Platoon Requirements

Replies

• Options
    Now recruiting 11 people with 100 swgoh.gg character score. Also must have falcon and reaper. Hit me up on discord id loltheserequirements#3623
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Well, I'll say this... It would help tremendously if the devs would start to respond to this concern. Dev responses draw eyeballs. Our platoons today required 26 Bistans including 3 in 2 platoons where I thought the max was 2 per platoon. If this doesn't change, and we're seeing 26+ Baze's (or Hera's or Wedge or R2...) in phase 5 even...
    This is not the random we were promised.
    (edited because it keeps flagging b i g g s as an offensive word)

They did respond- they don't care this is a money making scheme for people to build rosters and spend on toons they don't want to play with to play against a "living" battlefield - whatever that means. Seems like a boring gangster wars "deploy" button usage.
  • Options
    deploy button
    Oh my. I just realized that's the only difference between TB "the living battlefield" and every other thing in game....

The marketing team needs a raise. They sure did hype the new gameplay well!
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sure makes it easier of course. It would be nice if the ships that were released 10 months ago (Tie Reaper, Falcon, Kylo's) were obtainable in some real way other than random luck through the ships chromium pack... hopefully, we'll get an update to ships (a cantina style table with them farmable at the last level is my personal hope) in the coming months.

How would that help? Let's say the premium ships like Falcon go into fleet tomorrow. BY the time you have the 10+ of them, Reaper, Kylo's, etc it will just be 3x Kylo's Tie Striker or Red 5. The instant you get them? Well, lookeee here, they just introduced Unkar Plutt's Double-Quarter Portion Fart Barge in fleet megapacks and I bet you'll NEVER guess what you will need 12 of.

Unlike raids, platoons are intentionally designed to never let you win, save through RNG or dropping 3-6k per month per guild. It's an ever accelerating treadmill designed to squeeze the last bit of cash from addicted whales before the game dies.
  • Options
    What's the point of requiring something that only mega whales have? And it certainly makes a difference in the next phase of you can complete the ship platoons.
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Not everything has to be open/accessible. Platoon helps but not mandatory.

• Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Sure makes it easier of course. It would be nice if the ships that were released 10 months ago (Tie Reaper, Falcon, Kylo's) were obtainable in some real way other than random luck through the ships chromium pack... hopefully, we'll get an update to ships (a cantina style table with them farmable at the last level is my personal hope) in the coming months.

How would that help? Let's say the premium ships like Falcon go into fleet tomorrow. BY the time you have the 10+ of them, Reaper, Kylo's, etc it will just be 3x Kylo's Tie Striker or Red 5. The instant you get them? Well, lookeee here, they just introduced Unkar Plutt's Double-Quarter Portion Fart Barge in fleet megapacks and I bet you'll NEVER guess what you will need 12 of.

Unlike raids, platoons are intentionally designed to never let you win, save through RNG or dropping 3-6k per month per guild. It's an ever accelerating treadmill designed to squeeze the last bit of cash from addicted whales before the game dies.

that's not necessarily a bad thing. The design of TB is intended to be highly strategic across battles, platoons, and deployments. You don't need to max out platoon territory points to clear and / or 3 star a phase. As the strength of your toons grow, the fewer complications you'll encounter trying to win a battle and deploy teams (i.e., this is intended to be a long-term goal). My biggest concern with the makeup (as I stated in an earlier post) is that the paywall hits too early. This discourages participation by the guild, and as evident by this thread, frustrates the fan base. I think people would be far less frustrated if they got to phase 5 and encountered a bunch of falcons and kylo command ships in platoons, but they show up so early in the battle that people stop having fun because there is no sense of accomplishment.

I've always found the genius of this game is providing both short-term and long-term sense of accomplishment. It incentivizes players to come back daily and play for months or years. TB falls short of this model because of a couple of design flaws. CG/EA has repaired these types of flaws in the past and I hope they do so here as well.

