Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• Options
    I'm really torn on this:

As a whale, I wholeheartedly endorse any product and / or event that puts a gap between myself and f2p. I mean, that's what we pay for, isn't it? And before f2p starts griping / downvoting me, you know I am absolutely right when I say that you've been gifted a lot of things such as mod drops being upped to 100% and CLS. I know a ton of f2p that got Thrawn and a ton that got CLS. You caught up in gear, you caught up in mods, now it's time for the spenders to have the advantage again. That's just how it is.

HOWEVER, in all fairness, I bought the HR duo pack thinking my jump from 5* to 6* would be good enough. NOPE. I bought the CHS pack thinking, hey, I'm halfway to unlock, I can get that up to 5*, gear him and be ready for that phase. NOPE.

Your response to this is nowhere near adequate. You even had one of the devs sit IN on the video and explain what was going on and what was needed. This is pure bait and switch. The onus is not on the videomakers, it's on YOU for showing one thing and then releasing something else day AFTER the update when you started pushing the packs out.

This is not Phoenix, where you gave two weeks to farm them for Thrawn and had us all scurrying around panic farming. This is a beast of a different nature. This is you showed the playerbase one thing, had them buy the pack, had them farm to minimum 5* and then kicked them in the nether regions by saying "Oh, by the way, that's not going to be good enough".

Like I said, I bought the pack (both). I do not regret it. However, this is a faux pas on YOUR part, CG. This is going to go down as one of your largest gaffes yet unless you rectify it.

*Insert joke about failed launches, North Korea, and EA*
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Too bad it wasn't the other way around haha
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahhaha. That's so true. I feel back ended right now
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I'm really torn on this:

As a whale, I wholeheartedly endorse any product and / or event that puts a gap between myself and f2p. I mean, that's what we pay for, isn't it? And before f2p starts griping / downvoting me, you know I am absolutely right when I say that you've been gifted a lot of things such as mod drops being upped to 100% and CLS. I know a ton of f2p that got Thrawn and a ton that got CLS. You caught up in gear, you caught up in mods, now it's time for the spenders to have the advantage again. That's just how it is.

HOWEVER, in all fairness, I bought the HR duo pack thinking my jump from 5* to 6* would be good enough. NOPE. I bought the CHS pack thinking, hey, I'm halfway to unlock, I can get that up to 5*, gear him and be ready for that phase. NOPE.

Your response to this is nowhere near adequate. You even had one of the devs sit IN on the video and explain what was going on and what was needed. This is pure bait and switch. The onus is not on the videomakers, it's on YOU for showing one thing and then releasing something else day AFTER the update when you started pushing the packs out.

This is not Phoenix, where you gave two weeks to farm them for Thrawn and had us all scurrying around panic farming. This is a beast of a different nature. This is you showed the playerbase one thing, had them buy the pack, had them farm to minimum 5* and then kicked them in the nether regions by saying "Oh, by the way, that's not going to be good enough".

Like I said, I bought the pack (both). I do not regret it. However, this is a faux pas on YOUR part, CG. This is going to go down as one of your largest gaffes yet unless you rectify it.

*Insert joke about failed launches, North Korea, and EA*

I 100% agree. Hence the upvote =p
  • Options
    Good cover up campaign, deleting legitimate feedback. To Reddit we go.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon if Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISCUSTING.

We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.
    @CG_RyDiggs
    This is incredibly disingenuous.

You have a right to change the requirements as part of the development process. However you KNOW from the forum chatter, SWGOH.gg, the YouTube videos etc etc that 5* CHS and HRS were targets for masses of player focus. You had tons of time to say "these requirements are subject to change, take it easy" and it's fair for players to expect that there won't be much change in a week and a half, by which point a lot of playtesting and balancing should have already happened.

You could have said a week ago.
    You could have said when the packs released.

You didn't.

Please don't hide behind "it's your fault really, you're too thick to understand us" as a defense. Its actually insulting.

People made decisions in good faith with you and the info you released. Anyone reading the forums who knew the score could have seen this coming, but you decided not to do anything about it. From an exterior perspective that gives the impression that you're either incompetent or malicious.

Please understand, this is from the context of someone who generally looks at the hate fest that appears on this forum and feels bad for the unfair grief you developers get.

In this instance though, you did something wrong. Own it. Apologies don't include the phrase "if you'd..."

Try
    "We should have been clearer, and understanding the frustration of players who put time and money into participating with this new and exciting event on the basis of the information from pre-release footage. We will be refunding players on their request if they feel packs were marketed unfairly."

I understand your view and feelings. We will absolutely message pre-production builds even more clear in the future.
    Thank you again for the feedback and support.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Hamio wrote: »
    Isn't there a thing called freedom of speech. Maybe you've heard of it. If not pm me I'll educate you.

Unfortunately not so much on the forums. I was "educated" on this by a mod this morning lol. You still have to follow the TOS on their site.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It could be assumed that the youtube stuff was not final and changes still happen. That is normal
    in any game that releases prerelease videos.

