Guild Vs. Guild... Who asked for more content?

Replies

• ludwignasche
    86 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What bothers me big time with TB is that you are forced to actually play it every time because the other guild members need your contribution.

Raids are way more fun to play, are shorter and you can just post zero damage or don't participate when you don't have time and everything is ok. With TB no and it puts so much pressure to play one of the most boring features of the game. Pressure for players, for guild officers and except by rewards who wants to spend 6 days fighting snowtroopers?

GW gives you the chance to fight so many different squads. Give us G12 to play GW and retire TB for good until the guild vs guild feature is ready.
  • Options
    What bothers me big time with TB is that you are forced to actually play it every time because the other guild members need your contribution.

Raids are way more fun to play, are shorter and you can just post zero damage or don't participate when you don't have time and everything is ok. With TB no and it puts so much pressure to play one of the most boring features of the game. Pressure for players, for guild officers and except by rewards who wants to spend 6 days fighting snowtroopers?

GW gives you the chance to fight so many different squads. Give us G12 to play GW and retire TB for good until the guild vs guild feature is ready.

While I agree about the participation element ie we rely on the participation of others everyday for 6 days.

I disagree about the pressure on officers/leaders. And here’s why. When TB started no one really knew what they were doing, everyone was second guessing what they were doing, worrying about those that don’t/can’t/won’t communicate. But now I genuinely think as a guild leader that I could just leave my guys to it. We can achieve the star level that we have achieved and absolutely no more without a drastic improvement in our GP. So now on the 2 phases that matter I leave a banner message on the guild chat and that’s it - job done. It is basically autopilot now, and now the rewards have been reworked to reflect the number of stars you get the pressure has been relieved hugely!

Because they come round so often it’s not like you’re going to miss out for long either. Going forwards I would like to see a DS TB introduced that cycles with the LS one and then the GvsG as a separate entity on a different cadence.

I really thought TB would be the end of my guild, splintering us according to our relative GPs, but actually since the first TB our guild GP has nearly doubled. And our “GP spread” has narrowed considerably across the guild.

Keep up the good work Devs.
  • Options
    For those that want more content and more to do. Here is a simple solution, remove the "Auto" feature. No autoing of battles. Seriously what is the point of having a game that can be autoed? You should have to play all of the battles. There you go, there is the fix. You will now spend hours in the game and you will be busy.
  • Options
    -1 None of the content is mandatory, nor is the game in general. There are plenty of laid back guilds out there, go find one that suits your style of play & commitment.
  • Options
    aeaswen wrote: »
    Matke wrote: »
    Wiggs, r2, raid han, sthan do first 11 nodes for me in like 6,7 minutes. I admit I don't auto but when I get CLS I will. I ALMOST auto it, do it with 10% of the brain when I'm reading a book.

The GW is boring as well after you complete 200 of them.

I have g12 zeta'd CLS/Raid Han/R2. Finish top 20 in arena every day and have a secondary g11 maxed zader team. haven't finished GW in a month. I get a minimum of three CLS led g12 teams per GW. I don't believe any of you folks are getting through what I get unless you are full G12 with every zeta imaginable.

GW is no more difficult than its ever been, if you're having issues with those toons then most likely you're not preparing properly & the fault is your own. There is plenty of info out there, as well as helpful players, to help get the most out of your roster. You're not the only 1 gabbing multiple CLS teams, i get 1 ever other node after node 6, and I still complete with no issues. Sometimes it takes a few retreats to find the solution to a particular team but never is it just not possible. I simply prep teams & certain toons on the early nodes, 1 thru 6, and then its just a matter of planning ahead. I don't lose a single toon unless it's node 11 & I just don't care (node 12 is simple). All it takes is preparation & awareness, not a ton of g12 toons with zeta abilities.
  • Options
    Wiggs, r2, raid han, sthan do first 11 nodes for me in like 6,7 minutes. I admit I don't auto but when I get CLS I will. I ALMOST auto it, do it with 10% of the brain when I'm reading a book.

I have g12 zeta'd CLS/Raid Han/R2. Finish top 20 in arena every day and have a secondary g11 maxed zader team. haven't finished GW in a month. I get a minimum of three CLS led g12 teams per GW. I don't believe any of you folks are getting through what I get unless you are full G12 with every zeta imaginable.

GW is no more difficult than its ever been, if you're having issues with those toons then most likely you're not preparing properly & the fault is your own. There is plenty of info out there, as well as helpful players, to help get the most out of your roster. You're not the only 1 gabbing multiple CLS teams, i get 1 ever other node after node 6, and I still complete with no issues. Sometimes it takes a few retreats to find the solution to a particular team but never is it just not possible. I simply prep teams & certain toons on the early nodes, 1 thru 6, and then its just a matter of planning ahead. I don't lose a single toon unless it's node 11 & I just don't care (node 12 is simple). All it takes is preparation & awareness, not a ton of g12 toons with zeta abilities.

