Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Replies

• Options
    Cutting TB to 12 hours will turn GoHs into a part time job where I don't get paid or holidays off.
  • Options
    I'm really trying to hold off on complaining... but here goes anyhow.
    Territory Battles is huge! And Challenging! And fun! I'm enjoying it!
    But good god is it difficult to manage. Our guild is incredibly organized (I wrote up a 5 page guide while another guy scripted a spreadsheet that helps us find best player to fill platoons - We went hard for this), but it's still like herding preschool aged (actual non-curse replacing) kittens to get platoons filled and deployments managed and this is only 2 territories! It's crazy that we were promised our whole rosters would be a part of this and the only thing DS can do is count as a bit of GP in a deployment dump. That really sucks for those of us who have invested heavily in DS - with no DS version of TB's on the way for the foreseeable future. AND, it's not what you promised.
    Players can't hop and participate in the new guild's TB. We can't back out of a battle and retry. These feel unnecessarily restrictive with this insane difficulty while we're all trying to figure this out. Especially while the TB is 6 days long. I know you want to reduce it to 12 hours over the weekend, but again... the management of this is already difficult. It's going to suck to herd those cats every 12 hours. Game. Fun. Not a job.
    The CHS/HRSoldier at 7* for ROLO and DS ships... we've done this - that was a cr@ppy surprise and thank you for the apology. Getting the crystals and HRSoldier shards was nice. Honestly! I said thanks in another thread and I'll say it again here - THANK YOU!

I'm sure you'll take a hard look at the data after this first TB and I hope you're willing to make some adjustments... Consider allowing DS toons to help fill platoons, and allow them in ship's platoons/battles. You promised we'd be able to use our whole rosters. Here's an easy way you could live up to that promise.
    Ok. Done whining. Thank you for reading, I'm going to go do life now. Enter the trolls.... "Just chill man!" "If it's too hard for you quit!" "This is end game content, of course it's supposed to be hard." - Feel free to copy/paste. ;)
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    Does anyone know the point total necessary to get three stars in the two territories in Phase 2?
  • Options
    Top one - 55m
    Bottom one - 43,8m
  • Options
    no, I dont think that is true
    In phase 1, you didnt have to max to get three stars
  • Options
    What do you mean you don't have the max to get 3 stars?
  • Options
    I am saying yesterday, our guild got three stars without getting the max total of points
    I dont remember the number, but it was short of max
  • Options
    I am saying yesterday, our guild got three stars without getting the max total of points
    I dont remember the number, but it was short of max

3 stars are achieved by maxing out a certain territory. Either your guild got 2 stars or somebody did it overnight while you slept and you didn't notice.
  • Options
    If you only get stars in one territory do you progress onto only one half of the next phase or do you fail the entire phase? Mainly asking to plan our attacks tomorrow
  • OG_Vaex
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    the current state.
    First of all TB is an amazing game mode imo, therefore a huge thanks to the Devs who probably worked 7 day weeks to make this possible.
    As far as the whole Cholo and HRSoldier situation is concerned:
    If you bought the 60$ pack you got the best pack ever released and are one of the first people on your shard who got Gear 12 and you probably bought it for that reason.
    If you bought the 10$ pack for Cholo and now you need him 7 star instead of 5, you got 500 crystals an Omega and 30 HRSoldier shards as compensation.

Now for something completely different:
    Platoons
    Phase 2 started today and my guild's platoons required about 13 biggs, 7 chirruts and a couple of Bazes.
    TB is strongly focused on Rebels and in non whale guilds the strongest teams usually are Rebel teams.
    I don't know if we had bad RNG or if someone decided that those toons will be required for these platoons.
    Now here is the main problem:
    If we don't manage to fill the platoons as a mostly FTP guild with 45m GP we will have a really hard time to compete on the following phases. IMO there should be some kind of cap on platoons e.g. one toon such as Biggs or Wedge or any other LS toon should have a maximum of 8 requirements for platoons. Whale guilds can probably deal with Chirut being required 50 times and they will do fine anyways but most FTP guilds will have an incredibly hard time to finish all 6 phases in more than one combat mission with such requirements.
    After all this is a game and I dont want to spend the whole day creating spreadsheets to see who can send in what team if 20% of the platoons are filled with top notch toons.

Now this was just my 2 cents on what is currently going on.
    After all I enjoyed playing this game the last 1.5 years and I love the new game mode as it is challenging and requires real teamwork. Good job to everyone at CG who made this game become what it is today.

EDIT: just after posting this i saw that the requirements for CHOLO and HRSoldier were changed back.
  • Options
    This is new, a long event, can a DEV answer this for us please?

(I searched and looked a bit, but did not see anything, can't read every post inside every thread, so apologize if asked already.)
  • Options
    I got told posting a similar question that if I jump ship now and join a new guild that I can't participate in that TB until it ends next week.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    So if TB is weekly we only have one day to recruit? That will be fun...
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

Might be part of the reason they intended it to run for only 3 days on the weekends...
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

Dev in a @MobileGamer365 video pretty much guaranteed it's not going to be weekly
  • Options
    Is it possible to lose the territory battle ? If yes what happens ?
  • Options
    I think lots of guild's will "lose" the Territory Battle....i.e. not finish it.
    Your rewards are tied to how far you get though (how many stars you earn)
  • Options
    If you don't achieve 1 star, you cannot move onto the next phase and replay that phase
  • Options
    It is possible to not complete all the phases. In fact it is expected for most guilds as the end phases are set up for large GP rosters and gear 11 and 12 toons.

If your guild doesn't complete, you receive rewards based on the number of stars you did collect, as seen in the rewards tab.
  • Options
    Are the buffs/skills you earn by filling platoons usable in the territory they are in? Or only for the territories in the next phase?
  • Options
    It says where they affect in the platoon window. Some give buffs in your current territory, some in later territories.
  • Options
    Ohhh ok I didn't see that up there at first! Thanks friend
  • Options
    So, if I change guild, should I wait for the next battle with the new guild for rewards? Thank you.
  • Options
    Need to know this also before I take back someone as no one is sure about it.
    I thought it was ok cuz it'S an event and not a raid but everyone seems a bit paranoid about it...

We need a dev answer plz
  • Options
    I want to do some maths to work out how many stars are possible for my guild in each phase so I can plan better. Does anyone know what the required territory points are to achieve each star level for every territory? Thanks
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Short question: If a new member joins a guild now, can he enter the current territory battle?? I look for the answer in forums and reddit but couldn't find it.

• Options
    He can´t. Locked from participating until next TB launches. Recruiting/Mercing only between two TB.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    perfect. Thanks !!! :D