Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    At first I was on board with the change, but then stun cuffs have only appeared 1x in the shard shop for me since the change and stun guns haven't appeared at all, so now I'm jumping on the "hater" wagon. The only avenue left is 500+crystals for 20 or 1400 for full gear... having the gear in the ship store was a much better option!

100% true. Also I would add: for many players shard shop has 3 refreshes not four. We have to sleep also and not check shard shop...

We're not talking about the shard shop - the focus of this thread is the fleet shop.

(Also, it's worth noting that not everyone keeps the same bedtime hours you do. Many people get up before 7am or go to bed after 1am - some, on busy days...especially for us parents...both.)
    Please, some of players in this thread are talking about shard shop and how many cuffs can have from there and how many they had in fleet store based on Numbers of refreshes.

And the OP has specifically asked them to stop doing so, as the point of the thread wasn't the shard shop. There is another thread to discuss the shard shop. It is customary forum etiquette to respect the subject the OP has put forth for discussion.
    At first I was on board with the change, but then stun cuffs have only appeared 1x in the shard shop for me since the change and stun guns haven't appeared at all, so now I'm jumping on the "hater" wagon. The only avenue left is 500+crystals for 20 or 1400 for full gear... having the gear in the ship store was a much better option!

100% true. Also I would add: for many players shard shop has 3 refreshes not four. We have to sleep also and not check shard shop...

We're not talking about the shard shop - the focus of this thread is the fleet shop.

(Also, it's worth noting that not everyone keeps the same bedtime hours you do. Many people get up before 7am or go to bed after 1am - some, on busy days...especially for us parents...both.)
    Please, some of players in this thread are talking about shard shop and how many cuffs can have from there and how many they had in fleet store based on Numbers of refreshes.

And the OP has specifically asked them to stop doing so, as the point of the thread wasn't the shard shop. There is another thread to discuss the shard shop. It is customary forum etiquette to respect the subject the OP has put forth for discussion.
    Please read conversation and You will find logic of my message. It was just about adding something to conversation. And nobody especially OP didnt write anything about it. So ......may the force be with You. Btw Shard shop is worst idea in this game....
  • Options
    I can't see how anyone thinks this is a good thing. Especially considering most of us need to gear several new teams to compete along with our Guilds in territory battles. The stun gun requirement for Phoenix squad alone is mind boggling.

The argument that we are somehow being "saved" from wasting our fleet currency on gear is absurd. I prefer to decide myself what resource expenditures will best improve my roster.
  • Options
    I can't see how anyone thinks this is a good thing. Especially considering most of us need to gear several new teams to compete along with our Guilds in territory battles. The stun gun requirement for Phoenix squad alone is mind boggling.

The argument that we are somehow being "saved" from wasting our fleet currency on gear is absurd. I prefer to decide myself what resource expenditures will best improve my roster.

It's not like you can't use your fleet tokens for those same pieces of gear anymore if you want to, you just have to convert it to **** currnecy first.
  • Options
    whole thread become a little funny :smile:
    it is like someone said: "2 is bigger than 1" and other returns: "No - 3 is bigger than 2" :smile:
    I am fully agree with OP - I am in same boat.
    I also understand point of advanced players who does not need any shards and likes new Shard Shop, but they are not related - otherwise I can link it with BB-8 event and say - I don't like Shard shop because I will not get BB-8 :smile:
    I just want to add a few more concerns about new shops which I haven't found in this thread:
    1. it is general change of Shard shop - it was for shards since the beginning - devs are still not answered about toon cadence and where will first appear not farmable toons
    2. I cannot see all of existing shards from Shard Shop in Fleet shop(correct me if I am wrong) - so we lost possibility to farm some of toons?!
    3. this is a little bit conspiracy theory :smile: but I think that this way CG encourage to spend our stockpiled tokens...for me it is a little bit like "What gear crunch? There is GW gear pack"
  • Options
    This whole thread is just one big "I'm right, you're wrong" keyboard battle.

No one is paying attention to any point of view that isn't their own. Probably the best read in the forums at the moment.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    This whole thread is just one big "I'm right, you're wrong" keyboard battle.

