Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Options
    Nori703 wrote: »
    Whenever a major update comes out I typically love to read the opinions of others and usually 1 or 2 concerns tend to dominate all the information that actually dropped.

Here are some of the great portions of the update that may be overlooked:

1) Increased missions with in TB.
    - with missions at stages 2,3,4 included, being able to receive additional rewards at the end of the day is always welcomed.
    2) Platoons addressed
    3) 4 day break I think is necessary - officers need a break. (Empire Kashyyyk officers are just phenomenal)
    4) gear is shard shop at the current rates are more than fair. This shard shop was always mid to end game and now can be utilized, I feel, much more effectively.
    - refresh rate is super cheap btw
    5)Fleet shop now includes much needed toons. TFP, Clone Sgt., Ashoka Fulcrum!!!
    6) And we got some double drops coming up in a day.

I appreciate this update quite a bit! Looking forward to farming stun cuffs in shard shop!

I love this, thank you! Someone appreciating the work! +1
  • Options
    What's easier to obtain? Shards or fleet currency? This update is horrible.
  • Nori703
    45 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1) that depends both are easily obtainable
    2) how many shard currencies does it take for 1 zeta?
    3) and again, to my point, being fixated on one part of the update when their is much more to appreciate.
  • Options
    Really? We should spend our time farming shards for 15 currency a pop instead of farming shards to promote characters and still be able to get gear from fleet? This only benefits people with maxed out squads which I'd imagine very few have all, or even a majority, 7* already. I also haven't seen any more gear than the 3 slots that have always been in shard shop but maybe that will change on refresh. This makes the gear crunch even worse. As noted by the massive complaints
  • Metroplex79
    835 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whenever a major update comes out I typically love to read the opinions of others and usually 1 or 2 concerns tend to dominate all the information that actually dropped.

- with missions at stages 2,3,4 included, being able to receive additional rewards at the end of the day is always welcomed.
    2) Platoons addressed
    3) 4 day break I think is necessary - officers need a break. (Empire Kashyyyk officers are just phenomenal)
    4) gear is shard shop at the current rates are more than fair. This shard shop was always mid to end game and now can be utilized, I feel, much more effectively.

I appreciate this update quite a bit! Looking forward to farming stun cuffs in shard shop!
    1 and 2: I hope it's going to work as intended, otherwise we're all going to be a lot thinner.
    3: I was really hoping to have a few more days.
    4: leaning toward fully agreeing with you.
    5. That helps, but more ship shards would help too.
    6. Oh yeah!!! *raises fist*
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Shush you... we can't be having positive perspectives!

I'm not sure if the extra missions are good or bad yet. For large guilds. Good I think. For smaller guilds a bit tougher and definitly geared to encourage more spending for those teams.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    The TB portion of the update is great, it's the other stuff that has got people a little offside.
  • Options
    Gotta keep the snowflakes entertained :wink:
    On a slightly more serious note.

I don't think the other changes are that bad. It's more of a change in strategy. For the better if I'm not completely ****.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Loving the hint about PS rework and Thrawn potentially! I missed out and farmed up a PS squad so I'm ready
  • Options
    Lol unreal.
    Us: gear crunch is insane
    Cg:to help you we'll remove gear from the easily farmable fleet shop and put a hold on flash events (though to be honest that gear **** anyway but it's the thought)
  • Options
    I figure newer players will farm PS squads which would be needed for mission 2 in TB giving their guild potential early rewards tho.
  • Options
    The TB changes seem nice
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Loving the hint about PS rework and Thrawn potentially! I missed out and farmed up a PS squad so I'm ready

How did you get a hint about a rework? I definitely think Thrawn is coming back, but why what am I missing in the hint that suggests rework?
  • Options
    Remove charactec from fleet store only ships zetas and gear the character are useless
    Why make gear harder?why??????
  • Options
    Another poster Lief I think is his name, pointed it out. Something about "rising from the ashe STRONGER"
  • Options

2) Platoons addressed

4 and 5 are bad notice get extra sharp is harder that fleet coin. Gear one toon to g12 is hard for f2p and new players this changes are bad
  • Options
    Another poster Lief I think is his name, pointed it out. Something about "rising from the ashes STRONGER"

^Yes. Against a familiar enemy. How I read it too.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Any news:

- Daily ticket counter
    - Guild notif/announcement?

:flushed:

Clone Helmets?

After my 2 requests :p
  • Options
    Very happy about clone Sgt shards in the fleet shop.
  • Options
    To Dev team: @CG_Kozispoon etc...

I am ok with the removing of gear from Fleet Store, but only if you can get the same type of gear in the Shard Shop.

After the update, there is no purple gear in my Shard Shop, gear that was available in Fleet Store. So is that harder to get gear going to be available in Shard Shop? If so, that's great, if not, that's is not great.

BTW, I still have gear in my Fleet Store after update.
  • Options
    Membrane wrote: »

For fleet battle gear removal . And whoever idea it was should be fired !!!

• Options
    Yay 3 days of 2x drops on hm nodes will help out for sure unless its like the CLS event where they need to be 7* then its not going to do much unless you got the 20k crystal gift
  • Options
    No more gear in fleet shop The horrible prices for what your getting is a joke. Someone dropped the ball of common sense.
  • Options
    Another legendary event and we learn about the required toons just a week before the event starts. I don't know what to say any more. This is really crazy, I get it you wanna make money but can you at least increase their frequency? People will still spend money and we won't get these chracters "cold".

Thrawn is still not back for example and R2, if it weren't for CLS we wouldn't have gotten him either.

You need to be more fair to the community...
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You could buy 60 cuffs in fleet for 6k fleet bucks. Now 6k fleet bucks buys you 75 shards which buys you 1125 shard shop currency, which gets you 36 cuffs. Your buying power was **** near cut in half.
    This mostly helps those with full rosters. If you're still building it up, or helping your guild farm chumps like Bodhi, you just get hosed.
    They should restore gear to the fleet shop and it would be a full on positive change. You can't argue that even WITH this change it would be too easy to gear.
  • Options
    Update seems fantastic.

Thanks Team.

I'm happy with the changes.
  • Options
    Ya and lers make the easiest FO character to farm the daily login for the month we release bb8. brilliant
  • Options
    Staubie12 wrote: »
    Thanks for making the gear situation harder by taking gear out of fleet store.

That's not an accurate statement at all. Let's see,
    600 Fleet for 5 Salvage in the only store you can get : 1. Zetas 2. Chirrut 3. Most ships
    Most of the gear could be topped off in the guild store.

Now included in Fleet: TFP & Asohka Fulcrum
    Currency shop: 156 shards for 6 salvage cuffs, carbantis III,mk 5 stun guns.

We can convert every currency into currency shard. New? Rotate your conversions once a day between currencies.

Fleet for gear was always one of the more overpriced currency to spend. Now you have options - much better options to convert.

Great update!

You dont need to convert in fleet store convert is garbage for f2p and new people
  • Options
    That was a D move removing gear pieces from fleet arena. Btw, I've been playing this game since the day it was released, I haven't missed a single day till now. And it's sad to witness how this game is transforming itself from being a "game" to a business tool. I also worked at EA as a designer and believe me doesn't matter what devs and designers think, those thick head executives will never make the right decision for "gamers" but for their shareholders.
  • Options
    Think it will be 7* FO to 7* BB8?