Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• Options
    At first I was on board with the change, but then stun cuffs have only appeared 1x in the shard shop for me since the change and stun guns haven't appeared at all, so now I'm jumping on the "hater" wagon. The only avenue left is 500+crystals for 20 or 1400 for full gear... having the gear in the ship store was a much better option!

People will realise this soon enough. Havi g only 7 slots and assigning cuffs in just 1 slot and is shared by 5-6 other items with a 'cheap' refresh cost are enough proof that the intention is frustrate players and not alleviate the gear crunch
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.

↑↑↑

Also this a troll post right? You really complaining about stun cuffs when you have "more zetas than I need".... Really?

the misnomer in his post is how he laughably asserts gear "easier to obtain." When there's less of it appearing? Sure, buddy.

and anyone who claims to "have more Zetas than I need" is either full of it or doesn't rank very highly in Arena due to the lack of good sense to compete efficiently with the necessary resources on hand. It's like the driver of a petrol truck who is stuck on the side of the freeway because he refuses to fill up his own gas tank.

"Yeah but look at all the fuel I've got."

I find this hilarious. As Jacen's shard mate, I can confirm he ranks top 10 every day. He has 4 zetas, and saved up over 100 mats. He showed us a pic. I'm very impressed with his self control, considering how well he does in this game for a hoarder

Thanks Shadmate! Also I'm top 2 every day. Get it straight. ;)

@Carrion_Spike I guess we have our answer on what "have more zetas than I need" is....

It's 4.....

4 zetas...

4 on characters, and 116 mats I don't see any need to put on anyone at the moment. I will Zeta Jyn lead once I gear up the whole R1 team a bit more.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Jacen, it is likely that you just need to adjust your farming strategy if you have more shard currency than you can spend.

Up to now I used all my crystals to buy either Furnaces or difficult/impossible to farm yellow components, and my regular energy to farm whatever I needed. With this change, if you have a large amount of shard currency, you can stockpile up on things you'll need in advance, and just buy cuffs and guns when they appear.

This allows me to use my energy and crystals on other things.
    At 1 in 7 drop rate, you will get 1 full stun cuff and 1 full stun gun each week. If you refresh every time, you can get a second of each for 700 crystals total (providing you have that much shard currency), or 350 each. I would consider that bargain prices.

1/7 chance to drop in one slot refreshing 4 times a day means a full cuff every 2 weeks on average. Check your math. And once again I resent even having to discuss the Shard Store. It's a small trickle of free gear using currency that was going to waste before. Good change. But I started a separate thread to talk about the changes to the Fleet Store. There was no good reason to ruin the Fleet Store. Having gear in both is not in any way going to cause the gear crunch to disappear. I'm still going to be years grinding just cuffs.
  • Options
    Yeah I got ahead of myself a bit there. But if you get a stun gun and a stun cuff every two weeks total, and another pair for 700 crystals, and other gear that you would otherwise need to farm, that cannot do anything but speed up the acquisition of stun cuffs ?

I don't disagree that maybe having an exclusive guns and cuffs drop spot would be a bad thing, but it's far from "the shop is a complete disaster".
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    I am a long time player. 2.4m gp. I bought a lot of gear from the fleet shop. Helped me and my guild finish haat in the early days. I consider the zeta cost to be too great. Yes I have fewer zetas than my guild mates, but I guess I was lucky in that I never zetad a ds toon, so I effectively caught up with a lot of them.

In any case, I think the new shard shop is good, and would not choose to revert to the previous system, but I wish gear was still in the fleet store as well. You still would have to choose between valuable shards, zetas, and gear. Don't think it would make gearing anywhere close to easy.

Smartest man in the world - this message should be pulled out and made a stuck post - NEVER zeta a DS character in this game. I wish we had been allies the last 8 months :)

Never zeta DS side? That is not my case. I have only zeta on DS. Plan to zeta on Thrawn,Death Trooper and Krenic. If StormTrooper would have different zeta upgrade would also got one.

May the force be with you!
  • Options
    I agree with the OP, well said.

