Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.

↑↑↑

Also this a troll post right? You really complaining about stun cuffs when you have "more zetas than I need".... Really?
  • Options
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.

↑↑↑

Also this a troll post right? You really complaining about stun cuffs when you have "more zetas than I need".... Really?

the misnomer in his post is how he laughably asserts gear "easier to obtain." When there's less of it appearing? Sure, buddy.

and anyone who claims to "have more Zetas than I need" is either full of it or doesn't rank very highly in Arena due to the lack of good sense to compete efficiently with the necessary resources on hand. It's like the driver of a petrol truck who is stuck on the side of the freeway because he refuses to fill up his own gas tank.

"Yeah but look at all the fuel I've got."
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Perfxion wrote: »
    As a player with 600k GP and only 10 7* toons, shard shop doe little for me. Fleet allowed for a way for me to get toons to G9. As I only have three toons to that level. This change slows down gear big time for me. I am in currently in the 900s in arena and don’t see climbing past 700 easily with out upping gear. I liked the old system better. If this is a long term benefit, how long because I don’t see it.
    Maybe in about a year, you will have the penalty-free gear buying opportunities that you had last week, assuming that they leave the shop system about the same as it is right now. In the meantime, this is your punishment for being too new.
  • Options
    I really liked getting gear out of fleet shipments I hope they put them back or bring a bunch of new ships straight into fleet shipments
  • Options
    I see the swgoh apologistas are out in full force in this thread

Yeah this forum is pretty bad with those. Like the game employed a group of forum posters who try and justify every terrible update.

If it's so terrible, why bother? Are you masochist, and so play a terrible game to bring yourself fulfillment none of us understand?

Because it's only one aspect of the game that I found disappointing. Why does there need to be an ultimatum? I will continue to express the most trivial things that I find disappointing on this site because it's all important towards the bigger aspects of the game. I don't need an ultimatum.
  • Options
    One reason for people to complain so early in an update is so that others can point out why it could be a change for the good. People don't often do that around here though. Instead, they chastise people for complaining which ends up turning into arguments aboit the discussion rather than discussing the topic. It is so counter productive.

If the change was to make room for the other characters, then fine, let's discuss that instead of trying to figute out why others complain about things that you do not. That should be common sense. Not everyone has the same gaming experience in the simplest terms.
  • Options
    Perfxion wrote: »
    As a player with 600k GP and only 10 7* toons, shard shop doe little for me. Fleet allowed for a way for me to get toons to G9. As I only have three toons to that level. This change slows down gear big time for me. I am in currently in the 900s in arena and don’t see climbing past 700 easily with out upping gear. I liked the old system better. If this is a long term benefit, how long because I don’t see it.

I have been playing for almost 8 months now, fully free to play. I have 35 7-star characters (but only 900 K galactic power). I'm already getting a lot of excess shards from Galactic War and events, and I am currently almost done in Arena, Guild Store and Galactic War with farming characters. So for most people, it'll explode around the 1-year playing mark.

Note: you can still convert your fleet currency to shards, but if I watch my colleagues and guild members who struggle so much in ship battles and challenges all I can say is that investing in ships has paid off big time for me.
  • Options
    I see the swgoh apologistas are out in full force in this thread

Yeah this forum is pretty bad with those. Like the game employed a group of forum posters who try and justify every terrible update.

If it's so terrible, why bother? Are you masochist, and so play a terrible game to bring yourself fulfillment none of us understand?

Because it's only one aspect of the game that I found disappointing. Why does there need to be an ultimatum? I will continue to express the most trivial things that I find disappointing on this site because it's all important towards the bigger aspects of the game. I don't need an ultimatum.

Go back and read the post I was responding too where you weren't being sensible. Your words were... "every terrible uodate" and "like the game employed a group of forum posters". Can all of a sudden be sensible after those comments. Now if you retract your 1st comments, I'm OK with that, because I can be reasonable.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    I am a long time player. 2.4m gp. I bought a lot of gear from the fleet shop. Helped me and my guild finish haat in the early days. I consider the zeta cost to be too great. Yes I have fewer zetas than my guild mates, but I guess I was lucky in that I never zetad a ds toon, so I effectively caught up with a lot of them.

In any case, I think the new shard shop is good, and would not choose to revert to the previous system, but I wish gear was still in the fleet store as well. You still would have to choose between valuable shards, zetas, and gear. Don't think it would make gearing anywhere close to easy.

Smartest man in the world - this message should be pulled out and made a stuck post - NEVER zeta a DS character in this game. I wish we had been allies the last 8 months :)

Never zeta DS side? That is not my case. I have only zeta on DS. Plan to zeta on Thrawn,Death Trooper and Krenic. If StormTrooper would have different zeta upgrade would also got one.
  • Options
    I have mixed feelings about this...

