Yoda consensus

Replies

• Options
    Darthdave wrote: »
    Arena matches are over too quick to use his abilities to their fullest potential. I have him in my team and I think no one has attacked me because they're not sure or maybe scared.
    so.. What you are saying is really, "you need to slow the other team down"2njkas7.jpg
  • Options
    As for OP, this build works pretty well. Some guy in my server was running this as soon as yoda got released.
  • Options
    Poe, Ray, Yoda, Mace, QGJ (L)

Can I copyright?
  • Options
    I'm currently working on Rey. 6*. In arena tokens I'm working on Nute. I have all GW maxed.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't rock in arena?? Hm, why should I even bother to unlock him then?
  • Options
    Vodo wrote: »

Please answer his question. If Yoda is not an arena character it is not worth it imo. Yeah ofc I will farm him but arena is the moost important :D
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ivadek wrote: »
    Vodo wrote: »

Please answer his question. If Yoda is not an arena character it is not worth it imo. Yeah ofc I will farm him but arena is the moost important :D

1.Because the meta changes. Why do people not understand this? He currently doesn't have huge amounts of damage, but if damage is lowered or worked around in the future, buff sharing/status immunity/team foresight, along with a stun on low hp characters, and ludicrous speed all make him a good all-around character.

2.You don't just farm characters for what you need NOW, you also farm for later. Which is also why if you're farming gear, you always spend the extra energy to run hard nodes for shards, because you never know and having 40 extra shards for a character later could be a make or break for your team.

Edit:

He's also a "farm 5, get 1 free character". You get a bunch of crystal and enough credits to 7* unlock, and getting Luminara, Jedi Consular, Barriss, QGJ and Mace are all good long- term characters now (see #2). And if you already have Sid, why not farm Eeth in Arena.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, not sure if "he may be useful in the future" is enough for me. But I get your point. To be honest, if it wasn't Yoda I wouldn't even consider getting him. So wise choice from EA/CG here
  • Options
    I'm at work watching this Nessus scan and thinking how I want my Yoda/Jedi team. Am thinking of:
    QGJ leader. Currently 5 stars
    Yoda. 5 stars
    Lumi 7 stars
    Old Ben 4 stars
    Rey 5 stars

All would be max gear & level. My obv main concern is the lack of stars, but I think the synergy may make up for it. Plus, Rey & QGJ are half way to 6 stars.

Thoughts? I was considering taking someone out like Old Ben for kylo at 7 stars and bringing Old Ben back when my qgj and Rey got 6 stars. Ty for any feedback
  • Options
    It's fast but what will dooku do to it. Rey really needs 7* her health is so bad, but it's just enough at 7
    Old Ben is still good at 4* bc if he dies you get his buffs. I don't think kylo would help
    Too much.
    It will be good on offense I know that much
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    It's fast but what will dooku do to it. Rey really needs 7* her health is so bad, but it's just enough at 7
    Old Ben is still good at 4* bc if he dies you get his buffs. I don't think kylo would help
    Too much.

My main reasoning for Rey was as a damage dealer that will become a monster with buffs. Old bens mins trick would help soften early blows on her. I so agree I am excited to see this in offense, but know it will be horrid on defense
  • Options
    Only first day going up against yoda but I didn't have any trouble with him....bless my dooku and sid.
  • Melisan
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Too much.

Yoda's fast.

With QGJ leader, use Yoda to hit Dooku with regular attack so yoda gains foresight. Then chop away Dooku with QGJ and Rey.
    Especially with Yoda's buff sharing, he can send Rey into a murder frenzy.
    I use leia instead of Ben. With her crit up and yoda support Rey becomes.... monstrous.
  • Options
    I played more arena matches with my 6* yoda led by a qgj for speed and won 4/5 matches from rank 14 to rank 1.

Seems like he plays great as offensive player controlled character. I am able to destroy buff driven groups. On groups with old ben, dooku, and sid you can avoid stuns and dots using resist turn 1.

He is weak in defense I fought two other guys with him and he goes down easy when not player controlled.
  • Options
    Melisan wrote: »
    Too much.

Yoda's fast.

With QGJ leader, use Yoda to hit Dooku with regular attack so yoda gains foresight. Then chop away Dooku with QGJ and Rey.
    I use leia instead of Ben. With her crit up and yoda support Rey becomes.... monstrous.