But the youtube videos where "archived" in the media section, they contain "what to farm guides" including 5* HR Soldier and Captain Han Solo. The forum had several posts dealing with that the last days.

And nobody saw this, stepped it and did something like "guys, all information released was beta, requirements may change until the new mode is actually released"? That is community handling that can be improved.

Even that only the 7* HR solider is mentionend in the beginning of this post and not Captain Han Solo makes me wonder a little bit.

And seeing stuff like this I sometimes wonder if other hot topics are really understood from the dev side or just get under in the sometimes difficulty amount of posts here.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Options
    You jump paywall two toons over 2x shards, give us some shards of the cheaper one (HR Soldier), and don't understand it's obvious you still screwed your ENTIRE paying player base?

Shame on you.
  • Options
    Because to the thirty-five and over crowd (of which I am one), he is the most popular Star Wars character. Period. And since most of the whales are over thirty, the devs understandably cater to that crowd. Which is fine by me. The whales make the game possible. This isn't charity.
  • Options
    6fee10514e1510aa98706f2caec2ae618d027e9d1152aaefb4dd8d4ab391abc5.jpg
  • Options
    Their responses are the worst part of this. You could at least act like you care. You don't even have to mean it just act like it
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon if Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISCUSTING.

We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.
    @CG_RyDiggs
    This is incredibly disingenuous.

You have a right to change the requirements as part of the development process. However you KNOW from the forum chatter, SWGOH.gg, the YouTube videos etc etc that 5* CHS and HRS were targets for masses of player focus. You had tons of time to say "these requirements are subject to change, take it easy" and it's fair for players to expect that there won't be much change in a week and a half, by which point a lot of playtesting and balancing should have already happened.

You could have said a week ago.
    You could have said when the packs released.

You didn't.

Please don't hide behind "it's your fault really, you're too thick to understand us" as a defense. Its actually insulting.

People made decisions in good faith with you and the info you released. Anyone reading the forums who knew the score could have seen this coming, but you decided not to do anything about it. From an exterior perspective that gives the impression that you're either incompetent or malicious.

Please understand, this is from the context of someone who generally looks at the hate fest that appears on this forum and feels bad for the unfair grief you developers get.

In this instance though, you did something wrong. Own it. Apologies don't include the phrase "if you'd..."

Try
    "We should have been clearer, and understanding the frustration of players who put time and money into participating with this new and exciting event on the basis of the information from pre-release footage. We will be refunding players on their request if they feel packs were marketed unfairly."

I understand your view and feelings. We will absolutely message pre-production builds even more clear in the future.
    Thank you again for the feedback and support.

Still sounds a little like "we'll try and prevent future controversy but have no plans to address the current controversy" and also doesn't address the clear money situation from those that spent hard earned cash lining your companies pockets under false pretenses
  • Options
    This is really sad, FTP players can now sit and cry for next few months until they farm HRS to 7*.
  • Options
    Great job showing true colors! The game was fantastic, easily one of my favorites and very addicting up until this bait in switch. Shame the developers don't care. Feed them mega whales!
  • Options
    Hmm, remember Mod when it got released? I kinda feel the same vibe right now.

I wonder if any heard of Skyforge, they pull a similar "tactic" as what Mods did, I wonder how big this is going to be compare to that?
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gond wrote: »
    This is really sad, FTP players can now sit and cry for next few months until they farm HRS to 7*.

Not just FTP. I bought a vault for CHS, to get him to 5*. Turns out I’d need to buy 3 to get him to 7*. And I’m not doing that after this bait and switch.

Turns out also that more dev communication isn’t always a good thing either. Responses have been tone deaf.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    So this is the second (maybe even third) time that such a blatent bait and switch tactic has been used in this game.... Does nobody else think it's time that some kind of further action is required against this behaviour?

http://fraud.laws.com/bait-and-switch/what-makes-bait-and-switch-fraud

Bait and switch: advertise a product at a low price to draw consumers in- the "bait"- and then, once the consumers come into an establishment looking for that specific advertised product, claim that it is not available or do not even attempt to sell it at all, and instead, suggest another more expensive and "better" product- the "switch."

What did people pay for? Shards for Hoth Soldier and/or CHan. What did they get? Shards for Hoth Solder and/or CHan.

In the most legal sense you were not buying the right to be eligible for ROLO missions. You were buying shards, which you got. Those shards will still be applicable to become eligible for ROLO missions, whether it's at 5* as people thought, or at 7* as it now stands.
  • Options
    Very shady tactics, indeed. And to put blame on others got not reading fully also makes it look like you're putting down your faithful players. Shame on you. Never put down your fans. As a musician and salesman, you never make your client feel put down, robbed, or even worse, stupid. I've seen some questionable PR responses for such a large consumer outcry.
  • Bucketheadklunk
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I did see it as a bait and switch, however 5*requirements also seem to make no sense to me because that would mean that for minimal investment everyone can get captain Han to 5* and then totally ignore him but still get a7* rolo. That didn't jive with any previous format for unique characters.

