Yoda consensus

Replies

• Options
    Yoda is very fun to play and having yoda as part of your collection is great but it ends there. Do not put him in arena. He is not viable, quite bad actually in arena.
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda is very fun to play and having yoda as part of your collection is great but it ends there. Do not put him in arena. He is not viable, quite bad actually in arena.

I have to disagree
    http://i.imgur.com/5NIAGcF.png
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Any alternatives to rey for this team idea for damage? My only other semi heavy hitter is kylo ren and that's because of his 3rd attack. My FOTP is only 3 stars, geo soldier is 2 stars, ig-86 is 2 stars.

O. I should mention that I don't want to be competitive in arena. I just want to stay in the top 200. That might change the perspective on input for my team :D

Almost any 7* team can put you in top 200 if I had to guess. Just focus on the characters you like if that's what you're looking for.

Problem is all the chars I like are basically impossible to get to 7* unless I either wait a super long time or spend money hahahaha. That's why I'm going to see how far I can make it with my 5 star Rey and Yoda on a team
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    KoolKent wrote: »

I have to disagree
    http://i.imgur.com/5NIAGcF.png

So it seems the standard comp is QGJ + Yoda + Poet + random dps dudes?
  • Options
    Yeh, there's plenty of 4* Old Bens out there too! It's great, the Poe epidemic is behind us
  • Options
    Check out what he can do
    http://i.imgur.com/UTpLqWH.png
  • Options
    He is in mine too, and a very easy kill. I had him and FOTP dead before Poe taunted 2/3 times. His damage is not that high, so take his first strike, which steals nothing given the speed boost, then burn him to the ground and move on.

If he lives, he is trouble, but the AI does not use him well. He had blown his AOE before my GS had bo Offense up and Advantage. I 1 shot the lil green dude with GS basic.

He is very cool, can reek havoc in human hands. I've been testing him out in GW. Yes against Kylo it is very fun,lol.
  • Options
    Team I'm aiming for(similar to ops)
    Yoda
    Qgj
    Ben
    Poe
    Rey

Seems this would be a solid team on paper
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    His AI starts out with an attack that does good damage and saps turn meter. You can use his tenacity skill to avoid unnecessary AOE damage at the beginning. A good AOE and auto attack that is rewarding.

My only issue with Yoda is that he already breaks gear IX, so how good will he be when everyone else catches up.

If you are trying to wombo combo him in PVAI don't just abuse him for the 174 speed. He is a wonderful toolbox character.
  • Options
    KoolKent wrote: »
    He's a Kool Kent! Mine is 6* I find if you protect him at all costs with Poe and Han + heal, the outcome is incredible. Especially against Kylo Ren

Counter attack for everyone!
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    The future is much higher Hitpoints.

It seems as if the changes and new toons are hinting towards a change in which everything is going to be turned on its head.

Yoda seems amazing if fights were longer. He would dominate once the HP change came into effect. As of now Yoda is fun but can be dispatched easily, but once 1-2 shots are a thing of the past he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Speed is being pushed hard which as of now looks like it's headed to even faster fights where the person who goes first wins. This really removes a lot of strategy, it makes it all about your lineup, not skill. I think it's intentional as once the HPs of all toons greatly increase it will become one of the many viable strategies, not the only one.

Almost all of the epic characters in the universe will gain huge depth once fights become longer including real tank necessity, once fights become longer there are many toons that seem underpowered that will become godlike in long battles.

This is speculation, nothing more.

What other things do you see hinting at a huge increase in Hitpoints in the next cap increase?
    Am I delusional and have got it all wrong? If so why?
    Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
  • Options
    I don't think this game is about micro level skill, but focuses on macro level skill and patience. Perhaps you are right about Hp getting a boost/ dmg getting a nerf. However, until that happens, I won't switch strats and start farming a bunch of tanks. Daka and Dooku seem like viable pickups for either meta, so I'll prob focus on them next
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing after playing around with yoda in gw. The devs obviously know yoda will get destroyed in this meta, he simply does not offer anything right now. There has to be a change coming, yodas skill set just oozes change is coming.
  • arcanahunter
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ovn team: :)
    Post edited by arcanahunter on
  • Options
    I like him so far at 5* but agree that I'm not sure how well he does when on defense in arena

Guessing they will prob need to change his AI. He should almost never do anything other than a standard attack in the first round
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Yoda is perfectly OP.
    Where is the balance?
  • Options
    Yoda
    makes a difference , overcomes all . I'm lucky that foolishly invested at the beginning of the jedi :) and I was able to unlock Yoda . previously I could only dream about a place 1 in the rankings.

• Options
    I got a bad feeling about this... I'm kinda disappointed in hearing about yoda's
    Low hp, seems like it should be really high. He did live on to be close to a 1000 yrs right? The stealing foes abilities is kinda cool but it's not very canonical ( spelling?). He should be the best light saber dualist ,be able to share his abilities with other Jedi,( for a turn only), absorb lightning. His big weakness would be not foreseeing any Sidious attack, right? Idk , I'm just spitballing here ,just seems a lil underwhelming. Maybe the developers are working up to something,but this has cooled my interest in getting him.
  • Options
    11k health isn't terrible for such a quick character. He should have evade up most of the time too
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I dunno if any of you guys had been wondering the same thing as I was with regards to Yoda's Masterstroke...

