Let's talk New Player Experience

14567810Next

Replies

• Options
    Keszey wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine re-rolling at this point. Or being a new player for that matter.

It is easier more than ever to start this game. The amount of information about this game to help you progress is staggering. It would be difficult not achieve success.

The only variable for enjoyment is the expedience in which you would like to progress. instant gratification is not in this game vocabulary. Even if you spend copious amounts of money you're still at the mercy of the timers. And the diminishing returns on the crystals its rough.

Take your time. Enjoy the ride. If you want to access all content faster well...That isn't going to happen here.

I personally find the game just fine for what it is and enjoy myself. If money is an issue for you. The fact you think you're not competing because of your lack of funds tells me you should be worrying about other things than excelling at an app game.
  • Options
    I am an active Hearthstone player and believe me, one of the most trending and never-die topics is exactly new player experience.

People very strongly complain that the barrier for f2p is too high and that you need 1-2 years to start actively competing as a f2p. You guys cant even imagine how strongly locked behind a pay wall that game is, and it has 60 million active players.

To be honest, as long as there are people who are willing to pay the price, there will never be a f2p road opened properly. And whales are everywhere, so you guys are complaining in vain. Games are made to make money and in freemium games the only way to get stuff easier is for them to get less profits and start adjusting prices and providing shopping incentives and more free content in order to make buyers satisfied. This will never happen because people are irational beings who are willing to put thousands of dollars into cartoon drawings on their mobile phones. You shouldnt blame the devs here, but capitalism. They only follow the rules.

And my 2 cents: I think new player experience is fine in this game. Theres a bunch of things to do, much content opening up through levelling, enough free things to keep u interested and no adds which is a great thing. This is the only game i remained playing on android, and I played a bunch of stuff, always 100% f2p. This game is ok in that sense. There are some bottlenecks in gear but there is always something to slow you down in these games. You compete with people who started at the same time and a lot of success in this game is about strategic planning, resource spreading properly and active playing everyday. Theres a lot of f2p who get top 10 arena everyday. Be smart and patient, thats all.
  • Options
    I made a second account and gave up after a week so there ya go