Removing gear from ship shop is the 2nd worse decision EA has ever made in shops. The ONLY thing worse was when they deleted the store to sell excess items back.
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • Options
    The Shard Store is a completely different subject. It was redesigned for the whales and long timers who have maxed out GW and Squad stores. Thereby giving them an outlet to spend and more gear choices for them without the unneeded character shards.
    I've been playing for a year since switching phones and losing my og account. The shard store was something I'd get something from every 2 weeks or so. It's a great upgrade for the minority that use it compared to the majority of regulars that use the fleet store. For me as well. I can get gear once or twice a week now whenst cashing in bronziums. In no way are the changes there to do with the fleet changes.

I've got 30+ 7 stars. Ranked between 400 and 200 in the arena and top 30 in fleet arena. Working on my 5th zeta. I got all of my zetas from fleet challenges. The shard store for everyone was a place to get everything. Those that can't afford the crystals for gear in the shop and can't farm 100 cuffs for characters like tfp or wedge. Those that can't get zetas in the fleet challenge battle. Those that need rarer character sharts. I buy 2 or 3 things a day there. Shards for ezra, shards for a ship i don't use because of garrisons now. Cuffs, anvils, ray guns etc.. for needed gear. Now they've taken that choice away making it harder for regular players to farm gear.
  • Options
    Again, you can still farm gear with fleet currency, you just get 25% less of it (which is easily compensated by getting shards from other places, even for people who have only been playing half a year)
  • Options
    Yeah I got ahead of myself a bit there. But if you get a stun gun and a stun cuff every two weeks total, and another pair for 700 crystals, and other gear that you would otherwise need to farm, that cannot do anything but speed up the acquisition of stun cuffs ?

I don't disagree that maybe having an exclusive guns and cuffs drop spot would be a bad thing, but it's far from "the shop is a complete disaster".

I. Never. Said. The. SHARD. SHOP. Was. A. Complete. Disaster. I like that gear was added there at a very reasonable price. I don't like that gear was REMOVED... from the FLEET STORE. There is another thread about how great the new Shard Store is. And while I think people who've had above average RNG are over valuing it a bit, I agree it's a great addition, that I like. That's why I made this thread about the other store so nobody would mistake my complaint about the one for the other. But it keeps happening.
  • Options

I. Never. Said. The. SHARD. SHOP. Was. A. Complete. Disaster. I like that gear was added there at a very reasonable price. I don't like that gear was REMOVED... from the FLEET STORE. There is another thread about how great the new Shard Store is. And while I think people who've had above average RNG are over valuing it a bit, I agree it's a great addition, that I like. That's why I made this thread about the other store so nobody would mistake my complaint about the one for the other. But it keeps happening.

You might need to be patient. There is a group of gamers on the forums that are simply exhausted with the constant barrage of complaints that maybe they've become jaded toward any complaints at all. Nothing personal I think.

As a reference, I very rarely complain about the rules of the game, but that's just me. The last complaint I had was about the OP Rex lead destroying mods and allowing anybody to compete. Aside from that one small issue, I see no reason to be worked up or upset,and I'm sure others feel the same way.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Again, you can still farm gear with fleet currency, you just get 25% less of it (which is easily compensated by getting shards from other places, even for people who have only been playing half a year)

No. You can't. Totally false. I get more than enough currency from bronze packs, random GW drops, extra Raid Han/GK shards, and cashing in GW currency to buy every piece of gear that is even close to useful from the new Shard Store, and have some left over even if I refreshed the Shard Store a bit. Cashing in Fleet Currency for Shard Shop Currency would just mean I have extra Shard Shop currency laying around.
  • Options

You might need to be patient. There is a group of gamers on the forums that are simply exhausted with the constant barrage of complaints that maybe they've become jaded toward any complaints at all. Nothing personal I think.

As a reference, I very rarely complain about the rules of the game, but that's just me. The last complaint I had was about the OP Rex lead destroying mods and allowing anybody to compete. Aside from that one small issue, I see no reason to be worked up or upset,and I'm sure others feel the same way.

