State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Replies

  • Understood - well, good luck with the rest of the game.

    Same to you. May the force be with you
  • I'm irritated by the blatant power creep that's been going on. It's used to be that with good strategic planning and tweaking your arena team you could survive through the different metas. Now, it's "omg farm the newest toon with the most insane skillset!"
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's a safe assumption that EA, a company that a few years back lost $20 million in one year, probably wants outcomes that give them a couple bucks.

    But EA doesn't develop the game, CG does. We don't know the deal they have in place.

    EA/CG/Developer Side/Whatever. So the company that has made millions from this game in almost two years, which has released several big important characters in the past - all of a sudden this same company that did all that didn't know what it was doing with the release of Commander Luke, probably the most requested character in the game so far? I find that impossible to believe. Especially when they said this release would be like no other. And guess what? It wasn't.

    Developers could have chosen to drop hints every day for months, could have told us directly what we needed, could have done any number of things. They didn't. The assumption by some is that they should have done more. Sorry, why? The only reasoning to back up their assumption is: it's not fair, which isn't evidence, it's emotion.

    The withholding of info. was deliberate.


    The most requested character is jedi luke, still not pleasing the masses lol.
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's a safe assumption that EA, a company that a few years back lost $20 million in one year, probably wants outcomes that give them a couple bucks.

    But EA doesn't develop the game, CG does. We don't know the deal they have in place.

    EA/CG/Developer Side/Whatever. So the company that has made millions from this game in almost two years, which has released several big important characters in the past - all of a sudden this same company that did all that didn't know what it was doing with the release of Commander Luke, probably the most requested character in the game so far? I find that impossible to believe. Especially when they said this release would be like no other. And guess what? It wasn't.

    Developers could have chosen to drop hints every day for months, could have told us directly what we needed, could have done any number of things. They didn't. The assumption by some is that they should have done more. Sorry, why? The only reasoning to back up their assumption is: it's not fair, which isn't evidence, it's emotion.

    The withholding of info. was deliberate.


    The most requested character is jedi luke, still not pleasing the masses lol.

    I think if Jedi Luke was released and people didn't get him, they'd be even more pi**ed off and would ragequit... I think CLS is in a way an unpleasant warning - "next time we give out some hints, PAY ATTENTION!"

    And still, the event is regarded as a success from the development point of view, it is a nice event with a nice flow and what not. Most importantly, it brought dinner to CG/EA's table.
  • The withholding of info. was deliberate.
    No one's saying it wasn't deliberate.

    We're saying it was a bad idea.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    No one's saying it wasn't deliberate.

    We're saying it was a bad idea.



    Bad idea for whom? You? Me? Developers? Why, exactly, is it bad? Can you quantify this badness, please? Is it that more people didn't get a chance to get Luke? Do you know what EA/CG's plans were behind this release? Were 500,000 people supposed to get Luke as of August 11 instead of the 200,000 we were told? 300,000?
    200,000 as of August 11 to you should be a "bad" number. Can you explain why? Were the people who didn't get Luke and have said on this forum that they are OK with it - are they supposed to feel bad even though they don't? Are the people like me, who don't think it was "bad" now supposed to think it was bad because you say it was bad? How come this "bad" isn't universal?

    How come we get a State Of The Galaxy that didn't mention how bad this was? They said the response was "overwhelming positive." Are they liars? You're giving zero substance here.

  • Darth_Amarth
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I love how good the game has become. With all its up and downs, the game in its current state is at its peak. At least in my opinion. And I've been playing the game since December, 2015.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    No one's saying it wasn't deliberate.

    We're saying it was a bad idea.



    Bad idea for whom? You? Me? Developers? Why, exactly, is it bad? Can you quantify this badness, please? Is it that more people didn't get a chance to get Luke? Do you know what EA/CG's plans were behind this release? Were 500,000 people supposed to get Luke as of August 11 instead of the 200,000 we were told? 300,000?
    200,000 as of August 11 to you should be a "bad" number. Can you explain why? Were the people who didn't get Luke and have said on this forum that they are OK with it - are they supposed to feel bad even though they don't? Are the people like me, who don't think it was "bad" now supposed to think it was bad because you say it was bad? How come this "bad" isn't universal?


