Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Replies

• Options
    This morning I woke up with 13 hrs+ left on the TB timer and my guild had already finished the entire area with 3*s.

Genuinely curious, does any guild actually need 24h?

look at the future: at the moment, phases last 24hours...soosn they will be only 12hours s originally intended...and the curisosity will be gone....think some guilds will be having probelms keeping their players online for TB in near future...everybody will be thinking "they will do it without me, rewards are the same for everybody".....see the problem ?
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    I think that the 24 hours for the first few TBs is the best choice, especially in the later phases.
    This way things can be organized way better.

I understand that you want to move to the next phase asap, but if this is really a weekly thing, it doesn't really matter. You will get rewards only onxe a week.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    I am all for staying at 24h. There is literally no difference at all for a 12 hour window. The TB will run anyway only once per week! 24h only gives more people the chance to participate, so please stop asking for 12h.

Also, if, at some point, a second TB is launched, they can run in parallel, just like the raids!
  • Options
    24 hours per phase is fine. It's a weekly event anyway so we might as well leave it like that, it seems like the best solution for every one to maximize guild involvement.
  • Options
    When it's exciting and new, the time commitment seems fine. When it's 6 months time.......

People complain about not being able to sim Rancor because it's time consuming
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    To anyone saying 12 hours is preferable to 24:

Are you seriously arguing in favor of less convenience and less time to complete a phase? Either way you get rewards one time per week. It should be left at 24 hours per phase.

For many people those 12 hours are going to coincide with sleep, then waking up and getting halfway through a work day. But I guess they can just wake up earlier or skip out on work here and there so you guys can get your rewards not at all quicker.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Christopfob
    136 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    I have a question for the diffrent phases of the TB Event.
    In Phase 1 you dont have a choise to do missions first, you had to deploy all.
    In P2 we have 2 fields of deploying so now my question.

What i wanna know is, if i send all i have in the south part of p2, can i fight the missions in north also? If not, what is with p3, could i fight in the upper field when i only had fight in the south part of p2,?
    That fu... my mind, i didnt find something, can someone help me!?

Thanks.

BTW: I'm from germany, sorry for that bad english maybe xD
  • Options
    Hey Guys,
    I have a question for the diffrent phases of the TB Event.
    In Phase 1 you dont have a choise to do missions first, you had to deploy all.
    In P2 we have 2 fields of deploying so now my question.
    What i wanna know is, if i send all i have in the south part of p2, can i fight the missions in north also? If not, what is with p3, could i fight in the upper field when i only had fight in the south part of p2,?
    That fu... my mind, i didnt find something, can someone help me!?
    Thanks.
    BTW: I'm from germany, sorry for that bad english maybe xD
  • Options
    If you fight the combat missions/deploy platoon toons/ and then deployed the rest of your units in the sothern territory, you will be unable to contribute any resources to the Northern Territory.

Guilds/players have to decide to either complete as much of both as possible, or fully star one or the other and then get as far as they can in the other.
  • Options
    No when you deploy all in South you dan do only at south your fight = Bad.
    1 all people should fill the Platoons in north and south with their weak chars
    2 do their fights
    3 deploy where Power is need to finish 1Star > 2Star>3Star
  • Options
    So I can fight all missions and can fill the deploy after taht in both parts, so i can fight in p3 also all fields?
    Than it is as i thought, so might be the best to build 2 Teams out of the guild and let team 1 send light side in north, dark side in south, and team 2 send light side in south and dark in North!?
  • Options
    Our guild will fill all platoon missions on both the north and the south areas first. Then, those of us with three star hoth rebel soldier will do his combat mission. Then everybody will do their best to beat the other combat missions on both the north and south.

