State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Replies

  • SWGOH Galaxy,

    This post is not intended to troll it is more for clarification of what direction this game is going since I am a November 2015 player.

    1. The last two Lightsaber wielding characters Fulcrum Ahsoka and Commander luke are NOT Jedi, but are Rebels how does this make sense?
    2. The only characters I see nerfed lately were Vader, Nute, and Kylo all darkside.
    3. The argument of this is Galaxy of Heroes clarification on supporting Rebels should get extra love. Its not Galaxy of Lightside its Galaxy of Heroes, which there are Darkside Heroes unless I am understanding this wrong.
    4. All the viable Raid and arena teams are Lightside and the ones that use Darkside have lightside influence in it where this is not the case with Lightside.

    I just would like to see if there is a place to get better transparency from developers in saying "you know what we are going to make the game where you HAVE to farm certain people"? I have no problem with this, but setting up a game where I feel like every Zeta I have done is wasted and I doubt ill use one on a darkside ever again, because all they do is add people that negate them.

    Best,

    Besteve
    (all missed punctuation is implied)
  • Nothing wrong with the event or communication. Most of yall pay and are mad because you didn't get your candy. Be smart about who you farm and you have to be lucky too. I didn't get thrawn, I didn't cry.

    Grow up.

    I disagree with you! Poor communication all the way and plenty of players feel the same way. I will probably get my candy in a few days. Thing is, I would share mine if I could where you would eat all of yours and tell everyone else how tasty is was. Most decent people like to see others succeed. Most jerks like to tell people how useless they are when they fail.

    Agreed. If I had candy I would share it with everyone who wants it , whereas some people would be rude and eat it in front of everyone else who didn't have any, say the others failed, and then brag about how good the candy was.

    But ive been working hard, simming and clicking for a long time, to get my candy. Its mine, all mine. Get your own :p ;)
  • you tell them, I wish they give us an option at a price of course to take zetas back
  • Kyno
    21867 posts Moderator
    Besteve wrote: »
    SWGOH Galaxy,

    This post is not intended to troll it is more for clarification of what direction this game is going since I am a November 2015 player.

    1. The last two Lightsaber wielding characters Fulcrum Ahsoka and Commander luke are NOT Jedi, but are Rebels how does this make sense?
    2. The only characters I see nerfed lately were Vader, Nute, and Kylo all darkside.
    3. The argument of this is Galaxy of Heroes clarification on supporting Rebels should get extra love. Its not Galaxy of Lightside its Galaxy of Heroes, which there are Darkside Heroes unless I am understanding this wrong.
    4. All the viable Raid and arena teams are Lightside and the ones that use Darkside have lightside influence in it where this is not the case with Lightside.

    I just would like to see if there is a place to get better transparency from developers in saying "you know what we are going to make the game where you HAVE to farm certain people"? I have no problem with this, but setting up a game where I feel like every Zeta I have done is wasted and I doubt ill use one on a darkside ever again, because all they do is add people that negate them.

    Best,

    Besteve
    (all missed punctuation is implied)

    @Besteve

    The devs have stated that the game was designed to be a sandbox, where teams can be made with little to no regard to side or faction.

    Many great mix teams with mostly dark side toons run in arena and raids, they usually use a DS lead which is a key position.

    Dark side also holds the keys to the heists, which is arguably one of the most important recurring events in game.

    The dark side is also key to getting R2 (a great toon) which then leads to CLS (another great toon. This path is also seen in ships by the necessity of tarkin to get zetas.

    This game cannot be done with LS only. The DS has gotten some love over the past few months and I'm sure will get some more as time progresses.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Besteve wrote: »
    SWGOH Galaxy,

    This post is not intended to troll it is more for clarification of what direction this game is going since I am a November 2015 player.

    1. The last two Lightsaber wielding characters Fulcrum Ahsoka and Commander luke are NOT Jedi, but are Rebels how does this make sense?
    2. The only characters I see nerfed lately were Vader, Nute, and Kylo all darkside.
    3. The argument of this is Galaxy of Heroes clarification on supporting Rebels should get extra love. Its not Galaxy of Lightside its Galaxy of Heroes, which there are Darkside Heroes unless I am understanding this wrong.
    4. All the viable Raid and arena teams are Lightside and the ones that use Darkside have lightside influence in it where this is not the case with Lightside.