    Nowhere did they say that 200 000 got CLS. They said that 200 000 started the event. I am in those 200 000 and I am only able to reach tier 3. I would be surprised if more that 10% of this number got him in the end.

    The only thing we can deduce from this number is that there is at least 200 000 active players.
    The objective of EA/CG has nothing to do with how many were supposed to get CLS. It's only about how much $ could they get from the release. And I don't see how this event got them more money than say Thrawn. If they don't repeat the event (which mean repeating R2) before the next step of Luke's journey I'll even say they will loose even more money with JKL.
    How come we get a State Of The Galaxy that didn't mention how bad this was? They said the response was "overwhelming positive." Are they liars? You're giving zero substance here.

    Do you really think they would publish a State of The Galaxy where they wouldn't praise themselves? It would be a bad PR move and I never saw a game developper admit its error, especially for an active Star Wars game. Hell, it took month if not years for Star Wars Galaxy developpers (after they quit or the game died) to admit that every complaint about patch 9, the Combat Upgrade or the NGE were true. And before that we had mods on the forum claiming that every update was what every one wanted (the fabled focus group) and that it would make the game better.

    I am not saying that EA/CG are wrong or even lying, but believing the devs/mods over the community blindly is no better than saying that the game is dying for each update.
    The only thing important is : "Do you enjoy the game?", and I can tell you that a frustrated player is not an happy player. You can't make everyone happy, but when the difficulty of an event is only based on poor communication (hint, half of them as Gif is not good, one week delay are not good, ...etc) then some players have the right to say they are not happy.
    And no one especiàlly another player have the right to dismiss their opinion simply because they don't feel the same.



  • gordonjones
    115 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Xetal wrote: »
    Whindanser wrote: »
    Nobody is entitled to any character...the devs are not required to tell you anything. Get off all of your entitled high horses and realize that they just put out great content that you may or may not have access to immediately. It'll come back around so if you aren't ready for it now, be ready next time. That's life. Quit crying. Ps...this is from someone who probably won't get Luke this time around.

    I keep seeing variations on this argument. It is a silly argument to make.

    No one is owed anything. They could close up the game tomorrow and no one is owed something. That is completely beside the point of what anyone is saying.

    What they are saying is that the event was not enjoyable because of the poor communication and botched timetable.

    What they are saying is that if they're paying money and expecting something and don't get it, then they are less likely to pay for the same thing in the future.

    This kind of launch for an event that is otherwise well designed isn't good for the players or for the game.

    Chanting back "Nobody is owed anything, Entitled! Participation Trophy! Grow Up!" is just a silly argument made by those who are only capable of parroting back intellectually lazy arguments.

    +1 Great job to the devs on the cutscenes and the event design, frustrating on the timing and communication. Don't like the "hints" strategy they used to roll this one out. Would rather it been have been a total surprise.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    slugbahr wrote: »
    TNT1138 wrote: »
    slugbahr wrote: »
    There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

    CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.

    Giving hints and posting gifs when asked for concrete info is not good communication.
    Telling us exactly which toons would be needed, and by when, and for how long, would be good communication.
    Their need to make money by the methods they've chosen does not mean the definition of poor communication is changed to fit within that context.

    Not every f2p missed out on Luke. Not every non-f2p obtained him. So that is a meaningless comment.

    When I was a kid I had a friend who would always buy the guide to go with every game he had. He would then proceed to follow the guide step by step until he finished the game. It always seemed like an incredibly boring way to play.

    I like the hints and gifs. I don't want to be told exactly what to do.

    Ummmm....good for you, I guess.

    Still doesn't change that those methods are pretty much the definition of poor communication. Which was my point.

    There is a difference between communication and being handed everything on a silver platter. Hints ARE communication. Many people prefer to play the game that way...which has always been the way the game has been run, btw.

    Making hard choices on what to do with limited resources is part of the game and always has been. When you do it right (zeta Maul, while everyone else is zetaing Vader, so you sit atop arena for 2 months) it's very rewarding...until you're the only one who can't solo heroic Ranxir. When you farm Phoenix and snag Thrawn, same. There's trade offs. Sometimes you guess right and are ahead of the curve. Other times, not.

    I actually enjoy that aspect of the game. Instead of being handed the guidebook. That's not playing - that's just following orders. No thanks.

