Let's talk New Player Experience

Replies

• ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    2.) Give new players easier access to gear but do not give older players with the same roster shortcomings that identical, easier access.

I think you should re-read what I said because I never suggested anything close to this. But regardless...you aren't really worth any more of my time when you are just going to keep accusing me of nonsense like this I never said.

Let me let you in on a little secret: I can only go by what you write. The only idea you can come up with is something to do with gear, which isn't a new idea. Earlier, you claimed to have thought this through but you really haven't. "Thinking it through" means you've at least gone past the idea part into the implementation part. There are only two ways to deal with the gear crunch: let everyone get it easier or let some players get it easier. If you can come up with a third way, I'm open to it.
    Post edited by ColonelTravis on
  • Options
    2.) Give new players easier access to gear but do not give older players with the same roster shortcomings that identical, easier access.

I think you should re-read what I said because I never suggested anything close to this. But regardless...you aren't really worth any more of my time when you are just going to keep accusing me of nonsense like this I never said.

Let me let you in on a little secret: I can only go by what you write. The only idea you can come up with is something to do with gear, which isn't a new idea. Earlier, you claimed to have thought this through but you really haven't. "Thinking it through" means you've at least gone past the idea part into the implementation part. There are only two ways to deal with the gear crunch: let everyone get it easier or let some players get it easier. If you can come up with a third way, I'm open to it.

Ok what about better daily rewards like more sim tickets, low level gear box and extra arena and gw tokens?
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DarthSalsa wrote: »

Ok what about better daily rewards like more sim tickets, low level gear box and extra arena and gw tokens?

I'm not a fan of giving new players a head start because this isn't a racing game. Unless there's information that I don't know about, someone who begins today is not competing against me. New players compete against new players. I don't know why this has to be emphasized over and over - there is no ending to the game. You play until you quit. So the idea that you're behind everyone who started in 2015-2016 is technically true but, practically, irrelevant. Also, people who start when you do and drop a lot of cash are going to blow you out of the water. Money is the only way to get what you want, sorry.

The only difference between what new players have to deal with and what old players had to deal with is that new players can see what's in front of them. Old players have had the same, gargantuan task - except they weren't able to physically see it. But all you had to do was look at the empty spots on the main home screen and you knew the expansions were coming, plus the fact that more Star Wars films were going to be released the next few years - pretty obvious this game is for the long-haul.

New players do have something old players didn't: information about how to best play the game. You have no idea how valuable that is. Old saying still true: Give a man a fish, he will be hungry again tomorrow; teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

• Options
    Let me let you in on a little secret: I can only go by what you write.

Actually, you can't even do that.
    The only idea you can come up with is something to do with gear, which isn't a new idea.

A prime example of you not even being able to go by what I write as I said earlier in the thread...
    What would I change? Nothing that hasn't already been asked for by players old and new dozens of times on this forum. I'd start with raid gear. Cut some of the challenge gear out of the loot tables...you wouldn't even get more drops, just more consistently get useful drops because its like a kick in the nuts every time you pull some challenge gear you already have over 1000 of with no use for. Adjust challenges...add stun guns, cuffs, and mk3 holo projectors since everyone seems to need **** amounts of those things.

I'm well aware its not a new idea, but its obviously one that already has some popularity considering its already popped up many times in various threads on this forum and swgoh reddit, and would loosen previous bottlenecks.
    Earlier, you claimed to have thought this through but you really haven't. "Thinking it through" means you've at least gone past the idea part into the implementation part.

Again...demonstrating your "amazing" ability to go by what I write...already said it could be implemented by adjusting raid and challenge loot.
    There are only two ways to deal with the gear crunch: let everyone get it easier or let some players get it easier. If you can come up with a third way, I'm open to it.

Why would I want to come up with a third way? I already said I'm fine with everyone having an easier time getting past previous bottlenecks and getting to the G12/zeta bottleneck faster, because G12 and zetas right now are where you are getting a rather significant chunk of your character power from.

Meanwhile you haven't really come up with any reasons why adjusting the gear bottleneck up a bit as gear levels increase is a bad thing for anyone.
  • Options

Would that stuff even help? I've already got thousands of sim tickets...having thousands more isn't going to gear me faster. I've already got tons of low level gear...its the cuffs/guns/holo projectors/carbantis that hold you back from where you can even think about starting to use G12 stuff(which is another bottleneck all its own), and even if you get extra arena/gw tokens, you just end up hitting a point faster where you have a large collection of under geared characters all pretty much held up by the same few pieces of gear you need obscene amounts of.
  • Options

Why would I want to come up with a third way?.

