Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Replies

• Options
    Difficulty seems about right. 88 guilds were able to get max stars, that will go down every phase, so there have room to improve our rosters. I like it so far.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Nah... it gives us something to look forward to once the intial "rush" wears off... and thats a good thing.

The increased difficulty of TB is something that should be a milestone that is waaay down the road.

This brings up a question how long did it take for first guilds to beat T7 pit? A week or two i think?

How long till first HAAT was completed? Less than a month i believe.

Im actually hoping it takes till end of the year or longer b4 any guilds can get 45/45 stars in TB.

Actually the HAAT was killed 30 minutes after launch by Team Instinct. Had the pleasure of being part of that wrecking crew..
  • Options
    The other posters are right that this was designed/tuned to be relevant far into the future. They are considering planned new characters, gear 12 and maybe even level 90 , all of which we have yet to learn.. This is intended to be a challenge for a long tIme. Don’t get frustrated for not maxing it day 1.
  • Options
    If you only get stars in one territory do you progress onto only one half of the next phase or do you fail the entire phase? Mainly asking to plan our attacks today
  • Options
    My guild is a 60M and we could get a 3* and a 2*, but it seems some people didnt listen at the briefing, and they deployed to the wrong territory.
    So we ended up with 2 2*.
  • Options
    Need 1* in each territory to progress in all of them.

After that, get stars where they're cheapest. 2* is significantly easier than 3*. So it's easier to 2* two territories than 3* one and 1* the other.
  • Options
    You don't necessarily fail the phase. The point of TB is to earn as many stars as possible, as a guild, collectively. The rewards are based on the number of stars that your guild earns. So even if you only 3* one of the territories in p2, you'll still have access to all the territories in p3.
    Rather than 3* one of the territories though, see if you can 2* multiple territories because extra stars now are more valuable for better rewards.
  • Options
    I was under the impression if you got 0 stars in any territory you had to replay the phase but it was possible to 1 or 2 star 1 or 2 phases and you progress onto those next ones but the phase you got 0 stars in remains locked till you get a star
  • Options
    Seems a little on the hard side too to me. The problem with the events in this game is that there are some huge gaps in power requirement in those events. Rancor raid was well design with many difficulty levels that fit different guilds as well. There is something motivating when you reach the next level. Unfortunately we lack a "legendary" level now. The gap between AAT and HAAT is huge and just stupid from a design perspective. There needs to be one or two intermediate levels of difficulty there but we won't ever get that so we have to deal with it and the frustration it creates among guilds.

And now the Territory Battles... Well I think it will just amplify the gap between the strong guilds and the others. I hope for the game EA is conscious there's a balance issue for low level guilds, typically those that fly through AAT and still can't beat HAAT. But I guess TB will bring a lot of data for CG/EA to analyze.
  • Options
    Organisation over power is key, it's far far easier to 3 star one of them (one will require less points) and ignore the other as soon as it reaches 2 stars than wasting the majority of your points between them after reaching 2 stars as long as your guild all communicates and agrees where to go instead of individually just doing whatever they want

E.g. my guild has 70mil power and could have easily 3 starred the bottom territory (we're 5mil away) but loads of people didn't check discord/announcement telling them ignore top territory and kept deploying to the top territory which needs more points overall for 3*, we now only have 2 stars in both territories and over 16mil wasted points on the top territory when if even 33% of those were used on the bottom territory we'd have an extra star
  • Options
    So do we have any indication/information as to how many Hoth Territory Battles will be launched?
  • Options
    It's weekly
  • Options
    Should guilds focus on one territory to get to 2* on phase 3? If so, which one should we focus on out of the two for ground units? Do we need 1* in each territory to advance?
  • Options
    It's weekly
    Do we know for how many weeks will the Tb run?
  • Options
    fokas wrote: »

It's supposed to be permanent, like raids
  • Protasm
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In the Rear Trenches territory of Phase 3, the platoon mission buff (or "Allied Strategic Ability") is Rebel Supply Lines. This buff apparently provides a benefit in Phase 4, not in Phase 3.

But under the Details tab of the main Territory Battles screen, the description of Rebel Supply Lines omits any reference to affected territories (while another buff does refer to specific territories). Anybody know whether Rebel Supply Lines provides a benefit to Phase 3?
  • Options
    If you open the platoon, you can see top middle with yellow letters, which territory will be affected.
  • Options
    Pieriku wrote: »

So the question is how many weeks will the HOTH tb run, because if they change it the might change the toons in the tb store which are light side.
    I ask because I want to see what I am going to do with the tb tokens.
  • Options
    We have a couple of players under level 65. Will they receive territory battle rewards or do they have to have participated?
  • Options
    I suppose they aren't going to get anything
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Apologies, just found my answer (they won't get rewards) in the TB Overview post. Read that five times before I found it. Please close.
  • Options
    You have TB. And it's not going away anytime soon.
  • Options
    Now half of the event is done so here's my take so far. We were promised fantastic prizes and exciting gameplay well it is not. I'm seriously getting bored fighting faceless generic empire toons in wave after wave but that's just boring design what really pains me is moving mods manually by finger from toons to toons and paying credits to do so And no I'm not saving all my useless mods they probably wouldn't help me in combat missions anyway. prizes comes after a week but so far it cost me more in credits than I get back. Maybe think of handing out credits after each wave as in GW? And fix the manual changing mods all the time it's really really annoying
  • Options
    is it necessary to get a star in every territory to get the final reward?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I doubt Hoth TB will go away, if anything they will just add more TB on top of Hoth.

Like how you can bang both Rancor and HAAT at the same time.

And rotate/add more and more junk to the TB store- they've never taken a character out of any of the existing stores besides the shard shop and those were announced from the start as limited time, so I doubt they will start with the TB store.

• Options
    You have TB. And it's not going away anytime soon.

I see what you did there ;)
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I doubt Hoth TB will go away, if anything they will just add more TB on top of Hoth.

Like how you can bang both Rancor and HAAT at the same time.

When you first click on the hoth globe to open tb from the guild screen, you then need to select the hoth tb to continue. Looks like we should get, either, new tbs or harder modes for hoth tb added to this menu in the future.
  • Options
    Pieriku wrote: »

So the question is how many weeks will the HOTH tb run, because if they change it the might change the toons in the tb store which are light side.
    I ask because I want to see what I am going to do with the tb tokens.

The TB shop will not change but only be added to. If/When the next TB happens, you'll likely see an addition of characters available and whenever TB goes back to 12 hours, that opens up a second TB start somewhere Monday - Tuesday (giving us 1 day without a TB) but it'll be a while for anything new for TB.