    Yes, the game has always had poor communication.

    Yes, limited resources blah blah blah. Unless people pay - good for them/us.

    That's great that you enjoy it - for you. And for whoever appreciates that you are a player of the game.

    You can't change the fact that the communication methods used are POOR. I haven't said they're not enough, vague, interesting, amusing, or anything other than to refute people's statement that comms have been great. They've been POOR.
  • Uklem - thank you for a thoughtful response and even a correction.
    Uklem wrote: »
    The only thing we can deduce from this number is that there is at least 200 000 active players.
    .

    The only thing we can deduce is that there are 200,000+ players who started the event. Not how many active players. How many have not/did not/could not? We don't know. Again, the point of bringing up this number was to ask if that was "bad" and if so then reasons it should have been higher.
    Uklem wrote: »
    The objective of EA/CG has nothing to do with how many were supposed to get CLS. It's only about how much $ could they get from the release. And I don't see how this event got them more money than say Thrawn. If they don't repeat the event (which mean repeating R2) before the next step of Luke's journey I'll even say they will loose even more money with JKL.

    How do you know what all of EA/CG's objectives were for the CL event? This event was unlike any other big character release, correct? We were told that beforehand but if you didn't catch that it should be obvious now. OK, why is that? What if it was a test run for future event releases and money wasn't the only objective here? What if studying other metrics was also part of it? I say that because they had been telling us for months about the event, yet they didn't let people in on the requirements like past events. I don't see that as, say, laziness, stupidity, poor communication, etc. I see it as a planned, deliberate decision. No one here has a clue what EA/CG's financials are. You are guessing about CL vs. Thrawn, but let's assume you're correct (and I bet you are) and this event doesn't make as much money as Thrawn. Again, how do you know that was the purpose? Or that they even care that it was = to Thrawn or close or better?
    Uklem wrote: »
    Do you really think they would publish a State of The Galaxy where they wouldn't praise themselves?

    They do it all the time with character reworks, game fixes. Remember when they dumped tournaments? Why did they do that? Because monitoring "the forums over the course of Tournaments and we’ve heard the feedback loud and clear" that people hated tournaments. Would they have done that if the feedback was overwhelmingly positive? Nope.
    Uklem wrote: »
    And no one especiàlly another player have the right to dismiss their opinion simply because they don't feel the same.

    Agree, and I've said here I feel bad for anyone who wanted CL and can't get him.
  • Nikoms565
    11068 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Melvil wrote: »
    So basically you lied when you told us that there would be faster ways to get the required characters for the event! Yay for you for lying again! :)

    There is a $20 pack for 4 of the required characters and a crystal pack if you're feeling lucky. All of those make it faster.

    They're not the ones lying. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Uklem - thank you for a thoughtful response and even a correction.
    Uklem wrote: »
    The only thing we can deduce from this number is that there is at least 200 000 active players.
    .

    The only thing we can deduce is that there are 200,000+ players who started the event. Not how many active players. How many have not/did not/could not? We don't know. Again, the point of bringing up this number was to ask if that was "bad" and if so then reasons it should have been higher.

    The only way to know would be if you were a decision maker (dev do not make decision in the SW game. At best they propose and the suit decide). The only thing that a player can use is his opinion, those of his friends and the forums.
    Personnaly, it would mean that what they did was really bad. No one I know got CL, no one I know liked the late annoucement or the surprise requirement (not the characters but the 7*) and no one I know spend any money on the event.
    In the end I won't say that the event is a failure because I know that some people enjoyed it and had no problem with it, but I still say their communication was bad and the event could have been better and epic without making it some sort of award ceremony for "elite" players.
    This is my "truth". Doesn't mean it's EA/CG truth, but if they speak to us only in PR mode then I will still say what I think because restraining myself because their PR could have some hidden meaning explaining their choise is not enough.
    Uklem wrote: »
    The objective of EA/CG has nothing to do with how many were supposed to get CLS. It's only about how much $ could they get from the release. And I don't see how this event got them more money than say Thrawn. If they don't repeat the event (which mean repeating R2) before the next step of Luke's journey I'll even say they will loose even more money with JKL.