Because the only other two ways don't do squat. Come up with something that works. I'm all for smart fixes. You've said you've thought this through. I'm not seeing evidence of that. Making it easier for everyone to get gear doesn't close the gap between new and old players, it just allows everyone to get gear easier. Remember when I wrote that a little while ago? Nope.

Meanwhile you haven't really come up with any reasons why adjusting the gear bottleneck up a bit as gear levels increase is a bad thing for anyone

Funny. Maybe if I type it a third time it will get through.
    Nah.

• Options
    @GildoMcFlay ... also your portrayal of the difficulty of Gal War and what was needed to succeed is way off. The game then was very simple. Think something like ship arena now. There weren't many toons. You didn't have many geared, and tactics were very limited. So most players had maybe 1 team - but so did everyone else. So each node you essentially ran out the best you had and there was little depth behind it. There was also a Poe / rey / Dooku / Droid / Jinn / Leia speed meta that was pre-protection that no matter the matchup you were going to get heavily damaged. If you saw 3+ Poe teams in Gal War you were in big big trouble. That one setup was so powerful, since the game was so shallow, that it was difficult to wade through a survival trial. Gal War for me now is much easier than it was at times early on because the roster wasn't developed - no depth to turn to. So we did actually have to build much more than 5 LS / 5 DS to compete. I remember building as many taunting tanks as I could so that they could take abuse and die on a tough GW Poe node. Chewy, Han, Poe, etc. Feel free to look up the Gal War complaint threads from that time - that was by far the #1 complaint in the game at that time for how impossible it was for many players.

The thing with GW is I found it easy early on. My killer combo of Jedi Consular and Luminara kept my squad pretty much full, and those things were available at launch. Sure I didn't win daily at that point but I won once and a while. It wasn't until I got into the 70s that all the sudden you start getting slammed with level 85 full zeta squads day after day. I literally went months without winning a GW and that didn't change til I started getting my own zetas that at least put me back in the realm of being competitive. I'd much rather have had your experience of not winning every day but it being the result of getting worn down by multiple teams rather than running 0 deaths up to a certain point then hitting the brick wall of death that has you beat by 15 levels and multiple zetas where throwing your entire roster at it won't even allow you to get 1 kill.
    Do new players now need more than back then though? Of course - the game is bigger and the content is bigger. I think that's appropriate though. In time, those new players will be in that position. They shouldn't just get to skip that process entirely however. Should some things get easier over time? Yes...and they have! I think the pace of improvement has been appropriate. If they ever get to a point in this game where so much is a handout you'll see a tremendous amount of players - and a large % of your paying players - leave the game.

I don't even think you disagree with me in theory...its just you keep thinking I'm asking for some sort of free hand out that somehow let's people instantly catch up to someone that has been playing for a year+ already. I'm not. All I'm saying is that G12 was a huge bump in power and a bottleneck all its own and that prior bottlenecks should be loosened a bit because of that. How does that amount to "skipping the process" or "handouts." Do you really think a large % of players would quit if the devs did something like add 2-3 stun cuffs a try to one of the challenges? I'd think a large % of players would actually welcome that change.
  • Options
    Because the only other two ways don't do squat. Come up with something that works. I'm all for smart fixes. You've said you've thought this through. I'm not seeing evidence of that. Making it easier for everyone to get gear doesn't close the gap between new and old players, it just allows everyone to get gear easier. Remember when I wrote that a little while ago? Nope.

Because I already answered this. I'll agree...its not going to close the gap if all you want to look at is total GP, but it closes the gap tremendously in terms of being able to enjoy the game.

Let's take two players. Player A has 8 G11+ squads, finishes GW every day, wins all the combat missions in TB, and can put up huge numbers in raids.

Player B...he has no G11 squads. He rarely finishes GW, struggles with combat missions in TB, and does poorly in raids.

If over the next month both players complete a G11 squad...who is it going to have more impact for? The only improvement player A really will have is a little more GP to deploy in TB, where as Player B will notice a huge improvement in all areas of game play.
    Funny. Maybe if I type it a third time it will get through.
    Nah.