Wrong. Gw strategy isn't hard. All that prep and rng manipulation takes a full hour to maybe beat it when you face cls, thrawn, gj, han solo and r2 g12,zetaed to the gills after your main team has been beaten down. I'm glad you beat it but you are a minority or have resistance team. GW is a god awful time suck you either have to slug through or choose basically not to compete. GW and TB are the reasons I play far less than I ever have and am done paying in this game. To compete is a chore. Very few enjoy gw but yet it slogs on it it's sameness.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    -1 None of the content is mandatory, nor is the game in general. There are plenty of laid back guilds out there, go find one that suits your style of play & commitment.

These kind of responses are simply garbage.

You don't have to do GW, compete in Arena, join a guild or participate to any new content. Where's the game then?

Basically you are saying that people should just quit the game instead of playing. Haven't been following the threads where new players complain about having way too many forced farms?

TB already requires every single member to participate every single time. That's going to start affecting morale sooner than later especially as the waves are same same same.

If GvG turns out to be what a lot of people are afraid of it's not going to engage players.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I'm excited for GvG

Reading your last three comments could I have whatever you are on, too?

But yeah, I'm also excited but at the same time dreadful. TB has occurred four times and in the guild there's already battle fatigue.

With HAAT and Rancor we can opt to sit out.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I'm excited for GvG

Reading your last three comments could I have whatever you are on, too?

But yeah, I'm also excited but at the same time dreadful. TB has occurred four times and in the guild there's already battle fatigue.

With HAAT and Rancor we can opt to sit out.

I'm just bored lol, was going to reply similarly to every thread but then I realized there's really not as much activity as I remember there being before
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad you beat it but you are a minority or have resistance team.

I'm genuinely curious if that's true or not. I never had any issues clearing GW and i do not consider myself a particulary "good" player.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I'm genuinely curious if that's true or not. I never had any issues clearing GW and i do not consider myself a particulary "good" player.

Assuming this is you lol.

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/

yea, full meta g12 toons with an average arena rank of 3rd and you don't consider yourself "good". Ok, man. I think we know why you don't struggle with GW. You have 37 g11 toons or higher.
  • Options

I can vouch for this guy definitely NOT being a good player B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

Lol. Yea. 2.2 million GP. Prolly in top 1% of players. Absolutely no good.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

yea, full meta g12 toons with an average arena rank of 3rd and you don't consider yourself "good". Ok, man. I think we know why you don't struggle with GW. You have 37 g11 toons or higher.

Yes, that is my profile. Maybe i'm being too humble, but i don't have any exceptional skills or anything like that. I'd also like to note that i didn't always have 37 g11 toons, yet i didn't have any issues clearing GW back then either. I most certainly don't have to use my entire roster to clear GW, just 1 team is enough. That's why i'm curious if the players who don't struggle with GW are in fact in the minority, since i don't think you need an exceptional roster or exceptional skills to consistandly clear GW.
    I'm not curious why i don't struggle with GW, i know why i don't struggle with GW.

#facts =D
  • Options

Yes, that is my profile. Maybe i'm being too humble, but i don't have any exceptional skills or anything like that. I'd also like to note that i didn't always have 37 g11 toons, yet i didn't have any issues clearing GW back then either. I most certainly don't have to use my entire roster to clear GW, just 1 team is enough. That's why i'm curious if the players who don't struggle with GW are in fact in the minority, since i don't think you need an exceptional roster or exceptional skills to consistandly clear GW.
    I'm not curious why i don't struggle with GW, i know why i don't struggle with GW.

#facts =D

I'd like to think I have an above average roster but I can't get through 3+ teams of CLS+Chaze or CLS+GK. Guess I just need to farm resistance. I've currently just given up lol. I do about 3 nodes a day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

#facts =D

I'd like to think I have an above average roster but I can't get through 3+ teams of CLS+Chaze or CLS+GK. Guess I just need to farm resistance. I've currently just given up lol. I do about 3 nodes a day.

resistance is definately the easiest way to success in GW.
  • Options
    Typical Internet. People who somehow finish everything in the game in +/- 2 minutes. Not everyone does.

People who spend way too much time on this game. There are people who do everything faster then you.

Personally, having played this game since the beginning, I call bull on first people... but whatever.

It's clear everyone does want more to do in the game, more options are always better. New content is not really the issues.

It's the time commitment to do them. As was mentioned - the 'personal' dailies can be skipped, you can enter and exit GW and finish it for the day. You can't do that with TB... and with the announcement of DS TB, it's just more of the same essentially unskippable content... (well, you'll fight ~60 waves of the same rebel troops instead of imperials...)