    How do you know what all of EA/CG's objectives were for the CL event? This event was unlike any other big character release, correct? We were told that beforehand but if you didn't catch that it should be obvious now. OK, why is that? What if it was a test run for future event releases and money wasn't the only objective here? What if studying other metrics was also part of it? I say that because they had been telling us for months about the event, yet they didn't let people in on the requirements like past events. I don't see that as, say, laziness, ****, poor communication, etc. I see it as a planned, deliberate decision. No one here has a clue what EA/CG's financials are. You are guessing about CL vs. Thrawn, but let's assume you're correct (and I bet you are) and this event doesn't make as much money as Thrawn. Again, how do you know that was the purpose? Or that they even care that it was = to Thrawn or close or better?

    Let's be clear. If you think for one moment that any people in charge (again not the dev) would allow an event which would not be a heavy money maker and at the same time anger some part of the community willingly, then you are not realist. This is not how the game industry works, this is not how Disney works and this is not how EA works.

    They use projection based on some obscure mathematic formula, previous game experience and what the latest trend in the gaming industry is. Thinking that they would use one of the biggest if not the biggest event of this game as some form of test and it would be the reason behind the "strangeness" of it is not really realistic.

    Developpement time for this event was at least twice as much than Thrawn between the character rework, the Tatooine event and the CLS event. I don't see any decision maker agreeing to invest more work for less money gained. And it's without the money they potentialy lost with the player who said they will stop spending money on this game (ok not a lot and there is no way to verify if they will do what they said).
    Uklem wrote: »
    Do you really think they would publish a State of The Galaxy where they wouldn't praise themselves?

    They do it all the time with character reworks, game fixes. Remember when they dumped tournaments? Why did they do that? Because monitoring "the forums over the course of Tournaments and we’ve heard the feedback loud and clear" that people hated tournaments. Would they have done that if the feedback was overwhelmingly positive? Nope.

    I never understood the idea of cutting tournament from the game. It didn't impact anyone who didn't want to participate and those who wanted must have liked it. In fact as a noob I was more impacted than a tournament player since I lost my biggest source of bronzium when they reduced the daily currency amount. I even thought that was some hidden plot to slow down new players.

    I'll simply say that as a dev myself and an experienced MMO gamer (started with Ultima Online), I am more inclined to believe that $ is the main objective behind any decision.

    You want to be positive and think that every decision is made for the good of the game and the player, but in the end this is only your opinion against mine and we mean nothing much for EA/CG. Only our money will, so if your hope make you spend money in the future good for you (and them) and if I judge there is too many bad choise made I'll simply stop playing.
    Until then, we'll continue to post here, sometime being constructive, sometime trolling but always happy to be a member of a game community we like to hate.
  • Uklem wrote: »
    No one I know got CL, no one I know liked the late annoucement or the surprise requirement (not the characters but the 7*) and no one I know spend any money on the event.

    Many in my guild did get CL, including me, some did spend money (not me) and no one in my guild complained on chat, so your anecdotal evidence has just been shot down. C'mon this is not how you argue a point well.
    Uklem wrote: »

    Let's be clear. If you think for one moment that any people in charge (again not the dev) would allow an event which would not be a heavy money maker and at the same time anger some part of the community willingly, then you are not realist. This is not how the game industry works, this is not how Disney works and this is not how EA works.

    Define "some part" that was angered willingly. And then quantify that anger - Quit the game? Angry but still paying money to the game? Angry and still playing, period? You have no idea how many fall under those categories. And you yourself should know that no developer can please every gamer. And until anyone can prove that the "overwhelmingly positive" response they got is a total lie, I have to take them for their word - based on them in the past not just acknowledging but responding to negative feedback.
    Uklem wrote: »
    I never understood the idea of cutting tournament from the game. It didn't impact anyone who didn't want to participate and those who wanted must have liked it. In fact as a noob I was more impacted than a tournament player since I lost my biggest source of bronzium when they reduced the daily currency amount. I even thought that was some hidden plot to slow down new players.

    Doesn't matter that you didn't understand or agree. Enough hated it and the point of me bringing this up was, again, to illustrate that they pay attention to negative feedback and adjust the game.

    Uklem wrote: »
    You want to be positive and think that every decision is made for the good of the game and the player, but in the end this is only your opinion against mine and we mean nothing much for EA/CG.