You'd have to come up with a decent reason a first time before you could repeat it for a third time.
  • Options
    Gildo - you're a new player who wants more gear. You should have just left it at that, instead of the nonsense about new and old players.

If you want me to jump on the give-us-more-gear bandwagon, I've been on it for a long time. Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    From personal experience (and I'm sure most of us who have been here for over a year) I think the biggest problem (from a new player standpoint) is the Attention Deficit Disorder that many players get when they join. Back when I started the 2 main marquee events were Yoda and Palpatine and that was it. There was no Thrawn, CLS, Nilhus, Phoenix, etc. But there were still quite a bit of choices to make even back then. Now I can only imagine what a new player must think when they join as there is SO much to choose from. It's like a kid in a candy store and the kid says "I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this". You need a scoundrel team for credit/training droid heists. You need a Jedi team for the Yoda event. You need a Rebel team for the Palpatine event. You need a Phoenix team for Thrawn event. You need an Empire team for R2 event. You need specific rebels for CLS. And now with TBs everything amounts to GP and then with that you need Hoth Scout/Hoth Soldier/CHS. I can only imagine how hard it must be to focus on a goal without getting sidetracked.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    From personal experience (and I'm sure most of us who have been here for over a year) I think the biggest problem (from a new player standpoint) is the Attention Deficit Disorder that many players get when they join. Back when I started the 2 main marquee events were Yoda and Palpatine and that was it. There was no Thrawn, CLS, Nilhus, Phoenix, etc. But there were still quite a bit of choices to make even back then. Now I can only imagine what a new player must think when they join as there is SO much to choose from. It's like a kid in a candy store and the kid says "I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this". You need a scoundrel team for credit/training droid heists. You need a Jedi team for the Yoda event. You need a Rebel team for the Palpatine event. You need a Phoenix team for Thrawn event. You need an Empire team for R2 event. You need specific rebels for CLS. And now with TBs everything amounts to GP and then with that you need Hoth Scout/Hoth Soldier/CHS. I can only imagine how hard it must be to focus on a goal without getting sidetracked.

so a new player NEEDS different teams, but should have only one at a time, make it like one every 2-3 months.
    There is nothing fair in that.
  • Options

Would that stuff even help? I've already got thousands of sim tickets...having thousands more isn't going to gear me faster. I've already got tons of low level gear...its the cuffs/guns/holo projectors/carbantis that hold you back from where you can even think about starting to use G12 stuff(which is another bottleneck all its own), and even if you get extra arena/gw tokens, you just end up hitting a point faster where you have a large collection of under geared characters all pretty much held up by the same few pieces of gear you need obscene amounts of.

Well my point is hitting the point faster extra arena and gw tokens is less time fot sharp shop and sharp shop has advance gear, sim tickets are problem in the low level is this about low level
  • Options
    I've been trying to follow this thread for awhile now, and even more excellent points have been brought up. The only thing I feel is worth adding is this:

A new player that starts and is interested enough in the game to come to the forums around the time s/he hits 20th or so level (in time to join a guild) will find a laid out leveling plan, the results of those of us who came before them.

It's been pointed out on here several times that a new player should start farming the Phoenix Squad, which will net them both Palpatine and Thrawn (and in turn, 2 Empire guys at 7* for R2, and in turn, CLS), and the requirements to obtain CLS, GM Yoda, and what they need to be successful in Territory Battles and Raids (Phoenix Squad is not a terrible start for either of those, really).

That alone is very valuable and would have been nice to know back when I started. The rest of us had to slog along, picking and choosing based on breadcrumb clues who we felt would be a good investment (aside from game effectiveness), and then panic farm the very same characters a new player would have to farm to get these new Legendary Characters when they're dropped on us with a week's notice. Sometimes you hit the farming lottery and already have them, other times you just miss out, just like a new player.

The bright side for a new player is that all this information is available so you're not going to see anyone who seeks it out having a 7* GXI Clone Wars Chewbacca as their lead up until about level 70 or so like some people who started long ago probably had.
  • Options
    Still don't get it. We all have the bottleneck gear issue. They keep making it easier for us to obtain gear. Yeah it's not in abundance nor full parts most of the time with the occasional good rng drop from a raid.