This a case where the actual set up to get 7* rolo makes sense game wise (and business wise because whales will pay to get an advantage and being a baby dolphin I appreciate their wallets supporting my habit). However this is a PR flub almost as large as I've seen in my 15 years of gaming. The only worse one I saw was kabam nerfing everything to promote gear in Contest of C. Sadly I think the nice package we got won't make up for the lack of integrity that many see by CG not nixing this rumor before putting packs up for sale. I'm disappointed in CG either being unethical or incompetent in this matter but I love this game and the community of people I get to play with.

That being said I'm going back to figure out my plans for phase 2 and to start farming DN since the +30 got my Hso to 7*(stated farming in July when it was said he was needed.) See some of you on the battle field.
  • Options
    Very shady tactics, indeed. And to put blame on others got not reading fully also makes it look like you're putting down your faithful players. Shame on you. Never put down your fans. As a musician and salesman, you never make your client feel put down, robbed, or even worse, ****. I've seen some questionable PR responses for such a large consumer outcry.

**** Unintelligent
  • Options
    Well I feel scammed. Release shard packs with everyone believing that the money spent will let them use a toon then a day later tell them they have to be maxed at 7*. This is horrible. I'm positive many wouldn't have spent the money and continued the farm since the hoth bros are in the new shop.
  • Options
    This needs to be addressed pretty quick, otherwise it looks like a 'bait and switch.'
    It feels that way way as of right now (uping the star requirement AFTER being told a lower * req and selling packs)
  • Options
    I did see it as a bait and switch, however 5*requirements also seem to make no sense to me because that would mean that for minimal investment everyone can get captain Han to 5* and then totally ignore him but still get a7* rolo. That didn't jive with any previous format for unique characters.

Actually not. You need him at 7* in the round 6 battle together with ROLO 7* to get access to those bonus event guild tokens, which increase the payout by 25% if the whole guild does it.

So requiring 7* toons in the 4* round 3 is strange.
  • Options
    This is freaking ridiculous this is information that should of been realised to use pre-launch. You guys gave us shady misleading information in the past but this is a new low.How do you sleep at night? It's things like this that will drive people away from this game. I have really enjoyed playing this game but I'm seriously contemplating how much I want to continue playing this game.
  • Options

Actually not. You need him at 7* in the round 6 battle together with ROLO 7* to get access to those bonus event guild tokens, which increase the payout by 25% if the whole guild does it.

So requiring 7* toons in the 4* round 3 is strange.

Exactly. The original basis implies progress. Those working towards those 5* toons for P3 had a benefit if they achieved it that they would have the toons needed for the later challenge. Now basically the challenge in P3 and P6 is basically the same. There is no point even farming CHan who is basically a fast farm due to the slow farm of HRSo you could get HRSo to 6* and still just start farming CHan and have him 7* before you finish!
  • Options
    I wanted to say thanks for 500 crystals and 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier shards. I think devs heard us complaining about September logging toon not being Soldier and they gave us 30 instant shards instead of giving them over time through an entire month. Thanks!
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for 500 crystals and 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier shards. I think devs heard us complaining about September logging toon not being Soldier and they gave us 30 instant shards instead of giving them over time through an entire month. Thanks!

They were much appreciated. They helped me finish 7* Hoth Soldier and gave me a little shard currency. It's about 9 days of farming energy saved :)
  • Options
    To CG and EA,

I've been a (modestly) paying customer during my tenure in your game. In my mind, if I'm enjoying the game, you should be rewarded for your efforts, and motivated to continue to produce an enjoyable experience. I'm no "whale", but I'm definitely not enjoying this game for free either. In fact, I'd consider myself part of your target audience - someone who will pay money if and whenever I recognize a good investment. All you've had to do is provide a good investment, and I would gladly pay for it.

With that being said, however, and as a real-life businessman, there is one thing I value above all else: integrity. But what has happened today can only be described as one thing, completely the opposite: fraud. You made certain promises about your game, specifically the features of TB. You sold a commodity which I bought, basing my purchase upon the knowledge that it would allow me to meet the qualifications you had set forward. Now, after my purchase has been made, the transaction complete, you are coming and telling me that it was only a representative of your company that made the promise, not the company itself. But in the business world you have a responsibility to be accountable for what your employees promise, once a transaction has been completed. Anything less is considered fraudulent.

So, as a result, I'll tell you what I'm going to do. First, you will never receive another dollar of mine. I paid an honest dollar for an honest game - now that it's a con, I will not endorse your continuance. I'll continue to play and enjoy whatever is added, but you will not enjoy my money again. And second, I'll give you the worst publicity you can imagine. Your games are spread by word of mouth, by social connections, and real-world relationships. In every one of these situations, where I once promoted your game and business, I will now promote against you. Whether in this game, or in future games, I will always remember for myself and remind others of the deceit that happened here today.

Hope you enjoyed the money you made from me. You could've made a lot more, but now you've lost it all.
This discussion has been closed.