Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Options
    My ship shop doesn't have gear anymore but my shard shop has the same usual pieces.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Any news:

- Daily ticket counter
    - Guild notif/announcement?

:flushed:

Clone Helmets?

Hopefully never

:'(
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I saw FOTP and nabbed it so that will help a lot towards BB8, especially since I already have him 5*. Hopefully this means I will only need to focus on FOST on hard nodes. :smiley:
  • Options
    ztc258 wrote: »
    My ship shop doesn't have gear anymore but my shard shop has the same usual pieces.

Refreshes are two hours apart for those stores
  • Options
    It wouldn't matter if they were an hour apart. No way it will be better than the ship shop. I was able to gear up a lot of toons because of my ship squad. Now there's really no reward for being good at ships.
  • Options
    I was already planning on farming Phoenix to get Thrawn when he comes out. Excited for the "what comes next" :D
  • Options
    I've been preparing for Thrawn ever since the CLS event ended. Hera, Zeb, and Kanan's abilities are all maxed, I'm working on Ezra's abilities right now then Chopper. Ezra and Chopper both need to be taken to level 80 and Chop needs to go up a gear level before I focus on Ezra to get him up to g9. I've got to get them modded properly too. xD
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

That seems reasonable. I kinda like that this frees up my decision making. I will now focus on zetas in fleet and use my GW currency for shard shop. I like it!

^This
  • Options

Staubie12 wrote: »
    Thanks for making the gear situation harder by taking gear out of fleet store.

That's not an accurate statement at all. Let's see,
    600 Fleet for 5 Salvage in the only store you can get : 1. Zetas 2. Chirrut 3. Most ships
    Most of the gear could be topped off in the guild store.

Now included in Fleet: TFP & Asohka Fulcrum
    Currency shop: 156 shards for 6 salvage cuffs, carbantis III,mk 5 stun guns.

We can convert every currency into currency shard. New? Rotate your conversions once a day between currencies.

Fleet for gear was always one of the more overpriced currency to spend. Now you have options - much better options to convert.

Great update!
  • Options
    Ashoka Fulcrum shards too!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure lot of players get the always needed guns, cuffs and carbantis by buying 20 pieces in Shipments and complement with pieces from fleet shipments.
    by doing this move of removing gear from there, you are making a terrible mistake and we the players will pay the price.

It's a terrible move, please rethink this idea.

No way I can get a full piece from shard shop faster than getting it from shipments/fleet shipments.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Any news:

- Daily ticket counter
    - Guild notif/announcement?

:flushed:

Clone Helmets?

Hopefully never

:'(

Clones can’t even beat Node 3 of GW any more. They’ve got a lot bigger problems than helmets
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Haters gotta hate. But at least wait 'till you see the shard shop prices before you hate. 170 shard points for 6 stun cuffs is way better than 1/3rd of a Zeta mat for 6 cuffs.
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Anyone else angry about this? I'm not happy about it.
  • Options
    I don't understand the logic behind it. I hate it. I could buy purple gear pieces for 650 tokens in the fleet store. Now I have to spend 1200 on duplicate character shards in the fleet store in order to convert that to 225 shard shop tokens, still leaving me 27 shard shop tokens short to only buy 3 pieces of gear. This makes the game better how?

Makes it better because now you can convert GW shards instead or arena, or maybe bronzium pulls you already had toons of, or cantina shards, and now you can save those Fleet tokens for better value like Zetas
  • Options
    ztc258 wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter if they were an hour apart. No way it will be better than the ship shop. I was able to gear up a lot of toons because of my ship squad. Now there's really no reward for being good at ships.

Uhh...zetas?
  • Options
    I have to agree that the removal of gear from the fleet store isn’t a good call.
    And I’m not really seeing any significant increase on the territory battle rewards...
  • Options
    EenerGwnok wrote: »
    So the question now is, what’s the minimum to unlock him at 7*?