    Huh? Don't know being positive means. I never said every decision was made for the good of the game and the player, I don't even know what that means. What I've done is ask people to consider other alternatives than the same ones they keep bringing up.
  • KueChael
    785 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    We have two polar opposites, those who liked the format and those that didn't. I personally liked the format. R2 was obtainable, as were all the others. Easily farmable. If you'd never played an ea game before, you might not understand some of the ways they've laid out games like Madden ultimate team, but every item has a value. In this game, before zetas, omegas were starting to pile up. Then zetas dropped, now omegas are almost as rare as zetas. Same thing with characters, if you think that count Dooku is useless, don't farm him.... but If/When an event comes... possibly darkside Anakin or Separatist pass for Jango. Don't yell at CG/EA for your lack of foresight. (Foresight :D it's in the game)
    I feel bad for everyone who tried hard, didn't complain and came up short. I feel bad for those that are upset because they didn't have the understanding that the more powerful characters are, the more requirements there will be. I don't feel bad for those that mocked the players that understood the hints and told this forum, those who are now complaining.
  • slugbahr wrote: »
    slugbahr wrote: »
    There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

    CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.

    Giving hints and posting gifs when asked for concrete info is not good communication.
    Telling us exactly which toons would be needed, and by when, and for how long, would be good communication.
    Their need to make money by the methods they've chosen does not mean the definition of poor communication is changed to fit within that context.

    Not every f2p missed out on Luke. Not every non-f2p obtained him. So that is a meaningless comment.

    If CG told us everything as you propose, there would be no need for making hard choices with limited resources. Asking for that is just wrong-headed.

    Currently, there is an avenue to obtain all the necessary shards to obtain CL. Take a look in the shard shop.

    This was an awesome event. So the whiners need to stop and let everyone enjoy the moment of a huge success story.

    Didn't ask for that - I said that's what would constitute good communication.

    Panic farming, while the event is on - nothing to do with good communication.

    Awesome event! Wow! Great! Do you mean the actual battles, or the rings we had to jump through to qualify?
    You get your self-congratulatory kitten - the whiners get to tell you they don't want to hear it.
    You whine about that - same thing.

    Absolutely right and a pity they don't realize it.
  • Livenam wrote: »

    Absolutely right and a pity they don't realize it.

    Because we're too busy turning our EA royalty checks into crystals to max out Commander Luke.
  • The last few pages of posts from those giving their comment on 'bad' communication is just beyond me. Again, the communication and the event were fantastic. And just stop with the keyboard warrior attitudes. I have no association with CG or EA. Pleeeeeeaaaaaase!

    Stop belittling others who express their grievances and then when there is reaction, putting yourself on a pedestal and acting as if you are this innocent person and logic is your argument. You made a emotional decision of calling others whiners and trying to justify it with logic. It is a simple rule of the universe, when push comes to shove, people react. So stop shoving people around in the first place and leave this entitled attitude at home. And atleast practice what you preach about being a whiner yourself.
  • Livenam wrote: »

    Absolutely right and a pity they don't realize it.

    Because we're too busy turning our EA royalty checks into crystals to max out Commander Luke.

    Then stop whining about whiners and do your thing. Good Good , what does the quid pro qou of royalty checks look like? Does it look like trading your heroes for ghosts?
  • Livenam wrote: »
    Then stop whining about whiners and do your thing.

    I could say something about irony here but I'll just say this.
  • Livenam wrote: »
    Then stop whining about whiners and do your thing.

    I could say something about irony here but I'll just say this.

    Your irony was not lost, but i guess you missed the pun intented at that irony. Swings both ways.
  • Maybe drop that Chinese pop up ad just before event ends and give everyone an old Ben.
  • What I didn't like about the event is you have to have 7 stars toons to get commander luke but you can't get a 7 star R2-D2 unless you have 7 star empire team to get him. I think we weren't given enough time to get teams in order to fully do the event.
  • Nikoms565
    11068 posts Member
    Livenam wrote: »
    The last few pages of posts from those giving their comment on 'bad' communication is just beyond me. Again, the communication and the event were fantastic. And just stop with the keyboard warrior attitudes. I have no association with CG or EA. Pleeeeeeaaaaaase!