The game is about resource management to me. I'm a launch player and I don't think someone playing for a few months should even be remotely close to my roster and gear lvl. You have to pick and choose just like the rest of us did.

New players have it easy compared to vets. You have all the information you need on these forums to prepare for events if you're not ready it's you own fault. Gear Challenges you used to get 1 type of what gear offered not at least 3 pieces of everything offered. Try farming Carbantis back then.

You got Marquee Events which you can unlock every new character that isn't considered legendary. We had chromium and Aurodium ONLY. I remember dropping 3-400.00 USD just to unlock Rex when he was released and then shelved him a month later when we started doing T6 Pit Raids.

Now you get to test drive Characters and decide if its worthwhile to invest to raise their star level. If not wait a couple months when they are ftp. Character that I farmed hard nodes only are now in shops. It's not that I'm bitter about it but you saying new players have it rough is a joke right?

I get the bottleneck thing but we all are going through it but I don't agree with they should make it easier for everyone to aquire. New players get gear from Raids, TB, Shops, and Challenges. We got gear at launch by farming nodes, challenges (1 type and less) and buying it. To me it seems you want the easy way to get good while us Vets put in the time grinding toons and gear.
  • Options
    Building a roster, squads, gearing, farming and competing at a top tier level takes time, dedecation and/or money if you want it faster. This is how ALL ONLINE GAMES ARE!
    Except games of skill, games of chance, and pretty much every game ever made that hasn't been infected by all this RPG treadmill gear-tycoon stuff. Get outside of your bubble, man.

Everything i said is exactly how this game runs. If Newbies want to get things faster they have to either pay or take the time to farm. Thats how most of us has been playing this game since it was realeased.

And because im fine with this i live inside of a bubble?
    Because you claim that every game is a treadmill game about accumulating permanent power you live in a bubble. I addressed what you wrote. Meanwhile,
    quit crying about how the RNG has been soooooo mean and unfair to you. Its pathetic!
    Some weird complaint about an imaginary thing that I haven't done. And
    Of course...you always have the option to just quit and walk away if you dont like it.
    Look, I understand that you're trying to drive people away from this game so it can shut down sooner but "My way or go away" isn't going to work on me, Sunshine. I'm sure that CG appreciates your efforts to undermine their bottom line though.

You brought up the RNG comment so i assumed it must bother you...and as for me trying to drive people away so the game would shut down sooner...? Seriously? I happen to like the game and enjoy playing it so for it to shut down would not be an interest of mine.

Id say try harder if you're trying to undermine my original comments and make your own "Logical argument"..but some people just dont have enough intelligence for that.

Ive seen your posts before...nothing you have ever said shows an ounce of logic and reason...instead its always some little snivelling remarks because its something you dont agree with.

Fact is what i said in the first place is exactly how the game has been..and still is. It doesnt matter if you like it or not or agree with it or not. Its how it is and thats that.

Yeah i know truth is a hardpill2swallow...but swallow it you most certainly will!

Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Options
    I’d like to see things sped up about for new players. Maybe offering more double drops events. Preferably ones focused on the required characters for cls, read the rebels required and some empire stuffs to get r2. This won’t benefit vets as much as a lot already have these, myself included. Those that don’t have it... well they certainly wouldn’t mind the help.

Credit crunch is an odd thing. Some sit on like 60 million and have no training droids and a lot more have training droids but no cash. That said I’d still like to see some extra pennies going to new players when they get to 85 to give their leveling characters to 85 a boost.

The cuff/gun issue needs to be addressed too. Even add a drop chance of 3 to the challanges would help this immensely. They are an insane barrier to those of us that haven’t played since launch (13 months here -1.8 m gp ty) but it’s going to be even worse for new players who have to push 4 teams in to start tb. I’m lucky I have two functioning teams as I am one of those ds lovers so this update well. How it made me feel won’t pass any of the forum censors. But yeah. These gear pieces need more common drops. Also... challange gear... drop rates should go up to a chance of 9 - 4 pieces not the 7-3 it is now. This would help ease the lower tiers of gear immensely for both new and not so old players.

Getting into a game and being able to do a slight contribution is a big thing. I recently got my brother into the game and while he’s moving along okay. He feels like he’s a weight on the guild. I think he’s making decent progress but you sure feel like a road block when you start out that’s for sure.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Could've sworn you said you would be better off. Now it sounds like you wouldn't.