It's just annoying to have to repeat the same thing over, and over when people clearly aren't even attempting to read. That guy put in quotation marks something I never said, and haven't seen anyone say. I think he's arguing with an imaginary poster.

And I'm in the same boat as you. I love most of what's happening with the game. I love TB, I totally understand it's going to take a bit to work out some kinks, they are making changes very rapidly to accommodate player feedback, they are communicating more than ever, they did the right thing with the 5-7* toon requirement debacle, they put mod drop rates back to 100% where they used to be, and bad characters/factions are slowly getting reworked. Mostly positive change.

And I never had an issue with Rex lead. I always believed it was only there to hold back the flood of Zauls that preceded it. I didn't have a problem with Phoenix being required for Thrawn. They made them the easiest faction in the game to farm, and put them on double drops for a generous time period. And I defended Chaze as being not OP (even though I've never used them in arena), but the new power level all characters where moving towards. I've been very pro-devs for the most part, and defended them quite a bit to the point I was asked to be a moderator a while back.

So I think I'm allowed to think this one change is bad, and anti-player. I'm not accusing the devs of being greedy (they have every right to make money at their job), or rage quitting. Im not insulting anyone even though I've been called senseless, and stupid in this thread. I think I'm being as polite as can be expected.

And I know that others do agree with me. I heard AhnaldT101 say in one of his recent videos he didn't understand why they pulled gear from the Fleet Store either. I've heard some top level players on the SWGOH In Depth podcast say not long ago that they were definitely gear farming from the Fleet Store to. I've talked to other players I know who did too. So I'm just trying to get some eyes on the topic, and defend my point from those that keep not reading what's in here already, presenting false facts, dragging in a different subject, and throwing backhand insults at me.
  • Options
    I never intended to claim that you said it was a complete disaster, but that seems to be the conclusion people are steering to here, and I believe it to be entirely false.

I've also said that maybe there is need for a cuffs/guns only node in the shard shop, but I like that the gear is now gone from fleet, and I hope it also gets pulled from the Guild store.
    I'm still not convinced that there is insufficient stun cuff drops in the shard shop, most people just have an enormous back log for them, and many things to gear. And yes, I too need about 800 stun cuff salvage urgently, but I just think that it's way better now than it was before.
  • Options
    I never intended to claim that you said it was a complete disaster, but that seems to be the conclusion people are steering to here, and I believe it to be entirely false.

I've also said that maybe there is need for a cuffs/guns only node in the shard shop, but I like that the gear is now gone from fleet, and I hope it also gets pulled from the Guild store.
    I'm still not convinced that there is insufficient stun cuff drops in the shard shop, most people just have an enormous back log for them, and many things to gear. And yes, I too need about 800 stun cuff salvage urgently, but I just think that it's way better now than it was before.

Could you explain why you like that gear is gone from the fleet store? This makes no sense to me, unless you are conflating the shard shop change with the removal of fleet store gear. But your comment about the guild store makes me think you have some other reason you want less gear options available.
  • Options

It's just annoying to have to repeat the same thing over, and over when people clearly aren't even attempting to read. That guy put in quotation marks something I never said, and haven't seen anyone say. I think he's arguing with an imaginary poster.

And I'm in the same boat as you. I love most of what's happening with the game. I love TB, I totally understand it's going to take a bit to work out some kinks, they are making changes very rapidly to accommodate player feedback, they are communicating more than ever, they did the right thing with the 5-7* toon requirement debacle, they put mod drop rates back to 100% where they used to be, and bad characters/factions are slowly getting reworked. Mostly positive change.

And I never had an issue with Rex lead. I always believed it was only there to hold back the flood of Zauls that preceded it. I didn't have a problem with Phoenix being required for Thrawn. They made them the easiest faction in the game to farm, and put them on double drops for a generous time period. And I defended Chaze as being not OP (even though I've never used them in arena), but the new power level all characters where moving towards. I've been very pro-devs for the most part, and defended them quite a bit to the point I was asked to be a moderator a while back.