    Stop belittling others who express their grievances and then when there is reaction, putting yourself on a pedestal and acting as if you are this innocent person and logic is your argument. You made a emotional decision of calling others whiners and trying to justify it with logic. It is a simple rule of the universe, when push comes to shove, people react. So stop shoving people around in the first place and leave this entitled attitude at home. And atleast practice what you preach about being a whiner yourself.

    Huckleberry isn't the one acting entitled - that would be all those acting like they should have been handed CLS on a silver platter with step by step instructions, free double drops and R2D2 shards in GW.

    He's also not the one being emotional - save for some frustration about all those complaining about information when hints - and sometimes direct statements - about who they would need have been dropping for months.

    And whining on the forums has existed since before he even created an account - and in this thread long before he weighed in.

    For those who ignored the hints and the many forum posters who had walked people through who would likely be needed and why, and even provided farming guides, there is little sympathy - especially if they are going to try to drop the blame completely on the lap of the developers.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • All we need now is a dark side character who would be OP as CLS and my guess is Snoke or Iden Versio!!
  • Nikoms565
    11068 posts Member
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    All we need now is a dark side character who would be OP as CLS and my guess is Snoke or Iden Versio!!

    Welcome to the game. The character you are looking for is already in the game. He has blue skin and likes to dress in all white.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Livenam wrote: »
    The last few pages of posts from those giving their comment on 'bad' communication is just beyond me. Again, the communication and the event were fantastic. And just stop with the keyboard warrior attitudes. I have no association with CG or EA. Pleeeeeeaaaaaase!

    Stop belittling others who express their grievances and then when there is reaction, putting yourself on a pedestal and acting as if you are this innocent person and logic is your argument. You made a emotional decision of calling others whiners and trying to justify it with logic. It is a simple rule of the universe, when push comes to shove, people react. So stop shoving people around in the first place and leave this entitled attitude at home. And atleast practice what you preach about being a whiner yourself.

    If you weren't able to obtain CL this time around, if that's the case, I feel for you man. Another way to look at it though? When you do get him the next time around, it'll be that much sweeter! Good luck!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Xetal wrote: »
    Whindanser wrote: »
    Nobody is entitled to any character...the devs are not required to tell you anything. Get off all of your entitled high horses and realize that they just put out great content that you may or may not have access to immediately. It'll come back around so if you aren't ready for it now, be ready next time. That's life. Quit crying. Ps...this is from someone who probably won't get Luke this time around.

    I keep seeing variations on this argument. It is a silly argument to make.

    No one is owed anything. They could close up the game tomorrow and no one is owed something. That is completely beside the point of what anyone is saying.

    What they are saying is that the event was not enjoyable because of the poor communication and botched timetable.

    What they are saying is that if they're paying money and expecting something and don't get it, then they are less likely to pay for the same thing in the future.

    This kind of launch for an event that is otherwise well designed isn't good for the players or for the game.

    Chanting back "Nobody is owed anything, Entitled! Participation Trophy! Grow Up!" is just a silly argument made by those who are only capable of parroting back intellectually lazy arguments.

    Very well put
  • Add a hard mode to allow events to be replayable, and achieve new rewards of gear for CLS. The mechanics for HM exist in game, it might be possible to port them into a new format that allows nm/hm for future events.
  • Xetal wrote: »
    Whindanser wrote: »
    Nobody is entitled to any character...the devs are not required to tell you anything. Get off all of your entitled high horses and realize that they just put out great content that you may or may not have access to immediately. It'll come back around so if you aren't ready for it now, be ready next time. That's life. Quit crying. Ps...this is from someone who probably won't get Luke this time around.

    I keep seeing variations on this argument. It is a silly argument to make.

    No one is owed anything. They could close up the game tomorrow and no one is owed something. That is completely beside the point of what anyone is saying.

    What they are saying is that the event was not enjoyable because of the poor communication and botched timetable.

    What they are saying is that if they're paying money and expecting something and don't get it, then they are less likely to pay for the same thing in the future.

    This kind of launch for an event that is otherwise well designed isn't good for the players or for the game.

    Chanting back "Nobody is owed anything, Entitled! Participation Trophy! Grow Up!" is just a silly argument made by those who are only capable of parroting back intellectually lazy arguments.

    Very well put

    Why? Calling the opposite position of the debate "silly" is somehow well put? ;) that's just silly.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
Sign In or Register to comment.