Yoda consensus

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, hopefully this is considered along with a few new first order troops.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Haven't fought him yet, but I have observed him on AI, where he predictably is terrible. I am not sure the AI is even smart enough to regularly wait for Kylo's counter and then both grab and share it in the right order. Is it?
    He's a Jedi and therefore just as much meat for the Dooku-grinder as any other.. though facing a team full of Jedi makes it hard to choose a target.
    If using Kylo on offense, I'd just wait until he blows his specials and wait on Lash Out until then.

I took on a Yoda-Barriss-ST Han team because I wanted to see Yoda in action. The AI did steal Kylo's counter and put it on his entire own team. I can't say for sure if it will be consistent as it was only once and completely experimental. The nerf Yoda threads will be coming.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    VicSetac wrote: »
    His AI is atrocious and will be the weak link on any pvp team you put him on, defense wise.

Definitely not true. Like most chars, it depends how you synergize him. I wanted to see the AI play him and with 2 other chars (not Poe) specifically on this team plus 2 DPS, man oh man. I did not even kill him or anyone for that matter once the match was over. I take that back, I think I got one glass cannon. It was against a team that I usually like to pick off as they are an easy win but he put in Yoda and swapped another person, it was UGLY. I had no chance. I was also using Kylo which was a mistake. Hey, he was just released, I had no idea. Now I do. I am not going to tell anyone who those 2 chars are that did it, either. Dawson, if you are out there, message me! You should have stuck with it!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    I kind of agree for offense he makes a good difference and neuters teams that rely on early debuffs or buffs.

Still the balance comes in that it only works flawlessly when player controlled. The AI plays him with wasting his damage and other cool downs so he dies easily. This is why in my defense team I run 2 tanks to try to delay the inevitable.

I have loved going 4/5 every day using him on offense but my position slips just as fast on defense.
  • Options
    My Darth Maul is having a field day with all these jedi teams, it so fun to use him now
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Berdilio wrote: »
    I used him for giggles when I was only 6* gear 6 and rank 3 attacks. He was squishy and not super impactfull yet. His claim to fame was dodging a 7* full geared Reys special attack that made me smile.

I do plan to gear and skill him up but I have not figured out which jedi other than qgj lead and obi wan to pair him with. Maybe Poe and ig86? Not sure yet need to gear/skill him up and practice.

Currently in the #2 position on my server.

QGJ (lead)
    Old Ben
    Yoda
    Aayla Secura
    GS

The assists are where he shines. Aayla calla assists on her basic attack and counterattacks. Then QGJ and GS's assist attacks obviously. QGJ gains turn meter as an assist, GS refreshes his assist cooldown on assist, Aayla can bring a friend on an assist and yoda gains Foresight...easily shared with the team. Working so well I dunno what else to say. Thinking of ditching Old Ben. 1 he sux on asdist. 2 his low potency leads to many resists. 3 he is worthless after his Mind Tricks. You WILL find this funny, but after trial and error...best replacement for Ben is....drumroll plz...Royal Guard ! He outperformed the other 2 in competition for that spot. Luminara and Dooku. I did like the aoe defense afforded by having Aayla and Dooku together tho.
  • Options
    I have not faced any darth maul in arena top 10 lately usually Poe / assist teams are the ones who can still beat me that one out of five when things go perfect for them.

Mauls probably better on offense for you than defense.
  • Options
    definitely better on offense for me, i slip him in whenever i face a nearly all jedi team and on my next arena battle after that switch him out with qgj, works very well for me even at 5* lvl 8g
  • Options
    Who is GS? I get confused...?
  • Options
    Who is GS? I get confused...?

GS stands for Geonosian Soldier
  • Options
    Oh of course
  • Options
    He worth getting?
  • Options
    Sorry on the noob question but I don't understand how everyone has him so leveled up already? I get past the first 3 fights cause one Jedi is low level. Can u restart those levels or do I have to wait till it comes around again?
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You have to wait. I'm in the same boat, have 7* lumi, 4* mace, 4* JC, 2* QGJ, 2* Ahsoka. Trying to unlock barris to replace ahsoka
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Yesterday in GW I faced a FO team, as usual phasma(L), kylo, FOTP, GS and poggle, I was just wanting for stole kylo's counter, then poggle used your droid assault, and kylo used his AoE, I used yoda's battle maditation and gave offense up, retribution, foresight and tenacity up for all my allies lmfao
    After I used lumi's heal and gg
    Yoda is far away the best support of this game
  • Options
    Meditation*
  • Options
    Yoda is good for GW but for arena he is terrible. The AI can't control him at all and his hp is kinda weak too.
  • Options
    Acronyms help point out the incredibly lame...
  • Options
    Starting out with battle meditation is really strong. Negates mind tricks, blasts, daka stuns ex... The AI attacks with him, and his damage is good. PVAI is nothing more than glorified Galactic Wars battles. As long as you have a solid team of 5 you can navigate almost any fight.
  • Options
    Genakuma wrote: »
    Yoda is good for GW but for arena he is terrible. The AI can't control him at all and his hp is kinda weak too.