And GvG just looks like even more of the same. (well, in this case, 50 waves of CLS, instead)

Raids are way better. I'd rather each week the guild have to build up a new Zilla monster or something - outfit a a super tank as best as they can - work to outfit their guild base with cannon, troops, traps, whatever. Then Gvg is another guild seeing how well they do again it. Super raid.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Lol. Yea. 2.2 million GP. Prolly in top 1% of players. Absolutely no good.

TBF having GP doesn't mean he's good lol, and with 2.2 he might not make the cut in my guild.
  • LukeDukem8
    609 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I get through GW everyday and don't have resistance nor 37 G11 toons. It definitely takes me a couple of tries during nodes 9 and 11, but I just have to pre load certain toons with the right amount ot TM. I personally like the challenge. Also, I now have Thrawn (which I just got a couple of days ago) and now I breeze through.

What I really like about it is,on the hardest node I get to try out different combinations of arena teams that best simulates an arena battle (no preloading TM). Doesn't cost me a dime in crystals and I know if I can beat those teams, I should be good in arena.
  • Options
    I think people do want new / updated content so the game isn't stale .... but the key is they need to retire / streamline some older content in the process and continually push QoL changes to offset so we spend less time doing stuff that isn't fun and related to the content. Cooldown timers and mod management needs to be looked at.

For the players that like to test in GW vs. elite teams, if it were just 3 nodes of only those elite teams than you'd still be in good shape. Between the broken nodes and the terrible teams you get in nodes 1-5 and generally 7-9, it's really only 2 - 3 true fights anyway. The rest is just wasting time autoing / pushing buttons and screens loading. Or at least something like 4-6 nodes. Anything to reduce on redundant content would help. You face those same teams in actual arena 5+ times a day anyway.
  • Options
    I think people do want new / updated content so the game isn't stale .... but the key is they need to retire / streamline some older content in the process and continually push QoL changes to offset so we spend less time doing stuff that isn't fun and related to the content. Cooldown timers and mod management needs to be looked at.

For the players that like to test in GW vs. elite teams, if it were just 3 nodes of only those elite teams than you'd still be in good shape. Between the broken nodes and the terrible teams you get in nodes 1-5 and generally 7-9, it's really only 2 - 3 true fights anyway. The rest is just wasting time autoing / pushing buttons and screens loading. Or at least something like 4-6 nodes. Anything to reduce on redundant content would help. You face those same teams in actual arena 5+ times a day anyway.

Definitely agree. Good post.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    People have been asking for guild wars for a long time. We just went about a year without new content. I think ships and HAAT were the last new content to be released, which was a year ago, so it feels like a lot at once.

I don't have a problem with new content. What I do have concerns with is that with the addition of content they are not making the grind any easier really. Territory Battles, has been very demanding on players to farm and gear up the newly introduced characters as well as other key light-side characters, and light side teams in general.

The shard shop changes and territory battles shop is just not enough to ease the gear grind, which feels like it gets worse with each new character they add to the game.. From players I have talked to this seems to be a major culprit for people leaving the game. Plenty of players are expressing their frustration and pondering over quitting as a result as well.

I really hope something can be done as cuffs, guns, and Carbantis in particular seem to be a major roadblock. Carbantis may be in challenges, but when each character needs them in the hundreds...
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

#facts =D

Lmao 3 nodes a day. Either say F it and do 0 or do em all. Go big or go home.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

#facts =D

Wise words from a wise man. Should always try to do some gw. Get those tokens. How else will you farm logray when he drops in there.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

#facts =D

Nope. Thanks for the advice though.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand. The main complaints in this game is the time that it consumed. Terrority battles have made it just that much worse. You'd think they'd announce a change to GW or something that would reduce the time suck of this game. Instead, they've announced another game mode and a second terrority battle. Even more farming. Haven't we all seen the amount of burn out happening in the guilds lately?

All i know is your guild is gonna lose, over content, maybe but thi s is one players asked for so sorry you're guild is going to always lose, at least against us... don't take it too hard... It's only a game
  • Options

Wrong. Gw strategy isn't hard. All that prep and rng manipulation takes a full hour to maybe beat it when you face cls, thrawn, gj, han solo and r2 g12,zetaed to the gills after your main team has been beaten down. I'm glad you beat it but you are a minority or have resistance team. GW is a god awful time suck you either have to slug through or choose basically not to compete. GW and TB are the reasons I play far less than I ever have and am done paying in this game. To compete is a chore. Very few enjoy gw but yet it slogs on it it's sameness.

I agree with GW being a time suck & pretty much everything else you said but that wasn't what I was responding to... I was responding to the person who said it was impossible to complete GW without g12 & fully zeta'd toons. GW is an absolute chore for sure, but that's all, it's certainly not the highlight of my day but it's perfectly beatable.

Btw... I don't have Resistance & won't any time soon.
  • Options
    Guild vs Guild on the horizon is why I still play (and pay).