No one is paying attention to any point of view that isn't their own. Probably the best read in the forums at the moment.

I care...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It's not like you can't use your fleet tokens for those same pieces of gear anymore if you want to, you just have to convert it to **** currnecy first.

Except you lose in the conversion, and cuffs and guns appear less frequently and never twice in the same shipment, nor have I seen both at the same time. Oh, and the OP has said this thread is specifically about the fleet store.

You may be being sarcastic here judging by the censored word, if so that's actually pretty funny.
  • Options
    They honestly need to return gear to the fleet store because the gear crunch is still ridiculous. Unless they plan on introducing new to ease the gear crunch, I'm going to call this move a money grabber ploy.
  • Options
    Yeah the longer this goes the worse it gets. I've gotten a single cuff and single gun drop so far and am resorting to using prescious TB currrency to make up for lost gear.

IMO they either need to get guns/cuffs in more slots, have a slot exclusively where those two trade back and forth, or have it double the cost and double the amount that drops.

I've gotten considerably less gear the past week than I was from the previous fleet store
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Guy on reddit is keeping a spreadsheet of gear in the new Shard Shop. Link is there, I hate that this site doesn't designate a link. This is what I want to see. I agree with him that it is still too early to know if we're losing/gaining opportunities for gear. For example, he's seen 1 stun gun. I've gotten 4.

Until more info. comes in, drawing a conclusion is useless.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not going to lie, I've spent whatever shard tokens I have on gear that's a long grind to me in the shard shop. While I do see it as a huge nerf from the Fleet shop, it is a buff for the other shops as you can use that to get more currency. I'm sitting at 14k and slowly going dwindling but if I were to use all of my Guild, Arena, and GW tokens for shard conversion, I would have a surplus.
    Not to mention when my guild gets 50 ROLO shards per TB would mean I'm getting 750 shards every 2 weeks once I 7* her.
  • Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    I wonder if the change to the fleet shipments be a precursor to "hardware" update for ships.
    pargame wrote: »
    it is like someone said: "2 is bigger than 1" and other returns: "No - 3 is bigger than 2" :smile:
    I also understand point of advanced players who does not need any shards and likes new Shard Shop, but they are not related - otherwise I can link it with BB-8 event and say - I don't like Shard shop because I will not get BB-8 :smile:
    I just want to add a few more concerns about new shops which I haven't found in this thread:
    1. it is general change of Shard shop - it was for shards since the beginning - devs are still not answered about toon cadence and where will first appear not farmable toons
    2. I cannot see all of existing shards from Shard Shop in Fleet shop(correct me if I am wrong) - so we lost possibility to farm some of toons?!
    3. this is a little bit conspiracy theory :smile: but I think that this way CG encourage to spend our stockpiled tokens...for me it is a little bit like "What gear crunch? There is GW gear pack"

I would say yes, but what the heck do I know.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    I wonder if the change to the fleet shipments be a precursor to "hardware" update for ships.

I would say yes, but what the heck do I know.

Yeah, no one but the dev's would know. ATM I don't expect another raid to come out and I think a second TB would be in the works in the next 8 months. Ship update would also be a likely candidate as there isn't much benefit we gain from it other than being able to 3* our TB's.
  • Options
    Krokovich wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

What I don't get is the people arguing with the request to restore the option we previously had. Do you just hate your fellow players THAT much? It costs you nothing to support the request.

That assumes that having the gear in both places is an option the devs are even willing to consider. I'd be more willing to bet it isn't, and that if all the people complaining successfully get them to change the fleet store back, it will also result in them changing the shard store back.

This. If the option is between the two old stores and the two new ones (and it likely is - it's about overall game economy), the new stores are my preference - by a significant margin.

Gear is cheaper and just as quick.

Completely false. With the info I have so far cuffs from the Shard Store can fall in one possible slot. It shares that spot with several other gear pieces. So math says you won't get more than one opportunity to buys 6 cuffs every day and a half. RNG being what it is some may get it more often, while others will go a week without seeing them once. If anyone has screen shots of cuffs dropping in multiple slots then show me. Otherwise feeling that this helps the gear crunch is irrelevant. It's a math problem, and math doesn't care what people feel. You won't average more than 4 cuff pieces a day out of the Shard Store without spending crystals to refresh as it is.

