BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• Options
    Muerrto wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    My point, which was clearly missed, is that there's never been an event that required 5 of 5. They should've done 3. Period. There's not anther faction that's ever been needed that only has 5 and required 5.

That's all.

What about Thrawn's event?

There's 6 Phoenix

Only 5 if you wanted to do it without gearing them up a lot.
  • Options
    KChat wrote: »
    (FWIW, on Tier 7 it seems to me that they lowered the 70 cooldown for "Illuminated Destiny," as BB-8 seems to use it every 2 turns or so.)

I used BB-8 in my GW today. His cooldown does come down quite fast. Once you use it the first time, you get to use it every other turn or so.

Read the description for the move carefully. Every time someone uses a special, the cooldown comes down by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel. Two rounds and that's AT LEAST 50 removed. Add to that Finn's leader that reduces the cooldowns of Resistance allies whenever an enemy takes a hit from expose, and how BB-8 gains TM so quickly and you'll see Illuminated Destiny used a lot.

• Options
    7*. Took me two times to beat tier 6.

Gear XI FOTP
    Gear XI Foo (easy ish gear)
    Gear X Phasma
    Gear 8 Kylo and FOST

Omegas on FOTP Foo and Phasma. No omegas on Kylo or FOST, no zetas on anyone and subpar mods. Tier 7 was by the skin of my teeth. 2* tier 6 and 1* tier 7. Kill order was Rey, Han, Chewie, BB and then Finn.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    These guys on here who are beating it with g7 and g8 must be cheating
  • Options
    Rujedi wrote: »

It's probably doable, just takes RNGesus in your favor.

May the sacrifice to his name begin.
  • Options
    This event needs to be dialed down difficulty wise. I spent a good amount of money buying first order to get them all to 7* and gear 9, I've got them all at around 200 speed and I can't beat the 7th stage. Granted I'm only level 77 but this should be enough..otherwise what's the point in spending money to get characters for an event if you make the event so hard we can't beat it....really not happy!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I have been playing for almost two years (FTP) but have never chased the meta. Didn't have 5 rebels for EP, didn't have 5 jedi for Yoda, just recently got 5 Empire for R2, etc. But finally I was able to 7* a character off the bat with my fully zeta'd, g11 & g12 FO squad. Don't worry about not getting a character the first time around. They'll be back. If it's someone you really want, go ahead and prep now so you'll be ready. Or build a team to prepare for surprises like BB-8. (so start building Resistance now, because they'll likely be needed for a new FO toon soon).
  • Options
    This event needs to be dialed down difficulty wise. I spent a good amount of money buying first order to get them all to 7* and gear 9, I've got them all at around 200 speed and I can't beat the 7th stage. Granted I'm only level 77 but this should be enough..otherwise what's the point in spending money to get characters for an event if you make the event so hard we can't beat it....really not happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Your squad looks very good man. I think the level 77 could be an issue as level 80 is recommanded for legendary event. Did you have Zeta Kylo. Keep trying you will have BB8. Good luck!
  • Options
    What is your attack order? Mine was Rey, Han, Chewie, Finn and BB-8.
  • Options
    Zeta Kylo Ren really makes it easy. My Kylo is gear 11, everyone else is gear 7. Got to T6 without losing anyone, lost my stormtrooper, won. T7 lost everyone but Kylo, took out Rey and got Chewie to half before they died--Outrage spam, won.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Germi wrote: »

Your squad looks very good man. I think the level 77 could be an issue as level 80 is recommanded for legendary event. Did you have Zeta Kylo. Keep trying you will have BB8. Good luck!

You can't get zetas at level 77
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options

Set your FO team speed to run Phasma>FOTP>FOO>kylo>FOST. Have Phasma do victory march. Then have FOTP attack Rey. Have FOO give tm to FOTP. Have Kylo stun Chewie. Have FOST taunt. Have FOTP attack Rey again. (Rey should die) then kill off han>chewy>bb8>Finn. If at start of fight any toons except FOST get stunned or die just retreat and try again. In T7 have everyone attack bb8 and make sure Kylo stuns. If you kill bb8 be for he buffs team then kill rey>han>chewie>Finn.
    Hope it helps
  • Options
    Tks for all the advise I'll try them really appreciate it
  • Options
    Is there a certain number for of times you can try in t7 or is it unlimited
  • Options

Unlimited ... go go go ;-)
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

No, cheating. The event is too fast. Your toons would be dead if they were geared that low. Period
  • Options

Unlimited. Did you manage to finish T6?
  • Options
    aeaswen wrote: »

No, cheating. The event is too fast. Your toons would be dead if they were geared that low. Period

Incorrect. We had a guildmate so it all gear 8. Took him a few times though. It's all rng.
  • Options
    If you are riding the line of success/failure, try remodding your fragile heroes with some more survivability. Remember that unless you have great gear, +1000 Protection will be much better than +5% protection. Since you're not healing or regenerating protection in any meaningful way (unless you have Zylo, and this advice is useless to you anyway), protection and healing are basically identical. Go with whatever gives you the highest combined total, but Protection is probably slightly better if you have a choice, because expose goes off of health.

You have to survive long enough to start striking back, and bunch of enemy attacks will hit you before you can move, even with 200+ speed.

Focus on the killers first. Ignore BB8 and Finn until last. Take out Rey first if at all possible, Han is the next most vulnerable, then Chewie. Try to keep someone stunned with kylo at all times, and give him some extra potency if you're not landing it reliably. If you can lock-up or be killing two of the heavy hitters at once (Stun one, using FOO turn reduction on another while everyone is targeting them) then you've got the fight half-won.

Swipe your absolute best mods from your other characters, and put them back after you finish. The cost isn't much, the event itself gives you more credits than you need for just starring up BB8, and it will save you a tremendous amount of frustration.

Lastly, you don't have to have him unlocked TODAY, RIGHT THIS MOMENT, ASAP!!! You have a few days work on it if needed to get your weak link(s) to the next gear level.
  • Options

Incorrect. We had a guildmate so it all gear 8. Took him a few times though. It's all rng.

Sure... I have g10/g8. 3 toons were dead before I went on the next to last phase.
  • Options

Sure... I have g10/g8. 3 toons were dead before I went on the next to last phase.

Welp, he did it with mostly auto. I think Kylo just left. Just had another low gear guildmate do it as well.
  • Options

Welp, he did it with mostly auto. I think Kylo just left. Just had another low gear guildmate do it as well.

Cool.
  • Options
    Fotp was my first toon i got to G11. A few months ago i got Phasma and Kylo to G11 as well. My other 2 first order toons are in g8 and i could have got them to G10 if i wanted.

I auto'd the entire event and it took at the most 5 minutes
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Options
    My point, which was clearly missed, is that there's never been an event that required 5 of 5. They should've done 3. Period. There's not anther faction that's ever been needed that only has 5 and required 5.

That's all.

Thrawn and CLS. And also everyone knew FO would be needed. So you should have farmed them. Too bad so sad lol.
  • Options
    Well...seems like the key is having farmed hard nodes for months...or spending $ for fotfp and fost. Duh.
  • Options
    FOST is a brutal farm. Started to focus on faction shards months ago.
  • Options

ALL gear 8 and with below average gear, did it with. A few try’s.
  • Options
    The real bummer is BB8 get of illuminated destiny on his first turn in the 7th battle how am I supposed to beat that
  • Options
    The real bummer is BB8 get of illuminated destiny on his first turn in the 7th battle how am I supposed to beat that

He got it on tier 6 for me. Tier 7 was less difficult.
  • Options

Apparently the Event version of BB8 does't have to worry about a 70 turn cooldown...