    I just would like to see if there is a place to get better transparency from developers in saying "you know what we are going to make the game where you HAVE to farm certain people"? I have no problem with this, but setting up a game where I feel like every Zeta I have done is wasted and I doubt ill use one on a darkside ever again, because all they do is add people that negate them.

    Best,

    Besteve
    (all missed punctuation is implied)

    @Besteve

    The devs have stated that the game was designed to be a sandbox, where teams can be made with little to no regard to side or faction.

    Many great mix teams with mostly dark side toons run in arena and raids, they usually use a DS lead which is a key position.

    Dark side also holds the keys to the heists, which is arguably one of the most important recurring events in game.

    The dark side is also key to getting R2 (a great toon) which then leads to CLS (another great toon. This path is also seen in ships by the necessity of tarkin to get zetas.

    This game cannot be done with LS only. The DS has gotten some love over the past few months and I'm sure will get some more as time progresses.

    Let's let ok at the heist, DS has Boba... that's really all you need to beat the last tier is a g11 boba with a zeta and he can solo it. After that you have meh characters in ig-88, and the rest. LS you have raid han, sthan, lando and chewy. I wouldn't exactly say DS holds the key anymore.
  • Hikari
    174 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »
    SWGOH Galaxy,

    This post is not intended to troll it is more for clarification of what direction this game is going since I am a November 2015 player.

    1. The last two Lightsaber wielding characters Fulcrum Ahsoka and Commander luke are NOT Jedi, but are Rebels how does this make sense?
    2. The only characters I see nerfed lately were Vader, Nute, and Kylo all darkside.
    3. The argument of this is Galaxy of Heroes clarification on supporting Rebels should get extra love. Its not Galaxy of Lightside its Galaxy of Heroes, which there are Darkside Heroes unless I am understanding this wrong.
    4. All the viable Raid and arena teams are Lightside and the ones that use Darkside have lightside influence in it where this is not the case with Lightside.

    I just would like to see if there is a place to get better transparency from developers in saying "you know what we are going to make the game where you HAVE to farm certain people"? I have no problem with this, but setting up a game where I feel like every Zeta I have done is wasted and I doubt ill use one on a darkside ever again, because all they do is add people that negate them.

    Best,

    Besteve
    (all missed punctuation is implied)

    #1 is the only one I will justify with a response.

    Luke has not been called a Padawan or anything else at this point. He has his fathers light saber and has done very little official training. Or perhaps the Devs decided this was grey area for Luke to be a jedi and his kit would make him too dominate to pair with both rebels and Jedi. So in their balance testing they decided it would not be in the best interest if the game fro him to have the Jedi label. After all this is a Holotable game we are playing in a mobile game.

    ****Spoilers for Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows****

    At the end of Clone wars Asoka leaves the Jedi order. She does not consider herself as a Jedi after that. She resurfaces in Rebels as the Fulcrum and is helping the Rebel alliance but not as a Jedi. She is not a Jedi.

    Just because you use the force or light saber does not put you in the Jedi/Sith category.


  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ok, I'm making this post to contradict some falacies that have been portraited here as absolute truth. This is my view as a F2P:

    1) "CLS required toons were an easy farm and people who werent ready simply skipped the hints": FALSE. I've started playing this game February 2016, and so far I've managed to get most of the toons I wanted. Only one missing is Thrawn. And, as a F2P, no toon investment comes easy in this game. You have to make choices, for example, as to whether gear a toon or farm the shards needed for it. Most F2P wouldnt consider these toons an easy farm even if you released the requirements 6 months ago, simply because they werent really meta or shining in other areas of the game;

    2) "Assuming you have the shards for it, acquiring CLS is an easy task": FALSE. Not only you have to get your toons to 7*, you also have to gear/level them properly. People should be aware that taking them to 7* is half the battle, the other one is gearing/leveling them. Which brings me to the 3rd topic:

    3) "Making R2D2 a requirement was a good move, because most people have him by now": FALSE, and with a big firk you to people who defend this. Having an Empire team ready to take R2D2 to 7* is pain in itself, and having him as a requirement just made it even worse, because of the timeline to complete the event (we had what, 7 days with R2 event?). We were now looking at 10 toons required to get another. Oh, not to mention two weeks prior to that we had an Ewok release, with people dumping resources on them. Way to go.

