Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

14567810Next

Replies

• Options
    I really enjoy TB, for a first release it is great and well build. Let them make some adjustments in the future. Just think about the first time they lauch mod or raid.

• Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    I like TB

I like the battles
  • Options
    It's suppose to be fun n enjoyable.. but since day 1, error everywhere (hope it will fix in the next phase). Later in the phase, there is impossible requirement. And the list goes on.. :frowning:
  • Options
    I'm really enjoying this mode :) I like the excitement it has generated in guild and adding some tension around un-exitable combat missions has been nice.

And I know it's been a bone of contention, but the game was suffering from a delineation between useful toons and garbage toons. There did need to be a mechanism to make your whole squad relevant (yes I am a DS nut so being LS focused wobbled me initially, but I am over that and enjoying dusting off some archived toons).

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    I think people need to get over the 24 hour phases. There is no real difference when it comes to the time rather you get to play TB once a day for 6 days or twice a day for 3. There will always only be 1 TB per week. Just because they condense the phases length to 12 hours does not mean we would do two a week. It just means instead of getting bored with TB you would literally log in the same amount of time just in a shorter time frame. The 24 hours gives a chance for all guild member to participate. Also another point you make is doing repetitive tasks and useless toons. This game is literally designed around doing repetitive tasks, granted useless toons are pretty annoying but as a guild you can spread that farming out. Not all 50 members need a 7* CUP. But having 2-3 is nice.

What do you mean by non interactive? Combat missions are like tiers, just like we have been playing. Would rather do more repetitive tasks like those for platoon? You then talk about how time consuming it is but deploying toons is literally clicking a couple buttons. if you turn those into combat mission type game modes that's going to be more time consuming than it is now.
  • Options
    I like it. It has some risk and planning involved. Can I donate my super Wedge to a platoon and still beat all 6 waves? Or do I save him at costs for combat. And each person can only do so much. No one can solo any phase or auto it.
  • ludwignasche
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    They could make platoon missions more interactive making you go through battles to deploy toons.

You deploy your toons by winning batles. It would bring some fun to the process and make you feel better for farming and gearing toons that are useless in arena and raids, just like the Hoth twins in the Battles.

• Options
    I think its a decent event, we are just starting to see the real difficulty ramp up I believe. Will be interesting to see if teams start to break down or if the difficulty is primarily in your collection.

I like the platoon idea, it does force some creativity and variance in squads. Some of the benefits are decent also.

The hard gates are pretty disappointing, I understand they basically need to have them to create goals but the HAAT proved actual difficulty could be a decent challenge to overcome in months of play (well with enrage cheat/gate).

The deployment/TP gate is pretty unoriginal, hinging success purely on your collection is just a easy cheap way to force "your whole collection counts" etc.

Personally I think having it play more like GW with decision forks etc and only being able to use a toon once would have succeeded in some of the same areas and been more engaging.
  • Options
    And I know it's been a bone of contention, but the game was suffering from a delineation between useful toons and garbage toons.
    This is a really good point that doesn't get brought up enough.

There was a definite list of "This character is good, farm them," and "never bother with these guys." When I looked at my friends' rosters I would see scores of characters at level 1 that had been unlocked and never touched--a lot would even have enough shards to be promoted, but they wouldn't bother. They'd sit on 30m+ credits, but wouldn't waste the 100k to give the Jedi Consular they keep getting shards for in bronzium packs that 5th star since they stopped using him after playing for two months.

Most of my friends hate ships and did it exactly enough so they could 3* the zeta challenge and then sim it forever and ever. Now they're still not fond of ships, but are developing them above 5* and back to spending shipbucks on getting them to level 85.

The good characters are still good and still farmed first. But now people are using their stockpiled resources on characters they previously ignored. This is a good, GOOD thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.