaders can still get free stuff. The system penalizes the people who carried guilds before by not getting as much as they could. Freeloaders get an equal amount to the heavys for doing nothing.

Say you have 50 people in your guild, 30 people contribute to completing stages so get 30 rewards each. The 20 freeloaders also get 30, the issue is that the heavy hitters only get 30 too so they are getting penalized for having weak people. They have an incentive to boot the weak people and replace them with 20 better people so they can get the full 50.
  • Options
    Fürkész wrote: »

Peeps Jabgo doesnt even deserve legendary status

Of course not, neither of them. They are just good characters but definitely not legendary.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options

Wait and see then.

This is already happening. Newer players with ambitions are the ones who might suffer a bit from this. If your swogh collection score is below 40, 50, 60 ... you will be asked to look for another guild or simply be thrown out.
  • Options
    From what they released, freeloaders can still get free stuff. The system penalizes the people who carried guilds before by not getting as much as they could. Freeloaders get an equal amount to the heavys for doing nothing.

Say you have 50 people in your guild, 30 people contribute to completing stages so get 30 rewards each. The 20 freeloaders also get 30, the issue is that the heavy hitters only get 30 too so they are getting penalized for having weak people. They have an incentive to boot the weak people and replace them with 20 better people so they can get the full 50.

Actually the 30 people who did 30 get 30 themselves. The other 20 people who did nothing get nothing. I don't remember in which part read it, but I'm pretty sure that is the way it will work.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this mode a lot. I am in a guild with a lot of casual or ftp players and am probably one of the top players in terms of roster etc. Will I mind that my 'hard work' will give less active, or newer players rewards as well? Nope. I like helping my guild members out, and I hope it strengthens the guild as a whole. So I hope that is what this new mode will accomplish.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    RevJJ82 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this mode a lot. I am in a guild with a lot of casual or ftp players and am probably one of the top players in terms of roster etc. Will I mind that my 'hard work' will give less active, or newer players rewards as well? Nope. I like helping my guild members out, and I hope it strengthens the guild as a whole. So I hope that is what this new mode will accomplish.

This. It is about working together not against each other. Many guilds do not care about guild rankings.
This discussion has been closed.