Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

15678911Next

Replies

• berserkerbg
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My Zeta is totaly free from ship chalanges. Ships i need apears very rare. My Fleet arens tokens are building above 3000 now. And i dont like to convert them into shards. Total frustation. Soon all abandon Fleet shop totaly, since i will have all the ships i use. Farming shard is absurd hard. You have to stop enytinhg else in this game for like 6 monts, till get all gear for all the hearoes i need it. Another huge step towards P2W dominance. Ofc devs wants us to sneeze $ more in this game. Thats is all about. I dont use the usless Shard Shop. No time for such farm. If the fam in the games becomes too tiresome, i just change the game. Sorry for bad english.
    Post edited by berserkerbg on
  • Eric_Gallium
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Feels like a waste of time, but I'll comment in anyway. I agree with the OP for the most part. The removal of the gear sucks, but not for the same reasons everyone is complaining about. The accessibility of the higher tier of gear is fantastic, with the release of the guild event store, so I can see how they figured it was redundant to have both operating in tandem.

However, the mk 5 droid callers and fusion furnaces (and the Nubian gears) seem to have not been considered when balancing these changes. In the "improved" shard shop, they are still more expensive per unit than the next tier up of the same item (i.e. Mk 5 droid caller, 252 currency for 3 pieces. Mk 6 droid callers 210 currency for 5 pieces) and due to the addition of the g10-11 gear, they show up much less frequently. It seems to have resulted in a net decrease in the amount of these you can farm in a week.

Seems like the g8-g9 wall gets harder to get passed, not easier. Just my 2¢
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I can't disagree more with the original post. I think it's better than it's ever been.

This, wholeheartedly.

All of these people complaining about the Shard Shop are clearly spending more time complaining than buying from the shard shop, because just since the change I have 80 surplus Mk3 Holos, almost 150 Stun Guns, about 90 Stun Cuffs, 120 Golden Fabritech Pads and 200 Golden Eyes.

Not ALL of that has come from just the shard shop, but I also haven't spent a single point of energy on ANY of them.

I made the point once in this thread and I'll make it again: YOU CAN STILL SPEND FLEET CURRENCY ON GEAR. I don't get how people don't understand this...

I'm glad you like the Shard Shop. I like it as well. Unlike you I've only gotten 24 cuff total from it since it was changed last week including several experimental refreshes of that store. But this post was about the Fleet Store. Not the Shard Store.

And I still don't get how you don't understand that I absolutely, positively, 100% CANNOT spend my Fleet Currency on gear now. I've done the math on it. I accumulate scrap shards without trying fast enough that I can buy every single piece of useful gear I see in the new Shard Store. So I CANNOT just turn Fleet Currency into Shard Shop currency. Besides the fact that you lose some in the conversion rate it would sit there wasted unless I want to spend hundreds of crystals on refreshes too.

And I have repeatedly said that, but either nobody can read, or nobody can do middle school math. In any case, regardless of several other positive changes to the game, I don't see any reason to remove any avenues to obtain gear, and don't see why anyone supports removing gear farming opportunities.

+1
  • Options
    B) - Grevious.
  • Options
    I still hate that they removed gear from the fleet store. The gear grind is so ridiculous, I am so frustrated I think I will quit this frustrating game.
  • Options
    Has TIE Advanced been removed? I haven't seen it in a long time.
  • Options
    I rather the new fleet store
  • Options
    Riphraff wrote: »
    Has TIE Advanced been removed? I haven't seen it in a long time.

from shard shop? yes
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    The new shard shop is like gear heaven, idk what y'all talking about.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The way you move threads, one would think cg is paying you a 7 figure salary.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    The new shard shop is like gear heaven, idk what y'all talking about.

I like the Shard Shop. I don't like the removal of gear from the Fleet Store. I've explained why quite a bit.
    Mullato wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The way you move threads, one would think cg is paying you a 7 figure salary.

Also I know for a fact that my boy Kyno is an unpaid volunteer, so much appreciated there Kyno. Also this topic was left on the front page for weeks. I'm very greatful that my main gripe got a bit of visibility as long as it did. Thanks to all the moderators for your tireless work.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
This discussion has been closed.