So I think I'm allowed to think this one change is bad, and anti-player. I'm not accusing the devs of being greedy (they have every right to make money at their job), or rage quitting. Im not insulting anyone even though I've been called senseless, and **** in this thread. I think I'm being as polite as can be expected.

And I know that others do agree with me. I heard AhnaldT101 say in one of his recent videos he didn't understand why they pulled gear from the Fleet Store either. I've heard some top level players on the SWGOH In Depth podcast say not long ago that they were definitely gear farming from the Fleet Store to. I've talked to other players I know who did too. So I'm just trying to get some eyes on the topic, and defend my point from those that keep not reading what's in here already, presenting false facts, dragging in a different subject, and throwing backhand insults at me.

Ya, I guess the forums can be difficult at times. I think CG is looking for feedback on their game; they've as much said so.

My situation differs from yours, and others with similar situations to you. I believe I have 19 zeta'd toons, and I'm looking for more. I would not use fleet store for gear, and am glad shard shop now offers it. I'm certain CG is running the numbers on the 2.0 shops, and if their metrics aren't met, I'm certain they'll change things. Devs haven't been open so far about the shops 2.0 versions' reason for changes, so it's difficult to really say anything except to do as you've done and offer feedback.

With that said, I'll be honest, this thread just goes in circles.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Everyone happy of the Fleet store change is a level 85 player with at least 50+ 7* toons. A lot of people unhappy are 60 to 85 with less than 10 7* toons. Those under level 60 don't matter as really neither store is open to them. The middle ground is the ones who lost in this transition. Those keep saying it easy to get shard currency don't think that not everyone is top 50 in arena and can't easily get excess shards. This just made a longer and bigger gear crunch. Level 8 and 9 LS and DS battles are impossible now for them, last three battles in GW got harder as well.
  • Options

I've not seen anyone say that the Shard Store is a disaster. I've not seen anyone reach that conclusion. I've lost count of how many times I've said I like that addition, and it's a good change. So it really seems like you putting that in quotation mark IS trying to claim somebody was saying it.

And as for you not being convinced... I don't know what to tell you. There is only one slot for cuffs to fall and there are 7 total pieces that can fall there at least (possibly more). Unless you refresh the Shard Store you will average 24 cuff salvage per week as long as you're awake for all four refreshes. That's math. Disagreeing with that is like not being convinced that 2+2=4. Although in this case it's 7 days x 4 refreshes daily = 28 chances to drop. 28 chances/7 possible drops= 4 cuffs drops per week. And 4 cuff drops per week x 6 cuff salvage per drop = 24 cuff salvage a week.

And again... why do you like something being taken from others? If you don't like it... don't use it. But if others find value in it, they can make use of it. That makes zero sense.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You're never going to convince the boot lickers that removing choice is a bad thing, man. Everyone is trying to convince you why you're wrong, instead of recognizing that not changing the fleet store has absolutely no effect on them at all, they're totally brainwashed dude.

I was really annoyed at this too, but it seems this forum is full of people that love to disagree, the change to fleet store was a liberty, I was getting a lot of gear from there too, and all you hear people say is, "the shard store has loads, and is cheaper" Erm no..it's not.

The way the change has been justified is the new TB store, where you can also get gear etc, but I feel like what they gave in one hand, they took in another.
  • Options
    Valjean wrote: »
    I agree with the OP, well said.

Removing gear from ship shop is the 2nd worse decision EA has ever made in shops. The ONLY thing worse was when they deleted the store to sell excess items back.

Definitely agree, a shop to trade unwanted gear is exactly what the game needs, and should never have been removed.
  • Options
    At first I was on board with the change, but then stun cuffs have only appeared 1x in the shard shop for me since the change and stun guns haven't appeared at all, so now I'm jumping on the "hater" wagon. The only avenue left is 500+crystals for 20 or 1400 for full gear... having the gear in the ship store was a much better option!

100% true. Also I would add: for many players shard shop has 3 refreshes not four. We have to sleep also and not check shard shop...
  • Options

So I think I'm allowed to think this one change is bad, and anti-player. I'm not accusing the devs of being greedy (they have every right to make money at their job), or rage quitting. Im not insulting anyone even though I've been called senseless, and **** in this thread. I think I'm being as polite as can be expected.