On one hand it's allowing me to just buy ZETA mats, instead of gear... so that aspect of it is fine. But the fact that gear has now gone to the shard shop is a problem, I would have preferred to see it in the Cantina Store or something like that. Since Shard currency is so unreliable to generate, sure those of us who have unlcoked most Cantina/Guild store toons can just cash in there and sell the shards for more currency, but that hardly seems to be the idea doesn't it?

So, I'm fine with the gear moving out of the Fleet shipments, the destination however is the big disappointment in my opinion. I also don't understand why the devs removed the 3 different Grievous shard packs (5, 10, 30). Is he going to get a rework soon (with BB8.. new droid meta) and they want people to spend crystals on refreshes so they sell more crystal packs? Ah, I hope not.
  • Options
    2 facts you may miss...

1. now you can spend any tokens to buy gear. many players have stocked up gw, cantina, arena or guild tokens.
    2. just s****d buying anything except "fleet store only" ships/hero shards and zetas from fleet store.
  • Options

↑↑↑

the misnomer in his post is how he laughably asserts gear "easier to obtain." When there's less of it appearing? Sure, buddy.

and anyone who claims to "have more Zetas than I need" is either full of it or doesn't rank very highly in Arena due to the lack of good sense to compete efficiently with the necessary resources on hand. It's like the driver of a petrol truck who is stuck on the side of the freeway because he refuses to fill up his own gas tank.

Actually if you farmed and used zetas as efficiently as possible you probably would have 2-3 full zetas waiting to be spent.

I hit a point where I stopped spending fleet on zetas and just relied on the challenges... I then spent on missing ships, characters and gear. At one point I had over a 100 zeta mats. All while hitting #1 in arena each day.

Spent them on a new shiny Empire Arena team that ended up being replaced by CLS a month later.... basically wasted (except for the fast Tarkin ship).

So I would disagree with a blanket statement that people that don't farm zetas with fleet can't compete or be efficient. I would counter and say truly efficient players would not need to spend fleet resources on zetas.

Now granted I don't think having too many zetas will ever be an "issue".

My general opinion is that the gear in there was a nice option for that store... obviously it ended up being cheaper than they wanted or thought they needed to make it more expensive once opening up the options for shard conversions from other shops. They could have left the fleet store alone and done almost the same thing, since at the end of the day you are right, buying gear from fleet is costing you zeta opportunity. Whether that is a cost you are willing to pay is up to the player.

• Options
    Guess I'm a rebel.
  • Options
    I totally get the OP's point. It's like trying to convince someone they shouldn't buy gear from shipments for crystals. If someone wants to use crystals, or fleet currency, or shard shop currency, why prevent them? More options would be the best way to go. If the fleet shipments had cuffs, and so did the shard shop, you could get more cuffs, right?

I almost never purchased gear from fleet shipments and spent most of it on zeta farming. It took me 2 seconds to see that putting gear in shard shop worked very well for me. I think if the OP gives it a chance, he may see it like this too. But I can still see how this is taking away an option that he used a lot.

People should at least acknowledge that point.
  • Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    I totally get the OP's point. It's like trying to convince someone they shouldn't buy gear from shipments for crystals. If someone wants to use crystals, or fleet currency, or shard shop currency, why prevent them? More options would be the best way to go. If the fleet shipments had cuffs, and so did the shard shop, you could get more cuffs, right?

I almost never purchased gear from fleet shipments and spent most of it on zeta farming. It took me 2 seconds to see that putting gear in shard shop worked very well for me. I think if the OP gives it a chance, he may see it like this too. But I can still see how this is taking away an option that he used a lot.

Virtually everyone has acknowledged that point. Several times.

If we could have the old fleet shop and the new shard shop, most would prefer that. No one is arguing that point.

The two are likely connected due to their overall impact on in-game economy - and given the choice between the previous two shops (Shard and Fleet) and the two new ones, I prefer the new arrangement. No one is suggesting that taking away choices is good - just that the current system of gear cost is better. Especially if you are a long-time player or have spent money to have a deep roster.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

If we could have the old fleet shop and the new shard shop, most would prefer that. No one is arguing that point.

The two are likely connected due to their overall impact on in-game economy - and given the choice between the previous two shops (Shard and Fleet) and the two new ones, I prefer the new arrangement. No one is suggesting that taking away choices is good - just that the current system of gear cost is better. Especially if you are a long-time player or have spent money to have a deep roster.

Now if only everyone could see things as clearly, we could end this debate and move on to something other than the circus vicitas this has become.