Yeah, I have mine at 6* and I used him in my arena team, he is the 1st to die. Now I'm just using him in GW
  • Options
    Sorry on the noob question but I don't understand how everyone has him so leveled up already? I get past the first 3 fights cause one Jedi is low level. Can u restart those levels or do I have to wait till it comes around again?

Neither. You have to get all your Jedi to 5* to unlock the character at 5*. All 7* Jedi to get Yoda at 7*
  • Options
    I loved facing teams with him in Arena. Most just throw him on their team and their synergy isn't perfect. Doing better now in the new Arena...
  • Options
    He does fine on offense just use a defensive team last
  • HaraLucas
    67 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @ioniancat21 , @Darthbillz he is going very well with phasma (L), the assist always give him foresight out his turn.
    I'm happy but a little disappointed, the yoda of the 6th stage was a beast, and mine looks so fragile without his foresight.
  • Options
    Yet another question on Jedi teams for Yoda event. I don't care too much about getting a 7* Yoda as I didn't start too long ago so I'm nowhere near ready to compete for that. BUT I would like to get the 5* Yoda the next time the event comes around.

My dilemma is that I would like to get 5 Jedi's to at least 5*, but without investing a lot of time or energy in Jedi chars that don't at least have some other functionality (either GW, Arena, or LS battles).

My current set up is 6* Lumi, 5* JC, 5* QGJ, 4* Ahsoka, and 4* Anakin, along with a 2* Kit. I have Mace 21/80 to unlock, Eeth at 10/50 to unlock, and both Barriss and Ima at 4/80. Which toons should I concentrate on getting to 5* for the next Yoda event, but which will provide at least some utility outside of this one purpose?

I've been thinking Lumi, JC, QGJ, but not sure what to use for the other two? I imagine Barriss and Ima would probably provide the most utility outside of the Yoda event, but farming both of them to 5* before the next event seems impossible. Thoughts?
  • Options
    A case in point is Ahsoka. She's not too difficult to farm but takes up valuable cantina shipments and for all intents and purposes, is viewed as a pretty subpar performer for anything else in the game (arena, GW, LS battles, anything). I'd rather save cantina shipments for QGJ or Daka, but want to find a way to collect 5 Jedi that at least serve a secondary purpose.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Barris is key for the event and very useful in GW. But unless you are 69 she is Hard to farm
  • Options
    Until then, who else makes sense to level up? My sense is that Barriss and Ima are the two most useful jedi toons outside of the 3 I have already, but they also seem the most impossible to farm to 5* by the time the next event rolls around, especially since I'm only 62 right now... I hear Eeth isn't half bad but still pretty niche usage outside of this event, and even with the recent buff Mace doesn't seem the greatest...

I feel somewhat stuck pursuing Anakin and Ahsoka as they'd be the quickest to farm to 5*, but every hard node for Ani and every cantina shipment for Ahsoka seems like a waste, except for getting Yoda.
  • Options
    Keep going with Lumi, JC, and QGJ - that part is easy. Barris is a GW superstar, and eventually gets easy to farm (level 69), which leaves you with one more. Have you considered the Jedi Guardian? Would be an easy farm, and perhaps playable in other modes with her recent buff.
  • Options
    You should be thinking more long term. In other words, the biggest hurdle isn't doing the 5* Yoda challenge, but the 7* one. For that, the consensus is that you're going to have to have Barriss leveled and given enough ability mats to be useful, otherwise big crits are going to be able to 1-shot you. Taking 7* Barriss as a given, that narrows down who you're going to be able to use for the rest of the challenge. JC, Lumi, and QGJ are already a given, as you've said. If you're not level 69 yet, farm JC up in hard mode missions and Cantina, then prioritize Barriss at 69 while still getting JC shards in hard mode missions. Eeth Koth seems to be the most necessary champ to farm outside of that, as he doesn't compete with anyone for shards. Anyone else is going to take forever to level, and the ones that can be found in Cantina battles are going to gimp you long-term because they compete with Barriss.