Content Update 10/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    HAAT bug is weird, agreed. Why? There was a data packet required for all menus and even arena, GW, and ships combat. Didn't have a raid up to see if one required there.

Also, I'm entirely skipping ewoks. They should NOT release refresh-based, limited time event farms requiring a day-of farm EVER, and also stop releasing events without a concrete plan on how long they last or when they will return!!! Every chance to stop this madness they do it again and on a shorter time scale.

At least NS has a laid out plan. But there are issues with how to farm and how long as poster below has detailed.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Stevil907 wrote: »
    I too am having the issue of being stuck at 'Loading Cantina' and nothing happening.

@Stevil907 i had to restart my device and it worked
  • Options
    They should NOT release refresh-based, limited time event farms without all the information on how long they last or when they will return!!!

This. Love the new content. The way it was released is terrible. We don't even know how the individual NS packs (the ones with guaranteed shards) will be priced....even though that event begins tomorrow. So much wrong with the communication on these events:

1) No duration information.
    2) No recurrence information.
    3) No packs until the event starts.
    4) No information on pack costs (for those that actually have guaranteed shard amounts).
    5) "Double drops" that don't start until the event, run two days (and past the end of the event).

While there have been some recent attempts at "improving" communication, realistically and practically speaking, there has been little to no improvement in almost 2 years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Each update makes it worse. Farmed First order? Oh well. You get BB8 who's worthless in arena. But he's great in HAAT. Yay? Farmed ewoks? Here's an event you can't beat. But farm NS even though you don't want to and you MIGHT be able to get some gear!
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They're attempting to set a day-of farm precedent. No packs until day-of event. One day event with no farm option ahead of time, just refreshes and farming that single day-of release bc there's no concrete time the event returns.

I think we should get some dev-response on this new strategy. It is the opposite direction from many months of community feedback.
    Post edited by Anavel_Gato on
  • Options
    They're attempting to set a day-of farm precedent. No packs until day-of event. One day event with no farm option ahead of time, just refreshes and farming that single day-of release bc there's no concrete time the event returns.

This is a new low.

I think we should get some dev-response on this new strategy.

Agreed. They want us to spend more money, but provide even less information than in the past. Ummmm....yeah, I don't think so.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Guys it's "Luke I am your father Vader..." we just got CLS.... true face... come on super fans" j.

You can't chide "superfans" going around butchering the most iconic quote in all the movies.. Its "NO, I am your father".
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Wacko theory.
    Old foe= palpatine
    True face= rey
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wacko theory.
    Old foe= palpatine
    True face= rey

So... Rey is actually Palpatine, back from the dead? Makes as much sense as the Chewbacca defense.
  • Schustring
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon The Ewok event says 10 shards for each completion... I ran twice and received 7 shards each time... this another penalty for running iOS??
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Schustring wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon The Ewok event says 10 shards for each completion... I ran twice and received 7 shards each time... this another penalty for right Ning iOS??
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    It's supposed to be 10 flat each win. I'll look into this in the morning when I get into the office.

We will Update when we have more information Hopefully later today
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Stevil907 wrote: »
    I too am having the issue of being stuck at 'Loading Cantina' and nothing happening.

Same here. I have been unable to log in since the update, it sticks at the "Loading Cantina" screen. I have tried rebooting my device, hard reset, nothing gets past that screen.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    On the first tier I got 7 shards on first completion and paid the crystals for a 2nd run and got 9 shards which was enough to level my Wicket to 7*.
    The Bonus tier showed up and immediately grayed out saying I had completed all my attempts. Is this because I played the first tier 2x?
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately. Only two attempts are allowed - one free and one requiring 780 crystals. It would be nice if a person managed to 7* Wicket after using two attempts on the first tier that they would at least have one go at the Bonus tier. It's not possible to see that this isn't a option until it is too late.
  • Options
    ok ty much for the reply!
  • Options
    Same event, diff problem (not meaning to hijack thread). On Tier 1, it shows I've 3*'d it, but also Required Characters 4/5 with a disabled Battle(1) button. Bonus tier is locked. Not sure what to do with this event.
  • Options
    @SWKevan It's probably because the previous time they had this event they only required 4 Ewoks. Now they require 5.

I was a bit disappointed because I still only had 4 up to the correct star level, so I burned some crystals to get Paploo up to the right star level to compete in the event.