Ezra G9 everyone else G8 good enough?
    Abilities max without omegas and decent mods. Enough?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117206/7-thrawn-no-sabine-new-low-for-requirements#latest

Tons of info in this thread - that G8 should work with decent mods, omegas, and patience.
  • Options
    This is an awesome update.

But I hope marquee toons will still cycle through the shard shop following the regular release cadence.
  • Options
    Gear prices in the shard shop are favorable. Glad they took gear away from where zetas are available.
  • Options
    Jermunji wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

That seems reasonable. I kinda like that this frees up my decision making. I will now focus on zetas in fleet and use my GW currency for shard shop. I like it!

This guys get it! Or gal, sorry to assume
  • Options
    The most recent (I think) mega thread answered 90% of the people's complaints on this forum.
    Fleet store change seems like a big drawback but shard shop currency will be used to buy more gear now and TB will pick up the leftover slack.
    Job well done CG!
  • Options
    Crystal booster pack?
  • Options
    My first order has said me work for BB8.

I'm gonna blow the small amount of crystals I have saved and if I don't get him then ill take that as a sign that it is my time to quit the game or something.

Very tired of these last minute farm fests trying to get me to buy a waste of money $80 pack.

Game has lost its luster.

BB8 or BUST!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    As a typical hater of most updates (started playing Dec 2015) this may be the best update the game has ever seen in terms of being favorable to the player base.

Overly pleased, well done
  • Options
    Iran a garbage update and it does nothing to help the game.
  • Options
    Remove charactec from fleet store only ships zetas and gear the character are useless
    Why make gear harder?why??????
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I really hate [1] the censoring of these forums holding back my thoughts, and [2] an incredible and very op replacement for R2 that will result in incredible raid scores to be locked behind TWO FUDGING HARD NODE LOCKED CHARACTERS. Are you kidding me!? Who the heck designs this? I couldn't have planned it out any worse. [Sept 1] Hey guys btw there's gonna be a legendary character that needs FO to unlock, that's why Phasma is daily login. We COULD place someone who takes more than 1 week of farming from galactic war, like maybe FOST, but nah." Would that have been so difficult? You give love for resistence by creating this amazing character for them... only to block them by exactly 5 characters, all of which are 100% needed. It's Thrawn again but worse. Atleast for them they placed Phoenix last second on accessible places. Unless they have FOST and FOTP in fleet store as part of the "extended" characters replacing gear, then this might be what makes me quit the game after playing for 2 years. I simply can't deal with the last second notice kitten anymore. Spending money on a mobile game is just dumb. We could be spending money for charity, donations, and better improving life for others who are miserable but instead a kraken will spend thousands of dollars per month for no other reason than to catch them all. I'm disgusted. For my fellow f2p, I nod at you, and for my casual spenders, support the game, you keep it alive. For the whales and krakens, I can't believe people like you exist.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Options
    Gear moving from fleet to shard is really going to hurt newer players. For that alone I'm not sure that was a wise move. 6 cuffs for 186 shard seems reasonable (almost 13 shards worth) though, so it's not all bad.
    Great to finally see fotp in fleet - but honestly, what took so long? Should have been there since the beginning.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Whenever a major update comes out I typically love to read the opinions of others and usually 1 or 2 concerns tend to dominate all the information that actually dropped.

Here are some of the great portions of the update that may be overlooked:

1) Increased missions with in TB.
    - with missions at stages 2,3,4 included, being able to receive additional rewards at the end of the day is always welcomed.
    2) Platoons addressed
    3) 4 day break I think is necessary - officers need a break. (Empire Kashyyyk officers are just phenomenal)
    4) gear is shard shop at the current rates are more than fair. This shard shop was always mid to end game and now can be utilized, I feel, much more effectively.
    - refresh rate is super cheap btw
    5)Fleet shop now includes much needed toons. TFP, Clone Sgt., Ashoka Fulcrum!!!
    6) And we got some double drops coming up in a day.

I appreciate this update quite a bit! Looking forward to farming stun cuffs in shard shop!