And again, that is not to disparage that change. I love that they added gear there. It's basically free for long time players. But the devs didn't say that was a replacement for the gear in the Fleet Store. And if it is... WHY? Nobody has give me an answer as to why that isn't totally baseless. As I pointed out above, gear from the new shop is a trickle, and nobody has given any evidence to the contrary. I totally agree that there is other good stuff in the Fleet Store, so it wasn't an unlimited free cuff factory. It was a tough decision that needed to be weighed by each individual. So the idea that having both will "flood the gear market" is silly. It's complete baseless nonsense.

So again I come back to why can't we have both? Having both isn't going to drop 20-30 full cuffs in my lap instantly. If we have both we can both benefit from the trickle of free gear from the new Shard Store. And we can both decide for ourselves how to use our Fleet Currency. You can chose to stick to Zetas if that's best for your situation. I can chose to buy gear if I don't have enough geared up characters to put Zetas on.

Still nobody has given a good reason for why the Fleet store needed to be gutted. All I'm getting is "I like this other store better" which is your preference, and doesn't mean it needs to be inflicted on me. Or they "feel" that the system as a whole is better. Well nobody has proven to me with anything factual that cuffs/guns can pop up in more than one shared slot in Shard Store. And even if it does the benefits differ from person to person. It's not objectively better in any way that anyone has given me evidence of.

I'm not trying to get anything taken from you if you like the new store. I love the new store. I would actually like to see it expand. Add a few more gear slots for cuffs, guns, and holos. But when I want to discuss how something that was hugely beneficial to me was taken you, and quite a few others want make sure it stays gone by saying your subjective preference is all that should be allowed. I'm glad you have a great new feature you enjoy. I'm sorry you don't think that I should be allowed to keep a feature I've benefited from for 9 months.

Agree 100% with everything said here. Would love old fleet store and new shard store to coexist

• Options
    While I still think the shard shop is a good idea in principle, I must express my full support to the idea that Challenge gear should be removed from not just the Shard shop, but also from raid drops and all other shops. This alone would help everyone with everything significantly.

And yes, from the stats provided it seems that the occurrence of Stun Guns and Cuffs is too low for what is required.
  • Options
    Hello!

I have a question about fleet store. Since update Vader shards didn't show for me even once. Is he still in Fleet Store for you guys? I'm wondering if he get removed or it's just bad luck.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    While I still think the shard shop is a good idea in principle, I must express my full support to the idea that Challenge gear should be removed from not just the Shard shop, but also from raid drops and all other shops. This alone would help everyone with everything significantly.

And yes, from the stats provided it seems that the occurrence of Stun Guns and Cuffs is too low for what is required.

Oh, absolutely. +100000000000000000000000000

The idea that gear that we get daily, also drops in raids, special events and is "purchasable" is ludicrous. This should have been addresses long ago - especially if there is not option to sell such useless gear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Except you lose in the conversion, and cuffs and guns appear less frequently and never twice in the same shipment, nor have I seen both at the same time. Oh, and the OP has said this thread is specifically about the fleet store.

You may be being sarcastic here judging by the censored word, if so that's actually pretty funny.

Not sure why that was censored. I'm not being sarcastic. I understand the OP is talking about Fleet, but you can't really separate the two shops since the change was done together, making it one change and not two.

The price per currency type is a little higher, but not unreasonably so. You cannot see cuffs and guns at the same time, since they share a slot, but one or the other shows up every day for me.

As it stands, gear was put in Fleet to help us with the gear crunch. This gear is still available, just elsewhere. It probably hurts newer players a bit since they can't afford to convert the currency, but I'm not convinced that's a problem.
  • Options

The idea that gear that we get daily, also drops in raids, special events and is "purchasable" is ludicrous. This should have been addresses long ago - especially if there is not option to sell such useless gear.

@Nikoms565 I've been thinking thus same thing as well. Why do i need 5 instances of getting gear i have hundreds, and possibly 1000+ of, where I have so fewer change a at raid gear specifically. Raids should drop raid gear, nothing else. We can already farm challenge gear in missions if we need to ever supplement.