/shrug
  • Options
    780 Crystals just to get 10 more shards? That's insane. I hope Talzin event is different. That's the character I'm excited for. But looks like these characters are meant to be bought, not won.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Who agrees?
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My concern with this tighter and tighter release schedule with (this time) no time to prepare or farm will get less and less people to pay, likely the opposite of what is intended in the long run. Seeing many people here planning to just ignore the ewoks. Worry the NS events will also suffer.
  • Options
    My concern with this tighter and tighter release schedule with (this time) no time to prepare or farm will get less and less people to pay, not the likely opposite of what is intended in the long run. Seeing many people here planning to just ignore the ewoks. Worry the NS events will also suffer.
    My concern with this tighter and tighter release schedule with (this time) no time to prepare or farm will get less and less people to pay, not the likely opposite of what is intended in the long run. Seeing many people here planning to just ignore the ewoks. Worry the NS events will also suffer.

I agree. Uncertainty tends to encourage people to stockpile rather than spend. That's true in virtually every market in history. If we have no idea what's upcoming or know that we don't get notice on events anymore, more people will likely "hold".

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree. Uncertainty tends to encourage people to stockpile rather than spend. That's true in virtually every market in history. If we have no idea what's upcoming or know that we don't get notice on events anymore, more people will likely "hold".

I stock piled ap for tournaments waiting for shore trooper to return - idk if it was the 2nd or 3rd time he was suppose to have the tournament, whatever. Then tournaments got canceled- and I spent a whole day unloading them lol
  • Options
    They should NOT release refresh-based, limited time event farms without all the information on how long they last or when they will return!!!

This. Love the new content. The way it was released is terrible. We don't even know how the individual NS packs (the ones with guaranteed shards) will be priced....even though that event begins tomorrow. So much wrong with the communication on these events:

1) No duration information.
    2) No recurrence information.
    3) No packs until the event starts.
    4) No information on pack costs (for those that actually have guaranteed shard amounts).
    5) "Double drops" that don't start until the event, run two days (and past the end of the event).

While there have been some recent attempts at "improving" communication, realistically and practically speaking, there has been little to no improvement in almost 2 years.

So very true, and so very sad. It really would not take much work to take this game from the frustration a lot of us feel right now back to the fun we had in it. Would also get even more people to pay for things if they felt they were getting their money's worth.
  • Options
    sounds... nothing like star wars.
    zombies and ghosts?
    all events sounds nice, and i cant do all of them. But i realy dont like the idea about zombies and ghosts, and they will be strong toons...hmmm. imagine, your star wars arena team is comander luke, thrawn, ray, han solo and ghost. ???? sorry but i dont see any logic there.
  • Options
    sounds... nothing like star wars.
    zombies and ghosts?
    all events sounds nice, and i cant do all of them. But i realy dont like the idea about zombies and ghosts, and they will be strong toons...hmmm. imagine, your star wars arena team is comander luke, thrawn, ray, han solo and ghost. ???? sorry but i dont see any logic there.

Plenty of logic there. The game is a holotable, not an actual battle between “real” characters. Like, that’s not Han Solo in the game, that’s a holographic representation of Han Solo in a game inside the game.

No different than playing fantasy sports in our real world.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    You know, if you just changed the amount of all gear at g7, g8 and g9 to 20 instead of 50 it would go a long way toward toning down the gear crunch. A heck of a lot better than new gear drops hidden behind yet another character gate (though I appreciate you tried to make this gate a little more achievable). Have to say that my wallet went from open to closed when it stopped making a difference in my progression. If a hundred bucks, maybe 2, a month doesn't make a dent, zero is the next option. Bring the fun back fellas, the game is starting to become a task.
  • Options
    Old foe... revealing true face.

"Old Master" Maul from Rebels?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    It seems like the recent content update also improved some stuff under the hood. I had been experiencing increasingly drastic frame rate drops and lag until the recent update. I first noticed this in the marquee battles when i was surprised and amazed at the quality of Talzin’s animations. They were smooth as butter, which is saying something considering how intricate they are. But I also noticed that navigation in the cantina is now near flawless, arena battles (particularly baze’s AOE) are much snoother, and even ship battles are more consistent.

Am I crazy?
  • Options
    Am still getting those long pauses over certain character shards in shops when tapping on them. Been like that since TB was released though.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Yup, it's what I'm doing. Luckily, I stockpiled enough to make NS work even with short notice of event requirements. But even then, I'm dumping as little into them as possible, just enough to make it through events, and am trying to ultimately stockpile for the new movie release - I have a feeling the next meta is going to either lean FO or Resistance, depending on which faction gets the stronger new character. We shall see, trying to keep a balance of 30 million credits, 5k crystals, and as many carbantis and stun guns as I can lay my paws on.