    4) "F2P were able to get this toon no problem at all": FALSE. I mean, sure you have the exception of that one guy who had all required toons at 7*, GXI - congrats, you luckied this one out. However, for the grand majority of the F2P out there, CLS was a terrible material sink.

    This is my truth: I was hoarding for GK - gear, credits, everything. Had up to 12 million credits and a lot of gear, etc. I was saving just to take my GK to as high as possible as soon as I got him. I didn't get R2 the first time around, but I made that my mid term goal - so I slowly started seven starring the toons I needed for when the event came back. However, with the Ewok faction pass out of the blue, and hints from people here and which toons we would need for the Hero's Journey, I started to spend some resources on those toons. Soon after, R2 event comes up again, and now I'm having to work on some 10 toons all at once.
    Long story short, did manage to 7* R2, but with no where near the requirements to 7* CLS. This weekend I unlocked my GK.
    However, now I'm looking at 200k credits only, almost no good gear left and still can't manage to beat CLS last tier - 2 troopers always stay alive and I cant crack it - nor gear up/level up my GK. Granted, my Leia and R2 are still GVII, but Im gonna try to get them to VIII in the next couple of days. If I cant, I cant, and will get him next time. Just wanted to share that this was not an easy farm.

    TL;DR: people have all the right to complain on how this event was set up. It's by no means an easy farm, and to any F2P completing it you either: have been depleted of all your resources in the process; have been playing for a long time and got lucky that you had the toons required.
  • CoruscantPimp1
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Depleted my resources and have been playing for over a year, yes. But it was worth it. You have to sacrifice to get things, especially as a f2per. Guess what, when territory battles drops my guild and I probably won't unlock a lot of stuff and I'll be jelly of the rest of yall with your maxxed out hermit yodas or whatever.

    But I'll learn and prepare for the next event. Now I'm focusing on gearing my CLS luke, further building a good rebel team around him, and farming Phoenix for the next Thrawn event.
  • Thrawn and DN are easily 2 of the top4 toons in the game. 1 Empire 1 Sith. There are less memorable dark side characters in Star Wars. Many were faceless soldiers who were incompetent. The Sith and the Empire lost the war. All your whining is silly, please just know that.
  • Xenobia
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I've been playing this game for like 2 years every day religiously. It really is disappointing when you can't get a toon. I never got Old Ben because I have always seen him as a useless toon. Here comes this event and I have exhausted all my resources just to unlock him and get to play part of the event just to not be able to complete it because he's not 7 star... I don't even want a 7 star Old Ben! I'm so frustrated right now. I would be ok with being able to complete the event with the Ben I have now and only getting a low star Luke out of it. It would be a more awesome event if the elite people with their 7 star Bens got the 7 star Luke but also allowed for the rest of us to obtain a "lesser" Luke. Just my 2 cents. And I'm not saying I'm owed or entitled anything. I'm just soooo done because you work so hard at something only to not be satisfied. I'm seriously getting ready to take my money elsewhere because I shouldn't HAVE to spend money to enjoy this game. The drops for shards or gear is just ridiculous... why do I even play this game hahaha! I got 10 Ben shards for about every 150 sim tickets I used. I think I'll just go back to candy crush lol at least that is an expected let down.
  • TL;DR: people have all the right to complain on how this event was set up. It's by no means an easy farm, and to any F2P completing it you either: have been depleted of all your resources in the process; have been playing for a long time and got lucky that you had the toons required.

    I'm F2P, and haven't been playing as long as you -- I started April 2016. I have a 7* Thrawn and I have CLS. I wasn't "lucky" and I'm not remotely out of resources.