Instead of pretending you know what I said, go back and read what I actually wrote. I explained it further and it still flies over your head. It's not hard to understand.

Having a conversation with you is pointless.

Dont pay lizzy any mind...its obvious he/she is behind the curve and all upset about not getting what they want right now. Or maybe they dont spend as much as other players but from what I read a previous post of theirs saying how their GP is slightly under 1.2 million..even for a free to play person....1.2 million is low lol.

Now im not hating on lizzy because of how low he/she GP is...but when someone like that comes on the forums and talks all this talk without a roster to back it up is nothing but a sure sign of frustration and naivety about the game. Thats what i am laughing about and thats what i find insanely hilarious.

Nothing sadder than a troll that trolls on the forums and doesnt have a roster strength high enough to understand what other players are saying.

GP slightly less than 1.2 million....no wonder why Lizzy is making a fuss about a "New Players Experience".

Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

HardPill2Swallow
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    **** you
  • Options
    Could've sworn you said you would be better off. Now it sounds like you wouldn't.

Instead of pretending you know what I said, go back and read what I actually wrote. I explained it further and it still flies over your head. It's not hard to understand.

Dont pay lizzy any mind...its obvious he/she is behind the curve and all upset about not getting what they want right now. Or maybe they dont spend as much as other players but from what I read a previous post of theirs saying how their GP is slightly under 1.2 million..even for a free to play person....1.2 million is low lol.

Now im not hating on lizzy because of how low he/she GP is...but when someone like that comes on the forums and talks all this talk without a roster to back it up is nothing but a sure sign of frustration and naivety about the game. Thats what i am laughing about and thats what i find insanely hilarious.

Nothing sadder than a troll that trolls on the forums and doesnt have a roster strength high enough to understand what other players are saying.

GP slightly less than 1.2 million....no wonder why Lizzy is making a fuss about a "New Players Experience".

So more GP more important opinion???
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Funny I've been playing only a month and I'm at 1.15 mil gp and I thought I was ahead of the curve...I wonder how much gp darthsalsa thinks a new player should have
  • Options
    Rujedi wrote: »
    Funny I've been playing only a month and I'm at 1.15 mil gp and I thought I was ahead of the curve...I wonder how much gp darthsalsa thinks a new player should have

Only a month? Wow congratulations you are good in this game bro.
    I dont now is hard to say you can be a whale, play only a few times in a week..etc
  • Options

Geez....does anyone read anymore? Maybe its the day and age we live in as because everyone so defensive when someones opinion is different from theirs?

No, Salsa...More GP doesnt mean more important opinion. But when someone like the person i originally was talking about talks trash on the forum and tries to belittle others opinions when they have what is obviously a very weak roster and no logical argument...then thats when i question their opinion if its valid or not.

This is how to hurt a trolls feelings 101.

HardPill2Swallow

Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    **** you
  • Options

Geez....does anyone read anymore? Maybe its the day and age we live in as because everyone so defensive when someones opinion is different from theirs?

No, Salsa...More GP doesnt mean more important opinion. But when someone like the person i originally was talking about talks trash on the forum and tries to belittle others opinions when they have what is obviously a very weak roster and no logical argument...then thats when i question their opinion if its valid or not.

This is how to hurt a trolls feelings 101.

Thats a good point
  • Options
    When did you start playing?

Already said earlier in the thread, have fun just resorting to nonsense now because you realize you aren't making any good points.
    Icefen wrote: »
    This is the problem with the newer generations , they want everything with no real effort.

Who is asking for everything with no real effort? Pretty much every farm fest game alleviates past bottlenecks when new end game bottlenecks are introduced...otherwise as time goes on the game becomes more and more pointless for new players to even bother. Do you not want to have new players stick around to keep the game alive? It should be stating the obvious at this point but if we don't have paying customers we don't have a game.
    A couple of months ago I started a second account and it was way easier than my first one. In that account I´m lvl 77 with a few toons with gear 9

A couple months in you have some garbage toons? Congrats? You can't do much in heroic raids or TB other than get carried, or join a **** guild so you can feel like you contribute more even though you'll get less rewards that way, which in return just puts you further behind the curve. Further more you probably don't even have the roster to even participate in most events, let alone actually do well enough to get rewards from them, or maybe complete them.