I would add that all players from my guild farmed gear from fleet store.
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The new shard shop has generated me far more gear pieces and fleet store ever did

For me it's been stun guns out the yin yang. I never got this many per week with the Fleet Store. That said, I would like to know if the total amount of gear from this one store is = to the situation before the change, or if it's more or if it's less. I simply do not know.

I've already managed to craft a full cuffs and almost 2 stun guns thanks to shard shop 2.0 and now i dont mind the GW grind either. So I'm not really complaining

Admittedly I refresh the crap outta the shop, but it's cheaper than buy gear for crystals.
  • Options

100% true. Also I would add: for many players shard shop has 3 refreshes not four. We have to sleep also and not check shard shop...

We're not talking about the shard shop - the focus of this thread is the fleet shop.

(Also, it's worth noting that not everyone keeps the same bedtime hours you do. Many people get up before 7am or go to bed after 1am - some, on busy days...especially for us parents...both.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

We're not talking about the shard shop - the focus of this thread is the fleet shop.

(Also, it's worth noting that not everyone keeps the same bedtime hours you do. Many people get up before 7am or go to bed after 1am - some, on busy days...especially for us parents...both.)
    Please, some of players in this thread are talking about shard shop and how many cuffs can have from there and how many they had in fleet store based on Numbers of refreshes. So keep this kind of replies to yourself...
  • Options
    My cuff/gun farming has come to a grinding halt as the shard shop has had useless garbage for me the last 2 days. I don't remember the fleet store having as much useless gear as the shard shop. And when it did have useless gear, there was still 2 or 3 spots where wanted gear would be.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    My cuff/gun farming has come to a grinding halt as the shard shop has had useless garbage for me the last 2 days. I don't remember the fleet store having as much useless gear as the shard shop. And when it did have useless gear, there was still 2 or 3 spots where wanted gear would be.

I suggest doing the 2 25 crystal refreshes daily in the Shard Shop, more often than not you'll find something useful in the first 3 slots as well as other valuable gear (Mk3 Holos, Mk4 keypads, etc.)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    By itself, the Fleet Shop changes aren't great. But paird with the Shard Shop changes it's kind of great. I no longer have any impulse to spend fleet tokens on gear, and I can buy cuffs/guns/carbs multiple times per day in shard shop. One of my favorite changes to date.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Please, some of players in this thread are talking about shard shop and how many cuffs can have from there and how many they had in fleet store based on Numbers of refreshes.

And the OP has specifically asked them to stop doing so, as the point of the thread wasn't the shard shop. There is another thread to discuss the shard shop. It is customary forum etiquette to respect the subject the OP has put forth for discussion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I agree with the OP honestly. Shard shop is nice, but far less consistent in terms of the very grindy gear that we need now more than ever as plenty of the gear needed to take characters to g12 requires stun guns and stun cuffs. I would've much preferred if they had left the fleet store the way it was and simply changed the shard shop. Although I am a little disappointed that they took out the two rows of character shards/TIE advanced blueprints solely because I would get TIE advanced blueprints in there whenever they showed up as I can never seem to get it to show up in the fleet store lol. They just made the gear grind slightly worse and even more RNG dependent.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I agree with the OP honestly. Shard shop is nice, but far less consistent in terms of the very grindy gear that we need now more than ever as plenty of the gear needed to take characters to g12 requires stun guns and stun cuffs. I would've much preferred if they had left the fleet store the way it was and simply changed the shard shop. Although I am a little disappointed that they took out the two rows of character shards/TIE advanced blueprints solely because I would get TIE advanced blueprints in there whenever they showed up as I can never seem to get it to show up in the fleet store lol. They just made the gear grind slightly worse and even more RNG dependent.

How is it worse or more RNG dependent now? You can buy the same stuff for similar prices in a different shop, but now you can use your fleet tokens to finish chars and ships without temptation. Or zetas, if that's your thing.
This discussion has been closed.