I'd love for challenge gear to be removed from raids at least, shops I'm in the middle off. If I ended up 3 pieces short and I dont wanna wait or waste energy farming those last few pieces, it's nice to be able to grab a few from shipments for cress or drop a little shard currency, but just give challenge gear it's own slot that can't compete with raid gear for rng.
  • Options
    Its just the normal way CG updates the game, giving with one hand and taking away with the other.
    Taking gear away from the fleet store was done on purpose to halt the advancement on FTP players. When I stopped farming zeta mats, and started buying gear from the fleet shipment my toon gearing rate was almost doubled, in the course of a few months i had my Imperial troopers to G11 just with the fleet gear.
  • Options
    If you were using the fleet store in the past to only buy gear and zetas, then keep doing that. Just instead of gear, buy shards for a character you've already got at 7*. Convert those shards to shard shop currency, then buy gear.

Essentially, with the changes to the shard shop and fleet store, you can now buy gear with fleet, arena, galactic war, cantina, and guild currency.

This is WAY better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The characters who were in the shard shop before all already exist someplace else, so you can still farm them. We didn't lose anything.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    If you were using the fleet store in the past to only buy gear and zetas, then keep doing that. Just instead of gear, buy shards for a character you've already got at 7*. Convert those shards to shard shop currency, then buy gear.

Essentially, with the changes to the shard shop and fleet store, you can now buy gear with fleet, arena, galactic war, cantina, and guild currency.

This is WAY better.

Nope, that exchange price is atrocious, definitely not better.
  • Options

It's 25% or so less efficient, not exactly "atrocious".

• Options

Fair enough, except, that you are still losing 25% roughly, which translates into a 25% cost increase. And regardless , the point of the OPs post, and what the entire point here, is that the new style of the FLEET shop is atrocious. You have lost a gear avenue, and now you are forced to waste currency at a degraded value exchange to purchase sporadic gear. So it is atrocious overall.
  • Options

Fair enough, except, that you are still losing 25% roughly, which translates into a 25% cost increase. And regardless , the point of the OPs post, and what the entire point here, is that the new style of the FLEET shop is atrocious. You have lost a gear avenue, and now you are forced to waste currency at a degraded value exchange to purchase sporadic gear. So it is atrocious overall.

Please be intellectually honest. While it may be a 25% increase (when using fleet currency via shard conversions) you are allowed to use ALL currency on gear now; that's a pretty big offset to the 25% increase you mention.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options

Please be intellectually honest. While it may be a 25% increase (when using fleet currency via shard conversions) you are allowed to use ALL currency on gear now; that's a pretty big offset to the 25% increase you mention.

Please use your understanding of the reference to using specifically fleet tokens to acquire gear. None of us care about adding extra sources to defray the devaluation of fleet tokens used to purchase gear. However, we are unhappy with the removal of gear from fleet store, which is the point here. Trying to whitewash the fact that the fleet shop was gutted is pointless
  • Options

I'll add some zeroes to that. Couldn't possibly agree with that more. Mk 4 stun guns, mk 4 carbantis, and the parts of the gold gear that drop from challenges should be deleted as possible drops from anything other than challenges. Including those pieces as rewards is effectively the same as making a random chance that nothing will drop.

Also thanks for trying to keep this thread on track even though your view of the two shops is that they should be seen as one change. (Which might be true, but my whole point is it doesn't have to be.)
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

This is WAY better.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, I get more than enough other Shard Store currency dropped in my lap without farming it to buy every useful piece that comes along, and have leftovers. Converting Fleet Currency would be wasting some of it in the conversion. Then the rest would sit there as wasted extra unless I burn through crystals to refresh the Shard Store.

The exact opposite is better. If there is gear there I can buy it if and when I want. If others want to stick to Zetas/toons/ships then they can. Everyone can have their choice. Taking away opportunities to obtain gear is not a good decision in view of the gear crunch at least to me. But maybe that's only because when I tap on stun cuffs, 40 characters look back at me requesting between 1 and 8 cuffs. (Bonus points if you know who needs 8. I don't expect to ever gear that toon.)

This discussion has been closed.