I think it would also be courteous for them to come right out and admit that TB and Gear 12 is designed to create a greater power gap between those that spend and those that are free to play. No one faults you for trying to make more money. To an earlier point, this game design will naturally create super guilds that will be impossible to join unless you invest money to immediately boost a bunch of your characters. These super guilds will do better in TB. No one faults you for this design, but I can tell from the comments that there is a frustration in the player base because they feel it is trying to be disguised.
  • Options
    What's the point of requiring something that only mega whales have? And it certainly makes a difference in the next phase of you can complete the ship platoons.
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Not everything has to be open/accessible. Platoon helps but not mandatory.
    To keep the mega whales paying so we can keep getting new content because the game's budget is increasing?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Can we get some sort of communication on whether or not a resolution has been reached?
    Copied from my edit to OP:

DEVELOPER POST: @CG_RyDiggs
    Hello everyone,
    We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.
    I want to let you know we are collecting feedback.
    We are listening.
    We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    However, please rest assured, you are being heard.
    We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.
    Please try to enjoy your weekends as well, and know we're all in this together.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

Please re-read my post line by line, as I tried to convey that we are reading, we are reviewing, if/when any changes are made, we will be announcing. This is fairly standard, but sometimes I find that us acknowledging that fact helps player's with expectations.

ANY new game changes will be announced through the normal means through our UPDATE and News & Announcment methods. Thus this message is dead.
    That said, I'll post this again but won't be replying as all of the information available on the topic is here and unchanged.

1. We are listening.
    * Self explanatory. I'm just confirming what you know (evidenced by me repying ;) )

2. We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    * Pretty clear setting of expectation there.

3. This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    4. Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    * Reminder that we're constantly updating and changing aspects of the game to improve and enhance it.

5. I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    * Confirmation that we will review feedback. If or when we take action is not committed. ONLY that we do read and review feedback.

6. There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    * Again, setting expectation for current TB. Explicitly saying we are not committing to anything.

7. I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    * Most Important: Not committing to any future changes of TBs.

Again, I thank you VERY much for your support and dedication to the game. We'll continue working to match the passion and engagement of our players!

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

I have always been a minority opinion here on these forums, but as one voice, I appreciate your efforts @CG_RyDiggs.

99% of the people here appreciate the effort from the devs. It's why we keep playing, spending, and voicing our concerns on the forums. If we didn't care, we would just quit and play Candy Crush.

Appreciation on these forums? Ha! Most don't appreciate here and when they do voice a concern, it's with short-sided complaints. We're not supposed to beat everything right away, so stop acting hurt when you can't win. Wai.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Can we get some sort of communication on whether or not a resolution has been reached?

Hello everyone,
    We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.
    We are listening.
    Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

Please re-read my post line by line, as I tried to convey that we are reading, we are reviewing, if/when any changes are made, we will be announcing. This is fairly standard, but sometimes I find that us acknowledging that fact helps player's with expectations.

ANY new game changes will be announced through the normal means through our UPDATE and News & Announcment methods. Thus this message is dead.
    That said, I'll post this again but won't be replying as all of the information available on the topic is here and unchanged.

1. We are listening.
    * Self explanatory. I'm just confirming what you know (evidenced by me repying ;) )

4. Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    * Reminder that we're constantly updating and changing aspects of the game to improve and enhance it.

5. I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    * Confirmation that we will review feedback. If or when we take action is not committed. ONLY that we do read and review feedback.

* Again, setting expectation for current TB. Explicitly saying we are not committing to anything.

Again, I thank you VERY much for your support and dedication to the game. We'll continue working to match the passion and engagement of our players!

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

I have always been a minority opinion here on these forums, but as one voice, I appreciate your efforts @CG_RyDiggs.

99% of the people here appreciate the effort from the devs. It's why we keep playing, spending, and voicing our concerns on the forums. If we didn't care, we would just quit and play Candy Crush.