    Stormy was one of the most versatile tanks for F2P for a long time. Having him, and having him geared, isn't far fetched. Leia was farmed and geared for HAAT -- she's been an important tank character for 10 months now. Farmboy Luke I geared to g8 during his first flash event in order to get the bonus tier rewards. I farmed him to 7* once they announced the idea of the hero's journey back in May because they did everything but beat you over the head with the fact that you would need him. I unlocked R2 the first time around, again not because of luck, but because Empire characters are needed for other things. I had 7* Palpatine, TFP, and RG geared because of arena (used them in December/January) and HAAT. I had a 7* Vader (mostly from achievements, but I got his last 20 or so shards from fleet shipments), who was g7 at the time of the R2 event, and a 7* Tarkin, who was g8 and my fleet commander. It was also clear that at some point there would be a legendary event using Empire, and as someone who missed out on the first Palpatine event because I didn't have 5 rebels unlocked, I wasn't going to get caught with my pants down for what was essentially the second largest faction.

    Old Ben I had about 30 shards total, from GW probably, when they announced the hero's journey. Given that I've seen the movies, I knew Old Ben was likely to be used for this event. So I intermittently farmed his shards -- I stopped for the entire time they announced Thrawn until I completed Hera and Ezra, I stopped a few times to farm mods, and I stopped to farm Chirpa when he was getting double drops. When they announced the requirements for this event, I farmed hard to make sure I would get there.

    For the event itself, I had to level and gear R2 and Old Ben, because they were both g1/level 1. I put them to 72, and g7. That didn't take much gear at all, and was enough to beat the event. I had all the resources available to gear CLS to g11 (only put him to 10 so far, but I'm sitting on the gear), and a lot more on top of that. It's called resource management, and it's why I was able to get Thrawn at 7* during his event -- maintaining resource stockpiles is a huge piece of this game for F2P.

    I will also note that my gf, who started the game about 1 year ago (so several months after I did), who is also F2P, has a CLS. She saw the same writing on the wall in May (and mind you, she's the movies once), and decided to farm Leia and Old Ben, who she didn't yet have.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Thrawn and DN are easily 2 of the top4 toons in the game. 1 Empire 1 Sith. There are less memorable dark side characters in Star Wars. Many were faceless soldiers who were incompetent. The Sith and the Empire lost the war. All your whining is silly, please just know that.
    "Two of the top 4"...that seem to most regularly appear on predominately LS teams.

  • These forums have jaded me. But it sounds like what you're saying is paying customers are the only customers that matter?
    Happy customers are more likely to continue to pay for content or start paying for content.

    I'm not sure you'd find a lot of agreement with that opinion, or is it a fact? *shrug*

    If I owned a restaurant and half the customers left unhappy -I wouldn't be happy as a business owner. I'm not sure what the percenatges of unhappy
    TL;DR: people have all the right to complain on how this event was set up. It's by no means an easy farm, and to any F2P completing it you either: have been depleted of all your resources in the process; have been playing for a long time and got lucky that you had the toons required.

    I'm F2P, and haven't been playing as long as you -- I started April 2016. I have a 7* Thrawn and I have CLS. I wasn't "lucky" and I'm not remotely out of resources.

    Stormy was one of the most versatile tanks for F2P for a long time. Having him, and having him geared, isn't far fetched. Leia was farmed and geared for HAAT -- she's been an important tank character for 10 months now. Farmboy Luke I geared to g8 during his first flash event in order to get the bonus tier rewards. I farmed him to 7* once they announced the idea of the hero's journey back in May because they did everything but beat you over the head with the fact that you would need him. I unlocked R2 the first time around, again not because of luck, but because Empire characters are needed for other things. I had 7* Palpatine, TFP, and RG geared because of arena (used them in December/January) and HAAT. I had a 7* Vader (mostly from achievements, but I got his last 20 or so shards from fleet shipments), who was g7 at the time of the R2 event, and a 7* Tarkin, who was g8 and my fleet commander. It was also clear that at some point there would be a legendary event using Empire, and as someone who missed out on the first Palpatine event because I didn't have 5 rebels unlocked, I wasn't going to get caught with my pants down for what was essentially the second largest faction.

    Old Ben I had about 30 shards total, from GW probably, when they announced the hero's journey. Given that I've seen the movies, I knew Old Ben was likely to be used for this event. So I intermittently farmed his shards -- I stopped for the entire time they announced Thrawn until I completed Hera and Ezra, I stopped a few times to farm mods, and I stopped to farm Chirpa when he was getting double drops. When they announced the requirements for this event, I farmed hard to make sure I would get there.