The new shard shop has generated me far more gear pieces and fleet store ever did, especially since my GW currency has been useless for anything but ship shards for awhile now... I can convert all those green gems into gear.
  • Options
    The new shard shop has generated me far more gear pieces and fleet store ever did

For me it's been stun guns out the yin yang. I never got this many per week with the Fleet Store. That said, I would like to know if the total amount of gear from this one store is = to the situation before the change, or if it's more or if it's less. I simply do not know.

• Rein_of_Revan
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    You know that you can still buy stun cuffs and guns with fleet tokens, right? It may be in a roundabout way, but it's what...11 character shards for 6 cuffs/guns, so the exchange rate is worse, but not by much...
    Yea but it still is a big disappointment to players who play fleat battles a lot.
  • Options
    Disagree 100% I've been getting more carbantis and stun cuffs through shard shop than I've EVER seen through farming, challenges or raids.

It's a good change.
  • Options

↑↑↑

I find this hilarious. As Jacen's shard mate, I can confirm he ranks top 10 every day. He has 4 zetas, and saved up over 100 mats. He showed us a pic. I'm very impressed with his self control, considering how well he does in this game for a hoarder
  • Options
    Disagree 100% I've been getting more carbantis and stun cuffs through shard shop than I've EVER seen through farming, challenges or raids.

It's a good change.

I agree that adding it the the Shard Store is a good change. That's why I made a post about how I don't like it being taken out of the Fleet Store.

↑↑↑

https://swgoh.gg/u/jacen-roe/

I finished #1 in arena today. Please tell me more more about how I lack good sense to compete. I'm not sure I can make any sense of your analogy though.

Really? Because it seems like I have repeatedly had people tell me the exact opposite. Over... and over... and over... I'm glad you would love to see both even though you have a preference of one over the other. But there is literally another post I quoted above here who's response to me hating the Fleet Store change is to tell me I'm wrong, and how great the Shard Store is... again. A few people have said they would like both. Quite a few continue to shove their preferences down my throat, and it's making me irrationally irritated.
    The new shard shop has generated me far more gear pieces and fleet store ever did

For me it's been stun guns out the yin yang. I never got this many per week with the Fleet Store. That said, I would like to know if the total amount of gear from this one store is = to the situation before the change, or if it's more or if it's less. I simply do not know.

As of right now I have seen cuffs, guns, and carbantis in only one slot in the Shard Store. There are a total of 7 items I have seen in that slot. Including a purple eyeball, mk 3 comlinks, mk 4 comlinks, and challenge hyposyringes. So that means at best you have a 1/7 chance to see cuffs per refresh. That's 6 cuffs every 1.75 days on average. That's if I've seen everything possible in that slot (more items there would make it worse). Or if the good stuff falls on other slots. That would make it better.

We all know how RNG can be. Some like yourself have gotten above average RNG. I've gotten cuffs only once so far. That's below average RNG. So over time you can expect it to be worse than you have experienced so far, and I can expect it to be better. The same has been true so far with everyone I've talked to about it so far. Some have hit gold several times in a row. Others have totally blanked on anything useful.

Even with average RNG there is no way I'll burn through Shard Shop currency on gear faster than I make it. For long timers bronze packs, and occasionally GW currency will allow you to buy all the Shard Shop gear you could need unless you're doing crystal refreshes. And crystals refreshes (except for energy) are usually horrible values/whale bait.
    exec79 wrote: »
    2 facts you may miss...

1. now you can spend any tokens to buy gear. many players have stocked up gw, cantina, arena or guild tokens.
    2. just s****d buying anything except "fleet store only" ships/hero shards and zetas from fleet store.

Fact you might have missed I answered above. I will accumulate Shard Store currency accidentally with no effort to farm it faster than I will ever get the gear items I personally need faster than they drop. I had the option to spend some of my surplus Fleet currency directly on gear which would be nice to do in addition to the new Shard Store.

Another fact you missed is that I have most of what I need from the Fleet store, and I'm sitting on 116 Zeta mats. I'm literally farming every single rare toon/ship I don't have yet, and accumulating Fleet Currency faster than I spend it. And I want to buy gear from there so I can put some of those Zetas on gear 11 toons instead of gear 8s. But if that calls into question my intelligence then keep calling me words that need to be censored.
  • Options
    EmeraldZx wrote: »

↑↑↑

I find this hilarious. As Jacen's shard mate, I can confirm he ranks top 10 every day. He has 4 zetas, and saved up over 100 mats. He showed us a pic. I'm very impressed with his self control, considering how well he does in this game for a hoarder

Thanks Shadmate! Also I'm top 2 every day. Get it straight. ;)
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    You know that you can still buy stun cuffs and guns with fleet tokens, right? It may be in a roundabout way, but it's what...11 character shards for 6 cuffs/guns, so the exchange rate is worse, but not by much...

part of the problem though, is that there isn't as much purple gear available in shard store 2.0 as there was in fleet so it's a much slower farm with a worse exchange rate as you say. not helpful changes really, especially for newer players.