"Does it steal taunt?"

Well as far as I know it isn't documented anywhere... I can gladly tells you it DOES NOT.

Although it would have been kinda amusing to steal taunt and then use battle meditation to give it to your whole team thereby rendering the whole action kinda pointless haha

I hit a team which had Ren's Retribution, Poggle's offense up, Lumina's Evasion and Poe's taunt...

It copied Retribution, offense up and evasion but left the taunt alone :)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • deathstalker
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He's definitely fun and super adaptive but AI with him is terrible, he takes alot of thought and strategy to plan out the best way to use him and AI doesn't do that with him. But, I think once people get a viable way to farm old Ben, a Jedi Team with Qui Gon, Old Ben, Yoda, Poe and any heavy hitter like GS, may be a nightmare of a team to encounter.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Easy kill and easy win if someone uses him in PVP. lol not worth the effort
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He's definitely fun and super adaptive but AI with him is terrible, he takes alot of thought and strategy to plan out the best way to use him and AI doesn't do that with him. But, I think once people get a viable way to farm old Ben, a Jedi Team with Qui Gon, Old Ben, Yoda, Poe and any heavy hitter like GS, may be a nightmare of a team to encounter.

Is he really THAT bad? His damage is on par with Sid, he has more speed than Sid (with QGJ of course) and he has 2k more health than Sid. I just don't see the downside yet. I guess the AI could use him poorly, but he seems fine otherwise
  • deathstalker
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

Is he really THAT bad? His damage is on par with Sid, he has more speed than Sid (with QGJ of course) and he has 2k more health than Sid. I just don't see the downside yet. I guess the AI could use him poorly, but he seems fine otherwise

He's not bad at all. Between him and Barriss I mow through GW with no retreats. It's just the AI doesn't protect him like it should or exploit his abilities the way you can
  • Options
    bombbadass wrote: »
    I got a bad feeling about this... I'm kinda disappointed in hearing about yoda's
    Low hp, seems like it should be really high. He did live on to be close to a 1000 yrs right? The stealing foes abilities is kinda cool but it's not very canonical ( spelling?). He should be the best light saber dualist ,be able to share his abilities with other Jedi,( for a turn only), absorb lightning. His big weakness would be not foreseeing any Sidious attack, right? Idk , I'm just spitballing here ,just seems a lil underwhelming. Maybe the developers are working up to something,but this has cooled my interest in getting him.

With Yoda's amazing utility, speed and damage he doesn't really need the extra tankiness because then he would be truly ridiculous.

He would be far more useful on offense vs defense mainly because of the buff steal but he has great potential, i'll have Yoda in a few days (just waiting for GQJ to get to 5*) and if you have a tank or healer than Yoda will be fine with constant foresight+tenacity boosting and so on =)
  • CaptainDaniel
    149 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Can Kylo Ren now be rendered useless?

From all the talk regarding Yoda and his ability to copy opposition abilities this leaves Kylo ren somewhere in the dumps. How would one go about countering this little green guy? Ability blocks? Anything else?

Share your thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    If the enemy team doesn't use buffs at all...

he's ok/good... as he can strategically slow down specific characters especially if there is for example luminara's on both teams... and its better you get off your ability block first rather than hers... If you manage to hit something and get foresight which isn't removed by the time Yoda acts again... his battle mediation can buy your team some breathing room

Now if the enemy team uses two or more different buffs.... Then Yoda jumps from being ok to awesome... He can potentially become like Old Ben but without having to die...

But because it takes at least two actions for him to really get going... Yoda works best either as a leader or has teammates that can alter turn meter... eg. Stormtrooper Han, Phasma and similar characters

So all in all a nicely put together character which actually isn't OP as some people claim... best way to fight him is not to use any buffs or debuffs... This makes someone like Maul very useful in fighting Yoda...

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Haven't fought him yet, but I have observed him on AI, where he predictably is terrible. I am not sure the AI is even smart enough to regularly wait for Kylo's counter and then both grab and share it in the right order. Is it?
    He's a Jedi and therefore just as much meat for the Dooku-grinder as any other.. though facing a team full of Jedi makes it hard to choose a target.
    If using Kylo on offense, I'd just wait until he blows his specials and wait on Lash Out until then.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Haven't fought him yet, but I have observed him on AI, where he predictably is terrible. I am not sure the AI is even smart enough to regularly wait for Kylo's counter and then both grab and share it in the right order. Is it?
    He's a Jedi and therefore just as much meat for the Dooku-grinder as any other.. though facing a team full of Jedi makes it hard to choose a target.
    If using Kylo on offense, I'd just wait until he blows his specials and wait on Lash Out until then.

Nice feedback and yeah I would sure hope the Al was not smart enough for that. The worry comes in the arena where you being attacked by someone who has control over Yoda. Surely leaving Kylo Ren to defend with in the arena now isn't going to be the greatest idea, don't you think?
  • Options
    You're right, I was thinking of Yoda in the AI's hands and not Ren. The AI loves to use Lash Out early and often. And a player will be smart enough to exploit it, we have already seen GIFs of this in action.
    Maybe they will change Ren so his one-turn counter acts differently. Because otherwise, yeah, he becomes a liability.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.