Yeah. I'm pumped to stop losing arena matches because Dooku stuns 2-3 members of my team and kills 2 of them by the time i finally take him down lol
  • Options
    Melisan wrote: »
    Too much.

Yoda's fast.

Ben will ability block everyone. I'm thinking of this kind of team.
  • Options
    Should be a solid team. Obviously, getting all the toons to 7* will be important, and Dooku will counter your team pretty hard. Otherwise it looks like a top 5 team
  • Options
    Yeah--the team I'm trying is QG-lead, Rey, Leia, Yoda, and Aayla
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I used similar and it works without yoda better
    Qgj 7
    Ben 5
    Fotp 6
    Lumi 7
    Poe 5

I replaced yoda for pretty much all of them he just plain sucks for pvp do not build a team around him. My kylo 7 and rey 6 doesn't fit with qgj meta
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »
    I used similar and it works without yoda better
    Qgj 7
    Ben 5
    Fotp 6
    Lumi 7
    Poe 5

I replaced yoda for pretty much all of them he just plain sucks for pvp do not build a team around him. My kylo 7 and rey 6 doesn't fit with qgj meta

Why doesn't Rey work? I was thinking of running QGJ (lead), Rey, GS, Lumi and Yoda/ Sid/ Poe for my next team. And why is Yoda bad? Seems like his speed and abilities are top tier on paper
  • Options
    Rey dies fast you need a Poe 7 for her to survive, yoda you need to be lucky to steal abilities so you need to hit, avoid being hit then special to buff team, it works great in GW but pvp he won't be on anyone's squad, he also has low health.
  • Options
    He is fast, cool abilities, low HP, does not hit very hard. He looks very cool. Is a blast to play with.

Mine is only gear 7 5*, I've used some 7* gear 7 and 8 ones. He is fun, not a hasrd hitter, on par with Sid. His ability steal is great.

I used mine in GW. I noticed, wonder if others did. The minute I stole abilities the opponants focus fired him and he was vaped before I could pass them onto my team.

All in all I like Yoda. For now he'd not be on my A team, even if 7* likely, but he is fun and decent in GW for a few runs. Best in GW with Barriss lead to boost HP.
  • Options
    Yea but I garuntee if rey is only 5* she will die way before old Ben even moves
  • Options
    Rey does work but she has to be 7*
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    He is fast, cool abilities, low HP, does not hit very hard. He looks very cool. Is a blast to play with.

Mine is only gear 7 5*, I've used some 7* gear 7 and 8 ones. He is fun, not a hasrd hitter, on par with Sid. His ability steal is great.

I used mine in GW. I noticed, wonder if others did. The minute I stole abilities the opponants focus fired him and he was vaped before I could pass them onto my team.

All in all I like Yoda. For now he'd not be on my A team, even if 7* likely, but he is fun and decent in GW for a few runs. Best in GW with Barriss lead to boost HP.

So you don't think he's top tier? That's kind of sad I want him to be really good.

What about on an all Jedi team?
  • Options
    His AI is atrocious and will be the weak link on any pvp team you put him on, defense wise.
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »
    Rey dies fast you need a Poe 7 for her to survive, yoda you need to be lucky to steal abilities so you need to hit, avoid being hit then special to buff team, it works great in GW but pvp he won't be on anyone's squad, he also has low health.

Well she's fast and will have a 2/5 chance to get the assist in turn one. I have 6* Poe and can bring him up to 7* if need be, but I doubt that will matter that much. 800 hit points won't help him that much
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Any alternatives to rey for this team idea for damage? My only other semi heavy hitter is kylo ren and that's because of his 3rd attack. My FOTP is only 3 stars, geo soldier is 2 stars, ig-86 is 2 stars.

O. I should mention that I don't want to be competitive in arena. I just want to stay in the top 200. That might change the perspective on input for my team :D
  • Options
    Any alternatives to rey for this team idea for damage? My only other semi heavy hitter is kylo ren and that's because of his 3rd attack. My FOTP is only 3 stars, geo soldier is 2 stars, ig-86 is 2 stars.

O. I should mention that I don't want to be competitive in arena. I just want to stay in the top 200. That might change the perspective on input for my team :D

Almost any 7* team can put you in top 200 if I had to guess. Just focus on the characters you like if that's what you're looking for.
  • Options
    He's a Kool Kent! Mine is 6* I find if you protect him at all costs with Poe and Han + heal, the outcome is incredible. Especially against Kylo Ren