I do like the new shard store to be fair, just wish they'd have more gear in there rather than hoping people will do the 25 crystal refresh.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I hate the change to the Fleet Store. I can't even enjoy the rest of the update. And this update was full of good... no this update was full of great changes. I love the improvements to my favorite game mode (Territory Battles), I'm looking forward to BB8, and the Shard Store is definitely better (as long as they don't stop putting new character shards in there as the get released).

But I can't be upbeat about any of it. I hate the changes to the Fleet Store so much. That was my favorite source of cuffs, and guns. I have almost all the rare ships I need, more Zetas than I need, and 30k Fleet currency saved. Fleet currency is piling up, so I was finally at a point where I had a surplus, and was really starting to make a dent in my gearing projects. Taking that away was very upsetting. I don't know why this was taken away.

Why did the Fleet Store get gutted? Was I getting too much gear? This was a horrible idea. I look forward to additional characters and ships being added. But I hate, absolutely HATE having the opportunity to choose gear instead taken from me. Not rage quitting, or threatening. But respectfully, my feedback on this change is I hate it.

This is a different topic from the other store everyone is so happy about, and is just as relevant a topic for the front page, so hopefully it doesn't disappear. If you're upset about losing gear in the Fleet Store let me know.

#whaleproblems
    I'm still farming characters, Zetas and ships mostly. I think a lot of people are doing the same.
  • Options
    Haxthar wrote: »
    I hate the change to the Fleet Store. I can't even enjoy the rest of the update. And this update was full of good... no this update was full of great changes. I love the improvements to my favorite game mode (Territory Battles), I'm looking forward to BB8, and the Shard Store is definitely better (as long as they don't stop putting new character shards in there as the get released).

But I can't be upbeat about any of it. I hate the changes to the Fleet Store so much. That was my favorite source of cuffs, and guns. I have almost all the rare ships I need, more Zetas than I need, and 30k Fleet currency saved. Fleet currency is piling up, so I was finally at a point where I had a surplus, and was really starting to make a dent in my gearing projects. Taking that away was very upsetting. I don't know why this was taken away.

Why did the Fleet Store get gutted? Was I getting too much gear? This was a horrible idea. I look forward to additional characters and ships being added. But I hate, absolutely HATE having the opportunity to choose gear instead taken from me. Not rage quitting, or threatening. But respectfully, my feedback on this change is I hate it.

This is a different topic from the other store everyone is so happy about, and is just as relevant a topic for the front page, so hopefully it doesn't disappear. If you're upset about losing gear in the Fleet Store let me know.

#whaleproblems
    I'm still farming characters, Zetas and ships mostly. I think a lot of people are doing the same.

1. I'm F2P. (Mostly. I spent about $24.98 total about a year and 8 months ago.) If I were a whale I'd just buy the gear. Anyone who had been playing for a bit before ships came out should be in the same position if they managed their resources well.

2. I would absolutely love for you to keep buying what you want from the Fleet Store. If the gear was still there you could just keep buying the toons/ships/Zetas exactly as before. And if I go through stretches where I find more value in the gear then I could buy that instead. We would both be able to chose what's best for our own situation. I'm all for having the choice. Sorry you disagree.
  • Options

↑↑↑

@Carrion_Spike I guess we have our answer on what "have more zetas than I need" is....

It's 4.....

4 zetas...
  • Options
    Jacen, it is likely that you just need to adjust your farming strategy if you have more shard currency than you can spend.

Up to now I used all my crystals to buy either Furnaces or difficult/impossible to farm yellow components, and my regular energy to farm whatever I needed. With this change, if you have a large amount of shard currency, you can stockpile up on things you'll need in advance, and just buy cuffs and guns when they appear.

This allows me to use my energy and crystals on other things.
    At 1 in 7 drop rate, you will get 1 full stun cuff and 1 full stun gun each week. If you refresh every time, you can get a second of each for 700 crystals total (providing you have that much shard currency), or 350 each. I would consider that bargain prices.
  • Options

↑↑↑

@Carrion_Spike I guess we have our answer on what "have more zetas than I need" is....

It's 4.....

4 zetas...

Does he needs more?!? He is No.1 in Arena and for last 30 days his worst position is 6.
    Obviously he got what he needs....
This discussion has been closed.