    For the event itself, I had to level and gear R2 and Old Ben, because they were both g1/level 1. I put them to 72, and g7. That didn't take much gear at all, and was enough to beat the event. I had all the resources available to gear CLS to g11 (only put him to 10 so far, but I'm sitting on the gear), and a lot more on top of that. It's called resource management, and it's why I was able to get Thrawn at 7* during his event -- maintaining resource stockpiles is a huge piece of this game for F2P.

    I will also note that my gf, who started the game about 1 year ago (so several months after I did), who is also F2P, has a CLS. She saw the same writing on the wall in May (and mind you, she's the movies once), and decided to farm Leia and Old Ben, who she didn't yet have.

    I love a good brag.

    Let me hold my head still so you can rub my nose in this steaming pile of dog poop on the sidewalk.
  • Right On Devs!! Whatever you seek to do, approach to do, As long as it is within the Posture and Heart of the CLS Event you guys we'll be successful and I know I'll be happy and proud too! LET'S GET IT!!
  • As another player who will fall short of unlocking CLS, I'd love to see this event pop up again. Tier IV is as far as I can afford now, after purchasing Farmboy and Old Ben bundles to try to catch up.

    Regardless, I appreciate the changes made to the five prior characters, and I intend to use Farmboy and Old Ben as often as possible.
  • I'd also like to +1 on allowing us to replay legendary events, bonus tier style for gear, omegas, zetas, credits, mods, etc...
  • I now know what "kittens" is all about.
  • When will CLS come back and do we need luke for future events
  • they stated that he will unlock a mode in Territory Battles
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Joy. Guess i am waiting until the event comes back to unlock him
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    JId1jfM.jpg

    Or at least for now :sweat_smile:

    Moving on:

    Would you prefer a Resistance character or a FO character?
  • First Order
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Be careful. You're post will get deleted and you'll be warned.
  • Resistance cause I already have zeta Finn and Number Crunch on R2 Zetaed
  • Be careful. You're post will get deleted and you'll be warned.

    Then report the post, but you didn't answer the question to my post, so are you spamming on my thread?
    Riffinator wrote: »
    First Order

    Me too, though FOST is a grind, I'd like to see more Phasma and Kylo in the Arena.
  • They said as well on a post that they are aware of people complaining that they can't get legendary toons every once in a blue moon and most probably will change that, naybe drop all events one after each other? Maybe all together.... we will see ^_^
  • I say this with as much respect as I can and as a businessperson. The reason FTP doesn't get catered to is because they are....well....free. It is not sound business to cater to a group you make no financial gain from. I also say this as someone who saw the Ben thing coming and farmed him some but not aggressively enough. So I had to pay. The communication was fine the info was hinted strongly enough. It was a fun mystery.
  • TofuMao wrote: »
    They said as well on a post that they are aware of people complaining that they can't get legendary toons every once in a blue moon and most probably will change that, naybe drop all events one after each other? Maybe all together.... we will see ^_^

    Well, at some point all Legendary Events go into a rotation. We just don't know how long it takes for each of the new ones to come back around.
  • Mfish
    135 posts Member
    They are legendary events for a reason. Hopefully thrawn will be soon. You get some you miss some.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    I say this with as much respect as I can and as a businessperson. The reason FTP doesn't get catered to is because they are....well....free. It is not sound business to cater to a group you make no financial gain from. I also say this as someone who saw the Ben thing coming and farmed him some but not aggressively enough. So I had to pay. The communication was fine the info was hinted strongly enough. It was a fun mystery.

    If F2P are not happy, they leave and don't become paying customers. Worse they might leave review about how the game is only about the big paying customers which mean even less "new blood". Add that paying customer tend to leave when they "master" the game or become bored and you create a decline in the game population simply by focussing on a narrower community for a short gain.

    I am not saying that there shouldn't be some focus on the paying customer but dismissing the "visitor" is not a smart move. Like saying that a mall should forbid entry to anyone who don't plan to spend 100$.

    Last month I bought my first pack (needed some chirpa shard), but I don't see myself spending on future event if there is no way to know a few weeks before if said event is for me.
Sign In or Register to comment.