Appreciation on these forums? Ha! Most don't appreciate here and when they do voice a concern, it's with short-sided complaints. We're not supposed to beat everything right away, so stop acting hurt when you can't win. Wai.

You're misinterpreting complaints as carelessness. What's the point of complaining? To make something better? Why would you want something better? Because you care about it. The devs aren't perfect. If they were, there would be no need for this forum.
    If you think people aren't appreciative, read the numerous posts on here thanking the devs for what they do. When they owned up to their mistake with 7* Hoth Soldier, their most vocal critics (myself included) thanked them for listening and communicating.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. Recruit Players to your Guild that have these Characters in their roster, or you can acquire them on your own.

I had whales in my guild. Really cool guys. They left us (on good terms) because we were holding them back in TB. Our guild is not alone in experiencing this.

Your solution for us to recruit whales is ignorant at best and deceptive at worse.

It seems the real answer is for us to become whales ourselves.
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. Recruit Players to your Guild that have these Characters in their roster, or you can acquire them on your own.

Or fail to succeed and have fun. Just to complete the set of options.
  • Options
    Peer wrote: »
    Hiya!

Without just simply spending frivolously on a ship pack, which has better odds of not generating the desired ship shards, how would you suggest we acquire the Millennium Falcon, Tie Reaper, or Kylo's Shuttle on our own @CG_Kozispoon?
  • Options

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

1. We are listening.

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

Better short-sighted complaints than rose colored glasses.
  • Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Hiya!

Without just simply spending frivolously on a ship pack, which has better odds of not generating the desired ship shards, how would you suggest we acquire the Millennium Falcon, Tie Reaper, or Kylo's Shuttle on our own @CG_Kozispoon?

Dark magic and a virgin sacrifice?!?

• Options
    Hiya!

Wait a few weeks for the $500 mega-super-ultra-technicolor dreampacks.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hiya!

Wait a few weeks for the $500 mega-super-ultra-technicolor dreampacks.

We all are rational adults and take our decisions only after gathering all relevant information. If we spend money we have thoroughly weighed all alternatives and decided for the economically optimal option. EA/CG do not ask us to spend money. They just make offers.

This is not sarcasm. I work in Marketing. They simply do not care about how much fun you have. Or if you can afford all the things you buy. And if you do not spend money your wishes or feedback get low priority. This is how their business case works.
  • Options

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

1. We are listening.

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

Most don't appreciate, and when they do voicing one's concern. Imo, most posts here cross the line frequently and are very unappreciative behind short-sided complaints.

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

1. We are listening.

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

You're misinterpreting complaints as carelessness. What's the point of complaining? To make something better? Why would you want something better? Because you care about it. The devs aren't perfect. If they were, there would be no need for this forum.
    If you think people aren't appreciative, read the numerous posts on here thanking the devs for what they do. When they owned up to their mistake with 7* Hoth Soldier, their most vocal critics (myself included) thanked them for listening and communicating.

Sounds like the forums are appreciative when they get their way. Thus short-sided complaints fits nicely. People on the forums should look beyond themselves and see the big picture. Just because Gw and TB battles are hard, doesn't mean they should be watered down. I am fine with devs responses so far on TB, while you aren't. Sounds like you have the problem.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Better short-sighted complaints than rose colored glasses.

Why is that better?

B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

1. We are listening.

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

Most don't appreciate, and when they do voicing one's concern. Imo, most posts here cross the line frequently and are very unappreciative behind short-sided complaints.

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    @CG_RyDiggs

Hello @Indominable_J,

1. We are listening.

Cheers, and Fight On!

RyDiggs

Sounds like the forums are appreciative when they get their way. Thus short-sided complaints fits nicely. People on the forums should look beyond themselves and see the big picture. Just because Gw and TB battles are hard, doesn't mean they should be watered down. I am fine with devs responses so far on TB, while you aren't. Sounds like you have the problem.