I did the same thing in as far as starting a new account and trust it was infinitely more easier than we I started the first time. If it is seemingly unfair to new players then I suggest they do what the old players did when the wanted to progress faster and pay.
  • Options
    When did you start playing?

Already said earlier in the thread, have fun just resorting to nonsense now because you realize you aren't making any good points.
    This is the problem with the newer generations , they want everything with no real effort.

Who is asking for everything with no real effort? Pretty much every farm fest game alleviates past bottlenecks when new end game bottlenecks are introduced...otherwise as time goes on the game becomes more and more pointless for new players to even bother. Do you not want to have new players stick around to keep the game alive? It should be stating the obvious at this point but if we don't have paying customers we don't have a game.
    A couple of months ago I started a second account and it was way easier than my first one. In that account I´m lvl 77 with a few toons with gear 9

A couple months in you have some garbage toons? Congrats? You can't do much in heroic raids or TB other than get carried, or join a **** guild so you can feel like you contribute more even though you'll get less rewards that way, which in return just puts you further behind the curve. Further more you probably don't even have the roster to even participate in most events, let alone actually do well enough to get rewards from them, or maybe complete them.

I did the same thing in as far as starting a new account and trust it was infinitely more easier than we I started the first time. If it is seemingly unfair to new players then I suggest they do what the old players did when the wanted to progress faster and pay.

This^^^

Knowing what we know now about the game if veterans were to start all over it would be way easier.

There are now more ways to get gear than before...
    We would have farmed the better starter toons instead of wasting time and resources farming the mediocre ones..
    I probably would have bought the starter packs like Count Dooku for example when i hit whatever level he was offered to me at...

Just those 3 things there could have helped us older players out tremendously had we know. But still most players like myself stuck it out...spent a little cash...farmed every faction needed and now our roster are good enough to do all the events that come around. Its a nice feeling to not miss out on something when it comes around.

To all the new players here...this game takes time and/or money. Many of us have been playing for almost 2 years now. I have 101 seven star toons...that is not an easy acomplishment...nor is that something that can be handed to you over night...much less 6 months. Thats 2 years of playing right there..with a little bit of money spent here and there.

Dont be in such a hurry to finish everything...youll get it when youll get it...and if you do want it now....then your gonna have to spend $$$$$.

The people in charge of this game aint in bussiness because of all the freebies they are giving away.

HardPill2Swallow

Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    **** you
  • Gul_Ski09
    109 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lol the amount of time spent farming / gearing to top of arena, you probably could've found a girlfriend xD
  • Options
    Here's a sure sign.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/133241/the-direction-the-game-is-heading

Jeez, Louise. You must be projecting, 'cause I don't even remember the last time I was as upset as that about a videogame.
  • Options
    7 star team in five weeks seems like the game been pretty good to u.

+1 good point (side note; I wonder how many ppl get your name reference, +1 for that as well)
  • Options
    I'm playing now since almost 2 months and enjoy it a lot. Was searching for a new game and I have the feeling I will play swgoh for a long time. I finally got the sith team I wanted almost completely f2p except my Nihilus. Although I know that light side currently dominate (dark side has the cookies) I manged to stay between rank 50-90 in arena every day. I usually only use my crystals for energy refresh which is very important to make faster progress.
  • Options
    Here's a sure sign.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/133241/the-direction-the-game-is-heading

Jeez, Louise. You must be projecting, 'cause I don't even remember the last time I was as upset as that about a videogame.

I beg to differ..number 1.2 lol. I bet you get mad everyday on this game...that's why you troll the forums..to relieve the stress that your 1.2GP roster gives ya lol.

It must really be a bummer to not finish GW everyday.

It must really be a bummer...to miss out on events.

It must really be a bummer...to not get rank one everyday in arena.

It must really be a bummer...when someone like me comes along and speaks a little truth that hurts the feelings.

Here's a tip.....take a break from the forums...and go work on your slightly less than 1.2 GP roster.

HardPill2Swallow

Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    **** you
  • Options
    I really hope the Devs take a look through this thread an think on how they support new players.

I’d hate to be coming in but WIFTB. But we need a fresh and continually new player base if this gain is to manintain longevity.

Please take note of this Devs, cheers