Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns. If the target already had Tenacity Down, inflict Daze for 2 turns.
Special Attack – Covert Data Transfer:
BB-8 and a random ally who doesn’t have it gain the Secret Intel unique buff for 3 turns. Then, BB-8 gains 8% Turn Meter for each ally with Secret Intel. If all active allies are Droids, BB-8 gains Taunt for 1 turn.
Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability, they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, then the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel.
Special Ability – Illuminated Destiny:
Dispel all debuffs on all allies and Expose all enemies for 2 turns. All allies gain 80% Turn Meter and gain Advantage, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, Speed Up, and Offense Up for 4 turns. Droid and Resistance allies recover 20% Protection. This ability starts on cooldown and can’t be Evaded. Whenever a Droid ally scores a Critical Hit, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1. (Cooldown 70)
Unique – Roll with the Punches:
BB-8 has 80% Counter Chance. When BB-8 attacks out of turn, he calls a random Resistance ally to Assist.
Unique Ability – Self-Preservation Protocol:
When BB-8 takes damage, he has a 50% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns. At the start of each encounter, if BB-8 is active, Droid allies gain 8% Turn Meter for each active Droid ally. When BB-8 Evades, Droid allies recover 8% Health and 8% Protection.
Use “Covert Data Transfer” whenever available in order to maintain Secret Intel on as many allies as possible, as it is key in ensuring use of “Illuminated Destiny” early and often.
Stacking Critical Chance percentage through BB-8’s mods will also help to reduce the cooldown on “Illuminated Destiny,” especially against teams which are forced to attack him or have a lot of AoE attacks.
If BB-8 is in an all-Droid team with R2D2, BB-8 will always call R2 to assist when he attacks out of turn, as R2 is the only other Resistance member in the squad. “Arc Welder” provides Tenacity Down to the target, which can create a window of opportunity to stun Tenacity-Up-heavy teams using R2D2’s incoming “Electroshock Prod” attack.
If in a Resistance team, BB-8’s use of “Illuminated Destiny” under a Finn lead results in heavy combinations of Expose and Turn Meter combining to stoke the engines of the Resistance attack.
R2D2 and BB-8 form the foundation of a new HK-47 led Droid team. Try filling out the team with various other Droids that can combat the enemy you must tackle. For example, B2 Super Battle Droid is excellent when facing enemies with heavy buffs, and either IG-86 or IG-88 can supply more damage.
Where to Use
BB-8 is a fantastic addition to many groups in Squad Arena, Events, Territory Battles, and Raids, however he functions optimally with other Resistance or Droid squad members.
When using BB-8 in Territory Battles remember you can save “Illuminated Destiny” for the later rounds in the Combat Missions.