Short sided? No one is asking for us to be given free Falcons and Reapers. This is the first time EA has released content, that REQUIRES certain toons/ships to succeed with NO farming opportunity. You need a MINIMUM of $1,000 to MAYBE unlock one of these ships.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    The kylo and cassian ships don't bug me as much. I have the kylo, but not the cassian (but wish I did). I don't like that they're there, but the falcons and reapers I think are just ridiculous. Those should have never been in there in the first place. We're a top 25 guild and we couldn't even finish ships because of needing multiple reapers yesterday.

At least wicket hasn't been showing in platoons that I've seen yet though. Paploo and Logray for sure are annoying though.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    It really don't make any sense to have those ships in platoons. You pay 2500 crystals for a 1-in-24 chance of getting, on average, about 10-12 shards. Or you'd have to be really, really, REALLY lucky to get a big drop. Even if they were in the 500 crystal pack that'd be an insane amount of crystals you'd need to spend to unlock it. If they changed the mega pack so that rare ship shards were guaranteed, it'd still be prohibitively expensive for 99.9% of the player base. And even if you do unlock it, you can still only use it for the first ship platoon phase.
    IMO, they should add these ships either to Fleet, with their own premium tile where they rotate through, at an increased price of 800 tokens for 4. Or add them to the guild events store. Then, make their chances of appearing in a platoon much less than the others. We lost an entire platoon once because these ships were in 5/6 missions. That's just demoralizing.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

Are you? I mean really? Because they acknowledged there's a bug with platoons 4 days ago... and they haven't mentioned it again. I understand bugs happen, but where is the communication since? Can it be fixed this TB? In time for today before Phoenix team shows up in the same phase and territory where Phoenix is required in battle - like they expressly said they wouldn't? How about tomorrow when the same thing happens to Rogue 1?
    So ok, if it makes you feel better - I will express that I have a problem with the lack of communication around this issue. If it can be fixed in time, please let us know you're working on it. If it can't be fixed this TB, then apologize and let us know when it can be fixed. Maybe don't start the next TB until it can. That's simple to do. Fixing it may be hard, but providing more information about it... that's easy.
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    So @CG_Kozispoon and @CG_RyDiggs
    Are you able to update us on the platoon bug? Is it fixable for today when we have to make the Sophie's choice you told us we wouldn't have to make regarding platoon fills or attempting the Phoenix mission?
    Any update would be appreciated.
  • Options
    If Phoenix toons are required for the combat battle, why are they required at the exact same time for platoons on the same level?

I know this is only the second TB, but doesn't make much sense to me. Other phases, fine, but why this one?
  • Options
    Logging that while they're changed from previous phases today, the Middle/South territories are still identical to each other. Ships Platoons unchanged. Still identical from previous phases.
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We did not have any Phoenix in platoon needs today. They're changed from yesterday, but still identical between the two territories.
    I take it back, we had 1 row of Phoenix I didn't notice at first.
    Post edited by Muaddib on
  • Options
    That doesn't seem planned out well. Seems like that was a nice trick to hit lower level guilds.
  • Options
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    That doesn't seem planned out well. Seems like that was a nice trick to hit lower level guilds.

I have it as well, didnt they say that would never happen?
  • Options
    What the heck, for phase 5 needing 6*:
    • Middle platoon 3,4,5 and Bottom platoon 3 and 5 are the same.
    • Bottom 4 is the same as bottom 3 except that the entire bottom row is replaced by Phoenix - required in this phase for combat.
    • Middle 1,2 and Bottom 1,2 are the same with Logray & Paaloo.
    • Ships 1-4 are exactly the same (w/2 ghost). 5&6 are the same with M-F and reaper.
    Can we get this nonsense fixed soon?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    And I assigned them all, thought they said it will never request mission specific toons, yet out platoon need 5 of them except Kanan. This is either a bug or something they forgot to tell us about