Finally, we will deploy the rest to three star either the north or the south first, and then deploy the remainder to the other. You do not want to deploy evenly and just get 1 or 2 star on both. You want to get as many stars as possible while still unlocking all territories.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Is anyone aware of a breakdown of the points needed for each star level in the territories? Would be nice if there was a breakdown of it to judge how far to push.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cV726f6JvcBUE_Y1owhRv5-01LizzHXvuXS8m9GROoU/edit#gid=0

Thanks, TVF!
  • Options
    yeah i know, i developed a list of the rare and medium rare Chars and searched through my guilds roster to share 3 - 4 member to each character for platoon, so that might not be the problem.
    It might be clever to build 4 - 5 LS Teams you fight with in combat and special missions, so you can calculat with the rest of it for platoon and deployment
  • Options
    I was wondering if you could retreat and try again in combat missions. Or dou you just have to put in your best squad and win it in one turn? Also i was wondering if we have too fill all 6 platoons in those missions or less.
  • Options
    No retreat, you'll lose out. That said, it's great that you earn points after each of the 6 rounds, so can still earn even if you haven't completed the combat mission.

As for platoons, filling them gives your toons extra buffs. So it will make your game easier to win when you do. Just talk between guild mates on who can send the toons into the platoons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    you can't try again after retreating (forfeiting).
    Don't have to fill all 6 platoons, but it gives you a better chance of completing the combat missions in the next phase. It remains to be seen how much difference it makes though, guess we'll know in an hour.
    edit: i need to type faster ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    No retreat, you'll lose out. That said, it's great that you earn points after each of the 6 rounds, so can still earn even if you haven't completed the combat mission.

As for platoons, filling them gives your toons extra buffs. So it will make your game easier to win when you do. Just talk between guild mates on who can send the toons into the platoons.

All right thanks, guess i'll use my 7* for combat just to be sure.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Joost wrote: »

All right thanks, guess i'll use my 7* for combat just to be sure.

always use your best characters for combat (and special) missions.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Light side level 3? Yes I have. Upper territory phase 2. I did combat with hrs. Now can't enter other combat???
  • Options
    Anyone else having a weird issue where the total amount of stars your guild has gained doesn't match up with what's shown on the territories themselves? I.e my guild so far has a total of 5/45. 3* first phase, however only 1 territory is displaying 1* in 2nd phase
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    I am all for staying at 24h. There is literally no difference at all for a 12 hour window. The TB will run anyway only once per week! 24h only gives more people the chance to participate, so please stop asking for 12h.

Also, if, at some point, a second TB is launched, they can run in parallel, just like the raids!
    I think the idea of the 12 hour window is so they can introduce another TB later and you can run one of each every week.

• Options
    @Vampire_X feel free to use this in your OP if you think it will help:
    g2njgbmzx5jz.jpg
  • Options
    Chat is down again?
  • Options
    Anyone else having a weird issue where the total amount of stars your guild has gained doesn't match up with what's shown on the territories themselves? I.e my guild so far has a total of 5/45. 3* first phase, however only 1 territory is displaying 1* in 2nd phase

Yep, same here. It looks like there is a lag. If you click "deploy" to go into that screen, that seems more up to date.
  • Options
    tabberkev wrote: »

Yep, same here. It looks like there is a lag. If you click "deploy" to go into that screen, that seems more up to date.

Turns out it's not a lag, the displays changed on me as I jumped between two territories. Ridiculous
  • Options
    1. Don't trust the tutorial, DO NOT deploy all troops prior to combat and platoon.
    2. Compare platoon and combat needs prior to doing anything when the new phase opens, specific characters are needed in each.
    3. "Donate" your low geared toons or toons that you do not plan on using in combat to the platoon.
    3. Combat has specific sets of characters that can be used such as jedi and clone. Pay attention to this.
    4. Kill the skull marked enemy first.
    5. Always fill the 6 platoons.
    4. Last, but not least, STRATEGIZE WITH YOUR GUILD!
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Despite the teething problems I am loving TBs so far. The combat missions are a good challenge and the co-ordination and decisions needed to make the most of your platoon vs combat deployment is great.

I was surprised how tough the combat missions got in phase 2 - my main rebels team cleared the 6 rounds easily, but I struggled with my second and third string teams.

I'm a little concerned about the switch to 12 hours windows, but hopefully we'll have at least a few runs at it before that changes.

Keep up the good work devs!
  • Options
    TB gave us a new gear wall, GW has become impossible... Thanks Devs for bringing us a totally unbalanced game.