Content Update 10/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Winstar
    Rituals of Revenge Marquee Event
    Form a squad (Nightsisters highly recommended) and join forces with MOTHER TALZIN to strike against the many enemies of the Nightsisters of Dathomir! In this Marquee event you will learn all about the Great Mother and her many powerful abilities. Once completed you will have enough shards to unlock your own 3-Star version of Mother Talzin!
    Rituals of Revenge with run on October 20th.
    Winstar wrote: »
    Yes or No?

Do I need five Nightsisters at 7*s, level 85, Gear 8+, omega'd and modded to get 7* Mother Talzin?

Update notes were confusing to me.

No. Marquee events are not toon specific. but that will not get you to 7*.
    Defense of Dathomir Special Event

The Separatist Army led by General Grievous and Count Dooku have invaded Dathomir! In this special time-limited event gather a force of Nightsisters (minimum 5-Stars) and defend Dathomir! This event will be available for a limited time and has two tiers:
    Defense of Dathomir will run on Oct 20th.
    Tier 1 pits your team of 5-Star (or higher) Nightsisters against the attacking Separatist forces. Succeed and earn shards for Mother Talzin! Tier 1 is available to win once, and can be refreshed for crystals for one more win, each day the event runs.

still dont need 7* and its not clear how many shards you get but you can get more.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, Talzin is not a reward for having 7 star night sisters. She is a character you unlock at 3 stars then must pay for the rest. :-(
  • Options
    --Warning Rebels Spoilers --

An old foe reveals their true face could be Agent Kallus from Rebels? He was part of the empire, but was revealed to be working for the rebels as a double agent. It would coincide with the new season starting.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 Even the MODs are trolling you dude! Thats when you know you made it...

when one of the guys i look to for solid answers asks a question, gotta try to get in.
  • Options
    Love this update :) Great job devs! Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for communicating through the whole ordeal!!! All your work is much appreciated
  • Options
    CG - please stop the stealth changes.

If you are going to change the HAAT P2 main cannon timing, then just say so and people won’t get ****. Changing it and not saying anything is poor form. I hope this is a bug, but I’m not optimistic as we have a long history of stealth changes.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon -- what star requirements are there for tier 2 of the flash event?

Advanced Tactics T2 doesn't have any star-rarity requirements. It's tuned for around G8/G8.5 if you're Level 80+.

@CG_CapGaSP -- thanks for the response (both here and on reddit; not that I was desperately seeking the information or anything ;) )
  • Options
    Cool title, great rewards, looks similar to Places of Power, looks super fun! I like it, except for the character restrictions... Phoenix I'm sort of ok with, because they seem pretty useful, but out of place for this type of event. And don't even get me started with the NS lol. People with Thrawn will be able to use their Phoenix here, but will anyone actually WANT to use NS?
  • Options
    265 shards to a 7 star wicket (for all who are 15/30 from the original events)

10 shards per tier 1 event.

Exactly how often is this endor escalation being run?

26.5 (or a full 27 times) for 7 star.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    265 shards to a 7 star wicket (for all who are 15/30 from the original events)

10 shards per tier 1 event.

Exactly how often is this endor escalation being run?

26.5 (or a full 27 times) for 7 star.

Does it run multiple times when it's available and what is the crystal refresh cost? I can't imagine it will be back every month- but let's pretend it is and it only runs once- with no refresh. 2+ years for a 7* wicket. To put that in perspective the game is weeks away from its 2 year anniversary. Also - with this events return - does that mean wicket in platoons?
  • Options
    Looks like veteran smugglers were also added to shipments and chromiums?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hey everyone, here's some info about all the new events to help you get on board the event train:
    • 5 Ewoks at 4-stars to earn Wicket shards in the AT-ST event. When you have 7-Star Wicket, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier of that event.
    • 5 Nightsisters at 5-stars for earning Talzin shards in Defense of Dathomir. When you 7-Star Talzin, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier.
    • Nightsisters/Phoenix for the new Assault Battle (Secrets and Shadows) - lots of highly requested gear and sith shards.
    • 5 Nightsisters (I recommend G8+) for Advanced Tactics, again, helping get gear everyone's been requesting. No star-rarity requirement for T2.
    • Zombie and Spirit come from the Ghosts of Dathomir event. If you're level 80+ you will get them both the first time you win. If you're under level 80, you'll instead get a few shards and a huge XP reward the first time to help you level up.
    • Marquee events don't run again, but the rest of these will. No dates yet for future runs, so check them out while you can!

• Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the sneaky 'requires 5 ewoks, minimum 4 stars'

For me that means a mad few refreshes to get paploo to 4 stars before the event hits.

Very very sneaky

They told us that months ago.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon -- what star requirements are there for tier 2 of the flash event?

Advanced Tactics T2 doesn't have any star-rarity requirements. It's tuned for around G8/G8.5 if you're Level 80+.

Cap, what's the rotation on these events? Can we expect them monthly like the fleet mastery? Or every other? And since these are the only way to attain the wicket, mother talzin, and future toons, shards - they will be running forever, correct?

Honestly, I don't know yet. I don't make those decisions. I believe the general intent is that if you don't refresh it will take as long or slightly longer then a node-based farm.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    If you have event specific questions for this update, please also toss 'em into the thread in Event Feedback:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139898/10-18-update-events-notes

I'm trying to see if I can make that thread a repository of all the answers since there's a lot to digest.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options

Cap, what's the rotation on these events? Can we expect them monthly like the fleet mastery? Or every other? And since these are the only way to attain the wicket, mother talzin, and future toons, shards - they will be running forever, correct?

Honestly, I don't know yet. I don't make those decisions. I believe the general intent is that if you don't refresh it will take as long or slightly longer then a node-based farm.

Thanks Cap. I appreciate the replies and look forward to your new events. I'll find some one else I can bother now. Where's the guy with the hat?
  • Options
    Snoke? We will find out who he really is?
  • Options
    Got Talia/Daka/Ventress at 7, the sword one at 6 and 44/100, but the Acolyte I still have at 3 stars. Blegh.
  • Options
    Did they change the gear requirements for the Nightsisters with this Update cause i was looking at what gear was needed to get them to at least gear 10 and a few of them require gold gear at gear 8 or 9 thats like way early for Gold gear and gold gear i dont mean raid gear. Also They need a Bunch of Carbantis and Stun cuffs so YAY for that too. I do hope that the Rewards are like 25 pieces for winning the event. Cause if get like 5 carbantis its like wastes to try and farm them there. This gear crunch is too much.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    10/20-10/22. Starts at one of your refresh times, ends at one of your refresh times, between those dates.
  • Options
    Well the FO double drops started at 2300 my local time
  • Options
    Yeah it should be on your day reset so you don't get an extra shot right before the reset. FO shouldn't have started early, but if it did, maybe this one will for you too.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 Even the MODs are trolling you dude! Thats when you know you made it...

when one of the guys i look to for solid answers asks a question, gotta try to get in.

It's all good. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Me? Not quite.

JIZtWkB.png
  • Options
    "An old foe reveals their true face". Any ideas?

Search your feelings. It's old... from the prequel... it is elusive... it is evil... you know who he is...

"mesa sith lord..."

• Options
    The Rey we have now is named "Rey(Scavenger)" which wasn't there before... could it be that there will be a new Rey coming soon for "The Last Jedi"??!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    yes
  • Options
    Curious to see if this event will be harder than then the 2nd Thrawn. Considering gear 8 level 85 Phonix wasnt enough to get him to 6 star.

I used to trust the descriptions for events but since the difficulty seems to spike with no warning i dont put much stock in them anymore.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say it's its pretty obvious a new Rey is coming in Nov/Dec., "G-rey Jed-eye Rey"?

I say stop gearing up Scavenger Rey, she's going to be useless.